Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 194 | 195 | 196 | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | 210 | 211 | 212 | 213 | 214 | Next > | Last >
Offlinespasm666
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: The Gourmet Cultivation Discussion Thread [Re: A.k.a]
    #27614168 - 01/10/22 02:05 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

I guess it is.

If I'm not going to get any of that coir into the substrate bags, I should be good, right? How else it could transfer?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFailboat
Fuck Up
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The Gourmet Cultivation Discussion Thread [Re: Failboat]
    #27614242 - 01/10/22 03:26 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Quirkmeister92 said:
I'd keep plants and mush separate. I got spore frosted buds that got moldy next.

To clarify, my oysters spored on my flowers and then trich ate the bud that didn't dry faster cause of fat stalks. Just saying too many hosts for parasites in one room ain't smart.

OfflineEugene Gesuale
Jar-Sniffer
Other

Loc: The Basement
Re: The Gourmet Cultivation Discussion Thread [Re: joze]
    #27614648 - 01/11/22 02:13 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

joze said:
Quote:

Adrenognome said:
I got some cultures coming my way courtesy of QM33, just wanted to get a few things straight. I plan on going agar to quart jars oats to filterpatch bags of HWFP for blues, LM, and black kings. Should I supplement with wheat bran? If so how much. Should I pasteurize my HWFP or no because they’re already clean? What ratio of grain spawn per bag of pellets? Thanks to all who can help and who have helped
PS I have only used pellets for reishi once and couldn’t get them to fruit.
I’ve also done pink oyster in 5 gallon buckets with straw.
PPS is there a percentage for water absorption with the pellets and a good way to calculate and measure that?

The recipe I got from another grower on here that I use for 5 lb. bags is: 25 oz HWFP, 7 oz wheat bran, 48 ounces of water = 2 lbs. dry ingredients to 3 lbs. water. I weigh out the ingredients into each bag, boil the water in a kettle, and pour it over the pellets before placing them in the PC. I find that helps soften and break apart the HWFP. I use either a half quart or full quart of spawn per bag, depending on my mood.

Thanks for the recipe. How long do you pc at 15psi? Same as grains?

--------------------
Everything in life is a trade-off.

All posts made by this account are purely satirical in nature.

Invisiblejoze
Male

Loc: PNW
Re: The Gourmet Cultivation Discussion Thread [Re: Eugene Gesuale]
    #27614837 - 01/11/22 08:25 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Adrenognome said:
Quote:

joze said:
Quote:

Adrenognome said:
I got some cultures coming my way courtesy of QM33, just wanted to get a few things straight. I plan on going agar to quart jars oats to filterpatch bags of HWFP for blues, LM, and black kings. Should I supplement with wheat bran? If so how much. Should I pasteurize my HWFP or no because they’re already clean? What ratio of grain spawn per bag of pellets? Thanks to all who can help and who have helped
PS I have only used pellets for reishi once and couldn’t get them to fruit.
I’ve also done pink oyster in 5 gallon buckets with straw.
PPS is there a percentage for water absorption with the pellets and a good way to calculate and measure that?

The recipe I got from another grower on here that I use for 5 lb. bags is: 25 oz HWFP, 7 oz wheat bran, 48 ounces of water = 2 lbs. dry ingredients to 3 lbs. water. I weigh out the ingredients into each bag, boil the water in a kettle, and pour it over the pellets before placing them in the PC. I find that helps soften and break apart the HWFP. I use either a half quart or full quart of spawn per bag, depending on my mood.

Yep, same as grains. I actually do mine at 12.5 psi in an Instapot, so I do 135 mins which equates to 90 mins at 15 psi.

--------------------

Important Links.

Be kind to others.

OfflineEugene Gesuale
Jar-Sniffer
Other

#27615287 - 01/11/22 03:17 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Yep, same as grains. I actually do mine at 12.5 psi in an Instapot, so I do 135 mins which equates to 90 mins at 15 psi.

Hmmm, I never thought of doing grains unless it was 15psi or more for 60-90 min, or at atmospheric pressure for 20-24 hrs

--------------------

OfflineJXAllen
Cannalyst

#27615652 - 01/11/22 10:04 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

I'm trying to dial my martha tent in. I'm currently growing lion's mane, branched oyster and blue oyster. My lion's mane is growing nicely, nice and dense. But I don't like how my oyster's are growing. They pin like crazy, but most abort and I'm last with clusters of a few large mushrooms rather than a whole bunch of smaller mushrooms. I had assumed it was just the genetics of the branched oyster. But my first blue oyster block is fruiting and it looks like it's going to do the same. I've got a 120mm PC fan as an intake fan. It runs for 5 minutes every 2 hours. And I have a humidifier on a humidity controller, set to 88rh. Temperature is 65F. I would like suggestions on how to adjust my environment for larger clusters of smaller mushrooms on the oysters rather than these smaller clusters of larger mushrooms.

Here are some of my branched oyster flushes.

My first blue oysters

Lion's mane, 3rd flush.

--------------------
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that do not.
Cultures I'm workin on

Edited by JXAllen (01/12/22 04:51 AM)

Invisiblejoze
Male

Loc: PNW
    #27615935 - 01/12/22 08:16 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Adrenognome said:
Hmmm, I never thought of doing grains unless it was 15psi or more for 60-90 min, or at atmospheric pressure for 20-24 hrs</font></font></font>

I guess I didn't realize what I was doing was abnormal. I do everything in my Instant Pot at 12.5 psi. Agar 30 mins, grains and bags 135 mins. Let the pot cool down and the pressure naturally release, which for bags takes several hours. All my stuff is sterile coming out.

--------------------

Important Links.

Be kind to others.

InvisibleDrboomer
The lord magnificent
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#27617110 - 01/13/22 09:21 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Kings gobbling down corn cob in bottles

InvisibleSoutherner
Stranger

Loc: South
Re: The Gourmet Cultivation Discussion Thread [Re: Drboomer]
    #27621628 - 01/16/22 08:29 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Anyone know about how long bags need to cool in the PC for a seal to form? Wanting to test a back to back sterilization but don’t want to lose that first batch from opening too soon.

OfflineFailboat
Fuck Up
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The Gourmet Cultivation Discussion Thread [Re: Southerner]
    #27629864 - 01/23/22 04:52 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Wait till the pressure drops.

I just did my first load of in-bag masters mix prep and it seems I overloaded most of my bags. 0.5kg+0.5kg+1.5kg looks like a winner. Feelin I could crush a few loads a week easy. :cool:

Offlinedeadmandave
Slime
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The Gourmet Cultivation Discussion Thread [Re: JXAllen] * 1
    #27630616 - 01/24/22 07:12 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

JXAllen said:
I'm trying to dial my martha tent in. I'm currently growing lion's mane, branched oyster and blue oyster. My lion's mane is growing nicely, nice and dense. But I don't like how my oyster's are growing. They pin like crazy, but most abort and I'm last with clusters of a few large mushrooms rather than a whole bunch of smaller mushrooms. I had assumed it was just the genetics of the branched oyster. But my first blue oyster block is fruiting and it looks like it's going to do the same. I've got a 120mm PC fan as an intake fan. It runs for 5 minutes every 2 hours. And I have a humidifier on a humidity controller, set to 88rh. Temperature is 65F. I would like suggestions on how to adjust my environment for larger clusters of smaller mushrooms on the oysters rather than these smaller clusters of larger mushrooms.

Here are some of my branched oyster flushes.

My first blue oysters

Lion's mane, 3rd flush.

What's in your substrate mix? They might be craving more nutrients to give more mushrooms. How big are the blocks and how much spawn?

The mushrooms look pretty good tho, don't need any extra airflow but if you keep the humidity super high around the opening where they pin you'll get more pins which leads to more but smaller mushrooms.

I like to either cut a long slit from corner to corner (picked up from shroomsisay) or cut a flap, by making three cuts in a rectangular shape but leaving the fourth side attached. Give the flap a lift and let it fall back to the sub. The primordia will have 100% humidity under that flap and develop nicely ( this method is from mossy Creek).

Offlinespasm666
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: The Gourmet Cultivation Discussion Thread [Re: deadmandave]
    #27637521 - 01/29/22 01:19 PM (2 years, 1 month ago)

I got a couple of contaminated bags, apparently bacterial contamination. It's kinda brown and smells like shit, and I mean actual feces. In both bags the contamination appears in the bottom of the bags (3ft perforated column bags). Could it be that the bottom is a better place for bacteria since water might run down to the bottom? I have used some pressure to pack the bags tight, which might have resulted in water going to the bottom. Or some nasties from the floor has worked their way through the perforations?

Offlinedeadmandave
Slime
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The Gourmet Cultivation Discussion Thread [Re: spasm666] * 1
    #27637563 - 01/29/22 02:10 PM (2 years, 1 month ago)

Did they get over hydrated? The substrate shouldn't be filled with so much water that it's leaking down to the bottom. Field capacity allows the substrate to hold the water in place.

A proper pasteurized bag won't contaminate very easily from being closer to the ground.

My guess is the method of preparation is at fault, the sub is not fully pasteurized and was dirty to begin with. Second guess is too much water or dirty spawn.

Edited by deadmandave (01/29/22 02:11 PM)

Offlinespasm666
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #27637614 - 01/29/22 02:56 PM (2 years, 1 month ago)

I used my normal water content which should be around 65%, and there wasn't any visible leakage to the bottom.

Your first guess is right as I don't pasteurize/sterilize at all. That's for sure the reason behind this. But I'm trying to analyze this further; did I compress the sub too much, making the bottom more moist which might be then better for the bacteria to thrive. Do bacteria favor more moist environment? Or did it come from the floor or something. Both bags have the contam in the bottom, and all the other bags are just fine. There seems to be more posts of trich, I really don't know much about bacterial contaminations.

Offlinedeadmandave
Slime
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The Gourmet Cultivation Discussion Thread [Re: spasm666] * 1
    #27637976 - 01/29/22 09:15 PM (2 years, 1 month ago)

bacteria can easily be multiplied by dirty spawn. also maybe these straw pellets were more dirty than previous.

are you colonizing on the floor? i wouldnt have them in direct contact with the ground but otherwise there shouldnt be any real risk of contam as long as its not a cesspool.

yes, bacteria favor a more moist environment, there are also anaerobic bacterias that show up if things are really fucked (packed way too tight, no air holes, way too wet). im not sure which ones you got that smell like feces but sounds less than ideal.

Edited by deadmandave (01/29/22 09:17 PM)

Offlinespasm666
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #27638138 - 01/30/22 01:04 AM (2 years, 1 month ago)

Spawn is clean and very high quality commercial spawn.

I've been colonizing on the floors of cupboars/closets (not wiping the floor with iso between batches to be honest). Don't know if it's dirty floor, too much packed, anaerobic environment against the floor.

I guess I'll improve on the hygiene, try less packing, and next week I'll get to hang the bags as I move my growings to a new place.

OfflineEugene Gesuale
Jar-Sniffer
Other

Re: The Gourmet Cultivation Discussion Thread [Re: spasm666]
    #27638774 - 01/30/22 04:16 PM (2 years, 1 month ago)

Is 5050 HWFP and soy hull the best ratio for yields with oyster lm and black kings?

--------------------

OfflineJXAllen
Cannalyst

#27639065 - 01/30/22 09:55 PM (2 years, 1 month ago)

Hi! Sorry it's taken a few days to reply. I forgot about this post. I started it's own thread. My blocks are supplemented hardwood. 5c HWFP, 1.25c wheat bran and 1.4l water. Each bag received about 1-1.5c millet grain spawn. They are in 8inch bags....so each block is around 8"x5". The recipe I followed is for a 5lb block. Dry ingredients came out to around 2lb. I've got three different mushrooms growing in my martha. Oysters on top, lions mane in the middle and king oysters on the bottom. The LM and kings are doing great! But these oysters.....which I had assumed would be the easier of the three are giving me the most trouble! lol...

On a related note... I've avoided masters mix because it uses soy hulls. I avoid soy because of phytoestrogens. My question is, do the hulls contain phytoestrogens? or just the seeds? Has anyone done any testing to see if they are present and if they are taken up by the growing mushrooms?

--------------------
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that do not.
Cultures I'm workin on

Edited by JXAllen (01/31/22 05:56 AM)

InvisibleDrboomer
The lord magnificent
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: The Gourmet Cultivation Discussion Thread [Re: JXAllen]
    #27639271 - 01/31/22 06:27 AM (2 years, 1 month ago)

Apparently hulls contain less than meal so at least that means most is in the bean itself. Here

I have been having luck using corncob bedding as a sub. Going to try mixing it 50/50 with hwfp and then throwing in grain next run to knock with lc will report back.

Offlinedeadmandave
Slime
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The Gourmet Cultivation Discussion Thread [Re: Drboomer]
    #27639323 - 01/31/22 07:45 AM (2 years, 1 month ago)

It's my assumption that any oestrogens present in the substrate would be broken down before being used by the mycelium and not passed along into the fruiting body. They seem to be easily broken and could be used to make other phytochemicals.

It would be interesting to get an analysis done, I haven't found any research to back up my guess tho.

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 194 | 195 | 196 | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | 210 | 211 | 212 | 213 | 214 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder