Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleCreonAntigone
Stranger

Recipes for the control of gender using psychedelics * 1
    #27531805 - 11/05/21 07:31 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

RECIPE 1: Transcend the difference between the genders using cannabis, ashwagandha and estrogen

I have long had a theory that cannabis works like a web based on everything else you've consumed - a synergy with other drugs and foods. This is discussed in medical cannabis literature as 'the entourage effect'. So I have believed cannabis can synergize with most anything, including hormones.

Let me ask a question: What if one wishes for a different experience of hormones than what is normal, one more in-between?

The two main psychoactive sex hormones are testosterone and estrogen. Estrogen binds to E2 receptors in the brain and is immediately active there. I use estrogen primarily as an entheogen to better understand and clarify gender.

The problem: estrogen has many side-effects I don't want. I would like to get only the active effect of estrogen, saving from some long-term side-effects or changes.

The solution I have found: HIGH doses of a psychoactive drug, combined with the hormone take sublingually before the peak, to provide an immediate experience of the psychoactive effect. Taken sublingually, it passes through the system more quickly. Then it immediately synergizes with the psychoactive drug and becomes brain-active itself.

Only a small dose of the hormone is needed, in fact small doses may be much better as large doses overwhelm the psychoactive. I today tried .5mg estradiol, a miniscule dose, with hundreds of miligrams of edible THC, a high dose. This I feel is a good way to get all the benefits of estrogen from a positive psychological perspective, and no 'side-effects'.

Now here is a better idea though that I've done, adding ashwagandha to this estradiol-cannabis mix. Ashwagandha contains withanolides, psychoactive compounds that interact with male hormones. It increases acute testosterone - therefore one is simultaneously raising the levels of both hormones'. A low dose of ashwagandha may not raise the testosterone, but a high dose with certainly induce it, as I've tested.

One can initiate a clash of the genders in one's self: ashwagandha strengthens the male system in the mind, the estradiol speaking for the female. Let me pose the question, could hormones and psychedelics allow one to live beyond gender? I believe the best combination would be .5mg estradiol, a high dose of edible cannabis, say 300mg thc, and around 4000mg ashwagandha.

Edited by CreonAntigone (11/07/21 04:43 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCreonAntigone
Stranger

Re: Recipes for the control of gender with psychedelics [Re: CreonAntigone]
    #27534048 - 11/07/21 04:42 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

There is a movement called the trans movement which says that certain individuals are really a different gender than the one they had been called before. I am ambivalent about it: on the one hand, I believe in gender freedom and I don't think anyone should have to behave or be seen in any way they don't want.

On the other hand, many trans advocates tend to actually reinforce societal gender roles: they tell people that they have a 'true gender'. This is nonsense. Gender is a bunch of loose societal concepts with no basis. There is sex, which is biology; there are estrogen and androgen receptors which do different things, there are physical differences caused by the action of these hormones. But when it comes to what society says a person of a certain sex should do, it is arbitrary and obscene. Trans people should not feed into these delusions by telling people how to 'pass' and teaching them how to speak like society expects them to speak. The only passing I want to do, is out of gender entirely.

Free your gender! I will now say some recipes I've come up with from a long experience and research. These are herbal combinations I think can reliably change hormones. I post it here because I think all of these combinations potentially interact with/can be combined with psychedelics (as in the last recipe). Plus, the breakdown of the ego is the breakdown of gender too and all the silly nonsense society expects from people. So using biology to kill gender seems to be 'psychedelic' to me.

TEA FOR THE CONTROL OF SEXUAL DESIRE

You will rely on Neem here. Neem is magic, an incredibly powerful agent for stopping excessive hormones. Neem is antagonistic to most hormones that favor growth; it keeps things in place and limits change. It antagonizes action at both the estrogen and androgen receptor, and stops many of the signaling cascades that lead to the synthesis of hormones. It has this same effect on many kinds of animals: it is used to stop insects from having sex as an insecticide, for instance.

Therefore Neem is something to be used sparingly. Since it limits growth, it is best to rotate and perhaps even be ready to quit it. It is extremely effective for digestive diseases because of its powerful anti-bacterial action without being toxic. However, if one takes it too much one cannot repopulation the microbiome. In the context of gender, neem is the single most effective tool (far more effective than any available medication IMO) at ceasing, halting or controlling gender. Acutely, high doses of neem extract are non-toxic and even applying neem oil to the skin directly is non-toxic and done widely across India. The only studies that have ever shown ACUTE toxicity from neem used huge doses of essential oil delivered orally. So neem cannot kill you acutely, but it is an agent that has long-term effects to be considered.

INGREDIENTS:
Neem leaves or leaf extract, 500mg - you get used to the taste. Hormone-blocker. Raise dose more and more as needed.
gotu kola 4000mg - basically a hormone 'calming' agent, not a blocker. Low doses induce an increase in the actions of hormones, while high doses suppress hormones. So a lot is used here.
Vitex berry, 1000mg - known as 'chaste-berry', its suppression of sexual desire stems from its actions on prolactin.

INSTRUCTIONS: Put ingredients in a pot of water and boil until half is gone. Strain and consume, chill if needed. Consume in response to the desire.

TO INCREASE ANDROGENS

I am experimenting with this recipe all the time and may have a better version soon!
It is best to rely primarily on ashwagandha, a reliable herb that increases androgens by reducing cortisol. One study found it acutely raised testosterone almost 300% during workouts! High doses can have a powerful effect.
There are a few other herbs that increase androgens but they aren't as good, so used them for sparingly.

DAILY:
Ashwaghandha - 500-3000mg a day. KSM is good, so is Himalaya
Ginseng - a cup of tea a day. Ginseng is one of the most reliable, long-standing herbs for male hormones, but its health effects extend to many areas and it can benefit anyone.

FOR SPECIAL OCCASIONS
These are the 'powerful' herbs: they taste like shit. They are stimulants, they create a negative headspace to be honest. I'd recommend using these with caution. You may find they give you nausea. Turns out pure androgens may not taste too good.

What I'd recommend is to take a 'special brew' with a psychedelic with long breaks in-between. Get to the heart of gender.

INGREDIENTS:
Ashwagandha - 6000mg or more. The dose can be titrated up, more will be better. But do so carefully.
Fermented Korean ginseng - 500mg. Nasty nasty stuff, but it does smell exactly like androgens.
Tongkat ali - 500mg. An herb found to raise testosterone in clinical studies.

INSNTRUCTIONS: Boil until half the liquid is gone. The final liquid won't taste too good, so disguise it somehow.

BREAST GROWTH SALVE (PROBABLY WORKS)

Yes the processes by which breasts grow can be manipulated too, and has been since time immemorial. What I say is based on a combination of scientific research, experience and attention to what has worked in historical practice. Don't believe it? That's OK - only the true believer would ever make this kind of oil.

This would be best in an ayurvedic-style oil, made by first making a water extract of herbs, then adding oil (and more herbs) and boiling out the water. Strain the oil when hot. This yields an extremely aromatic oil saturated with herbal extracts. This particular oil you'd want to apply to the breast.

INGREDIENTS:
Pueraria Mirifica, 3 grams - potent phytoestrogen, oil-soluble, is best used topically
Wild Yam, 7 grams - the most important ingredient. Reliably raises estrogen and progesterone through the action of disogenin, a hormone precursor.
Fenugreek seed power, 5 grams - also a source of diosgenin
Shatavari, 5 grams - a reliable agent for increasing the actions of estrogen and progesterone
Licorice or peppermint, 500mg-2grams - herbal suppressors of androgens.
Coconut oil, half cup

INSTRUCTIONS: Add half the herbal ingredients into a pot and boil until half the water is gone. Then add the other half of the herbs and the oil. Boil until the water dissolves.

OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Recipes for the control of gender with psychedelics [Re: CreonAntigone] * 3
    #27534295 - 11/07/21 09:46 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

To free yourself from all this just do a lot of mushrooms and skip the rest.  A lot of mushrooms.  Daily if possible.  :hereyougo:

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Offlineel gordo
not the youtube one
Male User Gallery

Re: Recipes for the control of gender using psychedelics [Re: CreonAntigone]
    #27534414 - 11/08/21 03:09 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

there's lots of vegetables that raise your estrogen level, plobably diet can also lead you where u wanna go

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2781234/

could describe the effects a little bit?

Offlineeggopm3
Stranger
Re: Recipes for the control of gender using psychedelics [Re: el gordo]
    #27535231 - 11/08/21 01:51 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

What is the experience like for you when you follow these recipes/instructions?

Cross-sex hormones certainly do change your consciousness. I attempted to transition once several years ago and while it turned out to be majorly the wrong move for me, I did spend a few months taking hormones, and can attest to something in my baseline state during that time being significantly different.
Really hard to put my finger on what it was like though since it was before I knew about psychedelics and because at the time I was experiencing severe borderline-suicidal depression (helped massively once I discovered psychedelics thankfully) so paying attention to the subtleties of my perceptions was not a priority at the time. In some respects I'd like to revisit that experience with a more clear mind to pinpoint that altered state with more clarity, but seeking that out again probably isn't wise for me. Better to move on than wallow in my past. Plus I don't want any more of the side effects that estrogen brings than what I had already experienced.

Offlineshugart111
Stranger
    #27536122 - 11/08/21 10:52 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

I am very confused on what you are trying to accomplish?

Both sexes have both hormones it is merely the average ratio to each other over a long course of time that causes differing physical and mental attributes. every human experiences a more "neutral" hormone balance naturally every day as both hormones fluctuate wildly throughout the day depending on a million different variables.

you are playing a very dangerous game, human hormones are a extremely complex and delicate system. You are risking permeant damage by Taking powerful hormones irregularly plus it will just create irregular results especially if you aren't taking several blood tests daily to actually know what your levels are at.

InvisibleCreonAntigone
Stranger

Re: Recipes for the control of gender using psychedelics [Re: shugart111]
    #27542285 - 11/13/21 09:02 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Why am I posting abstract theories about gender and hormones here? Because actually I think this is one of the best places to discuss gender. I might say it’s one of the ONLY places anywhere. I find you basically cannot say anything in ‘trans spaces’. Those spaces which claim to be about trans people often end up being run in a way that isn’t very welcoming to them. Generally, a small insular group controls the dialog and shuts out all opposing views. As a result, while one might think a trans group would be precisely the place to open up about gender, I found myself hitting wall after wall of dogmatic opinions. Back when I used reddit, I had multiple posts removed for suggesting unique ways to engage with gender.

There’s another problem: many of these same trans communities, the very ones that restrict opposing views, will give very dangerous advice. In particular, there is a lack of understanding of the very drug they use so much, isolated human sex hormones (estradiol and testosterone). In some ways the modern trans movement is like the mushroom movement: instead of psilocybin, they want hormones to become an accessible medicine. There’s nothing wrong with using hormones as a medicine. However, they are **exceptionally dangerous medicines.** I would advise anyone choosing to use hormones to exercise extreme caution, and I’d also advise them to **follow no schedule but their own personal feelings**. If you are prescribed daily hormones and you get the feeling that it is time to stop, stop them very soon and re-evaluate. In terms of total risk of side-effects, I’d rate estradiol as a substantially more difficult medicine than psilocybin. All the more reason to use it carefully.

I fully acknowledge that hormones by themselves are not psychedelic. I post this here to discuss both the interactions between hormones and psychedelics, as well as to present a way to use hormones which I think is ultimately less dangerous than what is widely recommended in trans spaces. This is about harm reduction. Different dosing schedules work for different people, and perhaps for some trans people the ordinary dosing schedules work. But I see again and again in trans spaces that people are having trouble with hormones, lasting side-effects, serious problems. They rarely get proper advice on how to remedy them. And a new thing is all the rage in the trans movement, ‘DIY’, in which people order hormones from sketchy pharmacies and do it all by themselves. This will vastly increase the risk of side-effects of course. On the other hand, many of the medical prescribers of hormones seem of such poor quality that DIY may be safer.

CHALLENGING DANGEROUS OPINIONS ABOUT HORMONES

These opinions of mine would in all likelihood be removed swiftly if posted in a ‘trans forum’. I post them here so that they can be seen and judged on their merits. Maybe they are wrong, but at least they can be discussed here. Though I consider myself trans, there are some vocal people who make me ashamed of it. I wish to present a new view of what it means to be trans.

FALSE OPINION: That it is bad to have a mix of testosterone and estrogen.

There is a completely false claim spread among trans spaces that the interim space ‘between the genders’ is dangerous. The basic idea goes, ‘well women need to have a certain level of estrogen, men need a certain level of testosterone. If you only take a little estrogen, that is dangerous. One does not have enough estrogen to be a woman but simultaneously not enough testosterone to be a man.’

This view displays ignorance of gender. In truth, even without taking any hormones there is a natural diversity among people. Many people have levels of estrogen and testosterone that are far different from the norm, and for those people in particular that arrangement is healthy. We actually have the data to prove this. On trans forums people frequently post the results from blood hormone tests; what is found is that people are rarely anywhere near the average. Generally the starting estrogen is already vastly different from the average, either higher or lower. No one exactly understands why there is this variation, but it is definitely there.

Rather than try to aim for what is average, why not aim for what is healthy to you? It is better not to rely on the norm. Instead, rely on the signals given by your own body. If side-effects are experienced, that is the body letting you know what is and isn’t healthy.

This false idea encourages trans people to ‘stick with’ hormones that are causing them side-effects. For example, I have heard people say that it is better to take a low dose of estrogen even if one is getting side-effects because otherwise, one would be left in a ‘hormone-less’ space, no estrogen but testosterone not recovering fast enough. This is largely nonsense. There’s nothing wrong with quitting hormones and letting your body adjust. Taking estradiol every day is not necessarily more ‘stable’ than taking it once every 2 weeks. It is all about what your body can adjust to.

There is some truth to the idea insofar as high levels of estrogen do suppress testosterone. However, that is dose-dependent. There is a level at which estrogen does not suppress testosterone and in fact they work together. There is in some cases documented synergy between these hormones: androgens are necessary to initiate breast growth for example.

FALSE OPINION: That one must block testosterone if they take estrogen

If no one on earth ever again takes spironolactone, it will not be soon enough. It is a poison drug that can cause liver function disorders.

Unfortunately, many trans people are FORCED to take this horrid drug to get any estrogen. This was the proposal made to me by a doctor who worked for my university. He said that they refuse to give estradiol unless someone took this poison for at least two weeks, because (in his ignorant view) it would be dangerous to take estrogen while still having testosterone in the system. Think of how twisted this view is: they are literally saying that it is safer to take two medications rather than one, and instead of giving the natural hormone first, the first drug given is the artifical pharmacy drug. I strongly encourage you to never ever again talk to a doctor who proposes this plan to you. No estrogen is better than taking estrogen along with poison.

Unfortunately, that doctor did not come up with the idea for the poisoning himself, but actually was following recommendations by national organizations that claim to know the proper dosing regimens for trans people. Insofar as they suggest that you need to take a poison before taking a hormone, they are giving dangerous advice!

There is nothing wrong with blocking testosterone if that is desired. However, spironolactone is a horrible medication to serve this purpose. Bicaultamide is much better since at low doses it only provides a partial blockade of androgen receptors. There are also botanicals one can take that only minorly limit testosterones, the best (in my opinion) being lodhra (symplocos racemosa).

MICRODOSING ESTRADIOL

I think most people should try this LONG before trying anything else with hormones. Start small. Honestly, if you can avoid a prescriber foisting spironolactone on you, you will have avoided poisoning. But see to it you don’t poison yourself by taking too much estradiol, either. It is a very very strong medication and the difficulty is, you cannot know how it impacts you in the long term. Estradiol like all hormones exerts most of its effects in the long-term. So one actually has to use it and experience it to know if it will cause side-effects.

As a result, a microdosing regimen modelled on psychedelic micro-dosing could be an ideal way to begin using hormones and see what effects it has. .25mg topical estradiol once every 4 days seems like a good microdose. This dose is so low there is such an exceptionally low chance of it causing any long-term changes at all. It will most likely only cause minor shifts in perception. (Even still, use very cautiously.)

THE FORMS OF ESTRADIOL

Estradiol has very different effects depending on the form.

ORAL is not recommended because estradiol is converted into the liver into unwanted byproducts, such as estrone. The risk of physical-side effects is far great. In my experience, it is a world of difference. The same dose of estradiol taken topically causes me no nausea, while the dose taken orally does cause me nausea and long-term digestive issues.

So, I highly recommend you start with TOPICAL estradiol. Oral pills can easily be used topically. Simply dissolve in spirit (40% will work – I use whisky!) and then apply to the skin. The alcohol increases ansorption. However it can be done without alcohol too, it will simply take a bit longer to absorb and be slightly less efficient. Crushing the pills and mixing into a cream will work.

There is also INJECTABLE forms. These generally do not use pure estradiol but rather esters of estradiol designed for longer bioavailability. I’ve gotten into fights with trans people over whether these are actually ‘bioidentical’. There is this idea in the trans community that you need bioidentical hormones, that is those that are the exact same as the estrogen in the body. However, injectable forms of estrogen are ‘esters’ with a longer half-life and higher absorption. A chief example is Estradiol cypionate. This long half-life means a single injection can continue releasing estradiol into the body for a month or longer.

Let me pose this question to the chemists here: Is Estradiol cypionate a ‘bioidentical hormone’? In my mind, definitely not. It is a pro-drug of the regular hormone but because it lasts so long, it can’t be compared. To call it identical is dangerous. Regular estrogen is excreted quickly while this stays in the body for a long time. To call it identical to the real thing is thus another example of dangerous advice given by some from the trans movement. I prefer to experience estradiol quickly passing through my body to reduce the risk of side-effects, thus I do not use esters of estradiol and only the purified hormone.

In my opinion, by many orders of magnitude the topical form is the most effective and the least prone to side-effects. If you are prescribed oral pills, crush them and apply to the skin and you will reduce your risk of side-effects substantially, especially gastrointestinal effects like nausea. Now that’s what I call harm reduction!

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: Recipes for the control of gender using psychedelics (moved) [Re: CreonAntigone]
    #27542405 - 11/13/21 10:45 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

This thread was moved from The Psychedelic Experience.

Reason:
Lets try this forum.

OfflinemndfreezeMDiscordReddit
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PuppetMasterFlash
Re: Recipes for the control of gender using psychedelics (moved) [Re: CreonAntigone] * 1
    #27542547 - 11/14/21 02:53 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

This seems like a whole lot of 'I made some shit up theory' and not a lot of science.  Going to leave this be for now for the sake of discussion but OP I highly suggest you be careful how you approach your wording as this is not the place to be 'suggesting' dosages or weird unproven theories on anything.

--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

OfflinegopherS
Coffee Bean Extraordinaire
I'm a teapot

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Recipes for the control of gender using psychedelics [Re: el gordo]
    #27562739 - 11/30/21 07:05 AM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

el gordo said:
there's lots of vegetables that raise your estrogen level, plobably diet can also lead you where u wanna go

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2781234/

could describe the effects a little bit?

You not goibg to change gender eating soybeans, phyto-estrogen is really weak, abd blocks real estrogen from binding

--------------------
For most of the normies out there, an operating system is just a bootloader for Google Chrome.

Since Disney has obtained tremendous value from the public domain, knows how important the public domain is, and is firmly determined to never contribute anything to it.

My pronouns are He and Him, and my adjectives are Fat and Jazzy

:kratom:

InvisibleCreonAntigone
Stranger

Re: Recipes for the control of gender using psychedelics [Re: gopher]
    #27612288 - 01/08/22 10:37 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

gopher said:
You not goibg to change gender eating soybeans, phyto-estrogen is really weak, abd blocks real estrogen from binding

Not one or two soybeans;

but my mother swears by a strong soy extract for all her problems related to menopause.

A distilled extract of many soybeans could have a noticeable effect on gender.

Or there is something which I call 'super-soy', pueraria mirifica: used by much of the trans community. It contains all the isoflavones of soy AND some unique and very very powerful phytoestrogens. Deoxymiroestrol - is the strongest estrogen ever recorded, stronger than the human hormone at the receptors (outcompetes it).

The blocking of real estrogen is true, I've had phytos side by side with the human estrogen, they fight each-other. So I basically had to make a decision and pick one; I found out that phytos for me were way better, less side-effects. They caused less change to my body, which was more comfortable for me, but still some change; they facilitated my use of psychedelics.

Edited by CreonAntigone (01/08/22 11:04 PM)

InvisibleCreonAntigone
Stranger

Re: Recipes for the control of gender with psychedelics [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #27612309 - 01/08/22 11:07 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

I admit I wrote this thread when very high, I thought about abandoning it; but I must face up to my unique relationship to gender and figure out what works for me.

I think this is a good place for this thread. It doesn't belong the psychedelic experience because the topic is too broad, it talks about other drugs which goes against the rules of that forum.

I am seeking to make a new relationship with hormones and I've completely quit distilled human hormone, which is what most trans people take - that is, estradiol for those xy, and testosterone for those xx. I used to take estradiol, but it isn't for me: its effects don't jive with me, it doesn't help me, it worsens some of my issues; no begrudging those who use it. It shouldn't be taken lightly.

Here is what I think does work for me: mixes of plant-based medicines, where SOME target the hormone system, others act as more general medicines.

I AM COOKING TODAY: I am making an ayurvedic-style oil, using an herbal mix. I am seeking to make a big pot of oil, enough to use a bit everyday and last a few months, similar to how most trans people take a bit of HRT everyday. I mix in hormone herbs with general medical herbs.

In ayurveda, step one in making an oil is to make the water extract, or kashayam. I just finished that. One boils the herbs until half the water is gone.

I made this kashayam now, and the ingredients are as follows (remember I am making something where just a little bit everyday is all that is needed.)

Kashayam Ingredients:
Around 20 grams of pueraria mirica extract - a strong phytoestrogen
2 grams lavender
15 chamomile extract capsules - for anxiety, nerves
30 passionflower extract capsules - for anxiety, also helps to counterbalance against estrogen, a mild anti-estrogen
5 grams fenugreek seeds - contains diosgenin, a hormone stimulant
1 lion's mane fruit
15 lion's mane mycelium capsules
5 turmeric capsules - general anti-inflammatory
reishi and cordyceps extract - two mushrooms documented to impact hormones
If I had anise I'd add it.

For me the kashayam nearly always ends up dark brown, chamomile contributes that color but if you mix enough herbs eventually it will become black or dark brown in color. I was going to make a mostly-mirifica oil, that would be light colored, but I wanted to add a diversity of useful ingredients.

It does smell strongly in the making of this oil, I boil with the lid on, takes a little longer but doesn't smell as much. However, it's not a bad smell all things considered, just a strong smell. I boiled it on a little portable hotplate. I started with a lot so it took a while, the process took maybe 3 hours, although I wasn't watching it most of that time, this hotplate helps regulate temperature to prevent overboiling; I had to watch it a lot near the end though.

Part of the point of this is: there are some herbs that help me. I'd like to get them all everyday in a nice, easy-to-dose package: applied topically in an oil.

Step two will be completed tonight as well, which is adding oils to the mix and boiling off the water, then straining the final mix. I will probably add a tiny bit of milk (common ayurvedic ingredient, to mix oil and water), some ghee and some coconut oil in that stage - to be completed later tonight.

Edited by CreonAntigone (01/08/22 11:10 PM)

InvisibleCreonAntigone
Stranger

#27707839 - 03/25/22 08:11 AM (2 years, 3 days ago)

I have to issue a corrective on this old and a little ridiculous post. I've learned a lot more about hormones.

Now I am on a consistent daily dose of estrogen, .25mg topical gel - I have been for about a month. One a day, every day. This is much better. It is an actively bad idea to go on/off hormones, a consistent daily dose is extremely important. The process by which hormones work requires a consistent dosing.

So now I am a lot more like other trans people as now I'm on the 'sauce', the estrogen medicine. However, there are a few things in this post that don't need to be corrected. First, when it comes to combining hormones and psychedelics, it is a wonderful idea. Nothing has taught me more about gender than psychedelics. I used quite a lot of cannabis when I started estrogen, which reduced nausea and other side-effects of the medicine. Also, using psychedelics at the same time as I started hormones helped me to think through gender in new ways.

The mental effects of hormones are different than psychedelics in the following way: both cause a change in mindset, but while psychedelics cause an immediate change in mindset, hormones work much more slowly. They change the mind, but it takes a long time to see exactly what shape or direction things are changing in. They open up emotional capacity. Preferences slightly change, but this occurs as a collaboration between the hormones and the person.

Second, I do think the ayurvedic phytohormones oils are still a good idea. I still use them since I've been on estrogen - I've used the oil I made in the previous post a lot, containing lots of phytoestrogens. Now that I'm on a consistent dose of estrogen, the phytohormones hit differently. They aren't strong enough to completely overcome the effects of the stronger human hormone, but they do add something. It is an additive, combined effect. I still believe they can help assist a trans person in a transition. And one can make plenty to assist a non-trans person - for example, I think an oil made of ashwagandha, korean ginseng and bhringraj, applied as an aftershave, would increase the growth of androgenic hair, something some men are interested in doing.

In the end I still don't really understand gender, but I understand more of the 'dos and don'ts', the risks, advantages and potentials. I feel in my mind that hormones are teaching me quite a lot of things about how to live. Before I started this consistent dose, a few times I had started hormones at too high a dose, or an inconsistent dose, and not stuck with them. Call it the ridiculous mistakes of a trans person before the final transition. I am still a young adult, under 30, and I feel that hormones have done a lot for me. I don't buy the theory that puberty is the end and no more changes are possible after that. There is actually no rush for a trans person to start hormones - better to start them at the right time than too early. Make a new puberty, then make another and another.

OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #27708287 - 03/25/22 03:19 PM (2 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

CreonAntigone said:
I have to issue a corrective on this old and a little ridiculous post. I've learned a lot more about hormones.

Now I am on a consistent daily dose of estrogen, .25mg topical gel - I have been for about a month. One a day, every day. This is much better. It is an actively bad idea to go on/off hormones, a consistent daily dose is extremely important. The process by which hormones work requires a consistent dosing.

Respect for making that correction. :solidnod:

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Injection Grain Bag