Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: Beauty contests [Re: Swami]
    #2755769 - 06/02/04 02:30 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

no wait!!!  hold on for just 5 more min....I need to call someone  :grin:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineScarfmeister
Thrill Seeker
Loc: The will to power
Re: Beauty contests [Re: kaiowas]
    #2756152 - 06/02/04 08:37 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

the bone structure of the face has nothing to do with chromosomal damage. Some people have pleasing features and some don't.

And i think baldness has something to do with excess testosterone production or some bi product of testosterone.

--------------------
--------------------
We're the lowest of the low, the scum of the fucking earth!

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Beauty contests [Re: Scarfmeister]
    #2756707 - 06/02/04 12:24 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

the bone structure of the face has nothing to do with chromosomal damage. Some people have pleasing features and some don't.

Symmetry is an outward indicator of genetic health, and the most beautiful people have more symmetrical faces than the average person.

(Damn, I got great genes!  :cool: Come and get 'em ladies.)

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleCJay
Dark Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Riding a bassline
    #2757278 - 06/02/04 03:04 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

That is all beauty shows are about
because they are about the visuals
vision is the instant indicator
but
there is more to genetic makeup than looks alone
state of health
and the peerson's susceptability to disease
intellligence
strength of mind, body, character

All you see at the show is a snapshot for the primary sense - the eyes

OfflineMizzJazzy
The Loved andLoathed

Loc: Florida, USA
    #2757414 - 06/02/04 03:47 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

"Beauty"

Defined by Webster as:

1 : the quality or aggregate of qualities in a person or thing that gives pleasure to the senses or pleasurably exalts the mind or spirit : LOVELINESS

2 : a beautiful person or thing; especially : a beautiful woman

3 : a particularly graceful, ornamental, or excellent quality

4 : a brilliant, extreme, or egregious example or instance <that mistake was a beauty>

5 : a quantum characteristic that accounts for the existence and lifetime of the upsilon particle; also : a particle having this characteristic 

I know I've said it before, but there is beauty in EVERYONE.

Each creation, each being, is beautiful.
To me, complexity is beautiful. A complex being is FULL of unique qualities.... and will eventually be FULFILLED.

Didn't mean to get all philosophical, but Beauty pagents are such... CRAP.  The ideal "beauty pagent" would be full of beautiful women, all shapes, colors, sizes, ethnicities... lil' boobie, big boobies.... lil' booties, big booties... lil' tight waists or round "cushin' for the pushin' midsections.

I've always wanted to start a magazine or strip clup with grils of ALL varieties. :smile:  There is NO DOUBT that everyone has different preferences, right?  Anyone wann help me out an ivest? lol

Anyhow... as far as the "morality" about it, well, the only immoral this is for the women who do it just to get money because they fel like that's all they've got. Tooooo sad.

But those of us who enjoying being feminine--- not FEMINIST--- GO FOR IT! I love people... all walks of life.

No problem with a lil' showin' off... and takin' some cash and fame in the process! :smile:

--------------------
"The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind."  -Humprey Bogart

:fire: "Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket?" :fire:

Edited by Jazzy (06/02/04 03:54 PM)

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
    #2757645 - 06/02/04 04:56 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Beauty, IMO, is an evoltionary feature of genetic selection. We look to cross our genes with a 'desirable' set. Basically natural selection for ugliness and undesirable genetic disformaties. This is not to say our Western ideal of beauty really that important towards evolution, as (not trying to stereotype) but a lot of attractive women I know are quite stupid :smile:.

Offlinejono
misc.
Loc: Sydney, Australia
    #2758313 - 06/02/04 08:23 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I think that science has come to the conclusion that there is elements of beauty that are regarded as ingrained in a genetic / instinctual sense (ie symmettry of facial features, no obvious disabilities etc etc).

But there is also a large degree of beauty that is socially conditioned. That would seem to dispute your notion of it being simply about genes talking. It doesnt take too much of a stretch of the imagination to illustrate this point either.

To begin with, consider the commonly accepted, and propogated notion of what was beautiful during the Renaissance in Italy. Plump to fat women and men were regarded as beautiful and desireable, (as it reflected excess, money, prosperity etc). But this is obviously in contrast to the skin and bones models that adorn the cat walks and covers of beauty magazines today. Science has shown us today, that being overweight is definitely not a sign of 'genetic near perfection'

A lot of what was considered beautiful is also tied up with what is considered fashionable or popular. I mean take a look at how they were dressed in the eighties!! *shudder*

Anyway just a few more points to consider.

Jono.

--------------------
Our problem results from acting like cowboys on a limitless frontier when in truth we inhabit a living spaceship with a finely balanced life-support system." David C. Korton

OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

Re: Beauty contests [Re: jono]
    #2758490 - 06/02/04 09:02 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Strip-down, bare-ass naked beauty's all about your genes and your environment. Ie.. I've got good genes, but I'm lazy, so I'm starting to get a gut.
In its most base form, beauty's all about health. Good physical health, and fertility.

The whole kabob about mixing genes, that's true, but I don't think it's tied so much to beauty, per se. More to different kinds of people. I've had ideas about this that are totally undeveloped and not thought into well, but basically everyone's got a "type".. some people like tall people, or short, or redheads or blondes, or sharp noses or strong chins, or.. yeah i'll stop. Now taking into account my disclaimer, I've noticed that a lot of people's "types" are different than themselves. And it's even more obvious when you're going to a college that all of a sudden gets an influx of young Japanese students, and even the less attractive Japanese girls had flocks of guys after them.. and this would be before anyone knew about them personally so it's all appearance. Attraction to something different.. it's always a good choice to hedge your genetic bet by throwing them willy-nilly all over, but if all over is all the same genetic material.. if there's a problem with that material, your genes are fooked. If you diversify there's a lesser chance that genetic defects will surface, or that conditions would arise that would be biologically devastating for your genes, such as a plague that has never been around before.. the diverse genes may already carry a protection to it.

OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
Re: Beauty contests [Re: Mushmonkey]
    #2758749 - 06/02/04 09:46 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

yeah, ive never seen a healthy, fit woman who didnt seem attractive in some way.

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order