Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
InvisibleLiquidGlass
Glass Blower
 User Gallery

Loc: Pee En Double You
Re: Box fan flowhoods, Glove boxes, Positive pressure boxes and Automated Mono-Tubs [Re: Stipe-n Cap]
    #28021522 - 10/28/22 02:26 PM (1 year, 3 months ago)

It may not be as efficient as an expensive setup but less than 1% contamination rate is  very good for any grower.

And for you people who are not yet able to afford an expensive setup, just know that there are other ways you can do it efficiently.
And you say to keep it on topic, well the 1st words of your post are literally Box fan flow hood so I think that this is right on topic

--------------------
Some art I've made Glass Art Gallery

I was raised a christian and was a stone-faced acid head
- Ken Kesey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleruawakeyet
 User Gallery

Re: Box fan flowhoods, Glove boxes, Positive pressure boxes and Automated Mono-Tubs *DELETED* [Re: LiquidGlass]
    #28021532 - 10/28/22 02:30 PM (1 year, 3 months ago)

Post deleted by ruawakeyet

Reason for deletion: Because I want to.

InvisibleLiquidGlass
Glass Blower
 User Gallery

Re: Box fan flowhoods, Glove boxes, Positive pressure boxes and Automated Mono-Tubs [Re: ruawakeyet]
    #28021588 - 10/28/22 02:49 PM (1 year, 3 months ago)

Quote:

ruawakeyet said:
Quote:

LiquidGlass said:
It may not be as efficient as an expensive setup but less than 1% contamination rate is  very good for any grower.

And for you people who are not yet able to afford an expensive setup, just know that there are other ways you can do it efficiently.
And you say to keep it on topic, well the 1st words of your post are literally Box fan flow hood so I think that this is right on topic

Those 2 merv filters cost just as much or more than my SAB, and I over-engineered my SAB. So far, I'm running 0% contamination using my SAB, so how is turbulent air going to be better?

Congratulations on having 0% contam rate with your still air Box. I'm very proud of you! Not everyone does though, and there are other ways to do things efficiently

--------------------

- Ken Kesey

Edited by LiquidGlass (10/28/22 02:57 PM)

InvisibleStipe-n CapMDiscord
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Box fan flowhoods, Glove boxes, Positive pressure boxes and Automated Mono-Tubs [Re: LiquidGlass] * 2
    #28021631 - 10/28/22 03:08 PM (1 year, 3 months ago)

Quote:

LiquidGlass said:

This is not a supported claim.

I have no idea who you are, I cannot confirm nor deny the veracity of the claim, I cannot confirm your ability to identify contamination, I cannot confirm that the pictures are yours or if they were actualy grown out using the equipment that you've mentioned.

What I do know is that the science is known, the mechanisms are well defined and understood; these practices are inherited from the scientific community at large.

To be on topic here we would be engaging in discussion about WHY your equipment should work, what are the mechanisms/principles that are responsible for the effective deployment of this equipment against airborne particles. The equipment in question should have a clear casual relationship between materials and expected outcome, this needs to be clearly articulated.

Why should your equipment work? We know why laminar flow and still air work, we understand why turbulence should be avoided and how; There is a clear causal relationship between turbulence and contamination.

Making unfounded claims that upend decades of scientific inquiry will require more information.

If you are unable to supply this information then it's because you are unaware of why it should work. If there is no clear explanation why it should and does work then the likelyhood that your results are a false positive exponentially increase and may simply be the result of chance, which is a type 1 error as mentioned in my previous reply.

If your equipment is incapable of achieving laminar flow or still air then you must supply a reasonable replacement, otherwise your anecdotal experience is just that, left to chance, statistically insignificant across time and not repeatable/falsifiable.

Type 1 error tek.

Edited by Stipe-n Cap (10/28/22 03:36 PM)

InvisibleLiquidGlass
Glass Blower
 User Gallery

Re: Box fan flowhoods, Glove boxes, Positive pressure boxes and Automated Mono-Tubs [Re: Stipe-n Cap]
    #28021665 - 10/28/22 03:31 PM (1 year, 3 months ago)

Quote:

p9hu7 said:
Quote:

LiquidGlass said:

This is not a supported claim.

I have no idea who you are, I cannot confirm nor deny the veracity of the claim, I cannot confirm your ability to identify contamination, I cannot confirm that the pictures are yours or if they were actualy grown out using the equipment that you've mentioned.

That's really funny, and to be honest I don't really care if you believe me or not. I am not commenting for you or others that are unwilling to accept different methods. Therefore I am not going to sit here and waste my time trying to convince close-minded people that are just going to be hateful and call for me to be banned.
No, I am commenting for the people that may be lurking and possibly discouraged to not grow mushrooms because they thin they can't afford all of the fancy equipment.  To those people, again,  you can do it very cheaply AND efficiently.  Don't be discouraged
And yes the pics are mine, and yes I used the ghetto ass piece of shit flow hood for it lol

--------------------

- Ken Kesey

Invisibleruawakeyet
 User Gallery

Re: Box fan flowhoods, Glove boxes, Positive pressure boxes and Automated Mono-Tubs *DELETED* [Re: LiquidGlass] * 1
    #28021678 - 10/28/22 03:40 PM (1 year, 3 months ago)

InvisibleLiquidGlass
Glass Blower
 User Gallery

Re: Box fan flowhoods, Glove boxes, Positive pressure boxes and Automated Mono-Tubs [Re: ruawakeyet]
    #28021681 - 10/28/22 03:41 PM (1 year, 3 months ago)

There is no way you can say it's a turbulent airbox without actually seeing the design and how it flows

And I never told anyone to do one thing instead of another. I'm just saying what worked for me and that it can't work for other people

--------------------

- Ken Kesey

Edited by LiquidGlass (10/28/22 03:43 PM)

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Box fan flowhoods, Glove boxes, Positive pressure boxes and Automated Mono-Tubs [Re: ruawakeyet] * 2
    #28021682 - 10/28/22 03:41 PM (1 year, 3 months ago)

What an elitist :lol:

Quote:

LiquidGlass said:
There is no way you can say it's a turbulent airbox without actually seeing the design and how it flows

So what you're saying is that you're actually using laminar flow?:facepalm3:

So what is it then? Laminar flow or chaotic turbulent flow, there are only two choices here.

You've highjacked my thread to send out a PSA to noobs to not listen to the elitist dogma found in this thread, that we won't accept "alternative" methods; all I'm asking you for is clarity.

Invisibleruawakeyet
 User Gallery

Re: Box fan flowhoods, Glove boxes, Positive pressure boxes and Automated Mono-Tubs *DELETED* [Re: Stipe-n Cap] * 1
    #28021694 - 10/28/22 03:47 PM (1 year, 3 months ago)

InvisibleLiquidGlass
Glass Blower
 User Gallery

#28021699 - 10/28/22 03:51 PM (1 year, 3 months ago)

Quote:

ruawakeyet said:
I said "turbulent air contraption". I never called it a turbulent air box.

Dangit, you know how to manipulate someone into continuing to argue even when they said they were giving up.

Please don't misrepresent what I say again so I can actually give up this time.

Ok same point but replace "box" with "contraption". There is no way you could know how the air is flowing in my contraption

--------------------

- Ken Kesey

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Box fan flowhoods, Glove boxes, Positive pressure boxes and Automated Mono-Tubs [Re: LiquidGlass] * 2
    #28021704 - 10/28/22 03:56 PM (1 year, 3 months ago)

Quote:

LiquidGlass said:
There is no way you could know how the air is flowing in my contraption

I will ask you again,

Is your equipment designed for laminar flow or not?

Quote:

LiquidGlass said:
I am just commenting for the people that are wondering are on the fence if they can do it for less money or not. And for clarity,I would guess it's more in between a positive pressure box/boxfan flowhood. And I didn't use cardboard.
And for the people wondering, ignore the haters and elitists and just know that you actually can construct a decent flowhood with a boxfan.

Laminar flow is the result of geometry, velocity, and resistance. I can most certainly determine if the unit is capable of laminar flow just by looking at a build or by reading the details of it's design features.

Invisibleruawakeyet
 User Gallery

Re: Box fan flowhoods, Glove boxes, Positive pressure boxes and Automated Mono-Tubs *DELETED* [Re: LiquidGlass]
    #28021710 - 10/28/22 04:06 PM (1 year, 3 months ago)

Edited by ruawakeyet (10/28/22 04:09 PM)

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Box fan flowhoods, Glove boxes, Positive pressure boxes and Automated Mono-Tubs [Re: ruawakeyet] * 1
    #28021719 - 10/28/22 04:12 PM (1 year, 3 months ago)

He doesn't have an explanation for why his design should be effective against airborne particles, he won't explain if his design is capable of laminar flow or not; he has nothing to contribute other than to warn noobs against elitist dogmatism.

Thanks for your contribution.

InvisibleLiquidGlass
Glass Blower
 User Gallery

#28021730 - 10/28/22 04:19 PM (1 year, 3 months ago)

Quote:

ruawakeyet said:
Laminar flow without HEPA level filtration still does not equal a suitable alternative, even if you did have laminar flow.

I'll give you this much, you might not have a turbulent air contraption. If a box fan is what is powering it, you likely have no air flow at all. Merv 14 filters aren't even recommended for HVAC units, because it's too restrictive and will burn up the fan motor.

Even if it managed to push a little air through it, it won't be enough to work as a flowhood, and the filtering capacity just isn't going to cut it.

According to the EPA merv ratings, these are not even close to a HEPA filter, which captures 99.97% or above, clear down to 0.3 microns. Look at these merv ratings:

merv 13: 0.30-1.0 less than or equal to 50%
        1.0-3.0 less than or equal to 85%
        3.0-10.0 less than or equal to 90%

merv 14: 0.30-1.0 less than or equal to 75%
        1.0-3.0 less than or equal to 90%
        3.0-10.0 less than or equal to 95%

It defintely moves air, too much in fact so that I have to turn it down from full power.

--------------------

- Ken Kesey

InvisibleLiquidGlass
Glass Blower
 User Gallery

#28021732 - 10/28/22 04:20 PM (1 year, 3 months ago)

Quote:

p9hu7 said:
He doesn't have an explanation for why his design should be effective against airborne particles, he won't explain if his design is capable of laminar flow or not; he has nothing to contribute other than to warn noobs against elitist dogmatism.

Thanks for your contribution.

I already said that I'm not here to explain it to people like you. Especially when you will just accuse me of lying, like you already have

--------------------

- Ken Kesey

Invisibleruawakeyet
 User Gallery

Re: Box fan flowhoods, Glove boxes, Positive pressure boxes and Automated Mono-Tubs *DELETED* [Re: Stipe-n Cap]
    #28021742 - 10/28/22 04:28 PM (1 year, 3 months ago)

InvisibleLiquidGlass
Glass Blower
 User Gallery

#28021745 - 10/28/22 04:30 PM (1 year, 3 months ago)

Quote:

ruawakeyet said:
When I asked him if he has performed any open-air inoculations to compare against his device, I guess he was already performing open-air inoculations! There's no way he's getting any kind of FLOW from a box fan trying to push through 2 merv filters.

Thank you for your efforts to thwart such nonsense! You know how to actually help new growers.

Hey liquid, either you don't realize how badly you are potentially setting back new growers with this nonsense, or you're doing it intentionally. With your claim you are getting TOO MUCH airflow, and how you skipped over the fact that your filters are letting at least 25% of airborne particles pass right through, I'm leaning towards intentional.

It's moving enough air to easily blow a lighter flame out and severely affect a butane torch flame, so it is definitely flowing. Kind of ignorant to assume otherwise when you haven't even seen the contraption

And if by setting back growers you mean getting less than one out of a 100 jars going bad and 0 tubs going bad then I guess, yeah, I'm setting people back lol.

--------------------

- Ken Kesey

Edited by LiquidGlass (10/28/22 04:32 PM)

Invisibleruawakeyet
 User Gallery

#28021759 - 10/28/22 04:36 PM (1 year, 3 months ago)

InvisibleLiquidGlass
Glass Blower
 User Gallery

#28021775 - 10/28/22 04:50 PM (1 year, 3 months ago)

Quote:

ruawakeyet said:
Please shut us all up then. Show us this wonderful mervhood and a bunch of clean cultures on agar. Show us the laminar flow. The fact that it's blowing out your lighter is probably the turbulence, not the amount of air-flow. People using real laminar flowhoods don't run them fast enough to blow out a lighter, it should only bend the flame.

I'm tired of assuming when I haven't even seen it, so it's show and tell time!

Yeah, thats why I said I turn the power down lol. So it doesn't blow out the flame. Are you sure you can read well?
And I am not gonna show pics of my "contraption" when you will just spew more hate and vitriol and call for me to be banned some more. I would be glad to show you plenty of clean agar culture that was made in my contraption, I can snap some pics when I get home from work

--------------------

- Ken Kesey

Invisibleruawakeyet
 User Gallery

#28021794 - 10/28/22 05:06 PM (1 year, 3 months ago)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract