Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleHitapril
Whitemagelady
I'm a teapot User Gallery

APE curiosity * 1
    #27614365 - 01/10/22 06:36 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

I'm new to this process as well as this site so please excuse me if I'm posting in thr wrong spot. I finally started seeing pins (maybe they are considered something else now, I'm not sure) and wondered how long it generally takes for them to be ready to harvest and if there is any visual change to the mushrooms to let me know they are ready.

I'll include a picture of my little project. I honestly have no idea what I'm doing, just kinda winging it based off YouTube videos or forums I've seen. Please don't judge me on my setup, If you have any advice though I would greatly appreciated.

Edited by Hitapril (01/13/22 04:44 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblebigfootscreepyuncl
Stranger

Loc: Gamehenge
Re: APE curiosity [Re: Hitapril] * 1
    #27614404 - 01/10/22 07:11 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Looks good, you've definitely got some pins there. Ape are kinda slow but will reward you for your patience! If I had to guess I'd say you're 10-14 days from harvest. Apes are nice though because they'll tell you when they're ready: their caps will start to turn blue and their chunky stems will begin to soften up (probably pretty similar to the softness of a perfectly ripe banana lol).

Looks good, keep us posted with the results!

--------------------

I :heart: 5318008

NOT a virgin!

InvisibleHitapril
Whitemagelady

Re: APE curiosity [Re: bigfootscreepyuncl]
    #27614420 - 01/10/22 07:28 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

I will definitely post an update. 12-14 days, oh my... these tiny little bumps got so much bigger in the last 24 hours, I can't imagine them 12 days from now. Thank you for describing when they will be ready to harvest. Can't wait to see what happens, this hobby is so fun!

Invisiblefungusul
Fungus Kingdom

Re: APE curiosity [Re: Hitapril]
    #27614495 - 01/10/22 08:58 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Welcome To Shroomery! :mushroom2:

Nice cake! :dancer:

Foil should be slightly bigger than cake.

InvisibleHitapril
Whitemagelady

Re: APE curiosity [Re: fungusul]
    #27614704 - 01/11/22 04:47 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Oh, I had no idea about the foil size. I put the foil down just to keep it from getting too messy. Then again I have the meal prep containers under them too. I guess it's kinda redundant. I don't want to move them around much though so I'll fix it after this round of children grow up.

Do you think the tupperware party in yhe fruiting chamber hurt them growing?

InvisibleHitapril
Whitemagelady

Re: APE curiosity [Re: Hitapril] * 2
    #27616285 - 01/12/22 02:44 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

This one circled is certainly forming funny. Looks like a balloon.

Stranger

Re: APE curiosity [Re: Hitapril] * 1
    #27616293 - 01/12/22 02:47 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

:howyoudoing:

those are gonna be niiiice

--------------------

NOT a virgin!

Invisiblemilkboy
Child

#27616313 - 01/12/22 03:04 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

:whathesaid:
Those are beautiful!

--------------------
Gummies by milkboy
Milkboys Public Display of Affection

"Vires acquirit eundo"

Stranger

Re: APE curiosity [Re: milkboy]
    #27616454 - 01/12/22 05:18 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Just as a heads up - APE/PE smell like cat piss and ball sweat when they're in the dehydrator. My wife nearly strung me up the first time I dried 1000g of wet PE in the kitchen...PE gets dried in the garage now :lol:

--------------------

NOT a virgin!

InvisibleHitapril
Whitemagelady

#27616619 - 01/12/22 07:49 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Oh my... I have never had the misfortune of smelling the combination of those two, thank you for saving me from it. Do they taste as bad as they smell in the dehydrator?

Stranger

#27616645 - 01/12/22 08:20 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

I don't know from first hand experience as all my shit gets turned into chocolate, but I don't think so. My neighbors chomps them down the same as any other mushroom and has never said anything so I'm assuming they taste the same as all the others...which still isn't good, hence the chocolate :lol:

--------------------

NOT a virgin!

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

Loc: Rugby, England
    #27616837 - 01/13/22 12:20 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Welcome to Shroomery and congrats on getting fruits.
My first piece of advice, forget absoutlely EVERYthing you learned on YouTube and FB and start reading the teks here. I suggest starting with PF Tek, which it looks like you've already gotten some of the basic down with, so you'll have a headstart. The info on youtube and reddit is usually total trash. Glad it worked out for you, but you'll have much better results in the future if you learn a proper tek.

--------------------
(You Know What Time It Is)
Major Issues in the Psychedelic Movement: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27677086:elmo:
"You never have to prove the fool a fool, just let them speak."
Please, be an adult. Get vaccinated. Dont use psychedelics as an excuse. Dont come at me with some hippy dippy nonsense, GO GET VACCINATED.
Be Gay, Do Crime 161 1312

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27616838 - 01/13/22 12:21 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Hitapril said:
Oh my... I have never had the misfortune of smelling the combination of those two, thank you for saving me from it. Do they taste as bad as they smell in the dehydrator?

Yes, yes they do lol. A flavored tea will significantly cut down on gross factor if you're not a fan of the taste/smell and will help with nausea. Be safe have fun

--------------------
Major Issues in the Psychedelic Movement: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27677086:elmo:
Please, be an adult. Get vaccinated. Dont use psychedelics as an excuse. Dont come at me with some hippy dippy nonsense, GO GET VACCINATED.

InvisibleHitapril
Whitemagelady

Re: APE curiosity [Re: Ashtray161]
    #27617518 - 01/13/22 02:31 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks for the advice. I have failed quite a bit with copying techniques I saw on YouTube. I kinda am doing a mixture of what I have noticed started to work and just experiment. I found shroomery the day I started this thread, so I'm unfamiliar with where to look as far as techniques othet people have successfully used. I'm definitely up for reading and trying what works for others until I find my personal preferred way. I'll be sure to search when the insomnia hits later.

As far as the taste, I had some type called blue magnolia that I was given... they smelled like rotten beef jerky and did not taste much better even in chocolate. I'll definitely try using tea with these once they grow up.

Thank you :grin:

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27617527 - 01/13/22 02:35 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Hitapril said:
Thanks for the advice. I have failed quite a bit with copying techniques I saw on YouTube. I kinda am doing a mixture of what I have noticed started to work and just experiment. I found shroomery the day I started this thread, so I'm unfamiliar with where to look as far as techniques othet people have successfully used. I'm definitely up for reading and trying what works for others until I find my personal preferred way. I'll be sure to search when the insomnia hits later.

As far as the taste, I had some type called blue magnolia that I was given... they smelled like rotten beef jerky and did not taste much better even in chocolate. I'll definitely try using tea with these once they grow up.

Thank you :grin:

I'd hook you up with a link but I'm on my phone and dont want to lol but if you use the search function, have the results set for posts 3 years or younger and search PF Tek im sure you'll find a good write up. Maybe someone will be nice enough to post ya a link or when I get back to my computer and if I remember I will. Good luck!

Yea I used to be fine w the taste til one trip where I puked up mushrooms bits and koolaid and something changed lol. I cant stand the taste or smell of either now. I almost always make tea or capsules.

--------------------

OfflineVibetyme
Smoke 1
Male User Gallery

Loc: Florida
    #27617535 - 01/13/22 02:41 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Check this Updated PF Tek out.

Good luck OP! Looks like you did pretty well though.

--------------------
Vibetyme's LAGM 2.022

Vibetyme's LAGM_23

Vibetyme's LAGM_24

InvisibleHitapril
Whitemagelady

Re: APE curiosity [Re: Vibetyme]
    #27618055 - 01/14/22 02:45 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

These look so freaky yet in a way almost adorable to me.

InvisibleHitapril
Whitemagelady

#27618058 - 01/14/22 02:49 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Vibetyme said:
Check this Updated PF Tek out.

Good luck OP! Looks like you did pretty well though.

I will, thank you!

InvisibleHitapril
Whitemagelady

#27618309 - 01/14/22 09:34 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

bigfootscreepyuncl said:
Just as a heads up - APE/PE smell like cat piss and ball sweat when they're in the dehydrator. My wife nearly strung me up the first time I dried 1000g of wet PE in the kitchen...PE gets dried in the garage now :lol:

Is it normal for the caps to start turning a grey color? It also looks like the veil is breaking on a couple of the little fatties already :confused:

Stranger

#27618315 - 01/14/22 09:42 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Grey caps can be an indicator that they're drying out a little bit - PE varieties will suck a cake/substrate dry in no time. Broken veils usually mean they're getting close to harvest, but with albinos, especially PE varieties it isn't a big deal because they're not going to drop spores all over everything and make a mess.

The last picture you posted looks good though, I wouldn't harvest for a while. Feel free to post updated pictures if you want some more feedback :thumbup:

--------------------

NOT a virgin!

InvisibleHitapril
Whitemagelady

#27618481 - 01/14/22 12:05 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

bigfootscreepyuncl said:
Grey caps can be an indicator that they're drying out a little bit - PE varieties will suck a cake/substrate dry in no time. Broken veils usually mean they're getting close to harvest, but with albinos, especially PE varieties it isn't a big deal because they're not going to drop spores all over everything and make a mess.

The last picture you posted looks good though, I wouldn't harvest for a while. Feel free to post updated pictures if you want some more feedback :thumbup:

Here's the ones changing color. I thought there might be too much moisture though because all the white fuzz at the base.

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27618593 - 01/14/22 01:34 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Hitapril said:
Quote:

bigfootscreepyuncl said:

Here's the ones changing color. I thought there might be too much moisture though because all the white fuzz at the base.

Fuzzy feets are usually cause by a lack of FAE, and sometimes it just happens no matter what ime

--------------------

InvisibleHitapril
Whitemagelady

Re: APE curiosity [Re: Ashtray161] * 1
    #27620845 - 01/16/22 09:52 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Well, there was a snowstorm and around 3 am I realized I might have enough for a little side quest... plus they haven't changed much in size. They weighed 11 grams wet, I was shocked how dense these lil guys were.

This strain is definitely amazing, one I must learn how to cultivate more effectively.

InvisibleHitapril
Whitemagelady

#27620846 - 01/16/22 09:54 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

I did leave a couple attached to the cake though, just to see if anything changes in the next week before I dunk it again. I also read about shredding cakes and putting into what was called a shoebox tek, does that work better?

Stranger

#27620952 - 01/16/22 11:03 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Hitapril said:
Well, there was a snowstorm and around 3 am I realized I might have enough for a little side quest... plus they haven't changed much in size. They weighed 11 grams wet, I was shocked how dense these lil guys were.

This strain is definitely amazing, one I must learn how to cultivate more effectively.

Very nice, that 11g wet (~1.1g) dry APE should be more than enough to do the trick for ya :wink: APE is a peculiar variety that nearly requires cloning to become a heavy producer, but the nice thing about it is that it doesn't take much at all to send you into orbit lol.

Shredding your cakes into a shoebox doesn't work better in terms of higher yield but it might be easier to maintain good conditions. I've never done it but from what I've read making a shoebox with cakes will require about 4-6 cakes per shoebox but IMO it does seem like it would be easier than just fruiting a cake.

--------------------

NOT a virgin!

OfflineVibetyme
Smoke 1
Male User Gallery

#27621102 - 01/16/22 12:53 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

This shoebox Tek is a great one. 

My first time growing I did  break 4 cakes up with a cheese grater and I mixed that with coir and I added a little verm for moisture retention.  Then I put a top layer just like they did in the videos in that tek. Sprayed the top layer down and that was it.

I came back and unlatched the lid when I saw pins. Then put on another tub on top when the mushrooms grew tall and started pushing the lid.

It is way too easy.  Almost like cheating! :rockon:

--------------------
Vibetyme's LAGM 2.022

Vibetyme's LAGM_23

Vibetyme's LAGM_24

Offlinedangbro
Stranger

#27621113 - 01/16/22 12:58 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Good work for winging it, that looks amazing!

InvisibleHitapril
Whitemagelady

#27623717 - 01/18/22 03:47 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Vibetyme said:
This shoebox Tek is a great one. 

My first time growing I did  break 4 cakes up with a cheese grater and I mixed that with coir and I added a little verm for moisture retention.  Then I put a top layer just like they did in the videos in that tek. Sprayed the top layer down and that was it.

I came back and unlatched the lid when I saw pins. Then put on another tub on top when the mushrooms grew tall and started pushing the lid.

It is way too easy.  Almost like cheating! :rockon:

I made a shoebox with one of my extra cakes based odd that... hope it turns out well. Thank you!

InvisibleHitapril
Whitemagelady

#27623723 - 01/18/22 03:52 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

bigfootscreepyuncl said:
Quote:

Hitapril said:

Very nice, that 11g wet (~1.1g) dry APE should be more than enough to do the trick for ya :wink: APE is a peculiar variety that nearly requires cloning to become a heavy producer, but the nice thing about it is that it doesn't take much at all to send you into orbit lol.

Shredding your cakes into a shoebox doesn't work better in terms of higher yield but it might be easier to maintain good conditions. I've never done it but from what I've read making a shoebox with cakes will require about 4-6 cakes per shoebox but IMO it does seem like it would be easier than just fruiting a cake.

I did go ahead and shred one, I birthed a couple new cakes two days ago and they already have big pins, although some are kinda not growing as fast. First row is the APE, bottom bluish one I dunked again and I believe I was too rough... hence the blue. The next row are Amazonian (think I spelled it right) and thr last is just a shredded cake in a Tupperware... was just curious what would happen.

Offlinejordyjo
Female User Gallery

#27624124 - 01/19/22 02:41 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Hey there! If I’m not mistaken, these are BRF cakes, correct? You definitely could have let those APE go a little longer! No sweat, though. Patience is key. They’ll tell you when they’re ready. They can get a lot bigger than you expect or they can stay small and still pack a punch. When they are ready, the caps turn up, they start to bruise a bit sometimes and the stems get soft, just if you put a bit of pressure on it, it’ll give. Here are some pics of some APE I just harvested off of my cakes after 7 or so days. You’re doing great, by the way! I would suggest following some of the teks that have already been linked here. I’m working with agar now because I had a couple of big boys that I wanted to clone and it’s so much easier than dealing with jars and cakes. I’m doing a monotub next! Super exciting stuff. Anyway, great job and here you go:

As you can see, I got some really decently sized fruits. Then some of them were a little smaller but they were soft and ready to go. Oh, by the way, APE is the strongest mushroom I’ve ever eaten. It’s worth it to give them time. I chopped up 3.4 grams WET, ate it by the handful and had one of the most intense trips I’ve ever experienced. And I’ve tripped enough. 10/10 would eat again. Can’t wait to have a whole tub of those big daddies!! Mush love!

InvisibleGoatrider
Rhythm Guitarist
Male

Loc: Germany Flag
Re: APE curiosity [Re: jordyjo]
    #27624125 - 01/19/22 02:52 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

You won't store them fresh in a plastic bag, will ya? :wink:

:cookiemonster:

--------------------

InvisibleHitapril
Whitemagelady

#27624190 - 01/19/22 06:00 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

jordyjo said:
Hey there! If I’m not mistaken, these are BRF cakes, correct? You definitely could have let those APE go a little longer! No sweat, though. Patience is key. They’ll tell you when they’re ready. They can get a lot bigger than you expect or they can stay small and still pack a punch. When they are ready, the caps turn up, they start to bruise a bit sometimes and the stems get soft, just if you put a bit of pressure on it, it’ll give. Here are some pics of some APE I just harvested off of my cakes after 7 or so days. You’re doing great, by the way! I would suggest following some of the teks that have already been linked here. I’m working with agar now because I had a couple of big boys that I wanted to clone and it’s so much easier than dealing with jars and cakes. I’m doing a monotub next! Super exciting stuff. Anyway, great job and here you go:

As you can see, I got some really decently sized fruits. Then some of them were a little smaller but they were soft and ready to go. Oh, by the way, APE is the strongest mushroom I’ve ever eaten. It’s worth it to give them time. I chopped up 3.4 grams WET, ate it by the handful and had one of the most intense trips I’ve ever experienced. And I’ve tripped enough. 10/10 would eat again. Can’t wait to have a whole tub of those big daddies!! Mush love!

Oooh neat. I haven't seen any in the forums of the APE getting that big off a cake, only in tubs. Your right about them going a little longer, I just wanted to have fun while I was snowed in so I just went ahead lol. I'm definitely going to keep trying until I perfect a method that works best for me. I only do this for personal use anyway so I don't need to be concerned with growing TONS but, it would be nice to have a nice little garden. Thanks for thr photos and input, 😁

Offlinejordyjo
Female User Gallery

Re: APE curiosity [Re: Goatrider]
    #27624316 - 01/19/22 08:42 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

See, I think you’re messing with me, but I’m cloning that one soo...less than 24 h in the fridge because it was ready and I wasn’t :tongue:

Offlinejordyjo
Female User Gallery

#27624321 - 01/19/22 08:45 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Hitapril said:
Quote:

jordyjo said:

Oooh neat. I haven't seen any in the forums of the APE getting that big off a cake, only in tubs. Your right about them going a little longer, I just wanted to have fun while I was snowed in so I just went ahead lol. I'm definitely going to keep trying until I perfect a method that works best for me. I only do this for personal use anyway so I don't need to be concerned with growing TONS but, it would be nice to have a nice little garden. Thanks for thr photos and input, ��

Quote:

Hitapril said:
Quote:

jordyjo said:

Oooh neat. I haven't seen any in the forums of the APE getting that big off a cake, only in tubs. Your right about them going a little longer, I just wanted to have fun while I was snowed in so I just went ahead lol. I'm definitely going to keep trying until I perfect a method that works best for me. I only do this for personal use anyway so I don't need to be concerned with growing TONS but, it would be nice to have a nice little garden. Thanks for thr photos and input, 😁

Of course!! And I definitely am not telling you how to grow your mushrooms or what to do with them and when, I just wanted to show you from my experience that the fruits can get quite large and it surprised me a lot! Have fun, mush love.

InvisibleHitapril
Whitemagelady

#27625326 - 01/20/22 04:32 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Still tryin...here's an updizzle of my ape brf cakes and their roommates the Amazonian.

InvisibleHitapril
Whitemagelady

#27625377 - 01/20/22 06:23 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

I keep reading about spores not dropping from these suckers, but I want to at least try to get some from this giant helmet head once it's bigger. So far out of 3 cakes it had the most promise. I have some b+ spores that I got from a print and then put on an agar plate which worked...

once this guy is about to bust open, could I harvest, put the cap on an agar plate  in a dust free sterile environment and try to have what little spores there are fall directly on it? Or should I use foil... or is there another way my noob self can't think of?

OfflineAbabyphoenix
You

Loc: Human Body
    #27625410 - 01/20/22 07:15 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

APE is Albino which makes its spores translucent. Its very possible to print it like regular cubes you just have to get them to open up correctly, make an invisible print, then swipe that on agar. For PE people usually just use sterile swabs in the gills to collect the spores then swipe that since again getting them to open right is not gunna happen all the time.

--------------------

:sporedrop::aum:Pho's MushiAventures::aum::sporedrop:
:heartpump:My '21 GLOG:heartpump:
:peace: LAGM 2022 :peace:

OfflineVibetyme
Smoke 1
Male User Gallery

Re: APE curiosity [Re: Ababyphoenix] * 1
    #27625725 - 01/20/22 11:58 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

+1 for swabbing helmet head!

I wouldn't trust the spores falling off for a print.

--------------------
Vibetyme's LAGM 2.022

Vibetyme's LAGM_23

Vibetyme's LAGM_24

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

Re: APE curiosity [Re: Ababyphoenix]
    #27625750 - 01/20/22 12:13 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Ababyphoenix said:
APE is Albino which makes its spores translucent. Its very possible to print it like regular cubes you just have to get them to open up correctly, make an invisible print, then swipe that on agar. For PE people usually just use sterile swabs in the gills to collect the spores then swipe that since again getting them to open right is not gunna happen all the time.

I might b wrong here but I've always understood that the spores just dont drop, nothing about them being translucent. When I take swabs from APEs I can see dark colored spores come off

--------------------

InvisibleHitapril
Whitemagelady

#27626058 - 01/20/22 04:30 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Swab it is. I got anothet cake with a tiny mutant growing. It's pretty weird... might try to clone the freaky one too. Thanks for the swab advice.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck