Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Lava Lamp

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinebeatlebangboy
Absinthe-ian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bum Fuck Florida
Mushrooms and death
    #2761321 - 06/03/04 10:04 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I don't know if this issue has been addressed here (at some point or another it probably was) and I havn't seen it addressed here, so here goes:
My mom passed away on March 22nd. I have not eaten any mushrooms since last Thanksgiving and I have been thinking about doing a moderate dose. Am I gonna get on a thinking tangent that's gonna wish I didn't eat em'? I know I'm not gonna think about the death itself, seeing how I was in the hospital room 10 minutes after she passed away. Those images will always be etched in my brain forever. Not to mention the sight of my mom in a coffin. Did anybody have either a good or bad experience on shrooms after a close person died?
I know that my mother loved me and she wouldn't scare me if there is an afterlife. But I was just wondering if the thought of her in my head will lead to a negative experience.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinegbhtrfv
journeyman
Re: Mushrooms and death [Re: beatlebangboy]
    #2761477 - 06/03/04 11:06 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

sorry to hear about your mother.

on the note of tripping, it's really impossible for other people to tell you if someone's death will influence you trip in a bad way. are you still feeling sad about her passing? if so, i'd avoid tripping. if you feel you have dealt with her passing and you know whole-heartedly that you have moved on, then i believe it will not influence you in a bad way.

here's a thought if you really have trouble clearing your thoughts of her (depending on whether you want to trip with her in mind, or not.) just try remembering the good times you had with her, write it down (as we tend to lose focus when tripping), and if anything bad happens, just look back to the paper and let your memories come back.

i hope that helps, though it doesn't really answer your question: anybody have either a good or bad experience on shrooms after a close person died?

Offlinebeatlebangboy
Absinthe-ian
Male User Gallery

Re: Mushrooms and death [Re: gbhtrfv]
    #2761928 - 06/04/04 01:10 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

My mom and me hated each other for a major part of our lives. In the last few years of her life, though, we made up and had a great relationship. Which I suggest to everybody out there who is fighting with their parents to do. Yeah, I guess I will remember the last few years when we were really close. And if I find any bad points during my peaking periods I will not get paranoid and start thinking weird thoughts. My mom wouldn't want that for me. Even though she was against drugs, if she is looking down on me she wouldn't want me freaking out.
Thanks for your condolences, I really appreciate it!!

Offlinegbhtrfv
journeyman
    #2762152 - 06/04/04 03:04 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

good luck on you next trip.

out of curiosity, what do you plan for set and setting?

InvisibleDreaMaTrix
Shaman I am

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Falling into place
    #2762464 - 06/04/04 08:52 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Sometimes psychedelics can help one to understand/come to terms with death.

They can also frighten you.

Sometimes they can release emotions, and you spend the whole trip in tears, this isn't a bad thing!

Its your choice, if you don't feel the timing is right, wait awhile, there's no rush.

--------------------

"We are the one's we have been waiting for" - Hopi saying

OfflinepsilocyberV
old hand

#2762587 - 06/04/04 10:16 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Beatle,

We share a very common experience. I lost my Mom when I was younger, but we too fought for a long time and eventually made up and had a WONDERFUL relationship in the year or two leading up to her fight with Cancer.

To those whom still have a mom, your mother is the most precous thing you have, take good care of her, respect her, and develop a deep relationship with her... you never know when something like that will end.

Now about your tripping question. There really isn't any way to know if your mind will go on that tangent when you are in the middle of the experience. The fact that you are dicussing it before hand leads me to believe that you will be pre-deposed to thinking about it at some point during the experience. This may lead to some unpleasant thoughts, or what some would call a "bad trip" but IMHO "bad trips" are just yoru mind's way of dealing with the skeltons in your closet. Chances are no matter what the actual experience or emotions you have during the trip, you will come out if it with a better understanding and have some sort of peace regarding your mom's passing.

Take care and good luck. Healing from something like this takes YEARS.. don't be afraid to admit it.

Offlinebeatlebangboy
Absinthe-ian
Male User Gallery

Re: Mushrooms and death [Re: psilocyber]
    #2762837 - 06/04/04 12:17 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

psilocyber said:
Beatle,

To those whom still have a mom, your mother is the most precous thing you have, take good care of her, respect her, and develop a deep relationship with her... you never know when something like that will end.

AMEN!!!
When I read that particular part of your post, I gotta admit I was a bit teary eyed. I miss my mom. You are so right when you said that she is the most precious thing you'll have in life.
I think that just discussing this out with compassionate people, like all of you, I am gonna hold off for maybe a month and let a little more water flow under the bridge.
As far as a setting goes, that's a tough one. I usually stay indoors surrounded with my music and psycodelia (black lights, lava lamps, weird psycodelic crap that blows your mind while tripping and DVD's) but you know, that's getting played out. I really need a change of scene. I would love the great outdoors, however, it's sooooo hot in the south in the summer, not to mention all the bugs (and they do grow them large around here). If you ever went to Disney, which I just did, I would love to trip in the fake forrest of the "E.T. Go Home"attraction. That's a cool place. The problem is getting to a place by car because nothing here is in walking distance and I'd hate to get pulled over by a cop while tripping.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Lava Lamp

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience