Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous #24

Re: When you’re heroes let you down [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #27878601 - 07/27/22 07:39 AM (2 months, 6 days ago)

It's all good bro You know me and I know you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous #23

Re: When you’re heroes let you down [Re: Anonymous #24]
    #27878604 - 07/27/22 07:46 AM (2 months, 6 days ago)

Who said I follow mainstream media? I get my information from a variety of up-to-date sources, parsing through it all as I go. Even a biased source will contain fact that can be separated from whatever slant the article may be attempting to convey. Hell, the slant itself can prove informative and give you insight into the publisher’s intended motivations.

I sincerely pity you. With regard to the news, reading seems to be a lost art. If you people aren’t being given an explicit set of preconceived opinions from which to choose, you aren’t  capable of forming opinions for yourselves. Independent thought is indeed dying.

I do know you. I’ve known scores of people just like you. You are the lowest common denominator in many respects: Rogan’s core audience.

Edited by Anonymous (07/27/22 08:43 AM)

Anonymous #6

Re: When you’re heroes let you down [Re: Anonymous #23]
    #27879275 - 07/27/22 11:08 PM (2 months, 5 days ago)

"I can't believe there's so many idiots that aren't reading CNN, ABC, or Fox News articles.  Watching a show for entertainment?  Wow your an idiot, I don't even like that guy or his opinions!"
#23 definitely is as sharp as a fuckin cue ball
It's too bad he never wanted to explore the penguin exhibit, we were *this* close to not having to read his drivel

Anonymous #23

Re: When you’re heroes let you down [Re: Anonymous #6]
    #27879281 - 07/27/22 11:12 PM (2 months, 5 days ago)

Who said I watch or read any of that? And even if I did, there’s facts and there’s spin. If you can’t differentiate one from the other, that signifies a problem with your own comprehension.

For example, I read an article that says, “Russian forces have launched missiles that damaged a port in Odessa. This is the beginning of a Russian plan to expand territory and take over Europe.” What I would do in this case is accept that first sentence as factual—provided the information has been confirmed by multiple independent sources—because it actually occurred. The second sentence I would reject because it’s speculative and intended to fuel an ideological agenda.

I’m not the idiot here. You people have lost the ability for critical, analytical thought. You’re the lowest common denominator, the reason why it’s such a struggle for this world to ever be a better place. You are the unthinking, uncomprehending mass. You don’t want to do the heavy lifting required to gather information on your own and form an independent opinion. You need to be given a choice of already formed opinions by other people. And that’s why the The Joe Rogan Experience appeals to you.

Edited by Anonymous (07/27/22 11:36 PM)

Anonymous #13

#27879287 - 07/27/22 11:14 PM (2 months, 5 days ago)

Can someone please god update the title of this thread? The "you're" is so frustrating lol.

Anonymous #5

#27879298 - 07/27/22 11:24 PM (2 months, 5 days ago)

Sitting at your computer blaming all the problems of the world on the people you don't like isn't making the world a better place either.

The minute you pick a side, right or left, liberal or conservative, and do nothing but point fingers and blame the other side for all the problems, we've all lost the battle.  That's exactly what the corporatocracy wants. Status quo, people standing divided against each other, while the conditions for all of us get worse as the greatest transfer of wealth in history takes place, funneled from what was once the middle class, and the poor, into the pockets of the super-rich.

It doesn't matter what side you're on, if you don't see this is what's happening, you've got your head buried in the sand and no amount of straw-manning the other side is going to do any of us any good.

Anonymous #23

Re: When you’re heroes let you down [Re: Anonymous #5]
    #27879300 - 07/27/22 11:28 PM (2 months, 5 days ago)

I never mentioned liberals or conservatives or anyone else. The only bone I’ve picked has been with the unintelligent (i.e. Rogan’s core audience). I’m sorry you people aren’t smarter, in fact, you’ll never realize how sorry. If you’d begin to acknowledge your own limitations and start trying to rectify them rather than wallowing in them, the situation will be better for all of us in the long run

Edited by Anonymous (07/27/22 11:30 PM)

Anonymous #5

#27879307 - 07/27/22 11:30 PM (2 months, 5 days ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #23 said:
I never mentioned liberals or conservatives or anyone else. The only bone I’ve picked has been with the unintelligent (i.e. Rogan’s core audience).

That's a sweeping generalization that has absolutely no basis in fact.

Anonymous #23

#27879312 - 07/27/22 11:32 PM (2 months, 5 days ago)

Enjoy your podcasts. Try to limit your screen time this week.

Anonymous #5

#27879321 - 07/27/22 11:36 PM (2 months, 5 days ago)

Haven't listened to Joe in a while actually.  I've no interest in sports.

Anonymous #6

#27879353 - 07/28/22 12:05 AM (2 months, 5 days ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #23 said:
Who said I watch or read any of that? And even if I did, there’s facts and there’s spin. If you can’t differentiate one from the other, that signifies a problem with your own comprehension.

For example, I read an article that says, “Russian forces have launched missiles that damaged a port in Odessa. This is the beginning of a Russian plan to expand territory and take over Europe.” What I would do in this case is accept that first sentence as factual—provided the information has been confirmed by multiple independent sources—because it actually occurred. The second sentence I would reject because it’s speculative and intended to fuel an ideological agenda.

I’m not the idiot here. You people have lost the ability for critical, analytical thought. You’re the lowest common denominator, the reason why it’s such a struggle for this world to ever be a better place. You are the unthinking, uncomprehending mass. You don’t want to do the heavy lifting required to gather information on your own and form an independent opinion. You need to be given a choice of already formed opinions by other people. And that’s why the The Joe Rogan Experience appeals to you.

somebody must have a bitchin life happening to be so enthralled with tearing down other people who watch a show primarily based in ENTERTAINING people.  No idea why you have to be stupid to enjoy the show, they talk about sports and comedy and other interesting facets of life.  You want a good podcast?  Listen to "your moms house"

Shit is fuckin hilarious
But you probably wouldn't like it, it's not a book

Anonymous #23

#27879362 - 07/28/22 12:22 AM (2 months, 5 days ago)

I admit it, I did get carried away. Sorry. If you’re going into the Rogan Experience with nothing more than the expectation of entertainment, more power to you. I stand by the assertions that he’s a shitty hero to have in the first place and the informational value of his program is marginal.

Anonymous #6

#27879425 - 07/28/22 12:59 AM (2 months, 5 days ago)

All good holmes I'm just shitposting.  I should have said I've only watched a few episodes of his, and it's not even that entertaining.  I do like his genuine zest for life though and depending on the guest it can be pretty interesting.  I liked the bob lazar one as I'm a big UFO fan and have a huge interest in them since seeing once three years ago

What up ya moms house something tom segura
-bizarro by Czarface

Edited by Anonymous (07/28/22 12:59 AM)

Anonymous #5

#27879440 - 07/28/22 01:09 AM (2 months, 5 days ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #23 said:
I admit it, I did get carried away. Sorry. If you’re going into the Rogan Experience with nothing more than the expectation of entertainment, more power to you. I stand by the assertions that he’s a shitty hero to have in the first place and the informational value of his program is marginal.

Even I will agree that looking to him as a hero figure is weird. I think looking at anyone as a hero is weird, we're all just humans doing our best, nobody's got superpowers.

Sometimes he has some really informative speakers on, that's all. And their information shouldn't be taken blindly either.

Anonymous #6

#27879447 - 07/28/22 01:11 AM (2 months, 5 days ago)

I have inspirations, but no heroes

Anonymous #5

#27879451 - 07/28/22 01:13 AM (2 months, 5 days ago)

Same here

Anonymous #6

#27879456 - 07/28/22 01:15 AM (2 months, 5 days ago)

More people should be like us, that's the problem!

:oldman:

Anonymous #13

#27879580 - 07/28/22 02:32 AM (2 months, 5 days ago)

"I like Joe Rogan. He's my Hero. And he's never wrong. And I believe everything he says and thinks. And his farts smell like rainbows!"

Pretty easy to blow up the argument when you act like that's what pro-rogan people are saying.

He's motivational. Great guy to follow if you're trying to lose weight and get fit. He's chill. Talks to fascinating people with diverse backgrounds. Three hour long discussion. Booze and weed and drugs involved. Regular comics on.

I mean.... What else should you watch? Everything is for money. Even little YouTube channels with five hundred subs have ads and shit.

And people are wrong all the time.

I guess people just wanna believe the narrative that Joe's a grifter and his viewers are sheep lol. It's just nonsense. I know he's not right all the time. That doesn't mean he's the Antichrist.

I don't want don lemon in a suit telling me shit from a teleprompter like he's talking candidly. I want actual authentic conversation. And daring enough to insult some people.

Also to the guy ranting about Joe viewers not being intelligent. What even is intelligence? You've lost the plot mate.

What could anyone ever say to you to prove they are "smart" if you think they are dumb? Should I solve the mysteries of quantum physics? Should I give a list of the books I read this year? Do an online IQ test?

It's just dumb.

I r bored. And have covid. Give me soup.

Anonymous #22

Re: When you’re heroes let you down [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #27887936 - 08/03/22 06:57 PM (1 month, 29 days ago)

Nancy Pelosi is the real hero for standing with Taiwan in the face of Chinese threats.  She has bigger balls than Rogan.

Anonymous #6

Re: When you’re heroes let you down [Re: Anonymous #22]
    #27888050 - 08/03/22 08:24 PM (1 month, 29 days ago)

I don't feel that way

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains