Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleYidakiMan
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Clonazapam
    #2762754 - 06/04/04 09:42 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Can anyone give me a crash course on clonazapam? What it is, what it does, etc?

I've always been an anxious person all my life, I am quiet and have a hard time with relaxation. It takes me a long time to fall asleep and I always wake up tired no matter how much sleep I get. Because I am tired my day is unproductive. When I was 18, I took Paxil for social anxiety disorder for two months before it made me suicidal. That was three years ago.

I've been taking my roommates clonazapams .5mg every once and a while before bed, and I noticed that I fall asleep quicker and get a more restful night sleep. I wake up happy and am generally more social for one to two days after taking it.

Im really not a big fan of prescription drugs, especially drugs that work primarily on the brain and cause dependence. So my question really is, are there some changes in lifesytyle I could be making to get better more restful sleep or is there a natural medicine that mimics the effects of clonazapam.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous #1

Re: Clonazapam [Re: YidakiMan]
    #2763109 - 06/04/04 11:51 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Trazodone is better in my optinion, for insomnia because its a fast acting antidepressant with an enormous amount of drowsiness that occurs when it comes on.  Not addictive, and doesnt fuck with memory like Klono can.  Skip the klonopins and try Trazodone, I've been prescribed a benzo and Trazodone before, stick to Trazodone.

Edited by shaos (04/11/11 11:03 PM)

OfflineRedo
CTA

Re: Clonazapam [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #2764527 - 06/04/04 08:53 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Trazodone is great, but some people cant handle it.

BTW all these medications work on your brain.

Goto GNC or Walgreens and get some melatonin, youll be happy you did.

OfflineKremlin
life in E minor
Male User Gallery

Loc: /export/home/Kremlin
    #2765061 - 06/04/04 11:55 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

clonazepam is a benzodiazapine.

basically it is an "allosteric agonist" of the GABA-A subtype receptor, meaning that it makes it work better than normal, if it wasnt present.

I took it every night for about 1.5 years, and i never got addicted, probably because of hte low dose.  It definately reduces anxiety ( being an anti-anxiolytic drug ), but you have to be careful because of its addiction potential.

discuss it with your psychiatrist if you are considering it.

& good luck :smile:

--Krem

--------------------
"Human suffering has been caused because all too many of us cannot grasp that words are only tools for our use, and that the mere presence of a word in the dictionary does not mean it necessarily refers to something definitive in the real world"
--Richard Dawkins, "The Selfish Gene"

"It is the mind which creates the world about us, and even though we stand side by side in the same meadow, my eyes will never see what is beheld by yours."
-George Gissing

"Without a firm idea of himself and the purpose of his life, man cannot live, and would sooner destroy himself than remain on earth, even if he was surrounded by bread."
--Fyodor Dostoevsky

OfflineRedo
CTA

Re: Clonazapam [Re: Kremlin]
    #2765172 - 06/05/04 12:46 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

It dosent make it work better =b, it modifies how it works. For some people that is better for some its devistating.

OfflineKremlin
life in E minor
Male User Gallery

Re: Clonazapam [Re: Redo]
    #2765648 - 06/05/04 07:08 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

it modifies how it works yes, making the receptor react more strongly than it would if the allosterig agonist wasnt present.. ie making it work better :smile:

--------------------
"Human suffering has been caused because all too many of us cannot grasp that words are only tools for our use, and that the mere presence of a word in the dictionary does not mean it necessarily refers to something definitive in the real world"

"It is the mind which creates the world about us, and even though we stand side by side in the same meadow, my eyes will never see what is beheld by yours."
-George Gissing

"Without a firm idea of himself and the purpose of his life, man cannot live, and would sooner destroy himself than remain on earth, even if he was surrounded by bread."
--Fyodor Dostoevsky

OfflineRedo
CTA

#2765711 - 06/05/04 08:17 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Well =b, what says its not better the way it was made =b. Im sure we evolved our receptors as best as we could :smile:. Its just making it more sensitive to neurons, maybe some of us are better off with less sensitive gaba receptors.

Offlinen0xious
SPUN
Male User Gallery

Loc: London
    #2782557 - 06/10/04 04:24 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

heh i say this as a benzo fiend, dont get into them, the withdrawal symptoms are not good to say the least.

describe your symptoms to your dr and theyll prescribe you some, however they wont let you take them long term.

--------------------
Its only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything.

You got the gun, I got a plant. Who's the criminal?

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
Re: Clonazapam [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #2784608 - 06/11/04 11:13 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Trazadone tolerance is a bitch. Not only that but when you wake up after sleeping on it you always look strung out.

OfflineRedo
CTA

Re: Clonazapam [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #2785455 - 06/11/04 03:10 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Pot is the best for any problem, ever.

OfflineSigno
manamana
 User Gallery

Loc: Purple Haze
    #2785662 - 06/11/04 04:02 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I have been prescribed both of these in the past. I have found that Klonopin (clonazapam) is an excellent anti-anxiety medicine (however as some have noted, it has potential for addiction).

Trazadone on the other hand is an excellent medicine for those having trouble sleeping. When I first starting taking these I had been having pretty bad sleep disturbances. Within a half hour of taking the medicine, I was always out sawing logs.

Good luck with your ailments, sleep well friend.

--------------------

Correlation is not causation!

Offlinesykobish
ProfessionalPsycho - JTOKREW
 User Gallery

Loc: Toronto, eh?
    #2792785 - 06/14/04 03:23 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I've personally have a bad experience with Klonos. I wouldn't recommend taking them, but that is my own fearful and biased opinion..

Have you thought about taking some melatonin to help you sleep? It's something your body produces anyways.. but when it's depleted, you have a hard time sleeping because it's what makes your body 'tired'. You can buy it in the states off the shelves.

It's banned in Canada.. for reasons beyond me.

--------------------
I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One.
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
To love is to admire with the heart; to admire is to love with the mind. - Th?ophile Gautier.
Seek not every quality in one individual - Confucius.
Global Living Space

OfflineNorthernsoul
Your Reality

Loc: Inner Eye
    #2809222 - 06/19/04 05:04 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Dont take tranquilizors , they are addictive and once you go down that road, its hard to go back.

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------

When it comes
I'll know, I know
Just take my clothes and leave
And I'll be gone

OfflineKremlin
life in E minor
Male User Gallery

Re: Clonazapam [Re: sykobish]
    #2822974 - 06/24/04 01:54 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

its probably banned becuase there is no regulation whatsoever on supplemental drugs.

its a horrible curse of the US, these things are everywhere and people take them because of assumptions as to their functions or b/c of what the labels say, which arent FDA approved.

The body naturally has many things.  We all have prions..does that mean we should go eat brains of other creatures?

not raggin on you syko, just sayin :smile:

--Krem

--------------------

-George Gissing

--Fyodor Dostoevsky

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #2822997 - 06/24/04 02:05 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

so you're saying melatonin is bad?

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

OfflineKremlin
life in E minor
Male User Gallery

Re: Clonazapam [Re: Locus]
    #2824476 - 06/24/04 02:22 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

im not saying melatonin is bad, im simply stating an important thought-process that is normally left out when it comes to non-FDA approved supplements.

Many people believe wholeheartedly what the bottles say, but they dont have to be telling you anything remotely true, because there is no check & balance system for those supplements.

I know that melatonin plays a role in circadian rythms and hibernation in other species, but id be wary as to the fact that its what makes you 'tired'. Sleep is an anomaly still, we dont know why QS or REM is needed, we just know that it is needed, and if you dont get it, your body will force it upon you.

Theories that ive heard as to why we become tired are more along the lines that the brain needs time to cool down (QS accomplishes this, but its a shaky theory), or we have to sort & store/purge information from the day, or the fact that after a whole day it just needs time to rest (once again, shaky since REM is anything but rest).

The body is a complex system, and we do not know enough about its functioning to say that more of chemical A is good for you. Another common-man problem is the thought that if chemical A does good things for me, than more of chemical A must REALLY be good. Ignorant.

Just be careful

--------------------

-George Gissing

--Fyodor Dostoevsky

Edited by Kremlin (06/24/04 02:24 PM)

OfflineRedo
CTA

#2826023 - 06/24/04 10:37 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Melatonin is naturally occuring, not some random chemical.

OfflineKremlin
life in E minor
Male User Gallery

#2826442 - 06/25/04 12:13 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

i know melatonin is naturally occuring, im a neuro major, ive studied it.

Thats not the point of what im sayin...

that was more of a side-rant started by what syko said that delved into the american mindset with drugs.

--------------------

-George Gissing

--Fyodor Dostoevsky

OfflineRedo
CTA

#2826474 - 06/25/04 12:21 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Yes I see, =b. :laugh: the brain is the second most interesting thing, first comes astrophysics :smile:.

OfflineKremlin
life in E minor
Male User Gallery

#2826503 - 06/25/04 12:28 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

=]

--------------------

-George Gissing

--Fyodor Dostoevsky

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale