Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebowhunter
Stranger
Loc: Eastern Washington
help in washington, blue's or cascades
    #2757277 - 06/02/04 03:04 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

hey there, ive been reasearching for a while now and have an idea of what grows in my area, when, where, ect. But I have access to both mountains in washington state. I was wondering if anyone has had any luck in the blue mountains or in the cascades. Near Packwood? Also I need a good field guide that has both Edible and Active mushrooms. I would like to hunt for morels, boletes, etc. with my wife and hunt for others without her. I would like a book that will do both. Any tips will help. Ive done my homework just waiting for an oppertunity and some cold weather.....fall......I think... thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemycoguy
old hand

Loc: PNW
Re: help in washington, blue's or cascades [Re: bowhunter]
    #2759474 - 06/03/04 02:01 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

The Audobon Society Field Guide to North American Mushrooms.

--------------------

(and no, that's not me in the avatar)
Yahoo! Pacific Northwest Mycology Group

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #2759495 - 06/03/04 02:16 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

In particular for the western US, the best book has to be Mushrooms Demystified by David Arora.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #2759856 - 06/03/04 07:04 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Hi,

Psychoactive species are kinda rare in eastern and western Washington from east of the caccades and west of the Olympics and they are rare and hard to find.

On the other hand, they seem to like the valley region from Bandon, Oregon in the south of the PNW to British Colombia, Canada on both sides of the I-5 corridor.

Mj.

Edibles on the other hand are very coomon inthose regions.

mj

Offlinebowhunter
Stranger
    #2760499 - 06/03/04 11:21 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks john that helps me. Ive been really impressed with the people in this community and how helpful everyone is, thanks. I hunt in the months of aug and sept. mostly in the blue mountains. But I have good access to the cascades. If my reading is correct very few active's grow from what the wild gives, ie. pine, dougles fir ect. Its more common for them little babies to pop up in bark of other kinds of trees, hardwoods. which are not common here. Well this weekend im headed up to the mountains, ill be looking, p. stunzii, and conocybe cyans, according to my reading are about the only things growing around this time. Thanks everyone KT

Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #2760517 - 06/03/04 11:26 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

you wont find stuntzii up in the mountains...

If you go high enough you might be able to score some morels still though.  I've hunted around Packwood a bit, lots of good edible hunting round there :smile:...

DH

Offlinebowhunter
Stranger
Re: help in washington, blue's or cascades [Re: spores]
    #2760545 - 06/03/04 11:34 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

well im new and thats what ive read grows in washington, and during june, thats why im here. I guess ill just have to wait until fall then. MMmmmm morels, so good, to eat, so good.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #2760770 - 06/03/04 02:38 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

CONOCYBE CYANOPUS IS THE SPECIES. iT MEANS cONE HEAD BLUE fACE.
It grows in April am nd may along streams and river banks asjoining farms out of sphagum moss. I strongly urge people not to collect orance to cinamon colored spores or shrooms becasue of their color association with the deadly Galerina and COncoybe filaris mushrooms.

mj

Offlinebowhunter
Stranger
Re: help in washington, blue's or cascades [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2760784 - 06/03/04 02:45 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Exactly, I want to stay in the Psylocybe species due to the fact they are a little easier to recognize. Purple brown spores, like you said. Im trying my best to make sence of all this information you guys are great. I dont want anything to do with the galerina family. Have to be 100% sure and its hard when your new to all of this. Ive been reading at this web site for two days now and my head hurts of all this information. Ill keep at it. Thanks guys

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds