Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFungi_x
Firekeeper of OTD
I'm a teapot User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Michigan Flag
Something is Wrong with Me
    #2764370 - 06/04/04 07:40 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I don't seem to be having much luck with tripping for some reason, this is what is going on.

Back last December I tripped alot and started having small issues with feeling uncomfortable during the start of the trip, this wore off eventually and I had a good time.

Then it started to get really bad, It became bad the hole trip, Extreme pain... well I don't know if pain is the word because it was not like a rock falling on your foot, it was more like... well I cant explain it, But Its the worse feeling I have ever had.

So I just figured I was doing shrooms to much so I laid off for awhile. Now a few weeks ago I did shrooms again, about 3 grams. And I was feeling a very low level of this discomfort even before I did the shrooms! Then I took them and felt like SHIT for the comeup and, but eventualy got better and I enjoyed myself. It must be anxiety. My body saying "Oh FUCK" and making my heart rate sky rocket, in effect I'm setting myself up for a bad trip. and it really sux.

I hate this, Its really bad because I have not really did much tripping in my life and this feels like its never going to go away. All I have to do Is think about doing shrooms and my heart starts jumping and I get all shaky :crazy: :sad:

Has this happened to any1 else? Any1 got some suggestions?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinealiaarhus
Master of allshrooms

Loc: Denmark
Re: Something is Wrong with Me [Re: Fungi_x]
    #2764425 - 06/04/04 08:09 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Keep yourself away from the mushroom-tripping in a couple of months and try again with lower dosages. Maybe you have done it too much... we all react differently to drugs and especially dosages.

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Loc: El Paso, TX Flag
Re: Something is Wrong with Me [Re: aliaarhus]
    #2764892 - 06/04/04 10:53 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Mabey you need to do some venting of whatever stresses you have in your life. Some meditation right before the trip would help too.

OfflineFatVsAsia
missing thehappy days...

Loc: Bolinas, California
    #2764955 - 06/04/04 11:07 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I get that too, its weird

--------------------
Smoke The Weed

Offlineshrooms777
Re: Something is Wrong with Me [Re: FatVsAsia]
    #2765078 - 06/05/04 12:02 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I get a bit anxious before tripping but the shrooms help me relax as soon as they kick in I am all smiley. right now I am only the least bit nervous, but prepared for the trip I am about to have(should kick in a few)

OfflineFungi_x
Firekeeper of OTD
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Something is Wrong with Me [Re: Gr0wer]
    #2766090 - 06/05/04 12:13 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Gr0wer said:
Mabey you need to do some venting of whatever stresses you have in your life. Some meditation right before the trip would help too.

I guess I do have allot of stuff that?s stressing me out in my life at the moment. I?m unsure if meditation is going to solve my issue... I think I'm going to have to solve the problems I have in my life before I can have more experiences with shrooms.

Invisibletoad857
President of theUnited States

#2766120 - 06/05/04 12:30 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

so your heart rate goes up? it sounds a lot like anxiety to me. do you have any anxiety issues in other aspects of your life? worry a lot? i do.

stress definitely will lead to anxiety. for a week, eat nothing but healthy food and get plenty of sleep (8-10 hours--no more or less).

i find that just improving my diet will make me feel so much better.

OfflineFungi_x
Firekeeper of OTD
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Something is Wrong with Me [Re: toad857]
    #2766424 - 06/05/04 02:30 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

do you have any anxiety issues in other aspects of your life?

yea, I worry a lot and find it hard to go into public places... But for awhile mushrooms were helping me get a grasp on these issues. For the week or so after a trip when I started feeling the paranoia and anxiety in public places,I would be able to see much more easily how stupid my fears were and just laugh off the panic attack... I don't kno. Its fucked up. Then I start thinking that maybe I broke something in my brain and im never going to be able to enjoy shrooms again, and I start to panic.

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

#2766447 - 06/05/04 02:38 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Your mind is mendable. You just hev to believe in what you should feel and adjust your mind and body.

OfflineFungi_x
Firekeeper of OTD
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Something is Wrong with Me [Re: Gr0wer]
    #2766486 - 06/05/04 02:52 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I don't smoke but Do you think if I smoke a cig during the come up it will help ?

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

#2766568 - 06/05/04 03:19 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

dont start bad habbits.

OfflineFungi_x
Firekeeper of OTD
Folding@home Statistics
    #2767299 - 06/05/04 09:16 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Ok I did 1 gram tonight and im fine.... But god damn the come up was hell! I don't understand why I feel like that. Now that im here this seems kinda week and I want to take some more :-( I ingested @ about 8.00

BTW I drank it in tea, I drank it over about 1/2 hour so it would come on slow.

sorry if this seems all random but im on shrooms.

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

#2767549 - 06/05/04 10:16 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

You need some mental stability. You should know your mind if you can take them or not. Dont ask us. We have no idea how your feeling or acting. "Know your mind, know your body, know your source" -vaults of Erowid

Edited by Gr0wer (06/05/04 10:17 PM)

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #2767674 - 06/05/04 10:46 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

fungi_x said:
Ok I did 1 gram tonight and im fine.... But god damn the come up was hell! I don't understand why I feel like that. Now that im here this seems kinda week and I want to take some more :-(  I ingested @ about 8.00

BTW I drank it in tea, I drank it over about 1/2 hour so it would come on slow.

sorry if this seems all random but im on shrooms.

me too!!  :smile:

Offlineroadnate
Stranger
    #2767871 - 06/06/04 12:08 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I used to have this happen quite a bit. The first one was just a matter of taking too much at a bad time in my life, but after that the fear of it would often bring it on. For me it is a feeling of complete loss of control. It's like I am no longer sure that I know what is going on around me, and that it could be something horrible and I just don't know it. It's pure anxiety, of a sort that people who have never had a bad trip (like my wife) just can't understand. Tightness in the chest, rapid heart rate, time slows down to an maddening pace and it often seems like it will go on forever. In fact, I have found that the feeling that it won't end...ever...is often there, and knowing the fact that it will doesn't seem to help. Well, after about a dozen of these I started working it out with my wife. Small doses with a trusted friend in a comfortable place. Make sure that they are willing to do whatever you want. I found that trying to describe what it felt like using strong metaphor (using the tripping brain to describe what is happening in the most outlandish ways) and having my partner write it down. Discuss it with them, both during and after the trip. After awhile you get it under control, it's like you tranfer the anxiety to the images and words, thus putting it under your control.

Works for me.

OfflineFungi_x
Firekeeper of OTD
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Something is Wrong with Me [Re: roadnate]
    #2767959 - 06/06/04 12:43 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

For me it is a feeling of complete loss of control. It's like I am no longer sure that I know what is going on around me, and that it could be something horrible and I just don't know it. It's pure anxiety

Tightness in the chest, rapid heart rate, time slows down to an maddening pace and it often seems like it will go on forever. In fact, I have found that the feeling that it won't end...ever...is often there, and knowing the fact that it will doesn't seem to help.

Thats whats going on, I feel as tho it may never stop but at the same time im aware it will. Im very scared because there are so many "PHISICAL" feelings, feelings of "PHISICAL" pain and discomfort, unlike just feeling like somethings wrong I actualy feel pain. Most of the pain comes from my stomach, but like I said its not like a rock hit me its just not the same. and during all this its like 1000 bands playing @ the same time inside my head @ once.

btw welcome to the shroomery, You sound like a very smart person and I already like ya  :cool: 5 shrooms 2 you

OfflineMeThoD
MeThoD

#2769446 - 06/06/04 03:55 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

It seems that, if you can relax, and welcome the trip without being nervous, it'll be fine.

But yeah, once I was nervous, and I had pain when the mushrooms came in. Worst feeling ever.

Maybe you should smoke a bowl to chill out. Weed will make the trip less intense, and make you relax so the shrooms don't do you any bad.

--------------------
Every empty bowl must be filled, and a full bowl must always be emptied.

OfflineFungi_x
Firekeeper of OTD
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Something is Wrong with Me [Re: MeThoD]
    #2769633 - 06/06/04 05:07 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I can't get weed... Its very sad, I have no connections.

Anonymous

#2769820 - 06/06/04 06:14 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

it is anxiety, you know that much. i think the reason you experience it so badly is becuase your feeding into it. you need to just chill and do shrooms for the purpose of gaining insight, but what your problem is, is you anticipate a shitty experience each time you do them or think of doing them, and so that is what you get every time.

When u think of shrooms, that negative memory comes back and it haunts you, eats at you, but this is something you need to over come if you ever want to enjoy the experience ever again. Tell yourself that not every experience is going to go that way, that you only felt that way before because of a prior experience that started it all, due to stress in your life. You can get over this by thinking totally positive, and not dwelling on the negative memory. it is only a memory, one that needs delt with or it will continue to hurt you again and again.

when you abuse something.....it starts abusing you back. but with shrooms, as you know, i think, it is a self exploration tool.....so whatever experience you had that started the anxiety turn panic attacks, was your fighting whatever the shrooms were trying to help you deal with. this happens when u do not 'let go' and hang onto your ego. what i do, is i just lie down(on stomach or back, or whatever is most comfy) and close my eyes and dont think about the anxiety i am feeling and just let whatever comes to mind come to mind....which is always positive because with eyes closed and not thinking about anything you are listening to god/meditating. You will feel much better if you do this. ask god to help if you are still scared, you can feel peace again on shrooms, look within. Of course, negative thoughts can still arise, but dont dwell on them and a positive one will follow to help u to understand the negative one, it is very cool....this is how you deal with your issues. i have actually cried at all of the positivity i have felt...because it is so liberating to be freed from that stress. shrooms are no escape, but a teacher. you can learn a lot about yourself if you know why your taking the shrooms.

i wish you the best man. you may have a chemical imbalance too, some people need medication to correct it. oh yeah, if you havent smoked pot in a long time, it can make the experiene even more intense...increasing the anxiety, i advise against it.

-my 2 cent ramble.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag