Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | Next > | Last >
OfflineSpaceBabyS
alchemist
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: SPACE
Re: LAGM version 2.022 [Re: bigfootscreepyuncl] * 1
    #27611493 - 01/08/22 07:11 PM (1 year, 30 days ago)

I prepared to do some T1s last night from the laarge number of successfully germinated plates.

I found out #I had to, instead, pour more plates. Pleased I atill had 2,000 mL in media bottles in the mycofridge.
Another pour is next. After another coffee.

--------------------
SpaceBaby
SPACEBABY'S LAGM22 THREAD
MUSHBOY'S SHROOM TEA TEK

Me as a cube

Another Day's Work:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblebigfootscreepyuncl
Stranger

Loc: Gamehenge
Re: LAGM version 2.022 [Re: SpaceBaby]
    #27611502 - 01/08/22 07:17 PM (1 year, 30 days ago)

Not having enough plates is the worst lol. Well, almost the worst..I was going to do some transfers first thing this morning before my house woke up and homework became priority but my damn neighbor called and needed me to help change her tire so now my day is all out of whack and I'll be lucky to do some midnight transfers..oh well, that's life I guess

--------------------

I :heart: 5318008

NOT a virgin!

Offlinerockyfungus
dirty
 User Gallery

Loc: Front range
Re: LAGM version 2.022 [Re: bigfootscreepyuncl]
    #27611519 - 01/08/22 07:28 PM (1 year, 30 days ago)

Everything's germed for me except Sempervivae. Just germed this like a month ago. Sent the print all across the world. Hope it's just slow. Sorry if you're waiting on my semps.

InvisiblePsicomvb
not a weirdo
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: LAGM version 2.022 [Re: rockyfungus] * 1
    #27611562 - 01/08/22 08:15 PM (1 year, 30 days ago)

Joining this madhouse :rave:

Psicomvb - LAGM 2022

Cultivating:
- P.  Galindoi (probably is actually tampenensis)
- Panaeolus Cyanaescen Jambo
- Malabar (cubensis)

Going to grow different species that I've never cultivated before.  I want to challenge myself a bit :smile: cubes are kewl so I'm also growing Malabar from a print I took a year ago.

Good luck everyone! I will keep updating and touching up this post.

Put spores to agar for all 3 kinds a few days ago so I'll post some pics the next time I'm at the spot :smile:

Edited by Psicomvb (01/08/22 08:52 PM)

Stranger

Re: LAGM version 2.022 [Re: Psicomvb] * 1
    #27611570 - 01/08/22 08:21 PM (1 year, 30 days ago)

Quote:

Psicomvb said:
Joining this madhouse :rave:

Psicomvb - LAGM 2022

Cultivating:
- P.  Galindoi
- Panaeolus Cyanaescen Jambo
- Malabar (cubensis)

Going to grow different species that I've never cultivated before.  I want to challenge myself a bit :smile: cubes are kewl so I'm also growing Malabar from a print I took a year ago.

Good luck everyone! I will keep updating and touching up this post.

Put spores to agar for all 3 kinds a few days ago so I'll post some pics the next time I'm at the spot :smile:

fuck yea, welcome aboard! I've got you added to the OP so you can use the link I provided to find your post more easily

--------------------

NOT a virgin!

OfflineSpaceBabyS
alchemist

#27611812 - 01/08/22 11:39 PM (1 year, 30 days ago)

Quote:

Quote:

fuck yea, welcome aboard! I've got you added to the OP so you can use the link I provided to find your post more easily

BFCU, you are making bank on post-mortem paradise what with the effort you're putting into this for us all.

How many hours later, space goes to pour a sleeve...:lamastare:

--------------------
SpaceBaby
SPACEBABY'S LAGM22 THREAD
MUSHBOY'S SHROOM TEA TEK

Me as a cube

Another Day's Work:

Stranger

Re: LAGM version 2.022 [Re: SpaceBaby]
    #27611828 - 01/08/22 11:58 PM (1 year, 30 days ago)

Quote:

SpaceBaby said: BFCU, you are making bank on post-mortem paradise what with the effort you're putting into this for us all.

Every little bit helps :lol: plus it's either study full time or take little breaks to jump over here. 90% of my school work is done on the computer so I just flip between tabs and make it work.

If shroomery starts to interfere with my school too much I'll self-ban for a week or two to reset ma brayne

--------------------

NOT a virgin!

OfflineJXAllen
Cannalyst

Re: LAGM version 2.022 [Re: bigfootscreepyuncl]
    #27612113 - 01/09/22 04:56 AM (1 year, 30 days ago)

I just checked on my plates. 4/5 have clear growth I can see with my eyes.  Nothing I can get clear pictures of yet though.  There are one or two, 1/4 inch, rings of mycelium on each plate. I used an inoculation loop, and could not see any spores with my eyes on inoculation. So,  I'm thinking it's because I'm starting with far fewer spores than from a liquid suspension from a spore syringe. Hopefully it'll be thick enough to get pictures of soon!

--------------------
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that do not.
JXAllen's LAGM2022 Log/Cultures I'm workin on

Invisiblekreg
Shoebox Enthusiast+

Loc: sloosination🏳
Re: LAGM version 2.022 [Re: JXAllen] * 3
    #27612158 - 01/09/22 05:48 AM (1 year, 30 days ago)

I'm working on LAGM sticker/banner/16:9 thing now everyone thank Atomsplit for his hard work on the original design and idea!!
here's the reworked base image if anyone else wants to jump in

and png with transparency

here's where i'm at so far YO BIGFOOTSCREEPYUNCLE check your :pm:s I am requesting a shroom canopy pic from you to place into the background of this image, I think that'd be hot, and you deserve the honor duder!!!! Thanks again for all your hard work!

hit me with all your comments and criticisms and requests BUT PLEASE PM ONLY lets keep this thread quiet and tidy right! I am still working on this, more to come soon!
Graffiti style

Edited by kreg (01/10/22 02:42 AM)

OfflineSpaceBabyS
alchemist

Re: LAGM version 2.022 [Re: kreg] * 2
    #27612173 - 01/09/22 06:03 AM (1 year, 30 days ago)

Noice, kreg. Love the dry brush effect it breaks into.

----------------------------------------------------------

Poured about 40 more plates today. Transfer City here we come.

Umm Guys, is there a way I can post anonymized video? So far, I can only post out of Vimeo or YouTube and both of those are very identifiable professional accounts. Should I just make a 'fake' vimeo account under spacebaby?? With a spoofed email? And TOR to log in via?

UPDATE [photos only till I get a satisfactory answer to the video post thingie]

Edited by SpaceBaby (01/09/22 06:12 AM)

OfflineAbabyphoenix
You

Loc: Human Body
Re: LAGM version 2.022 [Re: bigfootscreepyuncl] * 2
    #27612213 - 01/09/22 06:27 AM (1 year, 30 days ago)

ALl my APEU plates took off in the past day. showing a dime worth or a bit less growth one basically every plate along with all the badies. Ill get T1s and pictures out tommorow :rockon: Hopefully yours are coming along @smartattack

--------------------

:sporedrop::aum:Pho's MushiAventures::aum::sporedrop:
:heartpump:My '21 GLOG:heartpump:
:peace: LAGM 2022 :peace:

OfflineBSUUF2
derails threads

Loc: not that important
Re: LAGM version 2.022 [Re: Ababyphoenix] * 1
    #27612319 - 01/09/22 08:15 AM (1 year, 30 days ago)

APEU, CRS and RW are on agar and something has germinated on my Trinity (from leucistic fruitbodies) and Melmak x Avery's plates, it's neither white (or green...) yet...

--------------------
LAGM2022

Invisiblecoversall
إِنْ شَاءَ ٱللَهُ
 Unread Journal

Loc: संसार
Re: LAGM version 2.022 [Re: BSUUF2] * 6
    #27612465 - 01/09/22 03:13 PM (1 year, 29 days ago)

..:: Late to the party! ::..

:spun:

Species: Pan cyan
Variety: Wild Coast Red Spore
I tried this one a while back and got some ugly retard fruit.
So I got myself a bunch of tiny 135ml jars so I can run a load at once.
Going to try and find a clone that isn't too ugly or retarded!
Will follow my normal approach, see link in sig for details.
:smileyfrog:

Rolling gantt chart

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Plates poured yesterday.
Spores streaked today.

Agar mix: 9g agar agar // 8g LME // 500ml water

NB: My life is a little unstable at the moment, as I'm sure is the case with many.
There have been some rumblings that I may need to travel in the near future.
I'm just going to plow on in the hope I have time to see this all through.
But there is a chance my LAGM will get interupted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Germination has occured.

NB: Things are a little chilly here I think the pans might be a bit slower, I hope it doesn't
impact them too much as I've had grows go a bit wrong due to low temps before.

Early T1s taken.

NB: Took a bit of a gamble and based on Asura's post here took some very early T1s.

Took some more T1s from the germ plates
and some T2s from the early T1s.

NB: Kind of fiddling around with the agar work atm. Hoping to make 5 different LCs in a week or so's time.
Aiming to make them from different plates to increase my range of genetics I grow from.
Nothing really worth taking pics of yet...

Agar futzing complete.
I'm happy enough with the growth on these plates.

NB: Going to hopefully get my LC broths cooked on Wed then I'll
throw some of these in them.

LC broth cooked.
20 mins at 15 psi.

Broth: 1g LME // 500ml water

NB: Nothing special, split the 500ml into 5 100ml batches.

LC nocd. Used a different culture for each one.

NB: All went fine...

...until

:doublefacepalm:

Such is life.

Just a quick thought.

NB: Taking the early T1s is something I've done in the past, however, there
seemed to be little difference between the later T1s on ths run. Going forward I will still grab the early
colonies according to Asura's approach, but will also look to take later T1s too as the myc
develops I can see desirable traits a bit better. Maybe as my eye gets more refined I will get
better at selecting the early T1s in a more informed manner.

Minor update

NB: LCs seem to be going ok, going slower than other pans I've grown but are
looking like they are going at a similar pace to the last time I tried WCRS. I reckon this batch
will take closer to two weeks to be ready.

LC update

NB: LCs are good to go imo. Bang on the two week mark. So slower growth than I wanted but
in line with my last WCRS grow. Temps have been less than ideal in my house which have contributed. I can't
remember what time of year I ran my last WCRS grow. But maybe I'll need to give them another run in
the summer. Will cook up 15 little pan cakes tomorrow and noc them the day after if all goes to plan.

Pan-cakes made.
In the PC for 1 hour 45 mins.

Cake mix: 1 part BRF // 1.5 part manure // 1.?? part verm // 1 part water // ?? part straw // pinch of gypsum

NB: Started out with my more normal mix, see my pan link in my sig for it. But then added
a bit of extra verm to dry it out a little as I figured squirting LC into these smaller jars could upset
the moisture a bit. I also through in some chopped straw, as it was there on hand.

Cakes nocd.

NB: Each LC went into 3 cakes. 15 cakes in totaly. I sterilised old syringes which is
something I haven't done in ages. So am feeling unsure about that. Fingers crossed it all works out.
Now the waiting game...

Cake update

NB: Little worried about temp swings, but nothing I can really do about that atm.

Lets goooooooo
Cased and in the FC.

Casing mix: 1 part verm // 1 part peat moss // 1 part boiling water // pinch o' gypsum

NB: Lucked out here, had just enough verm to make just enough casing for the15 jars.
I mix the casing stuff dry, break up any peat moss clumps, then add the boiling water.
I wrap the tub in bubble wrap and let it cool over night.
The casing is spread thin on the cakes, just enough to cover the myc. Then I give it a
good spray down to get it nice and damp.
See this link for details on the FC.

Jar update

NB: Everything seems to be coming along nicely, the myc came to life and
started working through the casing very quickly. Conditions in the FC seem ok.

Pins

NB: First pins appeared yesterday, with the other jars starting to show some too.
Not expecting very good pin sets going off the last time I grew these. But holding out for something
worth cloning!

Hand watered the casing

NB: I think the casing mix was on the dry side when I first applied it,
that and maybe the extra shelf spacing in the FC seem to have lead to the casing
drying out more than it has done in the past. I probably should have picked up
on that earlier and watered it a day or two ago. But better late than never. All
watered today and looking better. Nice number of little pins showing themselves now.
Few of the early starters really starting to grow up.

Early starters close to being harvested and cloned.

NB: The early pins have now started to drop spores so will pull them up and clone or two
hopefully this evening, but maybe tomorrow. Then hopefully the rest of the pins will mature in the next two
or three days and I'll see what else I have to play with.
UPDATE: Actually got myself into gear and picked the mature fruit and took my clones. Will see how
bacterial the plates are after the weekend...

Total harvest and conclusion.
Good fun! Great grows everyone!
Untill next year!

NB: I felt like the grow had shown me what it had so I pulled the rest and shut it down.
The last fruit were better than my first round, but there wasn't really anything there I wanted to clone.
Ended up with a nice little jars worth, enough for a fun evening or two, I didn't weight cos I'm lazy!

All in all fairly happy with how it all went. The clones I took are looking clean enough to work with
which is exciting. I'll probably continue with that in a journal so you can check up on it there if you fancy!

:carlton:

Edited by coversall (03/23/22 08:24 PM)

Stranger

Re: LAGM version 2.022 [Re: coversall] * 2
    #27612846 - 01/09/22 08:37 PM (1 year, 29 days ago)

Fuck yea coversall glad to have you in here! I got you in the OP. Can't wait to see these pan grows :rockon:

--------------------

NOT a virgin!

OfflineChrlsDxtrWrdS
Male User Gallery

Loc: Innsmouth Massachusetts
    #27612891 - 01/09/22 09:27 PM (1 year, 29 days ago)

Updated! Stuff is going on! I am a little nervous about what to cut.

InvisibleAtomsplit
 User Gallery

Loc: SAB
Re: LAGM version 2.022 [Re: ChrlsDxtrWrd]
    #27612904 - 01/09/22 09:34 PM (1 year, 29 days ago)

Quote:

ChrlsDxtrWrd said:
Updated! Stuff is going on! I am a little nervous about what to cut.

I'm a n00b just my opinion.

Looks like you got areas to transfer on the first (2 o'clock) and last plate (2-4 o'clock). :rockon:
The leading edge of the organized growth.

--------------------

Edited by Atomsplit (01/09/22 09:42 PM)

Stranger

Re: LAGM version 2.022 [Re: ChrlsDxtrWrd]
    #27612915 - 01/09/22 09:41 PM (1 year, 29 days ago)

Jack Frost, TAT and Gandalf are all looking good. I'll probably take T1 and update my log tomorrow if I can find the time. I'm pretty sure Albino Cambo has germinated but I'm still waiting for it to show itself a little better.

Unrelated to LAGM I decided to rush through a bunch of T2s last night instead of doing them today and take my time so I'm sure I just created a bunch of extra work for myself :mad2: that was a very frustrating session in my SAB. Ever second or third transfer I tried taking would get plugged up in my stainless steel straw which caused me to waste several of the better pieces I was trying to transfer so I switched over to my scalpel and realized how fucking sloppy I am with a scalpel :facepalm:

--------------------

NOT a virgin!

InvisibleAtomsplit
 User Gallery

Loc: SAB
Re: LAGM version 2.022 [Re: bigfootscreepyuncl] * 3
    #27612920 - 01/09/22 09:50 PM (1 year, 29 days ago)

Quote:

bigfootscreepyuncl said:
Unrelated to LAGM I decided to rush through a bunch of T2s last night instead of doing them today and take my time so I'm sure I just created a bunch of extra work for myself :mad2: that was a very frustrating session in my SAB. Ever second or third transfer I tried taking would get plugged up in my stainless steel straw which caused me to waste several of the better pieces I was trying to transfer so I switched over to my scalpel and realized how fucking sloppy I am with a scalpel :facepalm:

Hey BF

These little hiccups come up for me all the time and I don't see them ever stopping. :lol:

The big one for me is remembering not to rush and do agar work when I have lots of time and relaxed.

I'm sure you will be fine with the transfers. Just sucks atm. Just keep plugging away.

Thanks for running the LAGM! You're bossing it.

--------------------

OfflineChrlsDxtrWrdS
Male User Gallery

Loc: Innsmouth Massachusetts
Re: LAGM version 2.022 [Re: Atomsplit] * 1
    #27612929 - 01/09/22 09:55 PM (1 year, 29 days ago)

Dude thanks! My thoughts too!

Stranger

Re: LAGM version 2.022 [Re: Atomsplit] * 1
    #27612936 - 01/09/22 10:04 PM (1 year, 29 days ago)

Thanks for the words of encouragement @Atomsplit! I'm mostly aggravated at myself for even starting all my transfers last night because I knew I'd be rushed and I know how it always turns out in that situation lol. Oh well, it's all part of the process. I guess having patience in this hobby doesn't only apply to waiting for colonization and pinning but also to finding the right (or at least enough) time to do the work.

I'm glad you're enjoying LAGM, it definitely makes all the effort spent feel more worth it. I love that LAGM tag in your sig :rockon:

--------------------

NOT a virgin!

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | Next > | Last >

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds