Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineLaurabelle1546
Gemini
Female User Gallery

Loc: Deep South
To much water in sub?
    #27574206 - 12/08/21 11:12 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

I'm worried about the amount of moisture in my new tubs of B+ and Burma. Can y'all tell if there is to much condensation from my picture? And if so, Is it to late to be saved. I made tubs on 11-30-21. 

Edited by Laurabelle1546 (12/08/21 11:16 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblebigfootscreepyuncl
Stranger

Loc: Gamehenge
Re: To much water in sub? [Re: Laurabelle1546]
    #27574218 - 12/08/21 11:44 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Having condensation between your tub and your substrate isn't harmful and there's nothing to do to fix it, but it is going to lead to a lot of side pins. This is happening because your substrate is being colonized and consolidated so it is shrinking and being pulled away from the walls. This can be prevented in your next grows by utilizing a tub liner. Maintaining proper surface conditions will help minimize side pins, but from the looks of it you're going to have quite a few. Not harmful, just a pain in the ass. But, mushrooms grown on the sides eat just the same! Keep us posted with the results :smile:

--------------------

I :heart: 5318008

NOT a virgin!

OfflineTheMagicConch
MC
Male User Gallery

Loc: Over here
Re: To much water in sub? [Re: bigfootscreepyuncl]
    #27575210 - 12/09/21 07:49 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

:whathesaid::yesnod:

--------------------
"You're not losing your mind, your mind is losing you"

Good info and Teks:
p9hu7's cult videos
Agar Portal-24hr soak WBS-Coir Prep-Shoebox Tek-Psilocybe (Agaricales) Life Cycle Discussion Thread

OfflineLaurabelle1546
Gemini
Female User Gallery

What are these growths? [Re: TheMagicConch]
    #27602807 - 01/01/22 06:49 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

First off... I hope y'all had a good Christmas, and fun New Years Eve!

Are these growths growing out the top of my B+ caps something that happens occasionally? Or is this a sign of something wrong?

Invisiblebigfootscreepyuncl
Stranger

Loc: Gamehenge
Re: What are these growths? [Re: Laurabelle1546] * 1
    #27602824 - 01/01/22 07:05 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

It happens from time to time. It also seems like it is more common with B+ for some reason to :shrug:

--------------------

I :heart: 5318008

NOT a virgin!

InvisibleMysticMycologist
Dirt Sherpa
Male

Loc: seeking samadhi
Re: What are these growths? [Re: bigfootscreepyuncl]
    #27602826 - 01/01/22 07:07 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

I had two grow like this from my B+ cakes as well, on the second flush. Tasted fine. :smile:

--------------------
Two eyes to look, One eye to see.
Prying open my third eye

OfflineLaurabelle1546
Gemini
Female User Gallery

Lids for grain jars [Re: MysticMycologist]
    #27603000 - 01/01/22 09:49 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

I'm about to make lids for grain jars, and utilizing p9's video info.

I ordered the Synthetic Filter Discs, but about to glue to the tops of leak proof lids, and noticed what one side is glossy and the other has a cotton/fuzzy side.

Does it matter which side I glue either side of disc?

I just don't wanna mess up an entire set of lids for a simple mistake.

OfflineLaurabelle1546
Gemini
Female User Gallery

Grain jar oats? [Re: Laurabelle1546]
    #27604292 - 01/02/22 06:28 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Have any of y'all used Whole Rye Grain for spawn with success? I ordered a large bag few months ago, but noticed oat used more with most tutorials, etc... BOD's Tek

Rye I have to use...

Dirt Sherpa
Male

Re: Grain jar oats? [Re: Laurabelle1546]
    #27604293 - 01/02/22 06:29 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Rye is hands down my favorite. Very good grain. I suck with oats.

--------------------
Prying open my third eye

OfflineLaurabelle1546
Gemini
Female User Gallery

Re: Grain jar oats? [Re: MysticMycologist]
    #27604296 - 01/02/22 06:32 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

MysticMycologist said:
Rye is hands down my favorite. Very good grain.

Thanks, That is good news! Ready to get this show started tonight....

Dirt Sherpa
Male

#27604302 - 01/02/22 06:33 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

I pretty much follow Bods oat tek with it. It looks dry when it ready to load, but nice and plump.

--------------------
Prying open my third eye

Offlinezenarrow
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#27604304 - 01/02/22 06:34 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

I just read that the white "hats" are actually just the stem growing through the cap itself.

Mine are doing the same thing,  B+ too.

OfflineLaurabelle1546
Gemini
Female User Gallery

Pissed at my DUBs! [Re: zenarrow]
    #27605610 - 01/03/22 05:15 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

I just went upstairs to check my 2 dub-tubs with B+, and they were contaminated! They looked good this morning, and I harvested the shrooms with caps just the other day! I feel like I do well with the first few steps of cultivation (inoculating, growing mycelium without contam.), but really struggle with dub-tub tek. I'm gonna list what I do and see if y'all could critique...

Once my grain spawn has fully colonized, I add to shoe box tub (2 cup spawn/4.5 cup sub, with extra cup for case layer), cover with lid, then sit tubs in bottom of closet to colonize. After a week or so, I see little white dots appear, which looks like beginning of pins. I then, place top lid on with holes (2 on top, 2 on sides, one on each end, covered with micropore tape. Add duck tape to one side to make a hinge. Mist the top lid, and place in martha tent, in my closet that I use as covered shelving.

Once or twice a day, I like to mist and "fan" with Holmes aer1 Tower True HEPA Air Purifier, then mist lid and sides of bottom tub with spray bottle. Close lid, and return to tent. I keep the air purifier running on low in closet, along with small space heater set for 71 degrees.

I use same method for BRF cake jars with ziplock as cover. I had 4 cake jars in tent (zipped only halfway) with the 2 dub tubs that are now contaminated, and sitting outside the house. Not sure if they are ruined.

The first time I grew and had a descent harvest, I used same method as listed above. After a couple of flushes, I wasn't sure if they were becoming contaminated, so I threw them out.

I didn't wipe out tent in closet, but sprayed heavily with 70%iso and sprayed closet and surrounding area with lysol. Should I do a more thorough job cleaning tent? My room and area is clean, but is the closet a poor location in general for cultivation? I really need privacy and safety with this, due to family occupants in home and occasional family visitors.

When It comes to tubs and pint jars, Can I reuse them even after a contaminated batch? I clean with hot water/dish soap. Before next use, I spray well with iso and wipe out with clean paper towel.

I have clothes in closet to one side. I have read that spores are sticky, especially with contam. Is my area of growth completely ruined after opening a contaminated tub? If so, how long?

Should I completely get rid of "Martha Tent"? I had purchased at beginning, with intent to set up with fan, humidifier, etc... but after further research and advice, I decided to scratch that idea. Now I just use for storing tubs, and jars for fruiting. Plastic cover still on, but will usually zip just one side, or keep flap closed.

Will probably have more questions that I will edit and add to this post as I think of them...

I'm pissed, frustrated and more fucking determined than ever to figure this shit out!

Sorry for the long post, and thanks ahead of time for any advice and comments. Y'all really are the best! Laura

InvisiblefahtsterM
Now With 33%More Faht
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Pissed at my DUBs! [Re: Laurabelle1546] * 1
    #27606462 - 01/04/22 08:37 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Yes, you don’t need to put them in the Martha.. you could be restricting the FAE so that there isn’t enough and you shouldn’t be misting shoeboxes unless it’s needed and unless you live in the desert, they shouldn’t need it at all after spawning (until after harvest) and even then it’s like once or twice before harvest.

Your spawn could be dirty.. how are you prepping/inoculating your jars (2g2, a2g etc) but even slightly bacterial jars usually give you a flush before going south but if you’re misting them daily, you’re probably accelerating their demise.  Jars that start off as bacterial are prone to mold contamination because the myc is weakened by the infection and easily taken over by mold.  Healthy myc is VERY mold resistant… I’ve lived in a shithole apt with mold all over the place and didn’t have a mold problem in my tubs because the myc was healthy

Fanning does nothing.. although in your case it could’ve helped a bit being that they’re in the Martha.  Take the plastic off the Martha and stop misting.. dub tubs are passive FAE which is sufficient so no need to fan. 

The urge to “mess” with your grows never goes away.. we all still have it years later… it actually gets worse because we think we know what the myc needs (sometimes we do). we just manage our urges by starting new projects… kinda like serial killers lol

Faht

Offlinesevenfourfour
Stranger
Re: Pissed at my DUBs! [Re: fahtster] * 1
    #27607487 - 01/05/22 01:31 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Looks like your mushrooms are celebrating Christmas with their fancy little hats.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds