Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinesonoramo
Contaminant
Male User Gallery

Loc: California, baby!
How soon will it be before Oregonians can access legal therapeutic psilocybin?
    #27624406 - 01/19/22 10:00 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Original article at OregonLive

Updated: Jan. 19, 2022, 7:00 a.m. | Published: Jan. 19, 2022, 7:00 a.m.

The state still has a lot of work to do but it won’t be too long before Oregonians 21 and over will be able to do something almost no one else in the country can do -- take psychedelic mushrooms in a therapeutic setting.

Oregon is the first state in the nation to vote to legalize psilocybin, which researchers believe could help treat depression, PTSD and addiction. And with a year to go before the implementation deadline, the Oregon Health Authority is working to develop a system to administer the psychedelic in therapeutic settings in the state.

According to Measure 109, approved by Oregon voters in November of 2020, the state has until Dec. 31, 2022 to set up the framework that will regulate legal magic mushrooms.

Officials say they are on track to meet that deadline.

The development phase for Measure 109 officially began on Jan. 1, 2021. In March, the Oregon Psilocybin Services Advisory Board, appointed by Gov. Kate Brown, convened for the first time.

Then, in June, OHA brought on Angela Allbee to manage the newly-created Oregon Psilocybin Services Section.

“We are the very first state in the United States to set up a comprehensive regulatory framework for psilocybin services,” Allbee said over the phone Friday. “We’ve got a lot of work to do.”

To do that work, Allbee has been building her team and getting to work.

That team is creating a training program, licensing, and compliance tracking and case management system, establishing a product tracking system, said OHA spokesperson Jonathan Modie, in accordance with Measure 109, as well as developing policy and procedure for the license and compliance programs.

While Allbee acknowledges the state is creating a program from scratch, she said they aren’t without guides.

“Indigenous communities have practiced psilocybin use for centuries,” she said, and the substance is legal in different places around the world.

As it works to create rules, Allbee said, the advisory board has reviewed scientific literature and invited a number of guest speakers with a wide array of information and expertise. They have held listening sessions and currently have a survey open on the section’s website.

“Our board is advisory,” Allbee said, which means they will submit recommendations to OHA.

“We consider those recommendations and we draft rules,” she said.

As they draft those rules, Allbee said, “We’re really focused on the values of equitable access to services and safety.”

“Rulemaking Advisory Committees will be held in February 2022 to discuss draft rules for training programs and products/testing,” Modie said. “OHA plans to adopt rules by June 1, 2022, so the agency can begin accepting applications for training program curriculum approval.”

According to Allbee, the agency will begin the work to complete the remaining rules in September.

Final rules are expected to be adopted by Dec. 31, 2022 so the psilocybin section can start to accept applications for four types of licenses on Jan. 2, 2023 -- licenses for facilitators, manufacturers, testing labs and service centers.

When psilocybin services will be available for Oregonians is less set in stone.

Licensees can begin their work once applications are approved, Modie said.

“This includes licensed manufacturers cultivating psilocybin and producing psilocybin products,” he said, “licensed testing labs testing the psilocybin products, licensed manufacturers selling tested products to licensed service centers, and licensed service centers opening their doors for psilocybin services in collaboration with licensed facilitators who will work with clients.”

That process, he said, could take some time. Since the requirements aren’t final known yet, it is hard to estimate when that might be.

For now, people interested in following the progress of Oregon’s first-in-the-nation effort can sign up for email updates.

-- Lizzy Acker

503-221-8052, lacker@oregonian.com, @lizzzyacker

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleQM33
(NOT A PUPPET!) ❤❤❤❤❤
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: How soon will it be before Oregonians can access legal therapeutic psilocybin? [Re: sonoramo]
    #27624452 - 01/19/22 11:00 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------
OmManiPadmeHum,OmManiPadmeHum, OmManiPadMeHum...
There are known knowns, there are known unknowns,
          there are also unknown unknowns.
With great privilege comes great responsibility.

Quantom Qups PROOF AND Soft Drops
Turn your Swab to a Syringe and Syringe to Multiple Syringes!
No Pours (QuantomStyal)
Magic Fruit Leather
DMT for IandI

OfflineWhoManBeing
PsychedelicYogi
Male User Gallery

Re: How soon will it be before Oregonians can access legal therapeutic psilocybin? [Re: sonoramo]
    #27624562 - 01/19/22 12:29 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

sonoramo said:

Original article at OregonLive

Updated: Jan. 19, 2022, 7:00 a.m. | Published: Jan. 19, 2022, 7:00 a.m.

The state still has a lot of work to do but it won’t be too long before Oregonians 21 and over will be able to do something almost no one else in the country can do -- take psychedelic mushrooms in a therapeutic setting.

At home in comfort of own home isn't a therapeutic setting?

Who wrote this?

--------------------
Hip, hip... WhoRAy!!!

Eye was thinking the other day...  ahh, thinking never done me no good.

Offlinesonoramo
Contaminant
Male User Gallery

Loc: California, baby! Flag
Re: How soon will it be before Oregonians can access legal therapeutic psilocybin? [Re: WhoManBeing]
    #27624768 - 01/19/22 03:44 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

WhoManBeing said:
At home in comfort of own home isn't a therapeutic setting?

Who wrote this?

Agreed. I didn't see anything in the article contradicting the idea that "at home in comfort of own home" is a good therapeutic setting. Measure 109 was authored by therapists so they wrote it from the perspective of what a therapist would think is safe and beneficial. The commission will come up with its own recommendations, based on whatever their experience is.

Invisibledurian_2008
Cornucopian Eating an Elephant
 User Gallery

Loc: Raccoon City
    #27624974 - 01/19/22 06:58 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

I think, I just saw someone with bad tremors, barely able to speak, get kicked off my Facebook gardening group. I wanted to invite him here. He was able to play a flute, after a sub-threshold dose.

OfflineThatsMyCologist
Alchemist

Re: How soon will it be before Oregonians can access legal therapeutic psilocybin? [Re: durian_2008]
    #27630263 - 01/23/22 10:49 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

https://www.oregon.gov/oha/PH/PREVENTIONWELLNESS/Pages/Psilocybin-Community-Interest-Survey.aspx?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery

^^ The Oregon Psilocybin Community Interest Survey ^^
Show your internet and spread it around the community! It closes February 6th

MUSH LOVE

--------------------
Together we can save the world 🍄❤️🌎

OfflineCacogen
Stranger
    #27638014 - 01/29/22 09:50 PM (2 years, 1 month ago)

I'm sure many Oregon residents here will be curious about obtaining a manufacturer license and cultivation endorsement.

Unsurprisingly, one will not be able to cultivate at a residence. And I'm concerned that landlords and co-working companies renting light-industrial/warehouse facilities will not be interested in allowing their premises to be used for this activity.

So it seems to me that cultivation operations owners are going to be few and sufficiently well-capitalized to be able to own their own cultivation properties. Which, especially in the Portland, will be prohibitively expensive for most.

Contrary to the general orientation of the authors of Measure 109, I don't see much prospect for an "inclusive" sort of cottage industry, at least when it comes to cultivation.

Edited by Cacogen (01/29/22 09:52 PM)

Offlinesonoramo
Contaminant
Male User Gallery

Loc: California, baby!
Re: How soon will it be before Oregonians can access legal therapeutic psilocybin? [Re: Cacogen]
    #27638836 - 01/30/22 05:40 PM (2 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Cacogen said:
...Unsurprisingly, one will not be able to cultivate at a residence. ...

I think I missed that part, and I don't see it in the posted article. Do you have a link to information on where a manufacturing licensee will be able to grow and process mushrooms?

I think testing has potential to be the high-capital-required license. The test lab would probably be required to maintain some kind of calibration standard, possibly even NIST-tracability. That could be a boon for the HPLC/GC/HPTLC equipment manufacturers, even the oness not in-state. Which is all of them, I think.

OfflineCacogen
Stranger

#27644517 - 02/03/22 08:04 PM (2 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

sonoramo said:
Quote:

Cacogen said:
...Unsurprisingly, one will not be able to cultivate at a residence. ...

I think I missed that part, and I don't see it in the posted article. Do you have a link to information on where a manufacturing licensee will be able to grow and process mushrooms?

I think testing has potential to be the high-capital-required license. The test lab would probably be required to maintain some kind of calibration standard, possibly even NIST-tracability. That could be a boon for the HPLC/GC/HPTLC equipment manufacturers, even the oness not in-state. Which is all of them, I think.

Yeah, no doubt that will cost.

The prohibition against manufacturing at one's residence is stated in the Oregon Health Authority, Psilocybin Services Act community interest survey:

https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=6GOOZTmNnEmPSBOtyUUvTO6_qJ-vFuJItHEmnYdjMLVUOUUxMjkwRERMWFlYWjI2RERLS0JFSFA4RyQlQCN0PWcu&lang=en-US

InvisibleQM33
(NOT A PUPPET!) ❤❤❤❤❤
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: How soon will it be before Oregonians can access legal therapeutic psilocybin? [Re: Cacogen]
    #27644996 - 02/04/22 06:10 AM (2 years, 1 month ago)

It's not stated, it was asked.

Which is still very unclear. Yes it asks if you will be using a non residential residents and if you say no it ends the survey.

But there are many more factors still, like approval from the city,county and property owner.

For anyone interested you can read ballot 109 through this link as a PDF

https://ballotpedia.org/Oregon_Measure_109,_Psilocybin_Mushroom_Services_Program_Initiative_(2020)

--------------------
OmManiPadmeHum,OmManiPadmeHum, OmManiPadMeHum...
There are known knowns, there are known unknowns,
          there are also unknown unknowns.
With great privilege comes great responsibility.

Quantom Qups PROOF AND Soft Drops
Turn your Swab to a Syringe and Syringe to Multiple Syringes!
No Pours (QuantomStyal)
Magic Fruit Leather
DMT for IandI

OfflineCacogen
Stranger

Re: How soon will it be before Oregonians can access legal therapeutic psilocybin? [Re: QM33]
    #27646500 - 02/05/22 02:35 AM (2 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

QM33 said:
It's not stated, it was asked.

Which is still very unclear ...

This is the exact, unambiguous language in question 8 that precedes the question:

"Measure 109 prohibits the manufacture of psilocybin on residential properties. ..."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate