Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Compare CBD   Amazon Toilet Paper

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
whit shroom/NOW WITH PICS!!! PLEASE ID
    #2766268 - 06/05/04 03:31 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Cap 7.5 inches wide 2 inches thick

Stem 5 inches long, with a big fat base

Viel YES

Gill white

EDIT: FOUND IN CENTRAL ILLINOIS LIKE 4 HOURS AGO, in the grass in the middle of my naybors yard.

the entire mushroom is white, there is skin on the top of the cap that is peeling and turning tan with age, if this thing was brown i would say its a portabella, it looks exactly like a portabella only white

spore print is coming in 2 days, my buddy with a digi cam is on his way over, so hopefully we can get some pics on here.  :cool:

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Edited by Psychoslut (06/05/04 05:28 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
Re: whit shroom/NOW WITH PICS!!! PLEASE ID [Re: Psychoslut]
    #2766629 - 06/05/04 06:00 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Your mushroom is from the genus Lepiota or the closely related Chlorophyllum. The spore print color will tell. If it's white, then it's a Lepiota, if it's green then you've got a Chlorophyllum. Until you can be certain, DO NOT EAT.

Chlorophyllum molybdites is a very nasty poisonous mushroom. Eating a very tiny piece is likely to make you sick enough to end up in an emergency room. On the positive side, you're almost certain not to die. On the negative side, victims have often stated that they wish they could die so it would stop.

If it's a Lepiota, then it's probably Lepiota rachodes, a choice edible mushroom. We need to know about the bruising reaction for an accurate ID. Cut the stem in half vertically and scrape the inside with your knife edge. It will change color within a couple minutes, and there are likely to be a couple different colors.

Happy mushrooming!

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: whit shroom/NOW WITH PICS!!! PLEASE ID [Re: ToxicMan]
    #2766895 - 06/05/04 08:56 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

ok, we scraped the stem we are waiting for the reaction, what colors should it be?

btw the stem is mostly solid if that helps

the shroom is now old enough to drop spores, we checked closely, and the gills are begining to have a green hugh to them, im not gonna risk it.

--------------------

Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Edited by Psychoslut (06/05/04 09:00 PM)

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #2766992 - 06/05/04 09:45 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

If it's developing a greenish tinge to the gills, then you've got Chlorophyllum molybdites.

They produce a poisoning referred to as "gastrointestinal syndrome", but that seems a bit of an understatement. The usual symptoms are severe stomach cramping (in degree comparable to the pain experienced after surgery), nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea (frequently described as "bloody" and "explosive" - sounds great, doesn't it?). Those symptoms last up to six wonderful hours. Keep in mind that the nausea and vomiting is more or less continuous for the entire time.

In case you're wondering why I'm listing all this, it's because we have a new group of mushroom hunters out here who probably haven't seen that before. If hearing about what will happen if you make a mistake will make somebody a bit slower to put that wild mushroom into their mouth, then that's a good thing. The Poison Centers receive over 10,000 calls a year having to do with possible mushroom poisonings in the US. NAMA (the North American Mycological Association) receives between 100 and 150 reports a year of actual poisonings, but we can be sure that that's only the tip of the iceberg. Most poisonings don't get reported to NAMA.

As far as the bruising colors, it's always best if you look and tell us what you see rather than trying to see if it matches an expectation. Lots of people have been poisoned when they thought they saw blue bruising when it was actually bruising a blackish color, so they ate deadly Galerinas. The bruising colors in Lepiotas range from bright orange to yellows, reds, pinks, purples, and browns. Even within a species there can be some variation, so it's not always helpful to have colors you expect or hope for.

With Chlorophyllum, I've usually seen oranges, reds, purples, and browns, with different specimens producing different colors. That's why I'd be curious to hear what colors you got.

Happy mushrooming!

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #2767181 - 06/05/04 10:53 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

It sure does look like Chlorophyllum molybdites.

Pronounced, Cloro Fie Lum Molly ba deets

Like ToxicMan says, check the gills, the mature specimens gills darken from white, to a light-greenish, to a strange greenish/blue color, as they mature.

They're poisonous.

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: whit shroom/NOW WITH PICS!!! PLEASE ID [Re: ToxicMan]
    #2768492 - 06/06/04 10:54 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

the inside of the stem bruised poop brown.

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: whit shroom/NOW WITH PICS!!! PLEASE ID [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #2768790 - 06/06/04 01:38 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Pronounced Chloro-fil-um-mole-lib-die-tis ohh GGreatOne234.

mj from Kinkos at yoyr service.. Fucking expensive as hellhere.

$12.50 an hour without the scanner.\

mj

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Compare CBD   Amazon Toilet Paper

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification