Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleautomanM
blasted chipmunk
 User Gallery

The Day After Tomorrow
    #2762251 - 06/04/04 02:11 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

take some headphones and plenty of mind altering friendlies to see this movie. plot sux, acting mostly sux, music sux, but it sure is pretty to watch!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePsilygirl
cyan goddess
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: The Day After Tomorrow [Re: automan]
    #2762311 - 06/04/04 03:12 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

the topic (global warming) is the most important thing about this movie.  :smirk:

--------------------
"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing.' Between the two, my life flows."

Puget Sound Mycological Society

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
Re: The Day After Tomorrow [Re: Psilygirl]
    #2762436 - 06/04/04 06:19 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, too bad the lack of plot and character development will turn away those who might've actually read into the importance of that part...

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The Day After Tomorrow [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #2762445 - 06/04/04 06:30 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Well the graphics and such look stunning. I'd like to see it just for that.

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

OfflinePsilygirl
cyan goddess
 User Gallery

Re: The Day After Tomorrow [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #2763014 - 06/04/04 11:19 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

yeah the science is pretty unfounded, but hopefully it will get the general public to at least ask questions.

--------------------
"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing.' Between the two, my life flows."

Invisibleprince_toadstool
Punchline
    #2763081 - 06/04/04 11:42 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

man I went to see this movie cuz with the hype I had heard, I thought it was gonna be /the shit/ like the end of the world movies from y2k, when everone thought "hell it might happen."

very dissappointed. it wasn't terrible, but it wasn't better than a B. especially the gay ending

--------------------
"Judge of a man by his questions rather than by his answers." Voltaire

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #2763550 - 06/04/04 01:33 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Ya the movie was shit, but the special effects were cool. I liked when about 10 huge tornadoes were rippin through LA. Wouldn't mind seeing that happen for real.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #2764116 - 06/04/04 04:16 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Remember though, it is just a movie. I mean it doesn't have to be factual right? I haven't seen this movie, nor do I know what it's about except for seeing a few commercials. But the topic of global warming and pollution really must be addressed ..and if this movie can help at all,(even if it is inaccurate) then that's certainly a good thing.

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: The Day After Tomorrow [Re: Locus]
    #2764145 - 06/04/04 04:31 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I fail to see how global warming and pollution causes massive cataclysms worldwide.. perhaps a pole shift but global warming? pfft That is if I am assuming correctly based on the previews that this movie is about natural global disasters on a large scale..

--------------------

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The Day After Tomorrow [Re: Shroomism]
    #2764214 - 06/04/04 05:02 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Eventually in years to come there could be some tremendous worldwide negative effects from global warming and pollution. If not addressed now, there will be no preventing it.

--------------------

Offlinebeatlebangboy
Absinthe-ian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bum Fuck Florida
    #2764297 - 06/04/04 07:05 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

The Day After Tomorrow was probably the worst movie of all times. Now I grant you that the effects were like none I have seen before, but by far it was beyond predictable and corny. Was I the only one that noticed that no mist was coming out of the actors mouths? I mean it was supposed to be way below zero and their breath didn't fog up.
Go figya, with all those special effects that went unnoticed.

OfflinePsilygirl
cyan goddess
 User Gallery

#2764360 - 06/04/04 07:36 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

actually i'm taking a class on global warming right now, and one of the top researchers on climate change in the world is my professor, it's been the best class i've ever taken.

what happens in the movie is unreal.  they base the superstorm and subsequent sudden ice age as what climatologists call a "climate surprise"  most scientists dont see a climate surprise in the next 100 years.  however, past then, who knows. 

we are burning fossil fuels at an ungodly rate, we are double the CO2 (a very powerful greenhouse gas) of normal levels (about 390 ppm we were at 280 at the beginning of hte industrial era and are expected to get to 570 ppm by the end of the century).  it has been proven that CO2 concentration and temperature are directly related.

these are the predictions as posed by the IPCC, just to name a few:

1.  no more glaciers in glacier nat'l park in montana by 2030
2.  1.5-6 C temp change by 2100
3.  more hot days/heat waves--larger range of tropical disease like malaria
4. more flooding, severe weather, more intense precipitation events
5.  increase in hurricanes and their intensities
6. sea level rise (from thermal expansion and land ice on Greenland and Antarctica melting into sea) submerging coastal areas... if the West Antarctic Ice sheet melts... 20 ft sea level rise (we've already risen 20 ft over the past century)
7.  desalination of the ocean from land ice melting causes gulf stream and ocean circulation to cease (premise for the movie)
8.  CO2 being forced into the ocean through mere concentration, acidifying the ocean and destroying the coral reefs

okay, so these are only a few things...and the movie was a little unrealistic in not only the effects but how quickly everything happened.  an ice age is possible... just not in 10 days.  they were pretty accurate on their portrayal of the US government and their irresponsibility.  they're basically denying fact so they can keep burning oil and fossil fuels.

the US emits the most CO2 of anywhere in the world... one gallon of gasoline puts 20 lbs of CO2 in the atmosphere... just think about that when you hop in your SUV and remember that when we sink the developing nations in the south pacific islands... be ready for all the environmental refugees because we sunk their country.

/end rant

but seriously if anyone is interested in learning about the topic, i know alot about it, PM me and i can send you some good info. 

and this isn't a hopeless situation.  we can do something now if we just take action and decide it's important to us.

however, there are already inevitable effects because even if we brought our net CO2 emissions to zero, there are still going to be global warming effects from the CO2 already in the atmosphere... it's already happening

knowledge is power

:sun:
Psily

--------------------

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #2764513 - 06/04/04 08:49 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Yes, I've read many articles pertaining to this. The last one I read a month or two ago or so and there were some pretty frightening predictions. Though still no one cares, and future generations are going to have a lot of trouble with this ..if the world makes it that far anyway, hehe. Of coarse there is a lot that is enevitable already but there are still things that can be prevented if things are done right now.

--------------------

OfflinePsilygirl
cyan goddess
 User Gallery

#2764536 - 06/04/04 08:57 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

exactly. we need to take action now if theres any hope for a future for this planet!!

--------------------

OfflinePositronius
playboy

Loc: montreal-vancouver-tokyo
    #2765196 - 06/05/04 12:55 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
I fail to see how global warming and pollution causes massive cataclysms worldwide.. perhaps a pole shift but global warming? pfft That is if I am assuming correctly based on the previews that this movie is about natural global disasters on a large scale..

then you should probably read a few scientific reports, because disaster is very possible.

--------------------
and you know it like a poet, like....babydoll

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The Day After Tomorrow [Re: Positronius]
    #2765280 - 06/05/04 01:27 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

For a second back there I thought no one was going to agree with me about this stuff haha

--------------------

Offlinevade
veteran

Loc: Columbus, OHIO
    #2765896 - 06/05/04 10:41 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

yeah, the plot blew, and what the fuck was with the wolves? after that part happened i began to wonder when the dinosuars where gonna come up from under neath all the snow and start roaming the city.  Other then that the special effects rocked...

and donnie darko was in it :grin:

--------------------
I've got this feeling that there's something that I missed...

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The Day After Tomorrow [Re: vade]
    #2766669 - 06/05/04 04:35 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

haha, how was his acting in this movie?

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2769459 - 06/06/04 04:01 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I'm pissed that this movie sucked so much ass because if they had made it a really GOOD movie, maybe people would have paid attention to the message: its not up to the government to fix this; its up to us - they don't give a shit

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinevade
veteran

Loc: Columbus, OHIO
Re: The Day After Tomorrow [Re: Strumpling]
    #2769590 - 06/06/04 04:53 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Strumpling said:
its not up to the government to fix this; its up to us - they don't give a shit

so true, they don't give a shit.

--------------------
I've got this feeling that there's something that I missed...

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom