Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

how well would this work?
    #2762594 - 06/04/04 08:20 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

if i took a quart of spawn and mixed it with a quart of wet verm, no casing and no incubating?  just straight to the fruiting chamber.

would it still be safe to mist good daily without a casing?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMezzano
Stranger
Re: how well would this work? [Re: ]
    #2762597 - 06/04/04 08:23 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

you must incubate it, i dont know why you would be asking the question in the first place, your highly open to contamination if you dont... it's just best to take the xtra time and effort, in the end you will have greater results...

Anonymous

Re: how well would this work? [Re: Mezzano]
    #2762644 - 06/04/04 08:45 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

i aint worried about contams, just misting without priorly incubating and no casing layer.  i thought i have read of people putting a grow straight to the fruiting chamber, no incubating, BUT they had a casing layer. and had just fine results, just as good as those who patch.  but wasnt sure if i remember correctly :confused:  if this is true, then i see no problem with not incubating and having no casing layer, besides contams, which i am not even concerned about.

Offlinemockeylock
head
 User Gallery

#2762782 - 06/04/04 10:01 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Are you just trying to save the time it takes for the mycelium to push through the casing layer? And if it's time you're trying to save then incubation would help with that, obviously. So I guess I'm just asking what it is you are trying to accomplish?

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: how well would this work? [Re: mockeylock]
    #2762914 - 06/04/04 10:45 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

dont want to go into detail of why i am doing this fuckery....but i dont have an incubator here where i am at or anymore coir, so i just went straight to fruiting after birthing. shoulda just used verm, and incubated at room temp....i know.

it is only like 73-76 where im fruiting, so that would be the incubating temp. can i just put it in the dark for a week and it will be ok?  i already exposed it to light for 2 days and been fanning....any problems here if i just put it in the dark at room temp(73-76)

if not i will just let it go and get what i get, and post pics of what happens  :smirk:  i know this was stupid, or i wouldnt have even asked about it. just seeing if it was possible to do this way, i mean if not, i can just scrap it and do another jar, i have 8 more incubating at a friends house(thats why i have no incubator/heater here)

InvisibleStarter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
    #2763006 - 06/04/04 11:17 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

>>>if i took a quart of spawn and mixed it with a quart of wet verm, no casing and no incubating?

If you mix the spawn and the moist verm together and incubate it, it will "mend". Pic from 1lt jar (approx quart size), being 250 grams colonised millet mixed to moist verm in a foil lined ice-cream container.

24hrs later...

I'd case it...

--------------------
Convert Metric and Imperial.

Anonymous

Re: how well would this work? [Re: Starter]
    #2763193 - 06/04/04 12:14 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

arite, well i will just try my luck at letting it colonize in the dark, despite the exposure to light, if it pins, it pins, 2nd flush always kicks ass after a dunk anyways.

thank you all

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies