Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebitmonkey
Stranger
Cold hands/nose and faintness?
    #2762592 - 06/04/04 08:19 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Hi,

I have noticed when shrooming that I get cold, sweaty hands and my nose gets icy cold, I have recently also felt faint a couple of times whilst shrooming and felt very out of it. I had shallow breathing too. Has anyone else experienced this?

Could it be low blood pressure? If so I thought shrooms raised pulse and bp?

Last night this occured on only 9 or 10g of fresh cubensis, I thought I had come down by about t+3.5 (though with hindsight I was still tripping a little) and tried smoking a few bowls to extend the trip, it was shortly after this (and going outside into the cold air) that it happened, so those may have been factors. In any case it wasn't entirely me imagining it because my girlfriend was sober and said I looked very pale and verified my cold/clammy skin.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshrooms777
Re: Cold hands/nose and faintness? [Re: bitmonkey]
    #2765131 - 06/05/04 12:29 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

this happens to most, if not all people. just the normal body load id imagine. the trip takes lots of energy so you feel cold, tired and stoned. larger dosages make breathing hard as if you had the flu

InvisibleDreaMaTrix
Shaman I am

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Falling into place
    #2765478 - 06/05/04 03:50 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

How long do you fast for before the tryp? Or don't you?

--------------------

"We are the one's we have been waiting for" - Hopi saying

Offlinebitmonkey
Stranger
Re: Cold hands/nose and faintness? [Re: shrooms777]
    #2765689 - 06/05/04 07:54 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Shrooms777 - yes, I wondered that, I've taken shrooms about 15 or 20 times now so I guess maybe I'm starting to get a little more used to them freeing up my attention to notice the body load, but it did seem quite severe the other night for such a light dose.

DreaMatrix - I don't normally fast, in fact since I was on such a light dose the other night I actually ate whilst the shrooms were coming on, had no digestive problems, although I usually do on higher doses.

Oddly enough, even though I wondered if it was low blood pressure at first (because of the faintness) I just remembered looking at my arm and my veins were up a lot, my g/f remembers this too, so guess it must have been high.

I could understand it just being body load apart from the fact that I felt knocked out and had ringing in my ears, never had body load like that before on 4x the dose.

Maybe I'm just a little under the weather and it's a coincidence it happened on the shrooms...

Invisibleboeha
explorer

#2765802 - 06/05/04 09:25 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

On the come-up; I usually get similar physical irritations:

numbness of the face: like my nose is frozen...
tears in my eyes
no balance at all
some skin irritations; clothes always seem to lock my body up (I wrote this down once in a report :smile: )

--------------------
- turn on, tune in, drop out ...
- peace, love and understanding ...

OfflineGrizzy
Explorer of mindand matter

Loc: Bay Area, CA - USA
Re: Cold hands/nose and faintness? [Re: boeha]
    #2793162 - 06/14/04 06:06 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

This is the awesome feedback I was looking for my in my other post - "Mapping the mushroom trip".

bitmonkey - I agree with you - blood pressure drop.

First of all, I'd like to tell you a similar thing happened to my buddy just 3 nights ago.

bitmonkey - did your hands/arms TINGLE? Did you lay down, like you were about to pass out?

Funny thing about it is that my buddy had just smoked a bowl, too. Then he was pale, clamy, and weak(shock symptoms). He said that although he could breathe fine and there was no pain, it seemed like not enough blood was getting to his arms and head, etc. Hence the tingling in the arms, and the pale, cold sweat, passing-out feeling.
<Now, on this night, 3 nights ago - he wasn't shrooming. He did a little coke earlier, though.>

However, in the past, when we did shrooms together - I have had to CARRY HIM. We'd be all good, and then all of a sudden - he was in an instant super-tired, "time-to-go-to-sleep" mode. We were driving, and he came to stop, and pretty much passed out right there.

I always get the teary eyes. I also always get the yawns. Most of the time, there is a "tired" phase I have to stay awake through before the real fun starts. My problem is that my hands swell when I take a bunch. It's truly freaky, like an alien movie. I'm actually afraid to take a nice dose again until I find out more...so I've been taking minimal amounts.

boeha - you say your clothes lock you up? You don't mean they get tight, do you? I need to find someone else that swells up or something like me...need to get to the bottom of this.

And heck, while I'm at it - it would be nice to compile other info from folks and see what we can come up with.

--------------------
"You already know everything, it's just a matter of time before you remember..."

OfflineVats of Blood
Dude, what the heck??
Male

Loc: Flag
    #2793344 - 06/14/04 09:48 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

on the highest peak ive been on, granted it was only from [about] 3g dried, i felt an overwhelming tiredness, even though i knew that i couldnt sleep if i tried...but it was like i wanted to pass out but couldnt cuz i was tripping.

seems pretty common.

--------------------

OfflineEdit
Stranger
Loc: UK
    #2856235 - 07/04/04 11:59 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I find the best ways to cure the colder more unpleasent sensations on the come up are:

1. Be somwhere warm

or

2. Move around alot/do some form of exercise. This gets blood pumping to all the extremities and warms you up. As a bonus, if you do enough exercise (20-odd chin ups should do) the endorphin high that results is magnified by the shrooms and as such makes you feel very good indeed.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag