Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGernBlanston
unintended sideeffect
Male

Loc: OR
Anyone else regularly eat low doses (~1g)?
    #2751664 - 05/31/04 11:21 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I went to a show by myself this evening (Rush, in case you're curious), and decided to take a gram of dries shroomies with me. I haven't had the chance to trip with any friends in over a year, and I don't like heavy tripping without a friend or two around - so I've been jonesing a bit lately. I thought this would be a good chance to see if a low dose is worth bothering with; I knew that no matter what else I thought, 1g would be easy to deal with in public - even in a large gathering setting.

Additionally, I knew I'd have to drive in 4-5 hours after ingesting, and didn't want to take the chance of doing more than a wee dose.

Anyhoo, it was kinda nice. A gram is just enough to get that familiar body sensation and just enough to put your music listening brain into it's psychedelic gear, if that makes any sense. It was not so much that I was even remotely worried about how I was behaving and could talk to strangers comfortably if necessary.

Just curious - does anyone else use low doses in this fashion? If so, what do you find to be your optimum dose, and how and when do you do it? I'm really interested in hearing how other folks do this.

Gern

--------------------
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.
  --  Howard Zinn

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRedo
CTA

Re: Anyone else regularly eat low doses (~1g)? [Re: GernBlanston]
    #2751707 - 05/31/04 11:35 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Low dosing is a tease, you may get a 30 minute ease of thought but thats about it. If you cant handle a heavy trip I would think one of your friends wouldnt mind that extra gram =b.

OfflineCherk
Fashionable
Male User Gallery

Loc: International Flag
    #2751750 - 05/31/04 11:47 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I agree, low doses can definatly give you a great time. It's difficult to explain, but it feels like the mushrooms are just accompaning your everyday life, as opposed to hijacking it.

--------------------
I have considered such matters.

SIKE

OfflineGernBlanston
unintended sideeffect
Male

Re: Anyone else regularly eat low doses (~1g)? [Re: Cherk]
    #2751800 - 06/01/04 12:06 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

That's a fine way of putting it :smile:  I wasn't any "higher" than had I taken a Xanex and had a beer... but that wasn't really the point, eh?

One of the things I found positive about it:  I am not a big fan of crowds.  It's not the crowd specifically I don't like, it's the stupidity.  I don't want to sound too harsh, but I feel like when people get together, the collective good sense of people drops in direct inverse proportion to the size of the gathering.  Well, tonight I found myself a bit more in touch with the crowd around me - and a bit more at peace with myself and my place in the crowd, more to the point... to the point that the crowd bugged me much less than usual.  That was a pleasant and unexpected side-effect.

--------------------
  --  Howard Zinn

InvisibleChronic7
    #2752683 - 06/01/04 10:27 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

yeah sumtimes ill eat a couple fresh ones about 3pm and by night time comes im chatting away, noticing little things and commenting on them, cussing my friends (in a nice waay!).....its kinda nice its like it just relaxes you and lets thoughts flow out....without seeing shit everywhere!

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
Re: Anyone else regularly eat low doses (~1g)? [Re: Chronic7]
    #2752847 - 06/01/04 11:34 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Sounds sweet, I think I'll go for that some time.

Once, at the Roskilde Festival last year, I took some mushrooms, I had no clue as to how much they weighed... but I got minimal effects of them. It was sort of a tease because I didnt notice much of the effects... probably because of set and setting.

MAybe it was less than a gram, but a dose giving the effects which you describe sounds sweet.

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

InvisibleChronic7
Re: Anyone else regularly eat low doses (~1g)? [Re: filthysock]
    #2752895 - 06/01/04 11:51 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

i had those effects with a couple thai shroomz and no weed, (tryn to cut down), bare in mind im usually quite perky when i havent smoked for a few days anyway!

--------------------

OfflineGernBlanston
unintended sideeffect
Male

Re: Anyone else regularly eat low doses (~1g)? [Re: filthysock]
    #2753215 - 06/01/04 01:36 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I recommend giving it a shot - like I said... nothing real strong, but well worth doing, IMHO. Plus, a gram a shot - that's a cheap way to spend an evening out. Hell, I didn't even want a beer at the show (at $6 each), so $$ wise, it all evens out, and then some.

--------------------
  --  Howard Zinn

Offlineshrooms777
    #2754148 - 06/01/04 05:54 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

yea I agree, sometimes less is the way to go, a low dosage puts a smile on my face and me in a good mood

OfflineSkinnymofo
lalala
Loc: Seattle
    #2754537 - 06/01/04 07:53 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

in the fall / early winter i got and pick cyanescens and take ~5 or 6 medium sized ones for a good buzz to get me going through the day thumbs up for just a nice easy good time
infact im doing just this except with cubes i think tommarrow for primus :thumbup:

Edited by Skinnymofo (06/01/04 07:55 PM)

OfflineEuphoria
watch theweatherchange...

Re: Anyone else regularly eat low doses (~1g)? [Re: Skinnymofo]
    #2758131 - 06/02/04 07:35 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

PRIMUS!?!?

Dude I'm going to see them for the second time on the 20th - I was thinking about trying ~1g at the concert - please post or PM how it goes!

Primus Sucks.

OfflineShattrdHarlequin
Stranger

Re: Anyone else regularly eat low doses (~1g)? [Re: Euphoria]
    #2760491 - 06/03/04 11:18 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I was thinking about trying out ~1g at the Primus show at Red Rocks on Saturday. I would really be interested in hearing how that went too! It is the Hallucino Genetic tour and all. haha......

OfflineRenegade8
Niggar please

Loc: Orange County
Re: Anyone else regularly eat low doses (~1g)? [Re: ShattrdHarlequin]
    #2761099 - 06/03/04 04:47 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

That's so funny - I went to the Primus show this past Saturday & I was thinking how cool it would be to shroom to their music. I think you guys would have a blast with a low dose at one of their shows, especially this tour 'cause they're more old school & funky than they've been in years. Plus, there's a hilarious drug video in the middle of the set that would be awesome while shrooming.

--------------------
I'm just see-through faded, super jaded, and out of my mind. - R.I.P. Layne

OfflineSkinnymofo
lalala
Loc: Seattle
    #2761258 - 06/03/04 07:40 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

ok so i was gonna create a whole new topic but since this kept on i figured id just keep it here.
My friends and i got 3 1/8s and split it between 4 people. they were the best looking mushrooms ive ever seen, perfectly shaped caps and just broken off the veil (im not quite sure what they were grown on, but they were cubes from seattle). Anyway i had about ~2.5 grams or so maybe a tad less. Also these mushies had almost 0 taste which was also odd they just had that slight dried mushroom taste, but it was mostly flavored like unsalted crackers.
Now let me start by saying ive never experience a mushroom trip like this before. Was the craziest thing, first, my head was completely clear i got no visuals at all (although one of my friends did but he ate a lot more). It was the most intense body buzz ive ever felt almost too good feeling.
Ok so primus started about an hour after theyd kicked in and they played damn near the exact same things they played a few months ago when they came =/ it was like 8 songs for the first set-drug video intermission and then frizzle fry. the first set just flew by even though each song was like 20 minutes long. Now while standing there in the crowd my body buzz would completely go away just like i was sober again aside from a tad brighter colors in the exhibition center they were playing. It was quite odd.
Intermission we sat back down and watched the fly man and an oompa loompa walk around in the crowd and then they started playing frizzlefry. they played up to frizzle fry then the 20minute drum solo and all i could think was they did this last time i wonder how many other people know this is gonna just keep going and going and going. Once they got back into playing the album i started thinking about when this would get over- now this is about 2 hours into the trip and i was tired, yes these shrooms seemed to have some kind of sedative property or something because they made me sleepy.
All in all it was a pretty good concert although some of the crowd was pissing me off and the mushrooms seemed to anger me even more.
i Would recommend tripping during primus although find somewhere nice and comfortable to sit as it just seemed more enjoyable to me at the time.

OfflineGernBlanston
unintended sideeffect
Male

Re: Anyone else regularly eat low doses (~1g)? [Re: Skinnymofo]
    #2761659 - 06/03/04 09:47 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Good report - thanks!

--------------------
  --  Howard Zinn

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract