Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleSlite
Lost in Life
 User Gallery
Loc: UK
Depressed or just human?
    #2762685 - 06/04/04 09:08 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I get depressed, sometimes just for an hour or so, sometimes for days and days.. sometimes it's not so bad sometimes can be unbearable...

I have a friend whose brother commited suicide a few years back and she once told me I reminded her of her brother before he did it, and that I should consider seeking professional help.

But I always thought that everyone gets down in the dumps every now and then, and that I'm not really depressed but just human. If this is the case going to a therapist would be a big waste of time, theirs and mine.

I am just wondering what actually would make me clinically depressed and not just feeling abit down?

I've read abit and most sources mention that if you think suicidal thoughts you should seek help immediatly... I always thought that was abit over the top tbh. I do think suicidal thoughts and I always thought it crosses everyones mind, I must admit I have thought about it more that just every month or so... Although I do think of suicide I don't think I'd ever do it, sometimes I just think how much better and easier (for me of course, it would be hell for everyone else, which is a reason why I never would) it would be if I did.

To put it bluntly I don't want to go to a therapist and have them tell me to bugger off cos theres nothing wrong with me. Is depression part of life or do I really need to consider getting help?

--------------------
"You can either believe you can do something, or believe you can't.... either way your right"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRedo
CTA

Re: Depressed or just human? [Re: Slite]
    #2762731 - 06/04/04 09:30 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

What is your depression like? Its bad when you just dont want to get out of bed or go outside or bath, eat, think, anything. I get numb for long periods of time, months and months on end (specifically when im out of gonj).

It depends, what is it like when you get down and how constant is it? How do you feel when your normal??

InvisibleSlite
Lost in Life
 User Gallery
Loc: UK
Re: Depressed or just human? [Re: Redo]
    #2762762 - 06/04/04 09:47 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

When I get depressed I don't want to do anything, sometimes I just lie on my bed in the middle of the day and think. I lie in bed for an hour or so before I get up If I can and sometimes when I can't. My appetite varies, sometimes I eat lots other times I bearly eat at all(for instance a week ago I had 4 meals in one day, a few days ago I ate 2 bowls of cerial all day). I would say my diet is usually pretty bad, I usually don't eat breakfast or dinner just snacks until tea, I once collapsed because I had such a low blood sugar level.

I don't really no how bad my depression is because I've got nothing to compare it with.. sometimes I am fine and can be for a while, but my circumstances are good at the moment and I know if they change my mood will change too, plus I don't feel good all the time even now when I should. In the past I have been depressed for days and days, no idea how long but it seemed like forever.

--------------------
"You can either believe you can do something, or believe you can't.... either way your right"

OfflineRedo
CTA

#2764538 - 06/04/04 08:58 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Sounds like you have some depression going on :o, the problem is as you get older its going to most likely get triggered more and more. Im just not a big fan of the antidepressents, but thats just me. I would think about asking your doctor, especially if it continues.

Remember, you may not have to experience it again. Some people hate teh meds, others swear by them. Its a hit and miss game that could be well worth it. Or just take to smoking pot :laugh:

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Depressed or just human? [Re: Redo]
    #2764619 - 06/04/04 09:28 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, I would agree that you probably have depression. You should ask your doctor or try seeing a psychologist or psychiatrist.. depending on if you are going to get meds or not. I'm also not a fan of the meds at all. I've tried tons of em and I disliked it very much. But don't let our opinions influence you, try it for yourself. Everyone is different and react differently with the meds. Also, all the different kinds react differently as well.

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Anonymous #1

#2764710 - 06/04/04 09:59 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I think depression can be natural. I actually like being depressed. For some reason when I'm depressed my attention span for music is better (I normally have a really bad attention span for music). It's almost like being stoned for me. When I'm depressed I also feel really emotional, which I like too. I would actually like to be depressed a few times a week (no longer than an hour at a time though). I haven't been depressed in over a year because I'm on an antipsychotic med that has SSRI properties. If you're really not liking your depression and it's lasting longer than a month straight then maybe you might need to be on meds. I personally don't like the meds, they have taken away my emotions completely.

OfflinePuZuZu
Board Bum
 User Gallery

Loc: Idaho (USA)
    #2764872 - 06/04/04 10:49 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

i hate being depressed. its a weight. a mental weight that fucking won't go away. it sits there....eating at your mind, making you think weird shit, making you pull yourself apart, making you WEAK. seriously, its not natural to be depressed to a point you don't care anymore. its brainwashing you to think its normal.

i myself don't support those who think pills are magical and are going to fix you problems. i mean, i'm sure their good but they come with side affects and a 'hit and miss' chance. it might work, it might not. i myself have ADHD and was forced to take ritalin as a kid, it made me sick, shy, airheaded, and paranoid. then as a teenager i forced myself to take this shit in rehab that made me ultra pale and sick, i had a throbbing headache, all i wanted to do was sleep, i felt outside my body, like something was pulling at my sockets, i'd stare at shit for long periods of time.

fuck pills IMO. i don't know if you are religious or not but whatever makes us alive doesn't give us something too hard to handle. why are you depressed? you sound unmotivated, lost, and pretty bored. you are listening to the shoulder-devil tell you to commit suicide. do you seriously want to put a blunt end to life? yeah right!

suicide is lame-o. it is not natural, its completely stupid and people who give in to that shit are pathetic and weak. if normal people can live life out i'm sure you can. you don't sound insane. plus the obvious thing is you are questioning yourself, feeling aware that your state of mind isn't healthy. this is a good thing, people who ignore this end up killing themselves.

listen to yourself, you are the best judge of whats best for you. and i'll be your subconcious-wannabe, suicide is bad! get out and do something.... please... get your thoughts collected, find out why you are proud to be yourself, and get rid of the suicide thoughts. i can see that people care about ya, be glad because some people have nothing.

it takes time to eliminate the negative thoughts, i'm RARELY sad myself because of such a practice. one thing i do is help others get out of the pit of depression cause depression sucks. i hate it with a passion.

once your happier you'll find it easier to be energetic, it feels good, trust me.

--------------------
"If you worried about falling off the bike, you would never get on."
Lance Armstrong

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Depressed or just human? [Re: PuZuZu]
    #2765112 - 06/05/04 12:22 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I have to say I don't agree with your comment on suicide. You don't know how other people feel. How can you say other people are weak and pathetic when you have no idea how bad they feel? You can't, not justly. Just because you are also human does not mean that you have felt as bad or as good as everyone else has.

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

OfflineRedo
CTA

Re: Depressed or just human? [Re: Locus]
    #2765179 - 06/05/04 12:49 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

^^^

Suicide is for the weak? Do you know what full scale depression is like? It dosent sound like you were Puzuzu, it just sounds like you were manic all the time. Suicide is a natural thought when you are depressed, and you may be very vulnerable when you are depressed. Logic dosent matter, you just want to have the depression fuckin stop, and thats the way it can be done.

InvisibleTheDude
is waiting forthe peak

#2766763 - 06/05/04 05:37 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

i used to get depressed all the time until one day i was stoned and noticing how my mind works. i had just been really happy, smoked a little and then got very depressed. i asked myself why did i get depressed? because my thoughts turned negative. why did my thoughts turn negative? because i let them. I realized i control my mind and its foolish for me to allow myself to use my mind against my best interest.

what good am i doing myself by thinking these negative things? no good at all.

so i shall stop.

and honestly, since that day i haven't slipped into a depressed state (and that was a few months ago). its just a matter of accepting responsiblity for your thoughts and actions. for the longest time i tried to blame my feelings on the events in my life (im so depressed because blah blah happened, or blah blah didn't happen to me) when in fact im just depressed because i let myself get that way.

it sounds like you want to change your situation. muster up some willpower and stay vigilant over your thoughts, that's the only advice i can give.

good luck.

--------------------
"this lebowski he called himself 'the dude'. now, 'dude', that's a name no one would self-apply where i come from but there was a lot about the dude that didn't make sense to me...."--the Stranger

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
    #2766865 - 06/05/04 06:28 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Never give anybody the chance to have right if you kill yourself out of depression ! Just be you and trust yourself. No human has invented you, so you and your thoughts have the same right of existence like anybody else. Often especially these thoughts and persons are the valuest for the whole human kind. Get out of the mainstream pressure and just be yourself.

These thoughts have helped me a lot...once...
Keep peace, also against yourself !
And keep existing in THIS world.

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

Offlinen0xious
SPUN
Male User Gallery

Loc: London
    #2782518 - 06/10/04 04:13 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

if your depression keeps coming back over a long period and you have suicidal thoughts, i would say you're probably clinically depressed. i would go to your dr, the drugs are shit at first but will help in the long run :smile: im about to finish my treatment after like months and im fine now

--------------------
Its only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything.

You got the gun, I got a plant. Who's the criminal?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom