Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFungushead
Carnivore

Loc: Washington State
Are these boletes?
    #2768014 - 06/06/04 01:16 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

My camera has bit the big one and I this new one my wife got doesn't give good images, but here's some I found over at a friends party today:

These have no gills, the large one in the center bruised sort of off-blue green when I cut the stem. All of them are on paper right now to get prints. They were found in mixed pine/fir and light brush, with thick pine needles on the ground. Growing in Eastern Washington. Where the gills should be looks like a honeycomblike pattern in extreme miniature. The caps measure anywhere from 1.5" to 5.5 inches in diameter. When you disect the caps in half the flesh is whitish yellow but turns more orangish in a few minutes after the cut. In the largest one the cap is sort of off-yellow and the sporelike underside is light brown. The rest have brownish caps with white striations and more yellowish brown to orangish brown colored undersides, also with the same odd miniature honeycomb pattern in miniature that seems almost solid with the smaller (or younger) specimens. None of them have a noticeable scent.

Ah yes and when I cut the big one in half it had yellow flesh as well but bruised greenish blue almost immediately.

--------------------
2004: The year telemarketing started to shrivel up like a cold pair of nuts.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleivi
 User Gallery

Re: Are these boletes? [Re: Fungushead]
    #2768337 - 06/06/04 05:44 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

They remind me Suillus variegatus

--------------------

Edited by ivi (06/06/04 09:12 AM)

OfflineFungushead
Carnivore

Loc: Washington State
Re: Are these boletes? [Re: ivi]
    #2770893 - 06/07/04 05:39 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

That looks pretty damn close to the largest one. The others have caps that have brown and white striations.

--------------------
2004: The year telemarketing started to shrivel up like a cold pair of nuts.

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
Re: Are these boletes? [Re: Fungushead]
    #2771508 - 06/07/04 11:42 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

In a general sense, yes, those are boletes. Boletes are characterized by having tubes instead of gills. They can be distinguished from polypores by noting that most polypores grow from wood and boletes from the ground, and the tubes on boletes can be peeled away from the cap where polypore tubes cannot.

As ivi noted, those are probably Suillus, but an identification to species would require more information. In particular, we need to see the stem in fairly good detail.

Happy mushrooming!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds