Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

Donate blood in Michigan and get a free joint
    #27618290 - 01/14/22 11:18 AM (4 days, 18 hours ago)

'Pot for Plasma': Donate blood and get a free joint at Walled Lake dispensary
January 13, 2022 - Detroit Free Press

Amid the blood supply shortage that the American Red Cross calls a "national crisis," the Greenhouse of Walled Lake is giving away a free pre-roll to those who show they donated blood.

Owner Jerry Millen is collaborating with UBaked Cannabis Edibles of Burton on the "Pot for Plasma" promotion in an effort to reach a new audience and raise awareness of the shortage.

"Hopefully people will go get blood from the fact that we're raising awareness, not just to get a free joint," Millen said. "But if that's the case, if somebody gives blood to get a free joint, then hey, let's do it."

The promotion will begin on Jan. 18 and run until Feb. 27. Everyone age 21 and over is eligible, as long as they have proof they have donated blood or plasma, such as a sticker or a bandaid. Recipients do not need to purchase anything from the store.

"We're not gonna be real picky about making sure people gave blood, if somebody comes in and says, 'Hey, I gave blood,' I'm going to give them a free roll," he said. "Because, I mean, it's just about raising awareness."

A pre-roll at the store usually costs between $10-20, Millen said.

Open for nearly three years, the dispensary provides both medicinal and recreational marijuana. Millen noted he hopes the giveaway will also promote the benefits of marijuana and encourage federal legalization.

This isn't the first promotion Millen has done, he did a similar "pot for shots" where those who showed proof of a COVID-19 vaccine got a free joint.

The idea was a success: they gave away 30,000 pre-rolls during "pot for shots."

If "pot for plasma" is equally successful, it would be a great help to Michigan hospitals.

At Beaumont Royal Oak, Dr. Craig Fletcher said the blood bank is "critically low" on supply, especially Type O.

"We like to usually keep about a five- to six-day supply on hand, and currently we are in about a one-day supply," Fletcher said. "So, we're very low and we're relying on our suppliers to get us blood on a daily basis to kind of just keep up, we're just trying to keep up at this point."

Fletcher urged everyone who can to donate — each donation can save up to three lives.

"Get out and donate, that's the best thing to help our patients, our cancer patients our surgical patients, our pediatric patients that require blood transfusions, get out there and donate even if you've never done it before," Fletcher said. "The whole process only takes about an hour. I'm a regular blood donor, and it's a very easy process, a very safe process. ... It's just critical that people get out either Versiti.org or through the American Red Cross, whichever one suits them to get out there. You can really make a difference and save people's lives through just a donation just a little bit of your time."

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlinenektar61S
Twisted pair
Female User Gallery

Loc: Former British Empire
Re: Donate blood in Michigan and get a free joint [Re: veggie]
    #27619411 - 01/15/22 06:08 AM (3 days, 23 hours ago)

I don't do the marijuanas.

If they give out spore prints, I'll go.

--------------------
"Take this brother, may it serve you well."

Invisibledurian_2008S
Cornucopian Eating an Elephant
 User Gallery

Loc: Raccoon City
Re: Donate blood in Michigan and get a free joint [Re: nektar61]
    #27621656 - 01/16/22 10:47 PM (2 days, 6 hours ago)

What if I sign up other people to donate, like the guy who collects votes from the senile elderly and migrants?

--------------------
Spacebusters said, "You remember school, don't you? That place, where we learned about Pavlov's dogs, in class. Then, the bell rang, and we went to lunch."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom