Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesumthinesoteric
nothing
Loc: the void
Primus "Hallucino Genetics Tour" Seattle, WA
    #2762339 - 06/04/04 05:38 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I would just like to say that everyone who missed the Primus concert in Seattle missed an awesome 3 hour show.

A little of this and that and then the entire Frizzle Fry alblum, and Jerry was a Race Car driver for encore.

The tour is called the "Hallucino Genetics Tour" and was pretty trippy, even for my wife and I who were probably the only sober people there, not by choice.  They had these three orbs or ballons that where white and projected movies onto them during the songs, and they clipped to the beat most of the time.

I will say I was a little diapointed when all the idiots freaked out when they played "my name is Mud", not to get on a soap box, but I started disliking them after the Pork Soda album, band original band members leaving and sound started changing, not to mention they became a little too "MTV".

But, despite the pop-culture-subculture-sterotypical-cliche-"all non-conformist are alike"-kids-who-have-kids, and the-stinky-homless-"how did they afford tickets"-hippies, atleast Primus played their best album with all the original band memebers and made everything better, or atleast tolerable.

whatever,

sumthinesoteric

ps yeah, I'm yuppie scum, problem? Jealous? :crazy2:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
Re: Primus "Hallucino Genetics Tour" Seattle, WA [Re: sumthinesoteric]
    #2762358 - 06/04/04 05:58 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I saw them back in october, they had a similar setlist but didn't call the tour the same name.

The drum solo in the second set was the fuckin shit--he played with a Line6 Delay pedal for half of it, pimp.
Oh, and the "Here come the Bastards" reprise was awesome, with all the dudes in masks. I thought it was funny

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #2763944 - 06/04/04 05:15 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

How did Primus become too MTV after Pork Soda? That album as well as "Tales From The Punchbowl" were great IMO.

It suprises me that they chose to play the ENTIRE "Frizzle Fry" album at your show.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: Johnny Price- Marijuana, The Devil Flower

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

#2772132 - 06/07/04 05:20 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Holy Shit, that show was heaven and hell. I spent the first 5-6 songs in the human trash compactor that was the front of the crowd. I swear i don't know how some of the short, petite girls that were in there made it out alive. You basically had to flex every muscle in your body at once constantly just to continue breathing. You couldn't put both feet down on the floor and the entire crowd kept swaying back and forth, sometimes violently, and sometimes ever so slowly. Any exagerated movement made by any one person was cause multiple ripples of motion karma that would roll through the whole crowd for several minutes. Once people started falling onto each other and nearly drowning in this sea of people, I figured it was time to get outta there. I looked behind me and about 2 people back I saw the eye of this flesh storm -- about 10 people, mostly girls, were all twisted around each other, each with wide expressions of horror on their face, they looked some some multiple-torsoed pit mutant. So I grabbed my hombre, who I managed to find by some miracle, by the shoulder and we charged our way outta there. I couldn't have made it outta there by myself unless I crowd surfed out.

But aside from that, goddam did the boys sound good! Herb's snare was a little weak, but other than that, they sounded better than the recordings most of the time. I was so stoked they played Frizzle Fry, my favorite album. The drum solo was just absolutely incredible. Once Tim really got rolling it sounded like PRIMUS was playing, yes I'm saying Tim alone brought the fury of all that is Primus.

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Primus "Hallucino Genetics Tour" Seattle, WA [Re: Viveka]
    #2772927 - 06/07/04 10:00 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Montreal on the 20th for me!  :cool:

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
    #2777712 - 06/09/04 01:05 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Wooo! I primus at bonnaroo. One of the bands im really excited about seeing.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineShattrdHarlequin
Stranger

#2777779 - 06/09/04 01:34 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

We got a 3 1/2 hour show at Red Rocks! The Frizzle Fry set was BY FAR better than the first. I thought it was an amazing show! Way better than the last Tour De Fromage....
All of the Primus albums are AMAZING. I can't believe you wouldn't like Tales From the PunchBowl or Pork Soda. I wish they would have played MUD here..... or even Wynona has a Big Brown Beaver... hehe... We got Jerry was a Race Car Driver as part of the first set though =).

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media