Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 489 | 490 | 491 | 492 | 493 | 494 | 495 | 496 | 497 | 498 | 499 | 500 | 501 | 502 | 503 | 504 | 505 | 506 | 507 | 508 | 509 | Next > | Last >
InvisibleElf_on_a_Log
Elf

Loc: On a log
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: hamloaf]
    #27624102 - 01/19/22 01:20 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Moopers said:
How long can they be in the fridge before I really ought to dry them?

How thick a casing should I use, and what sort are people using now? Stonesun says 50/50 , 1/4". That's my plan unless it's wise to add sand.

Planning to use a JCM chamber to fruit. Any suggestions on temperature and fan timing?

I've never kept them in the fridge but I remember reading someone say they kept them in there for 6 months, so at least that long.

The casing should be as thin as possible and kept wet.  Sand helps with keeping it wet while still keeping it thin.

Quote:

FrankHorrigan said:
Temps under 75F encourage stone growth, not fruits.

Quote:

hamloaf said:
For fruit-body formation they like it warm.  Up into the low to mid eighties even.  Stone production is encouraged when temps drop below 73-74F.

--------------------
"I was strolling through the woods one day when I came upon an elf sitting on a log.  He offered me a strange-looking mushroom to eat.  As soon as I ate it, I realized that I was the elf on the log and that my human life had been but a dream."
- Elf_on_a_Log

LAGM 2.022 Grow Log

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMelgo
Semperviva Fanatic
Male User Gallery

Loc: Western Europe
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Elf_on_a_Log]
    #27624120 - 01/19/22 02:20 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

jomanda! Very cool trip report, and beautiful photos too :sunny:

InvisibleWall.E
Bacteria's Bitch
Male

Loc: Fungal Void
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: jomanda1990]
    #27624178 - 01/19/22 05:33 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

jomanda1990 said:
Quote:

jomanda1990 said:
Gonna eat these and go hike on a nearby hill
Wish me luck, i've never tried tamps before

edit: holy cow these things were really potent. All went well nonetheless. I will write a report later tomorrow or the day after cause I have a lot of stuff to do.

Okay here is the trip report from these 2g of dry Galindoi fruits.

My wife and I took my three sisters-in-law to climb and hike on a nearby hill right outside the city. None of them took any mushrooms this time, only me.

I ate the fruits before beginning the ascent, which takes roughly 45 minutes. The top of this particular hill is like a very vast rocky plains with a great view of the surrounding farms and flatlands, as well as other hills in the distance.

The 'top' of the hill is a vast plains like  this:

Once we were on top of the hill, we just kept walking for about another hour or so until we reached a good spot with a nice view where the girls wanted to have lunch.

The shrooms started to hit before we got to that spot. As usual with shrooms, I started noticing colors sticking out more, and my senses of sight, smell, and hearing were all getting sharper. I distanced a bit myself from the rest to have some time to think about stuff that's going on in my life, mostly the fact that my father was very recently diagnosed with cancer and is about to start with immunotherapy and surgery.

I sat on a rock overlooking one of the sides of the hill and some farms and closed my eyes for a while (maybe 30/40 minutes). I was beginning to have CEVs of animals and vines made of 'neon-like' contours resembling Aztec art. They were rather faint because the sun was shining on my eyes.
Suddenly I felt a warm feeling that I can only describe as pure love and gratitude as I thought of all the good things my parents did for me all my life. I was probably smiling like an idiot the whole time. I opened my eyes and saw, as if they were 'drawn' on the rocks on the side of the hill, visions of my parents holding their recently born grandaughter.
Upon seeing this I started to think about paternity and the personal reasons why I refuse to have children.

I proceeded to look at the clouds for a bit (it was a cloudy day). The edges of each cloud drew tiny fractals and never stayed still. There was also what looked like a network of 'energy' in the shape of a web permeating the entire sky. When I lowered my gaze towards the farms, some of them made the shape of a gigantic smiley face and I felt as if the planet itself was smiling at me :lol:

We resumed walking for a bit trying to reach a small grove on the side of the hill but could not get there because a lot of bushes had grown since the last time we visited, and they were blocking our path. As we walked, the visuals got more intense, and my thoughts were rushing. For whatever reason I was going through different facets of human emotions while revisiting what I know about the history of mankind. Historical figures, wars, events, scientific breakthroughs rushed through my mind as I kept walking on the hills. Everything felt so vivid and clear, but it was picking up the pace real quick and I was beginning to be engulfed by this stream of history and time.
These rushing thoughts then decelerated and led me to think about my current job under a more positive light, making me appreciate what I do much more than I generally do while sober.

We all kept walking towards a different, yet still very beautiful grove that led us to the edge of a cliff with an amazing view of the surrounding area. The visual aspect was absolutely amazing. At this point I was not really hallucinating that much with open eyes, but everything looked so incredibly VAST.

I felt really, really mentally tired at this point. The trip had been very energic and stimulating, nothing like cubes which, to me, seem to cause a bit of a mindfuck and confusion. However, I felt like my brain had been overstimulated. I needed to rest for a bit, so I just laid there on a rock while feeling a pleasant warmth all over my body as I listened to my wife and her sisters chatting.

My wife drove us back home about five hours since our arrival at the hill as I was still feeling mentally and now physically exhausted.

I was very pleasantly surprised by every aspect of these Galindoi mushrooms. The taste was better than cubes, their potency was definitely much better than average cubes, and some of the effects were notably different. I'd say if one is opting for a 'weirder' and more mindfucky trip, cubes would be better. But if you want to be more active and stimulated, with clearer yet very fast-paced thoughts, Galindoi (tamps) are a much better option.

For the record, Natalensis fruits for me also felt different from cubes, but I can't really pinpoint WHY. They have a mindfucky yet mellow aspect, with intense visuals and strange colors that I don't think I noticed with cubes (at least on reasonable doses).

I want to keep experimenting with stone producers on different contexts (beach, forest, at home) to see if the same qualities of the trip are present.

This the same place you ate your first nats? It looks similar, only reason I’m asking.

I always tell people nats are like cube lites, it’s a cubensis high that’s easy to manage and not as mind fucky.

Glad you had a good time with the galindoli

--------------------
Life’s shit, but I’m loving it

Offlinejomanda1990
Ewewazos
Male User Gallery

Loc: Argentina Flag
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Wall.E]
    #27624219 - 01/19/22 06:47 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Yes, the same place. I love it haha

--------------------

OnlineAdas
Lonely Dreamer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Central EU
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Wall.E] * 1
    #27624221 - 01/19/22 06:50 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks for the report! Sounds cool! Just the exhaustion part doesn't sound fun, but I've never hiked on mushrooms so I can't comment whether it's normal or not.

Invisibleseldom seen
April Fool
Male User Gallery

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Adas] * 2
    #27624228 - 01/19/22 06:56 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Awesome report:heart:

--------------------

Offlinejomanda1990
Ewewazos
Male User Gallery

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: seldom seen] * 1
    #27624278 - 01/19/22 07:49 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Thank you for the kinds words everyone, I'm glad you liked the trip report, it's the first one I ever write :amanita2:

@Adas: I'm positive the mental/physical exhaustion also had to do with the fact I had slept about 5 hours the night before since I had procrastinated some work.

I have a question regarding getting prints from Galindoi fruits. Should I be able to see the stipes of the fruits stained black? some of these fruits look mature enough but they are not dropping spores I think. The caps will begin to turn blackish soon, which I suppose it means they are overmaturing/dying.

--------------------

Edited by jomanda1990 (01/19/22 07:59 AM)

OnlineAdas
Lonely Dreamer
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: jomanda1990]
    #27624287 - 01/19/22 07:57 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

They look good for printing, but it's still a hit or miss. I find that without proper FAE the gills may never properly develop even if the cap opens. Definitely give it a shot tho.

OfflineA.k.aM
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Gaming the system
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Adas] * 1
    #27624335 - 01/19/22 08:57 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah Once they open wide like that I try to give them a day or so and then cut them for prints before they start to get too rolled back. Atl is a little bit easier but tamps are generally a pain in the ass to print. Either they dry out or don’t drop.

I started just swabbing them to avoid the hassle.

That place looks great for tripping. Reminds me a lot of the scrub/chaparral I used to run around in all day as a kid in California.

--------------------
LAGM2020

Offlinejomanda1990
Ewewazos
Male User Gallery

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: A.k.a]
    #27624404 - 01/19/22 09:59 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks for the input guys.
Gonna try printing from a few mature caps.

--------------------

OfflineMoopers
Pan noob
I'm a teapot

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: RiverBum]
    #27624464 - 01/19/22 11:11 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

RiverBum said:
These Tamps are truly a resilient species. This neglected flower pot is still growing a few occasional fruits despite fall temps ranging from 40-65°f I'll be dumping it out to check for stone growth later this week as I doubt it will survive the winter.

Would love to know more about growing these outside. Can you give more info on what you did here (or point me to where you've already written it up)?

Anyone else tried tamps outside? My first outdoor grow of cyans fruited incredibly well this year, and I'd love to have a repeat with different species earlier in the year!

Edit: Searched and found more threads. Seems like it's as easy as spawn to coir, bury and water, with grass being helpful. I'll probably give it a shot once outdoor temperatures are more suitable.

Edited by Moopers (01/19/22 11:24 AM)

InvisibleHobotechnology
PEU bandit

Loc: In your bushes
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Moopers] * 4
    #27625206 - 01/20/22 12:03 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

5 MONTH OLD SCLEROTIA.

Ok so i just harvested this 5 month old jar of Sclerotia cause its actually bu b-day today and im gonna trip(for reals this time lol)

This will ve my 2nd ever sclerotia trip. The first time was from 2month old Sclerotia.

I cant wait to test the difference.

Im gonna dose 17.5 grams in a tea form.

Wish me luck choombas!!!!!!!!

And remember to stay classy!

OfflineHindsight
Mad Scientist
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Hobotechnology] * 1
    #27625387 - 01/20/22 06:39 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Trip report!!!

Offlinejomanda1990
Ewewazos
Male User Gallery

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Hindsight]
    #27625401 - 01/20/22 07:05 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah trip report!

Btw out of five caps, only one of them dropped a rather light print. So it was a small victory I guess.

Here is a jar of a plate pin clone that I'm eager to fruit soon. Sadly I think all these jars might have stalled. They were inoculated on January 2 with smal agar wedges and shaken once.

--------------------

OfflineMycoplex
Sporocarp
 Unread Journal

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: jomanda1990] * 5
    #27625568 - 01/20/22 09:53 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

I finally started seeing a pinset on this ATL7 tub.  This is a different culture from the invitro pinning one, this particular tub was my first try at fruiting these.

I also have some smaller tubs going at the moment with the invitro pinner culture too but they are several days behind.

OnlineAdas
Lonely Dreamer
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Mycoplex] * 1
    #27625576 - 01/20/22 09:58 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Nice man, let's hope the tray fills in nicely! Lookin good so far

OfflineMycoplex
Sporocarp
 Unread Journal

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Adas] * 3
    #27625776 - 01/20/22 12:27 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks Adas.  On an different note, I am almost at the point with the 'Cosmo' culture where I can start sharing out a few prints, and you and Hindsight are first.

One thing I just wanted to test out is whether or not the spores themselves also produce invitro fruit.  I haven't tested this yet and should only take another 2 weeks or so.

I would be very surprised if the spores themselves manage to pull this same feat off, but if they do that is the whole point of isolating it.

OnlineAdas
Lonely Dreamer
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Mycoplex] * 1
    #27625815 - 01/20/22 01:00 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

That will be rad! I'm sure there will be plenty of genetics from MS that will be able to do this. Just a matter of cloning the plate pins, hehe.

OfflineMycoplex
Sporocarp
 Unread Journal

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Adas] * 1
    #27626295 - 01/20/22 07:56 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

I swiped two plates with the spores from one of these pins.  Is it correct to label this as F2 (ie, these are the spores of the fruits of the first generation relative to where I started) or am I using that incorrectly?

I also put this culture on some slants.

InvisibleWall.E
Bacteria's Bitch
Male

Loc: Fungal Void
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Mycoplex] * 3
    #27626314 - 01/20/22 08:16 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Are the prints from the first pins? If so, then this would be F1. F0 is the original fruit, F2 is the fruit from spores that were spores from the original fruit (grow, print, grow, print)

--------------------
Life’s shit, but I’m loving it

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 489 | 490 | 491 | 492 | 493 | 494 | 495 | 496 | 497 | 498 | 499 | 500 | 501 | 502 | 503 | 504 | 505 | 506 | 507 | 508 | 509 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies