Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineJiggly
still learnin'
Loc: CT, USA
Maybe jesus uses the shroomery too...
    #2741906 - 05/28/04 02:52 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

evidence jesus was into shrooms as much as us

you have to read this article

--------------------
I love puppies.... When they're roadkill -GWAR-

"Those who trumpet their sufferings are usually most deserving of agony" -oderus urungus-

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Maybe jesus uses the shroomery too... [Re: Jiggly]
    #2742227 - 05/28/04 04:34 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

As much as I would love that to be true, it doesn't sound very convincing. The idea of Jesus turning water into wine by pissing into a bottle is amusing though.

OfflineJiggly
still learnin'
Re: Maybe jesus uses the shroomery too... [Re: Twirling]
    #2742412 - 05/28/04 06:10 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

after i read that i realized that would be a good explination for no one sitting on the other side of the table in the picture of the last supper, lol

--------------------

"Those who trumpet their sufferings are usually most deserving of agony" -oderus urungus-

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

Loc: florida
    #2743287 - 05/28/04 11:23 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

ok so who wants to volunteer to eat a shitload of shrooms, whiz into a jug of water, and see if the water gets trippy?

i'd pay a buck and a half to see that...

--------------------
We got Nothing!
we're no longer selling jars.  :laugh:

Invisiblepsyphon
mneumatic device

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Maybe jesus uses the shroomery too... [Re: MikeOLogical]
    #2743655 - 05/29/04 05:01 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I'm pretty sure it works different with psilocybin mushrooms. They're talking about amanitas in the article. It has been well established that people would traditionally drink urine from someone that had eaten the mushrooms. I've even heard of paintings that show kings eating the mushrooms and the urine trickling down to dukes, barons, etc till the peasents were tripping too, or something like that...

--------------------
"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes."
- Marcel Proust

I wish you all ceaselessly flowing moments of happiness.

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Maybe jesus uses the shroomery too... [Re: psyphon]
    #2743673 - 05/29/04 05:51 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

maybe all of the unbelievable things jesus was said to have done was caused by shrooms.. like walking on water and such.. hehe, it's as good a theory as it is to believe in all that by itself anyway

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
    #2750473 - 05/31/04 05:56 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

SANTA CRUZ, Calif. (Wireless Flash) -- Chew on this: An ethnobotanist in Santa Cruz, California, thinks Jesus was munching magic mushrooms at the Last Supper.
Clark Heinrich says man has enjoyed the psychedelic effects of mushrooms since thousands of years before Christ -- and figured the King of Kings probably turned on as well.

In fact, he thinks Jesus was high on a psychedelic 'shroom known as "fly agaric" which was hailed for its taste as well as its trips.

Heinrich says the mushroom resembles pita bread and when soaked with water it feels exactly like human skin. He figures that's the bread that Jesus was referring to at the last supper when he said "eat this bread, this is my body."

But that's not the only way Jesus might have doled out psychedelics. Heinrich says people who eat lots of shrooms have a reddish-orange urine that's even more hallucinogenic -- and figures the almighty turned water into wine by whizzing into a five-gallon jug of H20.

Heinrich is the author of a new book, "Magic Mushrooms In Religion And Alchemy" (Park Street Press).

Offlineshroominsmurf
enthusiast
Loc: Where The Good Times Are
    #2759534 - 06/03/04 02:46 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

thats awesome, im actually writing a research paper on that very theory for my college writing class :-)

Invisiblepsyphon
mneumatic device

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Maybe jesus uses the shroomery too... [Re: shroominsmurf]
    #2761138 - 06/03/04 04:56 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

that's awesome!  if you ever feel like posting the paper, I'm sure lots of people would be interested in it.

:thumbup:

--------------------
"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes."
- Marcel Proust

I wish you all ceaselessly flowing moments of happiness.

Offlineshroominsmurf
enthusiast
Loc: Where The Good Times Are
    #2761395 - 06/03/04 08:37 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

i was thinkin bout it, most of the paper is on how psychedelics affect the brain, and then i go on to talk about ancient religions and how they through history have all used entheogens in some shape or form, i cross reference the bible and a few other religious writings, its pretty kewl i guess. but it needs a lot of work i been overwhelmed with other projects for other classes and this is due the latest so, i haven't been workin on it as much, but if i am proud of it when im done i'll post it, its about 16 pages as of now...anyways im gonna stop rambleing, peace

Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #2761722 - 06/03/04 10:02 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Invisibledaussaulit
Forgetful

Loc: Earth
    #2764842 - 06/04/04 10:42 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

A few years ago I read an article baiscally covering the same thing on how jesus ate fly agaric and turned water into wine by peeing into it. I don't know much about Judiasm, but an argument I read was it kosher or something to eat mushrooms. If that water into wine thing was true, I would definitely believe the fly agaric story.

Offlinethe man
still masked
Other User Gallery

Loc: C A N A D A
Re: Maybe jesus uses the shroomery too... [Re: daussaulit]
    #2765212 - 06/05/04 01:02 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

must have been a convincing guy to get people to drink his piss. and last tiem i checked amantia dotn grow in jeruselum to hot and dry is it not??

peace

--------------------
And Moses Said "Let my mushrooms grow!"

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Maybe jesus uses the shroomery too... [Re: the man]
    #2765291 - 06/05/04 01:31 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

well he was jesus  :smirk: ..maybe he had some connections

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
    #2773909 - 06/08/04 04:07 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Way to speak up.

Things often sound silly due to ignorance. And things often sound ignorant to the silly.

I'm still trying to sort the difference out.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

OfflineJiggly
still learnin'
    #2779017 - 06/09/04 07:16 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

i was just thinking about religion and shrooms and that would REALLY explain all the hindu gods, elephants, people with 6 arms... some one had to be on shrooms to think that of a god(s) that is so much different from most any other religion (no offense to any hindu's)

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #2779999 - 06/10/04 12:58 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Jiggly said:
i was just thinking about religion and shrooms and that would REALLY explain all the hindu gods, elephants, people with 6 arms... some one had to be on shrooms to think that of a god(s) that is so much different from most any other religion (no offense to any hindu's)

You know, many of my trips have a definate Hindu theme. I've always considered that if a "collective consciousness" exists, the reason why I always see Hindu visuals and the like is because in India, cows are revered, and magic mushrooms grow from cow shit...

Makes sense that perhaps the mushrooms that grow from the cow shit are treated with the same sort of respect and adoration as the cows are...if you know what I mean.

The connection is there, I think.

*me*

Offlinedoormouse
Experienced, notold, ok?
Re: Maybe jesus uses the shroomery too... [Re: MOTH]
    #2780163 - 06/10/04 03:00 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Many years ago standing on a spiral staircase in my apt in New Orleans, while tripping on some good "usher" acid from some rainbow folks in town for mardi gras, the room turned upside down in my mind. I was leaving the apt and on the second-story landing above the staircase when my perception shifted to me being below the staircase and looking up. The stairs turned into a spiral of clouds with a blazing blue hollow center. From behind these cloud steps, many blue skinned painted and jeweled Krishnas poked their smiling heads out and then hide again. After about ten minutes of this I remembered I had my wife waiting across town and headed south toward the magical streetcars.

The mayans and aztecs practiced mushroom piss distribution from what I've read. Preists and royals would eat shrooms, kill lots of folks for the sun god (great way to pass the time, I guess) and in the temple they would rest on benches carved in such a way that their piss would drain through gutters into a container on the floor. The king would cut or impale his penis and dribble his holy blood around the place, queens would cut their tongues and spit blood. KInda like a tripping stone age lolapolooza kiss show, only with hundreds of folks standing in line to have their hearts ripped out.
Jesus might have ate shrooms, might not have. Moses did for shure. How else can one explain tripping around in the wilderness for forty years chasing a talking burning cloud? Picture the exodus, crossing the red sea and encountering mushroom fields. Whist tripping, Moses says " Ya'll wait here , I'm gonna go talk with God for a spell.". Takes some manna with him,of course, and it takes him 40 days to climb and decend the mountian while talking to a burning bush.Gets to the bottom, after having hauled Gods ten commands down to the people, and the people forgot his ass, gods ass, and decided the manna from the cow shit made the cows godlike. Moses is so pissed he smashes the tablets in a tissy. He is also so stoned that he can't remember what the f was written on them, so he gets more manna and starts his trek back up the mountian. Thankfully the bush was still a burnin, and seemed not to mind having to repeat itself.
Then again, maybe I'm just weird.

--------------------
Down, down..... Alice tumbled through the rabbit hole, which is like a cave on it's side, only to find firm footing with which to make a stand.

OfflineJiggly
still learnin'
Re: Maybe jesus uses the shroomery too... [Re: doormouse]
    #2784995 - 06/11/04 01:24 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

doormouse said:
Preists and royals would eat shrooms, kill lots of folks for the sun god (great way to pass the time, I guess)

thats how i spend my weekends, its actually pretty fun
Quote:

doormouse said:The king would cut or impale his penis and dribble his holy blood around the place

what idiot would want to be king under those circumstances?

--------------------

Invisibledaussaulit
Forgetful

Loc: Earth
Re: Maybe jesus uses the shroomery too... [Re: daussaulit]
    #2792694 - 06/14/04 02:45 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Ok, nevermind, I just asked this jewish guy, mushrooms are kosher to eat.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder