Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleredrocket
Stranger
Male User Gallery

28 days and still no pins
    #27627476 - 01/21/22 05:41 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

I have 24 cakes here and not a sign of any pinning after 28 days. I used a small glass jar with sterilized water, then added an agar plate that i cut in small pieces and shook it real good, then injected the cakes.
After the jars were fully colonized i waited another week before i birthed them, then dunked them for 24 hour and rolled them. No sign of contamination and no strange smell. They are cubensis orissa India.
The temperature in the house is around 68F or 20C, close to a window but no direct sunlight. I spray them good once a day and no fanning. I read in the water tub tek that fanning is not necessary.
Why is noting happening? Should i dunk them again for 24 hours? Please help this newbie out.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBaba Yaga
Fomo Kills The Cat

Loc: Try 'n' Error Boot Camp
Trusted Cultivator
Re: 28 days and still no pins [Re: redrocket]
    #27627518 - 01/21/22 06:23 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

I am not familiar with the water tub TEK but the cake surfaces/vermiculite looks dry.

What does the TEK say about misting?

Invisibleredrocket
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: 28 days and still no pins [Re: Baba Yaga]
    #27627529 - 01/21/22 06:33 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

It says misting once every 24 or 48 hours. I wanted to post this in the water tub thread but it doesn't seem to be very active anymore.

InvisibleMushroomguy420
Mushroom Aviator
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Hiding in your spores
    #27627548 - 01/21/22 06:54 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

28 day seems like an awfully long time. Mine consolidated for 2 weeks before I birthed them. Any lighting to promote pinning/growth and a little evaporation? Mine pinned with minimal lighting on first flush but I recently added some yesterday and I came home to a bunch of pins on multiple cakes.

I recently stopped fanning just mist according to surface conditions it seems just fine. My cakes are looking pretty worn out though after 1 flush so clearly I still have some things to learn. I think they've exerted a lot of energy :grin:

Apparently fanning is outdated info.

I think if they were dry they would have some blue/yellow bruising on them. But the surface of the cakes definitely shouldn't appear visibly dry.

Bodhisatta said
Quote:

you never need to fan
fanning is pointless. your chamber either gets FAE or it's built poorly.
most well designed tubs get passive FAE 24/7 by virtue of their design

if you have to fan your FC it's built wrong. if you have to fan you have to fan more than a few times an hour, because fanning is not a replacement for FAE until it's done several times an hour. fanning three times a day would be gas exchange, if you're tubs are only getting gas exchange you're going to have a bad time. tubs need FAE.

fanning something that gets FAE already is like trying to roll down a window on a motorcycle

Edited by Mushroomguy420 (01/21/22 07:04 PM)

Invisibleredrocket
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: 28 days and still no pins [Re: Mushroomguy420]
    #27627555 - 01/21/22 07:05 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

I don't use lamps, but they get plenty of light since i have a lot of huge windows in the room. But it's winter here so maybe 9 hours of sunlight.

InvisibleMushroomguy420
Mushroom Aviator

#27627563 - 01/21/22 07:10 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Winter here as well. I can't remember the last time it wasn't cloudy lol. I don't even bother opening the blinds.

I have some ultra bright ceiling lights I was using from lowes. 12 hours on 12 hours off.

I turn them on when I go to work, 8am-8pm. I don't think those were enough light either.

I only got the lamps yesterday with 5000k bulbs. I noticed much for surface evaporation. And more pins when I got home.

I've been digging around a lot on it and light is absolutely necessary to promote strong healthy growth. I'll be upgrading my lighting in the future more.

Edited by Mushroomguy420 (01/21/22 07:11 PM)

Invisibleredrocket
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#27627577 - 01/21/22 07:23 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Here in eastern europe it's freezing cold outside with a lot of snow, but quite a bit of sunny days too and i have huge windows from the floor to the ceiling. So i dont think using light bulbs will help unless 9 hours of light is not enough.
Should i put aluminium foil under the cakes? Right now they are sitting on plastic.

InvisibleMushroomguy420
Mushroom Aviator

#27627589 - 01/21/22 07:32 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Honestly I have no clue. Foil is Manufactured and pretty clean surface, you definitely don't want your cakes sitting in a puddle of water though... gross.

General Recommended lighting for growing mushrooms is a 12/12 Daylight cycle in the 6500k spectrum a good chunk of lumens too. Blue lights have been shown to be good as well.

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/4476476

Edited by Mushroomguy420 (01/21/22 07:34 PM)

InvisibleTheStallionMang
Do U know who yur fuckin with?
Male

Loc: Flag
    #27627612 - 01/21/22 07:55 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

I believe it's too dry in your tub
Some wet perlite around 4-6 cm thick would really help to get the air moist.  The walls of your tub should look like a steam room constantly

I think if you keep the humidity up consistently you'll probably see pins soon but I don't think misting is gonna do it

Invisibleredrocket
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: 28 days and still no pins [Re: TheStallionMang]
    #27627632 - 01/21/22 08:20 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Well the inside of the walls do look like a steam room but that is probably because i spray the walls. Don't know if it's too dry since i have no equipment to measure it. Think i'm just gonna dunk them for 12 hours and maybe do a humidity chamber tek, i'm tired of waiting.

I'm starting to think i maybe did something wrong with the inoculation with the agar plate.

InvisibleMushroomguy420
Mushroom Aviator

#27627640 - 01/21/22 08:29 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Come to think of it I was in a similar situation. But my cakes were beginning to look visibly dry and showing blue bruising despite misting all dam day and no pins. Hell it might have actually took almost a month to pin by the time I moved them to the HC and waited.

Just do the Humidity Chamber with 3-4 inches of fully hydrated baked/sterile coir(You don't gotta sterilize it but I always will) and mist some if the surface looks dry.

That's how I saved my cakes from that dry ass SGFC.

Humidity Chamber Tek

My current setup. I'll be using monos for my bulk grow.

OfflineSpooff
Umm... What just happened?
 User Gallery

#27627644 - 01/21/22 08:34 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

TheStallionMang said:
I believe it's too dry in your tub
Some wet perlite around 4-6 cm thick would really help to get the air moist.  The walls of your tub should look like a steam room constantly

I think if you keep the humidity up consistently you'll probably see pins soon but I don't think misting is gonna do it

Are you suggesting he put perlite into a water tub?
How exactly would that work? That doesnt make sense to me.
Why would you put perlite into a water tub?

Quote:

redrocket said:
Well the inside of the walls do look like a steam room but that is probably because i spray the walls. Don't know if it's too dry since i have no equipment to measure it. Think i'm just gonna dunk them for 12 hours and maybe do a humidity chamber tek, i'm tired of waiting.

I'm starting to think i maybe did something wrong with the inoculation with the agar plate.

If I were you, I would try to be patient and figure it out before dunking them again.
I dont even know if that would work, but Im no TC.
I would just say try to fuck with how much airflow its getting by tweaking the lid.
Try to get it to the point where when you come back the next day, you still see micro-droplets on the surface.
Once you get it to maintain the droplets, Im sure youll see pins not long after.
I also dont think any of it is due to fucking up with the agar or inoculation.
You would know before birthing if that was the case I think.
But in the end, its your project. Do what you want to.
In this hobby, every mistake is a lesson.
Failures may not be successes, but they are always progress and progress is never a bad thing.

Quote:

Mushroomguy420 said:
Come to think of it I was in a similar situation. But my cakes were beginning to look visibly dry and showing blue bruising despite misting all dam day and no pins. Hell it might have actually took almost a month to pin by the time I moved them to the HC and waited.

Bruising can also be caused by over misting. Which sounds like it was the likely case in your situation.

--------------------

InvisibleTheStallionMang
Male

Re: 28 days and still no pins [Re: redrocket] * 1
    #27627656 - 01/21/22 08:52 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

redrocket said:
Well the inside of the walls do look like a steam room but that is probably because i spray the walls.

If you didn't spray the walls they'd be totally dry, right?
You don't have any water in there besides what you spray right? 

Quote:

redrocket said: Don't know if it's too dry since i have no equipment to measure it.

You asked for help, I'm telling ya, it's too dry and I can tell from half the world away

Quote:

redrocket said:Think i'm just gonna dunk them for 12 hours and maybe do a humidity chamber tek, i'm tired of waiting.

Cubes don't really like to be fucked with.  Get your humidity up and chill out... or be impatient and fuck it up, it's up to you

Quote:

redrocket said:I'm starting to think i maybe did something wrong with the inoculation with the agar plate.

Your method of getting spores into your cakes was interesting and a little different but your cakes look great! Don't second guess yourself there

InvisibleMushroomguy420
Mushroom Aviator

#27627660 - 01/21/22 08:58 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Wait what? There's no water in there? I thought that's what those plastic containers were sitting in.:confused:

Bro...

InvisibleTheStallionMang
Male

#27627669 - 01/21/22 09:07 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

I'm on a laptop and had to zoom in really far to see that there isn't water in there
It totally looked like it for a while
Too dry then right?

Just water won't evaporate very fast, but wet perlite helps give the water more surface area to evaporate from

Invisibleredrocket
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: 28 days and still no pins [Re: Spooff]
    #27627673 - 01/21/22 09:14 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks everybody for the tips. My plan is leave some cakes in the water tub and play with the air inflow and try to get more droplets.

Put some other cakes in a humidity chamber with cocos coir.

And break up a few cakes and try the shoebox tek.

Yesterday i inoculated 30 more jars so once i find the method that works best for me, then hopefully i will have some succes.

Man i miss mushroom trips so much, they are my favorite psychedelic but i haven't done it 12 years.
I used to live in a country where shrooms were legal so i would just buy them in the store or online, but when the shops stopped selling them, i switched to acid and cacti.

But for me shrooms are superiour to acid or mescaline.
Shrooms feels like comming home and pure enlightenment, with no bodyload whatsoever... while cacti gives me terrible bodyload...and acid gives me insomnia with a slight hangover and restless feeling the next day.
From now on just mushrooms for me...if i can get them to grow that is :rolleyes:

Invisibleredrocket
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#27627678 - 01/21/22 09:22 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Mushroomguy420 said:
Quote:

Wait what? There's no water in there? I thought that's what those plastic containers were sitting in.:confused:

Bro...

There is an inch of water in there lol. It's a water tub after all.

Invisibleredrocket
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#27627683 - 01/21/22 09:30 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

TheStallionMang said:
I'm on a laptop and had to zoom in really far to see that there isn't water in there
It totally looked like it for a while
Too dry then right?

Maybe it's not very clear in the picture, but there is plenty of water in there lol. About an inch

InvisibleTheStallionMang
Male

Re: 28 days and still no pins [Re: redrocket] * 1
    #27627700 - 01/21/22 09:56 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

I still think it's too dry.  Do your side walls look like a steam room before you spray? If not, it's too dry

And unless you've got a ton of resources, maybe experiment with a few less than 30 jars while you find what works for you.  Then ramp up once you've got your method down, unless the idea of possibly wasting a lot of material and time is ok with you

InvisibleTheStallionMang
Male

Re: 28 days and still no pins [Re: TheStallionMang] * 1
    #27627702 - 01/21/22 09:57 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

I forgot to mention, don't keep your lids turned to the side like that.  Let them sit on top in the proper position, it will still let air in but you'll keep your humidity inside!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom