Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Does growing ever drag you (or a friend) down into anxiety?
    #2755796 - 06/02/04 02:54 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

After growing for more then a year, my kitten confided to me today that lately she has been more paranoid then usual regarding her mushie grow. She has scary dreams about the DEA coming in and busting her, is worried that her phone is tapped and that her computer is being watched. At night she grows especially edgy, afraid to close her eyes for a long time lest she open them and find that the DEA was watching her. (weird, huh?)

The thing is, that she has gotten very successful with growing and enjoys it very very much! She gets so much satisfaction from the process beginning to end, but the paranoia is also getting more intense with every grow she does. She is thinking maybe it is time to take some time off from growing for awhile.

So how about it people? Have you (or a friend) ever become so overwelmed by paranoia and anxiety about a grow that you felt like you couldn't continue to do it anymore? Stories and feelings appreciated.

*me*

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Does growing ever drag you (or a friend) down into anxie [Re: MOTH]
    #2755811 - 06/02/04 03:02 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Grower's guilt sucks, but it is a fact of growing in certain places of the world. It is especialy tough for people with strong moral values... because, anti-drug propoganda is learned at a very young age.

Remember, your guilt is mostly from LAWS... sorta' like religious guilt.

What do you do about it?

Well, if you are good at growing, chances are you can get a good supply in one grow. You won't need to grow constantly.

Look into sclerotia producers. They are fruited in the jar. You can put 'em in a closet for a few months... then harvest.

Spend your time growing edibles and medicinals, only cultivate cubes if and when you need more.

Do not talk about your grows while you are growing.

Be a good neighbor.

Don't sell what you grow.

That's all I can think of.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineIamthewalrus
every evening Idied and everynight I wasreborn
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
Re: Does growing ever drag you (or a friend) down into anxiety? [Re: MOTH]
    #2755817 - 06/02/04 03:11 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I have an anxiety problem so I know how you feel... let me ask you this. Have you told anyone in rl about growing? do you have ppl coming to your house looking to purchase them or trade or whatever? if not I'd say your safe.. then again I am not in the us so I don't have to worry about the DEA

Offlinethrice
Stranger
    #2757066 - 06/02/04 02:12 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Depending on the size of your grow room, I wouldn't worry about it. The DEA is more worried about Meth labs and kilo's of cocaine. I doubt a small time shroom grower is high priority on the DEA's list.

Second, you have to ask yourself; whats the worst that could happen? Most likely you could take a plea in court and I doubt they would be asking for jail time. Of course that is if your only growing personal.

--------------------
"I've got high friends in places".

Offlinesublimesubmind
enthusiast
    #2757435 - 06/02/04 03:54 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

anything that fits in a closet would be considered personal. You probably would have to have a pretty good previous criminal record for them to want to charge you as a dealer.

But then again, that would be the only time you would get caught anyway. So if youre dealin the stuff, then be paranoid.

Oh, and dont have too many crazy parties at the house youre growing! its really common sense

But really the whole thing sucks because it is a stupid law. people enjoyu this hobby and enjoy these mushrooms. they are not violent and dont harm others, why are they soooo bad?

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London
Trusted Cultivator
    #2757524 - 06/02/04 04:23 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

wrong forum

--------------------
buh

OfflineShroomyMcPot
Male

Loc: TX
Re: Does growing ever drag you (or a friend) down into anxiety? [Re: thrice]
    #2757608 - 06/02/04 04:45 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Its not the DEA i'm worried about, its the small town cops looking to bust a "big time dope dealer". I think growing mushrooms falls under manufacturing a controlled substance, and often has minimum mandatory sentances. I could just see my small town hick newspaper:

"Local man, 23, was arrested today for running a mushroom growing ring, police confiscated four mushroom cakes, and say they were capable of producing 760 pounds of dangerous illegal mushrooms, a street value of over 6 million dollars."

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Does growing ever drag you (or a friend) down into anxiety? [Re: shirley knott]
    #2757633 - 06/02/04 04:54 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

shirley knott said:
wrong forum

How is this the wrong forum? It's technically a question that pertains to growing. The growers frequent here...

*me*

InvisibleHallucinogen
Raoul Duke

Loc: Amsterdam
    #2757665 - 06/02/04 05:03 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Nope, its legal here.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Does growing ever drag you (or a friend) down into anxiety? [Re: Hallucinogen]
    #2757864 - 06/02/04 05:59 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Drying isnt though is it? Still better watch yourself :smile:

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crankytown, Texas
    #2757871 - 06/02/04 06:01 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

We need to talk.. :smirk:

--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

Offlineflyskimmah
Stranger
    #2757930 - 06/02/04 06:18 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I came on the message board looking to search for a similar line of discussion, and then I see this right in front of me, so first of all thanks for asking. I am in the middle of my first grow and at first I was very excited about the process and the eventual outcome but paranoia has seeped in since. I believe that the drug war in this country is a joke to say the least, and I comfort myself with a line from MLK that said something to the effect that we have a duty to disobey unjust laws. Nevertheless it is against the law and there are certain risks. Does anyone know what the consequences are for being caught with a personal stash, worst case scenario? A few have mentioned no jail time. That's good to hear. What about the effect it could have on employment? I have a respectable job working for a large, international firm. Would they necessarily have to find out about it? If so, I don't think they would look favorably upon it. I guess I've answered the question with a few more questions, but these things have been on my mind as well. Thanks for the input in advance.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates