Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebeatlebangboy
Absinthe-ian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bum Fuck Florida
VAPIR Vaporizor
    #2760208 - 06/03/04 09:48 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Before I shell out almost $200 for one of these Vapir vaporizors, I need to know if it is really worth the investment. I have a homemade vaporizor I constructed from stuff i bought at RadioShack about 15 years ago. It was detailed in an article by "Dr. Lunglife" in an issue of High Times and it works fairly well but it is a real pain in the ass to use. Any insights?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleshamantra
hobbyethnobotanist

Loc: ¯\(º_o)/¯
Re: VAPIR Vaporizor [Re: beatlebangboy]
    #2760357 - 06/03/04 10:34 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

a good digital vaporizer is worth the money im not familiar with vapir vaporizer so i dont know, i paid 350 dollars for mine. :wink: one of the smartest investment i have done :laugh:

--------------------
note: english is my 3rd languange, please ignore misspelling and poor english, im doing my best :smile:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ug98TKkWKy0

Offlinebeatlebangboy
Absinthe-ian
Male User Gallery

Re: VAPIR Vaporizor [Re: shamantra]
    #2760403 - 06/03/04 10:46 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Which one did you buy? Where can I see and read about it?

Offlinej_db69
Forever learning shaman
 User Gallery

#2760807 - 06/03/04 02:52 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I have tried a homemade one using a lightbulb and it sucked.  I went ahead and bought a vapordoc vaporizer and I am very happy with it.  The problem with the vapir is that it takes more time in-between hits than the vapor doc.  Just make sure that you get one with hot air passing over your herb and not some hot plate heating it up.  The absolute best vaporizer is the volcano, if you can afford one would you get one for me too? :smile:  Your lungs will thank you for using a vap.  The high is also different when using a vaporizer, it is a much more clear high...

OfflinepsilocyberV
old hand

#2760905 - 06/03/04 03:13 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Check out www.aromazap.com

I have one, I have friends that have bought it immediately after using it. For less than $100 shipped it's the best REAL vapo deal out there.

Only draw back is it takes about an hour to get up to temp, but it's low draw so you can leave it plugged in all the time and not even notice a change in your power useage.

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
    #2761049 - 06/03/04 04:22 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

here's the best vaporizer imo  http://www.vriptech.com/

recomended by bubbleman(creator of bublehash)  :smile:

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
Re: VAPIR Vaporizor [Re: buckwheat]
    #2761115 - 06/03/04 04:52 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

"recomended by bubbleman(creator of bublehash)"

Umm, he made a bag with a silk screen and some nylon, that screens crystals, he didny INVENT bubblehash, HASH(real hash!) has been around for hundreds of years :smile:

Bubbleman just made a bag to do it, instead of using a screen, or a tumbler etc etc etc.

Dont take this the wrong way, I have read many of Bubblemans posts over at overgrow.com,Bubbleman is a COOL guy, but he didnt invent that hash he just was the first guy with something like that to become popular.

--------------------

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
    #2761127 - 06/03/04 04:55 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

OH! and that link, dude why are people so easily tricked.

That VAPOURizer! is nothing more then an autobody shop heat gun and a bowl, yo could buy your own heat gun for cheap, and your own bowl and save alot of $$$.

And I used to work at an autobody shop, trust me , there is nothing diiferent or special about these guns they are selling, I cant belive with all the Vaporizer hype these guys are doing this!!

They are just slapping their name over a regular autobody shop heat gun and its all of a sudden a Vriptech. :lol:

--------------------

OfflineSgtStone
Government Mule

Re: VAPIR Vaporizor [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #2761164 - 06/03/04 05:06 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I bought just the bowl adapter thing from vriptech, stuck it on one of my bongs, bought a good adjustable heat gun from sears and it works great, better than any other vaporizer I've ever tried, and I tried alot of them, the aromazap, the vapir, crappy globe types, etc...

Yeah it would be a rip to buy all that stuff from vriptech though, the only piece I would recommend is that adapter to make the heat gun fit to the bowl, the rest (bong, heatgun) can be had much cheaper from other places. The system itself works great though, huge hits.

Offlinebeatlebangboy
Absinthe-ian
Male User Gallery

Re: VAPIR Vaporizor [Re: SgtStone]
    #2761936 - 06/03/04 11:13 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I'm more confused than before. Should I buy a heating gun or get "ripped off" buying a commercial vaporizor? Maybe I should just stick to my trusty old bong.

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Re: VAPIR Vaporizor [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #2761958 - 06/03/04 11:23 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Psilocybeingzz said:
"recomended by bubbleman(creator of bublehash)"

Umm, he made a bag with a silk screen and some nylon, that screens crystals, he didny INVENT bubblehash, HASH(real hash!) has been around for hundreds of years :smile:

Bubbleman just made a bag to do it, instead of using a screen, or a tumbler etc etc etc.

Dont take this the wrong way, I have read many of Bubblemans posts over at overgrow.com,Bubbleman is a COOL guy, but he didnt invent that hash he just was the first guy with something like that to become popular.

you know what i meant  dont take stuff so literallly  :stoned:

and yea the vriptech is a ripoff i guess i meant its the best vaporizer system and when you think about it the cheapest too if you do what  b vincent said

Offlinebeatlebangboy
Absinthe-ian
Male User Gallery

#2761959 - 06/03/04 11:24 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

so you're saying.......

OfflineTao
Village Genius

Loc: San Diego
    #2762023 - 06/03/04 11:48 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

i have an aromazap, its by far the stealthiest of anything, its cheaper (i believe) than buying a heatgun and adapter (plus a bong if you don't already have one). the other problem is for people who liked to get incredibly ripped. i myself prefer a nice not-too-overpowering buzz. if you want to use it with many friends however, or want to get insanely ripped off it a lot, it takes a lot of packing. i guess there are exceptions, but most ive heard from don't think the vapir is quite worth the extraordinary expense.

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

#2762057 - 06/04/04 12:04 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

im saying that you make a vriptech type vaporizer for under 50 bucks if you have a bong already you can get a heat gun with variable heat control 100-1000F for under 20 bucks at ebay and get the bowl adapter from vriptech.even if you have to buy a bong its still cheaper

OfflineTao
Village Genius

Loc: San Diego
    #2762065 - 06/04/04 12:11 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

oh okay, last i heard heatguns were more expensive. my bad :shrug:

but the zap is still stealthier (don't have to even think about it when my parents visit), less cumbersome and doubles as an aromatherapy dispenser :smile:.  if those reasons don't matter too much to you though, go with the heatgun combo. you can pack bigger bowls with the heatgun.  is it a cleaner hit than the zap? i havent tried it myself.

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Re: VAPIR Vaporizor [Re: Tao]
    #2762087 - 06/04/04 12:24 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

well i was replying to beatlebangboy but heat guns generally are expensive im surprised how cheap you can get them on ebay

OfflinepsilocyberV
old hand

Re: VAPIR Vaporizor [Re: Tao]
    #2762613 - 06/04/04 08:32 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I have to agree about the stealthiness of the zap. That's one of the major reasons my friends and I invested in buying them. They can be left out and on and nobody really has any idea. Plus the double as a oil defusser which means you can keep a nice scent going after you are done "vaporizing" your green stuff.

This can be important when you don't want to break out 3 different major peices of equipment (bong, heat gun, adapter) just to catch a buzz. Plus for some of us older folks, we don't like to have big glass pieces laying around the house or office.. too many eyes can find that stuff when you are forgetful and leave it about. How many friends do you have that just leave their glass laying around the living room all the time?

I'm not knocking any other types of vaporizing systems necissarily (except for the globe types, which are just a friggin rip off) but the Zap works for me and that's why I recommended it. The Vapir system looks good, but it's just too bulky for me... to much apparatus.

Offlinebeatlebangboy
Absinthe-ian
Male User Gallery

Re: VAPIR Vaporizor [Re: psilocyber]
    #2762861 - 06/04/04 10:25 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Boy o' boy, lot's of different opinions for sure. I'm gonna have to do my research and take the hands on approach to this matter. I see it is truly a matter of opinion. However, I gotta agree that schlepping out alot of gear to get a buzz dosn't sound like a lot of fun. K.I.S.S. (keep it simple stupid) is my motto. I'll be asking my local hippies for sure.

OfflineSgtStone
Government Mule

#2763238 - 06/04/04 12:26 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Depends on how you are going to use it, for personal lite smoking, the aromazap or vapir would be fine and easier to use, for mass smoking or with friends the vriptech system is the way to go. I paid around $100 for my heat gun at sears. If getting a heat gun, I would make sure to get a good highly adjustable model with a ceramic core. The cheap metal cores ones can release some gases that are not too good for you (so I've read). Looking at my vriptech setup last night I realized that not only did I purchase the bowl adapter but I also bought the bowl/stem piece as well.

Offlinebeatlebangboy
Absinthe-ian
Male User Gallery

Re: VAPIR Vaporizor [Re: SgtStone]
    #2764295 - 06/04/04 06:54 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

BVincent,
I am not all that familiar with the vriptech system. Where can I see pix of it? BTW, it's never leaving my house and I live alone so no worries about gettin' busted, that is except if the cops break down my door.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom