Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Boomr Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Invisibledonwats
2d Gamer
 User Gallery

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
Re: East Coast Ovoideocystidiata 2022 [Re: iAmuseMe] * 1
    #27718871 - 04/02/22 11:57 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Quote:

iAmuseMe said:
Quote:

donwats said:
give everything a soak in hydrogen peroxide b4 drying

I'm curious about this because it seems like a bad idea to soak something you plan to eat in a poisonous liquid, even if it's going to evaporate (just my initial gut reaction, I know nothing about this technique). But I did find some information on using a 5% hydrogen peroxide solution on sliced mushrooms to preserve and bleach them.  Is that kind of like what you meant?

Well the preserving agents they use in the store bought stuff is infact poison. But hydrogen peroxide is just oxygen and water its a good debriding agent and kills most bacteria. People drink it as a form of therapy for all sorts of things. Its not poison.

You have to buy food grade online and mix it with distilled water to get the percentage you want. 1.5% for 15-20 mins should do it, then rinse and dry.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: East Coast Ovoideocystidiata 2022 [Re: donwats] * 4
    #27718888 - 04/03/22 12:17 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Hydrogen peroxide will destroy psilocin on contact

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Invisibledonwats
2d Gamer
 User Gallery

Re: East Coast Ovoideocystidiata 2022 [Re: koods] * 1
    #27718918 - 04/03/22 01:07 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Hydrogen peroxide will destroy psilocin on contact

I've used it since day one, like on a shit tons of them. No issue.

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: East Coast Ovoideocystidiata 2022 [Re: donwats] * 4
    #27718928 - 04/03/22 01:56 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Ok well I’m just letting you know that any of your active indole compounds that come in contact with that solution will be oxidized. I have no idea why you would be doing this.

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Offlinepolaritymind
relaxed attention
I'm a teapot

Loc: Germany Flag
    #27718952 - 04/03/22 03:00 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Its good to use a bit of soil as a top layer with a patch right? Would you say a black decomposed compost soil is better here, or a fine sandy/loamy soil, which would prevent evaporation and hold water better?

--------------------
"to affirm life is to also affirm death"
-Albert hofmann

Edited by polaritymind (04/03/22 03:01 AM)

Invisibledonwats
2d Gamer
 User Gallery

#27718964 - 04/03/22 03:25 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Ok well I’m just letting you know that any of your active indole compounds that come in contact with that solution will be oxidized. I have no idea why you would be doing this.

I do this to clean off all the crap that just water cant. I would guess they would blacken if oxidized but they don't. Only the damaged areas are black but they were already black so what deference does that make.

What else would you do?

Invisibledonwats
2d Gamer
 User Gallery

Re: East Coast Ovoideocystidiata 2022 [Re: polaritymind] * 1
    #27718975 - 04/03/22 03:55 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Quote:

polaritymind said:
Its good to use a bit of soil as a top layer with a patch right? Would you say a black decomposed compost soil is better here, or a fine sandy/loamy soil, which would prevent evaporation and hold water better?

Yes, wood chips then a layer of soil then a surface layer of chips or you could go with a cover crop or both, but the bottom layer seems to be happier and more productive then the surface layer.

InvisibleAllium
Re: East Coast Ovoideocystidiata 2022 [Re: donwats] * 1
    #27719009 - 04/03/22 05:51 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Man, I'm going on year three with my outdoor bed, surely it will fruit this season, Surely!

OfflinePs.NoName
Psilocybe Anonymous
 User Gallery

Re: East Coast Ovoideocystidiata 2022 [Re: Allium] * 1
    #27719302 - 04/03/22 11:24 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

for man made patches coco coir + vermiculite with grass seed mixed in is a good casing layer.  Check out the woodlovers thread in the cult forum.

Thin layer of river mud is probably what happens in natural areas.

Quote:

Allium said:
Man, I'm going on year three with my outdoor bed, surely it will fruit this season, Surely!

starting from spores I have yet to get fruits before the 2nd full season.  I have one that this will be the third season and it has yet to fruit, but I think it is about the explode. 

If I move a colonized log or bag of mycelium from the natural area, it can fruit the same season.  Good luck and be patient with it! :cool:

--------------------
Set me off, see what I'm worth. Turn me on, I go berserk.

Offlinejowishod
Saunterer
 User Gallery
Loc: PA
    #27719314 - 04/03/22 11:33 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

I've only been onto ovoids the past few years, but seems like May 1st is the magically date that they'll show themselves by.  (Also in Pittsburgh area.. I see a handful of pgh folks on this thread, surprised I don't run into more people out there).

Offlinejowishod
Saunterer
 User Gallery
    #27719318 - 04/03/22 11:35 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Just keep adding more tubs full of colonized chips until it fruits lol

InvisibleAllium
Re: East Coast Ovoideocystidiata 2022 [Re: Ps.NoName] * 1
    #27719588 - 04/03/22 03:13 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Ps.NoName said:
for man made patches coco coir + vermiculite with grass seed mixed in is a good casing layer.  Check out the woodlovers thread in the cult forum.

Quote:

Allium said:

starting from spores I have yet to get fruits before the 2nd full season.  I have one that this will be the third season and it has yet to fruit, but I think it is about the explode. 

If I move a colonized log or bag of mycelium from the natural area, it can fruit the same season.  Good luck and be patient with it! :cool:

I made a bed consisting of creek mud, potting soil, colonized wood,and store bought mulch chips and I have added colonizing ovoid wood to it for the past three years and noting but healthy mycellium but no fruits. maybe this year :grin:

Invisibledonwats
2d Gamer
 User Gallery

#27720068 - 04/03/22 08:54 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Allium said:
Quote:

Ps.NoName said:

Quote:

Allium said:

I made a bed consisting of creek mud, potting soil, colonized wood,and store bought mulch chips and I have added colonizing ovoid wood to it for the past three years and noting but healthy mycellium but no fruits. maybe this year :grin:

If you just use a hand full or two of thin shavings and nothing big and bulky you will get faster results and clusters like in my sig.

OfflineJwalker
Stranger

Re: East Coast Ovoideocystidiata 2022 [Re: BoogieManSam] * 1
    #27720112 - 04/03/22 09:24 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Can you sceenshot your sat. maps of spots that pan out?

I hunt other stuff using maps to.

InvisibleIcyurmt
Strange
 Unread Journal

Loc: 5a
Re: East Coast Ovoideocystidiata 2022 [Re: Jwalker] * 1
    #27720166 - 04/03/22 10:20 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Quote:

donwats said:
Quote:

koods said:

I do this to clean off all the crap that just water cant. I would guess they would blacken if oxidized but they don't. Only the damaged areas are black but they were already black so what deference does that make.

What else would you do?

Why treat them differently than any other mushroom though?:shrug: No washing is usually necessary or even recommend, but cooking/boiling is advised as it would be for most any wild found fungi. To clean dirt and debris, just use a brush or damp cloth to wipe, or give them a very quick rinse if they're absolutely filthy. Then either cook/boil tea fresh, or toss into the dehydrator for later. No need to over complicate things imho.

Edit: I should also mention that the color change seen in psilocybes is being caused enzymatically by forming oligomers/polymers. Psilocin oxidation that occurs non-enzymatically wouldn't create those oligomers or show that visible color change but would still loose some potency.

Edited by Icyurmt (04/03/22 10:56 PM)

OfflineShroomhunts
Hunter Gatherer
Male User Gallery

Re: East Coast Ovoideocystidiata 2022 [Re: iAmuseMe] * 1
    #27720405 - 04/04/22 03:45 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

As someone who has eaten pounds of wood lovers straight out the ground i wouldn’t worry about the paralysis. I think its due to accidentally eating slugs hidden in the gills as they have been known to cause paralysis.

--------------------

You never kno

InvisibleAllium
    #27720416 - 04/04/22 04:22 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Quote:

donwats said:
Quote:

Allium said:
Quote:

Ps.NoName said:

Quote:

Allium said:

If you just use a hand full or two of thin shavings and nothing big and bulky you will get faster results and clusters like in my sig.

That was my mistake. I added too much bulky wood pieces and chunks of logs. Thanks for the tip :thumbup:

Invisibledonwats
2d Gamer
 User Gallery

#27720679 - 04/04/22 10:41 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Icyurmt said:
Quote:

donwats said:
Quote:

koods said:

What else would you do?

Why treat them differently than any other mushroom though?:shrug: No washing is usually necessary or even recommend, but cooking/boiling is advised as it would be for most any wild found fungi. To clean dirt and debris, just use a brush or damp cloth to wipe, or give them a very quick rinse if they're absolutely filthy. Then either cook/boil tea fresh, or toss into the dehydrator for later. No need to over complicate things imho.

Edit: I should also mention that the color change seen in psilocybes is being caused enzymatically by forming oligomers/polymers. Psilocin oxidation that occurs non-enzymatically wouldn't create those oligomers or show that visible color change but would still loose some potency.

Well, we were talking about the unknowns of WLP and "The Bacterial Contamination Hypothesis" from the link you posted. The problem with boiling/tea is that it kills bacteria but not the byproducts. Just as yeast produce ethanol (yeast piss), bacterial produce neurotoxins and other nasty things. Hydrogen peroxide will kill most of the bacteria and wash away most of the byproducts. Its not a silver bullet but neither is boiling. The tea method tends to give me a heavy body load and take more to achieve less imo. I just chop them down in the blender and pack them into 00 Gel caps. They go farther and its a cleaner experience again imo.

Offlineatothedam2
Stranger

#27720716 - 04/04/22 11:19 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

If WLP was from bacteria, wouldn't we expect it to be more prevalent with commonly eaten wood loving mushrooms like Oysters and Lion's mane? People forage those and I have never heard of a single case of WLP.

OfflineDubSpore
Busy being human
 User Gallery

Loc: Ohio
Re: East Coast Ovoideocystidiata 2022 [Re: atothedam2] * 1
    #27720725 - 04/04/22 11:32 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

I thought mushrooms have immune systems similar to humans, which is why bacteria doesn't eat them when they're fresh.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Boomr Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale