Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
If this is true
    #2756213 - 06/02/04 08:53 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Ok, so let's say you're walking down the street one day, minding your own business, and a guy walks up to you who you've never before seen, and never will after, but he IS there then you assume he came from somewhere and is going somewhere else, are you right? At first it would seem so, but consider the following situation:

One fine sunny afternoon you are sitting on the banks of a mighty river when you see a crocodile emerge from the water nearby and snatch a small Egyptian child. The croc squeezes the kid in his mighty jaws.. the kid screams.. blood everywhere.. the river turns red.. nothing but meat is left.. Hypnotized by the spectacle, you don't move until the crocodile has submerged, and when he finally does, the only evidence anything ever happened on this quiet river bank is the mammoth swelling in your loins.

WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN??

Basically, don't you think that we've sacrificed the ultimate truth of reality for our ability to feed ourselves? Isn't an organism's view of the universe ultimately shaped by its method for feeding itself, and if so, could you say that a little blob who experiences a big whatever that's completely disconnected from our waking reality has a less "valid" view of things? Basically, we need logic (the animal tracks are here so the animal must have come from over there and is going there) to survive, but when we start trying to look at, say, the origins of the universe with this model it's completely innefective, right?

I mean, applying your method of sustaining the chemical reaction that is your life to realizing the true nature of reality and the origins of the universe.. isn't that about as stupid as trying to get to the moon with the abilities you use to get a piece of salami from the fridge?

Yes, my friends, yes it is.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShroomerious
OO
Male

Re: If this is true [Re: Mixomatosis]
    #2756225 - 06/02/04 08:58 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Yes it is but it sounds a bit pesimistic. Also, a thousand miles journey begins only with a single step.

--------------------

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
    #2757011 - 06/02/04 02:01 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Everything is relative to what it is being perceived by. Now, do these perceptual standpoints follow some sort of mathematical constant? (not that I'm implying math is not a human creation)

What I mean is, sure to us a journey to the moon is quite a feat to accomplish, and seems like quite the distance. However, that is relative to the nucleous of Earth that we reside. When we 'micro analyze' our own relativity, we have learned that all matter consists of atoms, which themselves consist of nuclei and electrons. Could this mean that consciousness could reside physically on an electron of our own body, the same way we reside on the Sun's electron of Earth? It's possible. This could also be applied to 'macro-analysis'. If we, as well as our relative surroundings are comprised of these atoms, would it be possible that the seemingly 'atom-like' structures we know of existing in "space" comprise some sort of higher matter in regards to space relativity.

This was sort of off-topic, but my here's my point. It seems our perception is relative to our own existence (ie- time and space). So by finding patterns both micro- and macro- to our perception, isn't it possible to theorize on a sort of infinite leveled relativity comprised of atomic structures upon atomic structures?

OfflineShroomerious
OO
Male

Re: If this is true [Re: deff]
    #2757021 - 06/02/04 02:03 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I couldn't agree more deff.

--------------------

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
Re: If this is true [Re: deff]
    #2760213 - 06/03/04 09:50 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

interestind, deff, but I'm not talking about the distances involved in travelling to the moon vs. travelling to the cupboard, that was a misleading metaphor to use.

What I'm talking about is that the thinking methods we apply to finding animal carcasses in the woods for food are inadequate methods for understanding why we're here and what life's all about and the true nature of the universe. The method I'm talking about is logic.. in this case, you are down by the meadow and you see some animal dung . This means an animal was here coming from one direction and going in another. We see the universe is here, and the "standard" method of understanding it seems to be to apply the "animal droppings paradigm" and we ask where the universe came from and where its going. I propose that this is a stupid way to look at it.

OfflineSource
Remainder of anUnbalancedEquation
Male

Loc: Outer Darkness
    #2761167 - 06/03/04 05:14 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I think I'm with you on this Mix.

It seems the general 'mystical' consensus is that the Truth cannot be understood logically. For example, the purpose of a Zen koan is to exhaust the rational mind and its continuous differentiating so the clear light of reality can be immediately experienced in its wholeness.

--------------------
What you're searching for is what's searching.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order