Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineRedEmeraldOrcard
Informed practitioner

Re: Psilocybe cubensis data collection only (no Id req) please help [Re: Stable Genius] * 1
    #27551498 - 11/20/21 05:37 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Date: November 20, 2021

Time found:evening

Temperature:62
General location:
opelousas, LA

# of days since last rain:

fog or dew present:
( yes or no): dewpoint 55

Humidity:
75 %
Substrate:
cow manure

Area found:
short grass directly from manure in pasture

other: found in a tight spot right along pathway

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRedEmeraldOrcard
Informed practitioner

Re: Psilocybe cubensis data collection only (no Id req) please help [Re: RedEmeraldOrcard] * 1
    #27565286 - 12/01/21 08:02 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Date: December 1, 2021

Time found:night

Temperature:58

are temperatures at or above 95
f?  no
General location:Louisiana
# of days since last rain:  3

fog or dew present:none
Humidity:87%

Substrate:cow manure

Area found:tall grass directly from manure in open pasture
other:dry grass

OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gulf Coast USA
Trusted Identifier
Re: Psilocybe cubensis data collection only (no Id req) please help [Re: RedEmeraldOrcard] * 1
    #27566165 - 12/02/21 12:17 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

See if you also observe this:
As temperatures drop, fruits become smaller in stature and hug the substrate more, but fruit potency increases

--------------------

Psilocybe cubensis data collection thread. please help with this project if you hunt wild cubensis.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=26513593&page=0&vc=1#26513593

OfflineStable Genius
Radicalised
 User Gallery

Loc: Wide Bay Orstralia
Re: Psilocybe cubensis data collection only (no Id req) please help [Re: Doc9151] * 2
    #27566320 - 12/02/21 02:15 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Hi Doc, in regards potency.
One of the first things I did when I started growing cubensis indoors was to make an outdoor patch for the expected failures being a new grower.

When temperatures got a bit hot in summer a few trays of spawn went bad so they were put outside in the failure patch and covered with wet hessian/burlap.
A week to 10 days or so later some cubes popped up.

I'd come home from work and water them late afternoon and put the sack back over them, then take the sack off first thing in the morning so they'd get some sun.
I was able to do this for between 2-3 weeks, and whilst they never got much bigger they maintained and didn't shrivel up or turn the caps up.

When I thought they had peaked in size I tried the biggest one, the shroom in my avatar.
When it was chopped up to make tea I noticed how thick the stem was, really chunky, you can see a cut portion of the stem in the saucepan on the stove.

That shroom kicked my arse. I was fully blinked out for almost an hour and either side of blinking out was in all sorts of discombobulation. It was waaaaaay stronger than any indoor cubensis I've cultivated.

I had a few people say no way could it be any stronger but I do not agree with that view at all lol.
Just thought I'd mention that seeing as you were asking about potency.

Cheers.

OfflineMpSeph
Cow Field Creature
Male User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe cubensis data collection only (no Id req) please help [Re: Stable Genius] * 1
    #27566585 - 12/02/21 05:44 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

I've noticed (from my experience) that wild fruits found in the colder months at the end of the main season here in Texas, don't bruise as much as spring/Summer fruits.

--------------------
Tips For A Beginner Mushroom Hunter

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27146775

One Who Hunts Mushrooms Is A Mushroom Hunter. One Who Eats Them Without Knowing What They Are, Is A Dumb Mushroom Hunter. - Seph

OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Psilocybe cubensis data collection only (no Id req) please help [Re: MpSeph] * 1
    #27567337 - 12/03/21 08:16 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

MpSeph, that is an interesting observation. Are these cowpie shrooms or ?

I don't see as many cubensis in Horse manure out in the pasture during winter months, but horse manure doesn't stay together as long as cow poo and doesn't seem to retain moisture as long, so Ive found more in the rainy season that grew strictly from Horse poo

Cow manure,  this is a much better guarantee to find fruits than horse pastures. Other than the horse poo substrate, cow manure produces bigger flushes and fruit, but horse poo compost, because of it's size will produce massive flushes of monster fruits.

I have seen people say substrate doesn't affect potency, but I have had the opposite experience. The most potent, ass kicking cubes that I've ever had, came from horse poo compost that came from cleaning out the stalls. However,  I have to say that this is subjective and anecdotal at best and based on the experiences of myself and my fellow travelers.

--------------------

Psilocybe cubensis data collection thread. please help with this project if you hunt wild cubensis.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=26513593&page=0&vc=1#26513593

OfflineRedEmeraldOrcard
Informed practitioner

Re: Psilocybe cubensis data collection only (no Id req) please help [Re: Doc9151] * 1
    #27568160 - 12/03/21 08:09 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

I find that winter shrooms are more compact and heavier for their size. Weight can vary in the cold weather in a way that is not dependent of height.  And potency is more relevant to weight than volume

OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #27571534 - 12/06/21 03:30 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

I think I understand you, but I I'm not sure that potency has anything to do with this,  because in my experience,  cubensis that grow in cold weather delay spore production and my opinion is that it the reason for potency discrepancies between warm and cold weather cubensis. I'm really hoping that the quantitative/qualitative testing becomes widely available soon, so I can have some evidence to back up my hypothesis.

--------------------

InvisibleSoutherner
Stranger

Loc: South
Re: Psilocybe cubensis data collection only (no Id req) please help [Re: Doc9151] * 1
    #27571579 - 12/06/21 04:02 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Date: Dec 1-6 2021

Time found:
Late morning - midday.

Temperature:
Temperature ranging from high 30s-60s at night and 50s-high 70s during the day.

are temperatures at or above 95°f?
No.

General location:
East Texas

Two light rains totaling ~.5” with precipitation before very low.

fog or dew present:
Early morning but gone by midday.

Humidity: 30-100% Hunting the morning after a light rain has provided the most fruits.

Substrate:
Cow manure

Area found:
Directly from older manure mostly under tree cover or right at the edge of it.

This was the smallest I found but only pictures I took. Three other larger mushrooms which dries to 6.5grams were also found. I’ll update with more photos as next pins mature.

other:
Has been a particularly warm and dry fall this year although some cubensis were found the day following a 37° night with no noticeable damage.

Invisibledizzy_simmons
Detective
Other

Loc: Interzone
    #27691463 - 03/11/22 05:44 PM (2 years, 1 month ago)

Date:
3/11/22

Time found:
morning, into afternoon (probly saw a couple pounds worth of specimens)

Temperature:
High of 88 (F), low of 70

No

General location:
Okeechobee County, FL

Thunderstorm occurred the night prior

fog or dew present:
No

Humidity:
84% relative (best I can do)

Substrate:
Cow manure

Area found:
open pasture, Short grass,  directly from manure

include pictures with data collection sheet.

other:

--------------------
UNDO YOUR DOMESTICATION

Looking for:
***The Land of the Free***

Ps. caerulipes  Ps. cubensis  Ps. cyanescens  Ps. ovoideocystidiata  Pan. cinctulus  Pan. cyanescens

OfflineMpSeph
Cow Field Creature
Male User Gallery

#27702522 - 03/20/22 02:56 PM (2 years, 28 days ago)

Yes, they are fruits from cow manure. I don't know why, but in the colder months, they don't show near as much bruising :shrug:

--------------------
Tips For A Beginner Mushroom Hunter

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27146775

One Who Hunts Mushrooms Is A Mushroom Hunter. One Who Eats Them Without Knowing What They Are, Is A Dumb Mushroom Hunter. - Seph

Invisibledizzy_simmons
Detective
Other

Re: Psilocybe cubensis data collection only (no Id req) please help [Re: MpSeph] * 1
    #27709390 - 03/26/22 11:27 AM (2 years, 22 days ago)

3/26/22

12PM

74 degrees F

(Less than 95F)

Found in Central Florida.

It rained ~2 days ago.

There was fog & dew this morning.

RH was only 31% when found.

Found growing directly from cow dung in a pasture.

I think it’s *too* wet now. Most of the field is flooded, & these specimens from a cow patty deposited on a large clump of perennial grass (above ground level) were the only ones found.

--------------------
UNDO YOUR DOMESTICATION

Looking for:

Ps. caerulipes  Ps. cubensis  Ps. cyanescens  Ps. ovoideocystidiata  Pan. cinctulus  Pan. cyanescens

OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Psilocybe cubensis data collection only (no Id req) please help [Re: dizzy_simmons] * 2
    #27709694 - 03/26/22 04:54 PM (2 years, 22 days ago)

Dizzy, go back 3-4 days after the water level drops.

--------------------

Invisibledizzy_simmons
Detective
Other

#27710217 - 03/27/22 07:53 AM (2 years, 21 days ago)

Wish I could, it was a last ditch effort before I leave Florida in a couple days. No more reports from me for a while!

--------------------
UNDO YOUR DOMESTICATION

Looking for:

OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Psilocybe cubensis data collection only (no Id req) please help [Re: dizzy_simmons] * 1
    #27710289 - 03/27/22 09:02 AM (2 years, 21 days ago)

Aww man, I would be looking every day in that case to take as much with me as possible

--------------------

InvisibleFrankAgora
Wanderer
 User Gallery

Loc: Florida
    #27755102 - 04/28/22 01:15 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Date: April 20

Time found: Morning
(morning, afternoon, evening, night.)

Temperature: Cooler evening (60s from the rain) leading into a day in the 80s
(If temperature is at freezing or below, how many days have temperatures been at or below freezing?)

are temperatures at or above 95°f?: no high temps for a few days
(if yes, for how many days or weeks?)

General location: NE FL, cattle country
(do not post exact location, nearest town or city)

# of days since last rain: light showers throughout week, heavy rain previous day
(If recently rained, how many successive days did it rain?):

fog or dew present: dewy as a decimal
( yes or no):

Humidity: Relatively high, rapidly dropping
Relative humidity is fine but if possible please use a soil hygrometer with a thermometer to measure water content and substrate temperature.
( Provide as much information as possible)

Substrate: Cow patties, mostly 3-6 months old
(Cow manure, Horse manure, compost or soil.)

Area found: open pasture, shaded areas of trees, wetter areas more fruitful
(Tall grass, open pasture, Short grass, under tree(s) , leaf litter, soil, directly from manure, etc.)

include pictures with data collection sheet. Regular cubies, nothing special except maybe a 50g wet anamoly

other: donkeys eat shrooms, no apparent effects haha
include any other information that you think may be pertinent to the growth of this particular species.

--------------------
Though your heart lays restless, Love itself will still your soul.

Offlinedreamwever
shroomster
Male

Loc: Australia
Re: Psilocybe cubensis data collection only (no Id req) please help [Re: FrankAgora] * 1
    #27759284 - 05/01/22 08:56 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Date:
April 25th

Time found:
afternoon, smallish in size

Temperature:
warmish 25C

April is autumn in Australia all under 86F

General location:
Beaudesert

4 days

fog or dew present:
none

Humidity:
Assume in the 70s or less

Substrate:
cow manure
Area found:
short grass chance siting roadside

Other notes of interest.
One of the wettest summers here in SE QLD Australia. The lack of fungi, was rather a shock, and initial thoughts - the drought we had could have affected the fungi.  In this case with the paddock where we usually go, being void of fungi apart from a few large (blue meanie look alikes).  Recent excitement of seeing shrooms on the footpath, did not have any actives at the field. I assume rainfall alone can no longer be a factor to mean there will be fungi in the fields. Its rather confusing

OfflineStable Genius
Radicalised
 User Gallery

Loc: Wide Bay Orstralia
Re: Psilocybe cubensis data collection only (no Id req) please help [Re: dreamwever] * 1
    #27759641 - 05/02/22 07:31 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

It's been a bit windy though :shrug:

Offlinedreamwever
shroomster
Male

Loc: Australia
    #27761691 - 05/03/22 05:11 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

That could be it also, or maybe lack of sun, has been more cloudy than sunny. I have seen cubes (only small) in may in the mountains at 15c, but sadly that paddock is now sold and i assume someone will build on it. See what the rain brings in the coming days

OfflineRedEmeraldOrcard
Informed practitioner

Re: Psilocybe cubensis data collection only (no Id req) please help [Re: Doc9151]
    #27863840 - 07/15/22 03:11 PM (1 year, 8 months ago)

Date:  July 5, 2022

Time found: Late morning into afternoon
(morning, afternoon, evening, night.)

Temperature: 90°
(If temperature is at freezing or below, how many days have temperatures been at or below freezing?)

are temperatures at or above 95°f? No
(if yes, for how many days or weeks?)

General location: Louisiana
(do not post exact location, nearest town or city)

# of days since last rain: 2
(If recently rained, how many successive days did it rain?):

fog or dew present: none
( yes or no):

Humidity: 62%
Relative humidity is fine but if possible please use a soil hygrometer with a thermometer to measure water content and substrate temperature.
( Provide as much information as possible)

Substrate: cow manure
(Cow manure, Horse manure, compost or soil.)

Area found: open pasture
(Tall grass, open pasture, Short grass, under tree(s) , leaf litter, soil, directly from manure, etc.)

include pictures with data collection sheet.

other: Temperature seemed to be just hot enough
include any other information that you think may be pertinent to the growth of this particular species.

Edited by RedEmeraldOrcard (07/15/22 03:12 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate