Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
does what you believe....
    #2755805 - 06/02/04 02:58 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

have any correlation to what you like or want?

does it have anything to do with your personality?

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: does what you believe.... [Re: kaiowas]
    #2755815 - 06/02/04 03:06 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Post History Deleted Upon User's Request

Anonymous

#2759104 - 06/02/04 11:10 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Post History Deleted Upon User's Request

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
    #2759590 - 06/03/04 03:02 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Most beliefs serve some personal needs. A person who is a complete asshole usually believes there is an all forgiving god...

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: does what you believe.... [Re: SpecialEd]
    #2759624 - 06/03/04 03:20 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

i would agree, i'd say spiritual beliefs in particular tend to stem from wants.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
Re: does what you believe.... [Re: SpecialEd]
    #2759888 - 06/03/04 07:31 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I don't know about that, man.

I know plenty of complete assholes who are like that solely because they've come to believe there is no god and no repercussion for their actions. They think "we're all screwed anyway, so I'm gonna take what I can for me while I'm here."

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: does what you believe.... [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #2760095 - 06/03/04 09:08 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

i think what you believe is Definetly correlated to your personality.
How could it not be?
A loving, nurturing person is likely to reflect that in their choice of spirituality, just as someone who chooses a loving, nurturing spirituality is likely to reflect that in their personality, or at least try to

Offlinepeleg
Gypsy
Loc: Christ Light
Re: does what you believe.... [Re: Moonshoe]
    #2760343 - 06/03/04 10:30 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

i use to make it fit my personality until i had an awakeing experince and found that what i had believed my whole life was wrong and that for me truly walking in faith goes against my feelings and own ideas.  It's kinda like I trade my own thoughts in for that of a Higher Order,peace Gypsy :grin:

--------------------
"Well the first days are the hardest days." When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.....

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
    #2760399 - 06/03/04 10:44 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

mmmmm hmmm mmm

yes lots of people believe in reincarnation and karma because they fear themselves, as in how they'd behave if there wasn't a universal system to keep them in line. These people are weak.

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #2761354 - 06/03/04 08:20 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Definately

--------------------
What?

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: does what you believe.... [Re: Mixomatosis]
    #2762829 - 06/04/04 10:14 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I believe you are all correct and incorrect :grin:

In all seriousness though here's my thinking and please rip it apart as much as you can :smile:  the more points of view the better.

it really depends on how much ego and logic were used when you believed in something in order for it to have a correlation between what you like and a belief.

For some time I believed that god existed as a tyrannical monotheistic lord.  I was brainwashed with this notion because when I was young, I was told it was true.  I believed it, but I didn't really have an opinion about it.  There never was the question of it's validity either.

later on when I rejected this idea of god, I figured that there wasn't one at all.  I unknowingly at the time had given myself yet another label and belief system, that being atheist. I liked it too, because I was it my subconscious way of rebelling, I revaled in it, and in this way it was fully tied to my likes.  why?  Mainly because i thought that everything that I did would have any consequences in that "afterlife." It made sense to me logically. my ego loved it because it was like, all that mattered was me, and that's it. 

then came my favorite trip on mushrooms, where I had all of my beliefs dropped in a heartbeat, not egoloss, but the logic I was using at that time was slightly different.  It pointed to the fact that I really didn't know what was going on at all.  I had no stinking clue, just that I was me, and I was even calling that into question very soon after. My mind called my existence into question after that as I marveled at everything around me.  I felt as thought I was in heaven, and then I was in hell.  Everything felt new to me, and then really old. 

I felt as though I had been tricked all this time.  This started given my mind clues that maybe heaven and hell are just concepts and that all there ever is and was is now.  this is how it felt, not because of my ego, but because of the type of thought process i was using.  this had nothing to do with likes and dislikes, it just happened, and took in the experience. 

I guess what I am trying to get at here is that logic and the ego are intertwined with each other, and that it is important to differentiate them both, especially when concerning beliefs.  I realized, that no matter what belief system I had before, it can and might possibly change. I look back and see how I had totally convinced myself that a certain idea was true without seeing or experiencing any kind of proof at all. my trip on mushrooms changed my thought patterns and soon new ideas came up and new ideas have been torn down and yet we all have belief system don't we?

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

OfflineZoekend
Stranger
Loc: NL
    #2762912 - 06/04/04 10:44 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I think it does have something to do with your personality in general ... the way I see it, there is spirituality, religion and morality.

Spirituality is something that the individual feels. Religion is the result of a group of humans codifying their group spirituality, which has led to morality -- the definition of what is OK behavior regardless of the spirituality or religion.

Anyhow, I feel that your personality and spirituality are intertwined and the Great Power (call it what you like, give it as many heads as you like) will generate some kind of internal motion where the two echo off each other.

Are you a person who looks for validation? Or are you someone comfortable being out on a limb? The prepackaged spirituality in a religion can be very comforting, and for some, very fulfilling.

But for others who prefer to take things in their own hands, their spirituality will by necessity (in order for it to actually have meaning) take on a more investigative nature.

The "deep down unexplainable" is the fuel in the engine for each individual, but how that gets expressed is through the filter of each person's existence.

I got into an interesting discussion with the people from the Jesus bus outside a party I went to this past Saturday. Personally I see Christianity as a big part of the human spiritual history, but by no means the end all be all -- it's part of a much larger experience and has been too corrupted by mortals to be taken literally. The Jesus people were adamant that there is only one way ...

If God (for lack of a better term) made each of us in His image, and each one of us is absolutely unique, then not only is your relationship with the Power a very individual and close one, but that is precisely what makes it so powerful. What each person believes (even atheists, in my view) is a direct result of the Power working its way through the individual ...

So yes, I would say that what you believe is a result of your personality ... but how much of it works the other way around? How much of your personality is a result of what you believe?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order