Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineEightball
whore consumer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Bush Family Fortunes - BBC Documentary by Greg Palast
    #2757677 - 06/02/04 07:07 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

i just watched this and probably need to get some blood pressure medicine. heres the bit torrent link for the video (56 minutes, 416MB), it wont be up forever so download now. http://66.90.75.92/suprnova//torrents/18...-avi(1).torrent

this video by the bbc probes into the bush family and their shadey money and blood line. their ability to whore themselves to special interests such as enron and the company who created lists of people who were felons to keep from voting in florida that was 95% (NINETY-FIVE PERCENT) WRONG! they got at least 1 additional contract worth 60 million$ immeadiately after bush took office. then theres Bush links to bin ladens. yes thats right. just watch it and wonder how we let that pathetic sack of shit GW into power.

if you dont have bit torrent and want to watch this, download a copy here http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/bittorrent/BitTorrent-3.4.2.exe?download then go run/download the .torrent file linked up top to procede to download the video over bit torrent.

--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and you're holding on.you'll see devils tearing your life away.
But...if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels
Freeing you from the earth.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: Bush Family Fortunes - BBC Documentary by Greg Palast [Re: Eightball]
    #2757892 - 06/02/04 08:09 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

thanks man, dl'ing as we speak.

I just mentioned palast earlier today.

good stuff.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

#2760376 - 06/03/04 12:38 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

damn, I only got 50% overnight and everyone stopped seeding.

hook it up, kneegrow!

--------------------

OfflineTao
Village Genius

Loc: San Diego
Re: Bush Family Fortunes - BBC Documentary by Greg Palast [Re: afoaf]
    #2760423 - 06/03/04 12:53 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

yeah, that did not work well. :frown:

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Re: Bush Family Fortunes - BBC Documentary by Greg Palast [Re: Tao]
    #2760821 - 06/03/04 04:57 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

there's a great video of palast on washington journal
up on the cnn website right now.

good stuff.

looks like some other heads have started seeding again.
it's slow going, but it's loading.

--------------------

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Bush Family Fortunes - BBC Documentary by Greg Palast [Re: afoaf]
    #3290582 - 10/28/04 07:23 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Thought it might be a good idea to bring this back to the top for the election..

The full video can also be streamed here: http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article4115.htm

Here's from Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0002T7YWQ/104-1756809-1544722?v=glance

In Bush Family Fortunes: The Best Democracy Money Can Buy, journalist Greg Palast argues persuasively that George W. Bush was allowed into the Air National Guard ahead of other applicants due to his political connections; paints a damning portrait of how over 90,000 Florida voters, predominantly black, were prevented from voting in the 2000 election; discusses the number of government contracts handed out to large corporate donors to Bush's campaign--and that's just the first half-hour. Palast doesn't have the cinematic savvy of Michael Moore, but Bush Family Fortunes acts as a valuable corollary to Fahrenheit 9/11, exploring certain facets of the same argument--specifically, that the Bush family is detrimentally tied to both the Saudi Arabian ruling elite and the American oil industry, with whom they trade influence and money for mutual benefit. Palast's investigations will stir the blood of any Democrat and may raise doubts in some Republicans. -- Bret Fetzer

Michael Moore
"Courageous Reporting"

Description
This hour long documentary follows the award-winning reporter-sleuth Greg Palast on the trail of the Bush family, from Florida election finagling, to the Saudi connection, to the Bush team?s spiking the FBI investigation of the bin Laden family and the secret State Department plans for post-war Iraq. These are the hard-hitting reports that have been seen in films like Michael Moore?s Fahrenheit 9/11, broadcast internationally on BBC Newsnight television, and are found in Palast?s international bestselling book The Best Democracy Money Can Buy.

Music by Moby (tracks from multi-platinum album Play)

Originally produced by the BBC and completely updated and re-edited for this US DVD Exclusive edition

Contains these Exclusive Extras:

Exclusive Interview with Greg Palast on topics ranging from the state of journalism and the media in the U.S. to the Help America Vote Act and computerized voting.This exclusive bonus feature allows viewers to look closer at the trail of money and political paybacks that are second nature within the Bush Family?s political practices.

Interactive Documents (DVD-ROM) (see sample here: http://www.gregpalast.com/dvd_extra/intro.htm) This exclusive bonus feature allows viewers to look closer at the trail of money and political paybacks that are second nature within the Bush Family9s political practices.

Invisibleusefulidiot
It's notfascist, it's...Neoconservative!

#3294470 - 10/29/04 05:49 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

That is a really good video.  Palast owns Bush :thumbup:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion