Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Dr. Rock

Loc: Vulva, WA
Turd's Friendly Gravity Bong Guide (for dummies)
    #2757741 - 06/02/04 07:29 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Hey people....  I?m here to share knowledge.  I know we all know how to make gravity bongs, but I have yet to meet anyone who knows this design, which I?ve found works exceptionally well.  It?s compact, clean, VERY efficient, cheap, and a cinch to make.

The basic idea is a gravity bong that water filters your smoke, and is 100% efficient (there is no smoke lost during bowl roasting or smoke inhalation).

I?m sure some of you know how to do this, but making a guide for this was suggested by several people, so I figured why not....  I?m bored as hell......spread the knowledge eh?

• Safeway Select "Clear" flavored water bottle, 8oz
  • Large straw (or whatever size you can find the will fit your stem)
  • Stem (I used a metal stem for mine, I?ve broken 3 glass stems with my GB and finally learned my lesson.  Glass tastes better, but financially... I suggest metal.)
  • Candle (or other wax source)
  • Seran Wrap (or other, similar thin plastic.  ex: tape, piece of baggie, etc)
  • Lighter
  • Scissors or knife
  • Pencil or Pen, or other round object about that diameter

Step 1
First things first.  Drink all your damn "Clear".  Or pour it out.  Then clean it out so it doesn?t taste like flavored water.  It?s really up to you, some of those things don?t actually taste that bad.... but I digress.  The fruity smell will be gone after a couple uses anyway.

Step 2
Take the cap of the bottle.  First, remove the plastic seal thing on the inside, if it has one, then use you lighter to soften up a spot in the middle of the actual cap.  Immediately after heating it, use your scissors or knife to bore a hole that will hold your stem as tightly as possible.  Don?t worry about the edges being jagged, as long as the stem fits.  We?ll seal it better soon.

Step 3
Insert stem into hole, with the bowl facing out (duh).  Take your candle, light it, and carefully drip wax around the edge of the hole, so that it becomes an airtight seal.  The advantage of using wax instead of, say, melted plastic, is that it?s easy to repair.  If it cracks or you need to replace the bowl for some reason, you can easily re-melt the existing wax with your lighter in a matter of seconds, and it always forms a great seal.  Also, it doesn?t give off any nasty fumes when heated.

Step 4
Attatching the straw to the stem.  First, check your straw, and see if it would work better on the outside or the inside or the stem.  I advise finding one small enough that it just barely fits inside the stem, as it will be far easier to seal.  If necessary, cut a small slit down the side of the straw (about 3/4 of an inch long, though it depends on your stem), that will help it fit a little better.  Then, wrap a small amount of Seran Wrap around the spot where the straw meets the stem.  Make sure all potential leak spot are covered.  Before sealing it, however, make sure that when the cap is fully screwed on, the straw is angled slightly towards one side of the bottle, so that the end comes within a quarter inch of the side.  This will greatly increase air flow if you follow all the steps.  Take your lighter and hold it about 2 inches under the seran wrap (wrapped tightly), and gently heat it until the seral wrap tightens enough to seal it.

Also Observe (and notice the straw tilt):

Step 5
Grab your bottle.  After testing the cap and finding out which way the straw points, melt a hole in the bottom/side/corner of the bottle on the EXACT OPPOSITE SIDE of where the straw is pointing.  THIS IS CRUCIAL.  If the straw points towards the drain hole, it will not draw the smoke into the bottle very well.  Also, you can use the pencil/pen to shape the whole better.  Make sure you?re able to cover it completely with your finger, or it will leak, and make for a very messy bongulation.

And that?s it!  You?re done!  Time to get fucked out of your tree!

OK, now that you?ve constructed your monstrosity, time to try it out!!  It?s really simple to use, and you probably already know, but I?m going to write this out anyway.  First, have a friend load up the bowl.  While he does that, you take the bottle part of the machine and place one finger over the hole on the bottom, then fill it up with water (fill it up to within about 1/2 inch of the top for best results).  Being careful not to squeeze the bottle, screw the cap/bowl/stem/straw onto the full bottle (finger still on the hole!!).  With the bottle angled so that the hole you?re covering is the lowest point (helps A LOT), light the bowl.  With the lighter still burning your love grass, take your finger off the hole, so the water drains and pulls the smoke down into the bottle.  If all is in order, there should be lots of little smoky bubbles coming from the end of the straw.  Once 95% of the water is drained, screw the cap off and suck the smoke out of the bottle, in one breath if possible.  Good luck and godspeed!

I will add pics of the best technique for GB use later tonight.

Hopefully this hasn?t been a total waste of your time.... if even one person hasn?t heard of this technique and tries it out, then my mission has been accomplished.

Peace  :rocket:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
Re: Turd's Friendly Gravity Bong Guide (for dummies) [Re: Turd]
    #2758021 - 06/02/04 08:58 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

hey that was great, im gotta try this out!

Loc: Wrapped in an imbroglio
Re: Turd's Friendly Gravity Bong Guide (for dummies) [Re: chodamunky]
    #2758055 - 06/02/04 09:10 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

however, I would recommend a 3 litre bottle instead (hawaiian punch for example)

Dr. Rock

Loc: Vulva, WA
Re: Turd's Friendly Gravity Bong Guide (for dummies) [Re: schmektron]
    #2758089 - 06/02/04 09:21 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

any size will do, depending on your lung capacity and smokey experience :smile:

tennis shoes
Male User Gallery

Loc: Nationwide Flag
    #2758149 - 06/02/04 09:41 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I've always called those waterfalls, around here gravity bong refers to what a lot of people call "buckets". Whatever you call that contraption though, it will get you fucked up!

Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
    #2758157 - 06/02/04 09:45 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah thats what we call waterfalls.

This is the only time I really feel alive.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub