Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewoleb
below
Loc: South Australia
Mushrooms in honey
    #2762256 - 06/04/04 02:14 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Hi there, me and a friend went picking a week ago and got a bunch of Big Laughing Gyms, put some in honey and dried the rest. Now my friend was drying them and only the little ones dried properly, the rest just kind of rotted. This pissed me off a bit but doesn't really matter.

What does matter, is that the rest of the non-dried shrooms are now in honey, and have been for about a week. They've gone black, and we heard that if shrooms are put in something like honey then the psylocibin sort of leaks out and makes the honey/water/whatever psychoactive. Is this true? Should we remove the honeyed shrooms and eat the honey, or eat both?

Any answers would be greatly appreciated :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: Mushrooms in honey [Re: woleb]
    #2762289 - 06/04/04 02:51 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

eat both, it's just the blueing of the shrooms

I htough you needed to put dry shrooms in honey?

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #2762330 - 06/04/04 03:26 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Hey Mate,

Honey is not a good place to put any mushrooms.

Here are a few quotes from Jonathan Ott about the storage of shrooms in homey.

First I want to point out that this urban legend came from an article in High Times called Blue Honey.

The aztecs use to serve mushrooms with honey but they never stored them in honey.

Plus you would have to eat loads of honey if they were fresh mushrooms. Pronbably more honey than yor body needs.

The following is exceerpted from Pharmaoctheon by Jonathan Ott, 1996.

Page 291:

Pages 306-307:

mj

And be careful with the genera Gymnopilus since the deadly shrooms also can resemble some of them.

And by the way, the Australian Mushroom Gymnopilus spectabilis is know knownas Gymnoppilus Junonius.

See below:

Gymnopilus spectabilis (Fr.) Smith (=G. junonius (Fr.) Orton
Documented Locations: Victoria; Australia. Because this species is very bitter and has a most foul and acrid taste, and requires an alleged dosage of at least 4 to 8 fresh ounces (112-224 gm) of mushrooms for its desired psychotropic effects, it is unlikely that this species is collected in Australia. This species can be found fruiting on dead tree stumps. According to several mycologists, this Australian species is probably Subs. G. pampeanus but recent classification now describes this species as G. junonius and is widespread, at least in NSW, Qld, SA, and Victoria. According to some experts, this species is not psychoactive and various other species of psychoactive Gymnopilus may have been misidentified as G. spectabilis. See next entry on Gymnopilus purpuratus.

4. Gymnopilus Purpuratus (Cooke & Masse) Singer
Documented Locations: Port Lincoln and Big Swamp, South Australia; Victoria, and Western Australia. This species was first identified from Australia by mycologist John Burton Cleland as Flammula Purpurata (derived from the Latin Purpuratus, clad in purple). Cleland described this species as being found on fallen trunks of wood. Gymnopilus purpuratus is an agaric identified from the austral floral zone and was first collected in Chile. This species blues easily, taste very bitter and is probably hallucinogenic. 1992 chemical analysis of collections from Germany by Dr. Jochen Gartz of the University of Leipzig and others have demonstrated high levels of psilocin and low levels of baeocystin. Dr. Gartz reported that "since 1983, this species has been observed on heaps of pig dung and woodchips in the district Rostock, Northern G. D. R. (East Germany). It seems that this species was introduced (into Germany) with grain from Argentina used for pig forage." Gartz also noted that this species stains blue when handled and was found to be exempt of other tryptamines, muscarine, and urea. Recently, this species was reported by Australian mycologists Shepherd and Totterdell (1990) as gregarious on rotted wood.

mj

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
Re: Mushrooms in honey [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2762338 - 06/04/04 03:35 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Right on MJ, myth slayed.

I have been wondering about this one for years, and as a lad , made a  stunzi honey mix, that I stored in a large shot glass ,  I thought it  would keep for a
long time.....and suprise!  it rotted,  good thing no one ate it :smile:

--------------------

Offlinewoleb
below
Loc: South Australia
Re: Mushrooms in honey [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #2762357 - 06/04/04 03:56 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Okay thanks everyone, this confirmed my suspicions.. I'd read honey wasn't a great place for shrooms but my friend seemed determined that it would be best  :shake:

I guess we'll eat everything just so nothing really goes to waste.. Is it possible to salvage the honeyed shrooms or will they just continue to rot?

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
Re: Mushrooms in honey [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2762363 - 06/04/04 04:04 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I found this article on the shroomery about storing in honey. http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/12189

Why is it still there if it's such a shitty way to store mushrooms?

Offlineshrooms777
Re: Mushrooms in honey [Re: Annom]
    #2765135 - 06/05/04 12:31 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I store them in the fridge, they can stay for a week easy

Offlinebeatlebangboy
Absinthe-ian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bum Fuck Florida
    #2767598 - 06/05/04 10:28 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

My question to anybody tyring to preserve mushrooms, is why? I know they are supposed to be more potent "wet" but I have always dried mine in Damp Rid and then vacuum sealed them. Maybe they aren't as potent, but I make up for that by eating a little more. Not to mention they can be stored for a long, long time. When I'm lucky enough and the mood hits me to eat em' and I can eat em' fresh, great, if not, dried always worked well for me. Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by beatlebangboy (06/05/04 10:29 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag