Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegoldtoppa
Stranger
how long will it last?
    #2759712 - 06/03/04 04:43 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

hi there, im a new guy here, i did a ton of searches but found nothing on what i need to know i hope someone can help.
i made some mushroom tea with some gold tops.
quick ot question what are the shrooms that look just like the gold tops but have white gills and not the brown colour?

now back to topic, i made this tea we all had some great stuff, and we got some tea left over, how long can this tea last in a 1.25 liter coke bottle? and i have also noticed that for some reason all the air in the bottle gets sucked out, what ever is in the tea takes all the air out of the bottle and when you open the bottle you hear the gas release out ( like when you open a new bottle of drink it makes that shhh sound) is this normal good or bad?
if anyone can help me thanx heaps in advance.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTeKn0
†hè
Male User Gallery

Loc: ŵįţĥįń ? ?ŧąţĩ�...
Re: how long will it last? [Re: goldtoppa]
    #2759846 - 06/03/04 06:54 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

"quick ot question what are the shrooms that look just like the gold tops but have white gills and not the brown color?"

I dunno about anyone else, but the shrooms your describing don't sound active, and if they are white, they could possibly be a deadly gallerina species.

Be Careful.
"how long can this tea last in a 1.25 liter coke bottle?"

As for the tea in the bottle issue, I think the alkaloids would oxidize fairly quickly in the pop bottle, I doubt it would last very long, maybe a few days to a week at the most.

--------------------
Listen, or your tongue will keep you deaf. :wink:
ŦēҜй? - ??ĜįĈ?? ҒűČҝĮńĜ ?đVǻŃčЄмЄńŦ

OfflinepsilocyberV
old hand

Re: how long will it last? [Re: goldtoppa]
    #2762404 - 06/04/04 05:37 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

White gills or spores definitely rule out the mushroom being "active," unless it is an Amanita of some sort. Gallerina (the deadly look-alike) produces brown spore print samples, which makes it even more difficult for the novice to distinquish from other active Psilocybe mushrooms. As a rule, most psilocybes or panaolus mushrooms will have BLACK or VERY DARK PURPLE gills/spores. It's difficult to say what 'gold top' you are talking about with white gills unless you might be able to tell more about it's collection area.

Do not injest ANYTHING unless you are 100% sure of it's identification. The poison control number is in the front of your phonebook...

If the tea is kept cold it should be good for a week or two... I have a sneaking suspicion it won't last that long though :wink:.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: how long will it last? [Re: psilocyber]
    #2762528 - 06/04/04 07:46 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

> The poison control number is in the front of your phonebook...

With mushroom poisoning, by the time symptoms show, it is too late to do anything (other than die), typically...

> Do not injest ANYTHING unless you are 100% sure of it's identification.

In case you missed it the first time around, read the above again!  :smile:

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflinepsilocyberV
old hand

Re: how long will it last? [Re: Seuss]
    #2762573 - 06/04/04 08:10 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

With mushroom poisoning, by the time symptoms show, it is too late to do anything (other than die), typically...

You are very correct sir! There are some mildly toxic mushrooms that you can receive relief from, but the the problem is that most people are not able to usually communicate well the fact they have eaten unidentified mushrooms when they are finally in the hospital, so the docs really have no clue where to start.

This goes to prove how important it is to make sure you are certain about your identification. There are certain Inocybes that resemble Psilocybes, and have no toxic effect.... until you consume alcohol.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags