Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinestara
addict

sterilized poo
    #2762397 - 06/04/04 05:27 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I sterilized the mixture of straw+poo+verm and spawned it with millet with a ratio 1:10.After one week I realized that the top of the bulk is a little bit contamed with soft white.(After a while it turns to green mold normally.)but I think myce colonizes the bulk and then even the contamed part so it wins the fight and you get a fully colonized bulk substrate.)I think that's why pasteurization is better with bulk substrates but :if your myce is enough fast and strong(depends on the ratio,too.), sterilization also works.What do you think guys? :smirk:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
Re: sterilized poo [Re: stara]
    #2762401 - 06/04/04 05:33 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

pasturization is the best for poo, it allows beneficial bacterias and spores to live and fight off contaminants while the mushroom mycelium colonizes the poo..

sterilization kills all...

Offlinestara
addict

Re: sterilized poo [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #2762427 - 06/04/04 06:07 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Lol!I know this one after one hundred and one hundred and one hundred........thanks though dear Prisoner! :tongue:
btw I'm still looking for different meanings in this sentence :rolleyes:

Offlinestara
addict

#2762431 - 06/04/04 06:15 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Actually my question is that way:does myce eat also molds when colnizes the half contamed nutrient?

OfflineIfIWereARichMan
journeyman
    #2762670 - 06/04/04 09:00 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

If thats the case then why would we be worried about keeping things sterile? Even if the mycelium "overtakes" the mold, you can still get sick from eating shrooms that came from that bed.I would suggest trying to cut out the moldy part and bleaching the edges from where you cut out.

Offlinestara
addict

Re: sterilized poo [Re: IfIWereARichMan]
    #2765460 - 06/05/04 03:34 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Mushrooms come from mycelium and not from mold.But please someone who knows it in detail answer this thread to clear things and avoid misinfo..! :rolleyes:btw I get 7 flushes from these substrates and I don't think they're moldy after myce had colonized it,anyway...

InvisibleMykey
spectraltraveler

#2765490 - 06/05/04 04:02 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Mushroom fruits draw water and nutrients from the substrate via the myc network. This being said,anything in the substrate is subject to this "uptake",including mold,bacteria,and chemicals. It is true that myc can and will,in some cases,overtake and basically kill contamination that it is in direct competition with for nutrients. The problem is that the mold and bacteria's toxic byproducts may remain within the substrait and subsequently be drawn into the fruits. That leaves us next in line on the food chain. Most types of mold are only a problem for those who are allergic to them. There are a few,however,which are quite deadly to all who have the misfortune of getting enough exposure to them. That is not a chance I am willing to take,nor would I put anyone else at risk either. My wife ,for instance,is very allergic to just about every mold in the book and it would be bad news indeed for her to consume shrooms grown on moldy substrate. (poor girl)

Well,I hope this is the info you are looking for stara,though I doubt it is exactly what you wanted to here.

In the future I urge you to consider pasteurization for your poo/straw ,and leave sterilization for grains. The beneficial microbes that are left alive after pasteurization WILL kill any unwanted invaders long before they mass to a level that is detectable,or harmfull. Pasteurization is also really easy to do too!

Best of Luck to ya stara,
MYKEY

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
    #2765505 - 06/05/04 04:13 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

stara said:
Mushrooms come from mycelium and not from mold.But please someone who knows it in detail answer this thread to clear things and avoid misinfo..!

What was meant to be said is that because the mycelium has overtaken the mold, it does not mean it is no longer there (and the possible toxins it may have produced). The mold can still be living somewhere in the casing, and because the mycelium colonized over it, does not mean the least bit it is safe. In all likelyhood, the resulting mushrooms will be fine, I guess you will find out one way or another if they are good  :rolleyes:

Some molds can make you very sick, some produce potent toxins, and there is also the possibility of an allergic reaction. IMO, your taking a gamble...

Quote:

btw I get 7 flushes from these substrates and I don't think they're moldy after myce had colonized it,anyway...

I have also seen mycelium overtake mold and come out fine. Sounds like your having good results, so whats the problem again? Oh, I think I found your question:

Quote:

Actually my question is that way:does myce eat also molds when colnizes the half contamed nutrient?

I think that depends on the type of mold. I have personally witnessed mycelium overtaking a cobweb-like mold, then there are molds that eat mycelium. So the answer would be yes and no...

--------------------
To give is to live...

Offlinestara
addict

Re: sterilized poo [Re: ATWAR]
    #2765513 - 06/05/04 04:28 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for feedback!:thumbup:
I had never problems with it but I was curious about the scientific explanation why it happens and what can happen .

Offlinestara
addict

Re: sterilized poo [Re: Mykey]
    #2765516 - 06/05/04 04:33 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Oh and Thanks Mykey :wink: :blush:

Offlinebillbraski
just some dood.

Loc: the woods behind your hou...
    #2765750 - 06/05/04 08:51 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

The only contamination I have seen mycelium run through is Bacillus(wet spot).

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags