Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Loc: Deep in the system Flag
Canadians compared to Americans? * 4
    #27565816 - 12/02/21 08:14 AM (2 years, 3 months ago)

So I'm now almost four weeks in to working my dream job which is based out of Toronto, and, after spending four years working for various companies in the same field here in America, a couple of things have started to stand out:

1. Friendliness - These guys seem to be way above par when it comes to this metric. Only place I've seen it at this level before is Australia. Certainly up here in the NE USA, it's bloody hard to come by (at least the genuine stuff), and everyone I've worked with just seems so bloody serious all the time...

2. Happiness - These guys just seem so upbeat!! Making jokes all day, great manners, always saying hello/goodbye. They just seem such a cheery bunch, compared with the high levels of anger and grumpiness I see in NE.

3. Team Spirit - Wow, they've really got this one nailed. Constant reminders about how they have your back and the way they work together is just sublime!

Anyone want to chip in with some theories as to why there's such a dichotomy at play here, when geographically (it's only 8 hours drive between here and there), they're really just right next door?

--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePsicomb
shroom or die
Male User Gallery

Loc: the womb
Re: Canadians compared to Americans? [Re: Jokeshopbeard] * 9
    #27565819 - 12/02/21 08:19 AM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Glad to hear canada has been good to you:cool::sun:

America believes in the individual being the driving force of one's own future, rather than some other places that emphasize community, teamwork, etc... to be very important as well.

I feel like the American attitude of unnecessary self reliance just makes things harder for everyone

--------------------

When we constantly pull things apart trying to see how it works, we may end up with only an understanding of how to destroy something
- nick sand

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
Re: Canadians compared to Americans? [Re: Jokeshopbeard] * 5
    #27565839 - 12/02/21 08:31 AM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah I would, greed, power trips, assholishness, the need to control and be right all the time, Dickheadedness, superiority complexes, frat boy attitudes and all that encompasses being accepted as normal, the alpha male shit, self righteous religious mindset (or just plain self righteousness),and so on...American institutional learning facilities push these things as normal and something to strive for. Mediocrity is bad. Push, be the best, fuck everyone and anything that gets in your way.

Money and power are the ultimate goal. I got mine and you can get your too. FUCK everyone else who doesn't want that. Gotta get that dollar, make that money, have the most beautiful mate, best car, eat the best food. Why not a gold plated pizza? I can afford it. Fuck the poor they chose that life. Being thin is the most healthy way. Chubby is ugly and bad. Think like I do or your wrong, and so on into infinity. *sigh*

I like to keep a low pro and just fly low and go with the flow of part of the river I chose to float. I see the big ships and speed boats passing by and see them crash or disappear. I just float lazily along occasionally getting in a swift current. I use my paddles to direct me to the nice lazy river part and try to keep in the shade of the tree branches when it gets hot outside, and cover the boat with warm and cozy blankets when it's cold. I have been very lucky considering my choices and what I was born into.

TLDR: what psicomb said, lol.

--------------------

Invisibledeucedbi9
Stranger

Loc: UK
Re: Canadians compared to Americans? [Re: Jokeshopbeard]
    #27565862 - 12/02/21 08:43 AM (2 years, 3 months ago)

They ok with you being a potential plague carrier?

--------------------
whether low pressure sucks or high pressure blows...
it's a bugger to cycle in.

even though I'm feeling good
Something tells me I'd better activate my prayer capsule

OfflineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

Loc: United States Flag
Re: Canadians compared to Americans? [Re: deucedbi9] * 4
    #27565869 - 12/02/21 08:47 AM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Canada sucks I think your just hella biased against America thats why you had a bad experience q

InvisibleAhab McBathsalts
OTD Windmill Administrator
Other User Gallery Ultimate Champion: Blackjack

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Wind Turbine, AB
Re: Canadians compared to Americans? [Re: Jokeshopbeard] * 5
    #27565907 - 12/02/21 09:07 AM (2 years, 3 months ago)

It's the harsh and never ending winter. You gotta be friendly or you'd end up murdering your whole family during a blizzard. That and the weeds.

--------------------
"Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's going to die."

OfflineRoflspammer
Friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: New Hampshire
Re: Canadians compared to Americans? [Re: Ahab McBathsalts]
    #27565917 - 12/02/21 09:14 AM (2 years, 3 months ago)

I think you need to be there for longer than 4 weeks to make a call.
When we buy a Honda, we look for others with a Honda, and soon notice the road is full of them. Everywhere I've moved has always been full of the nicest people, until about a year and then I start noticing things.

I will say, Canadians have a way cooler park system than the US. It's as if they put a fence around the wilderness and said "Go in at your peril." Truly beautiful. In the US, you can find a McDonalds nearby and then sue the boulder for falling on you. I suspect that has more to do with population density than it has to do with the "intrinsic nature of Canadians."

OfflineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

Re: Canadians compared to Americans? [Re: Ahab McBathsalts] * 2
    #27565920 - 12/02/21 09:19 AM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah the cold dampers all manner of hostility. You ever notice the further south you go the more crazy stupid and violent people get all thr way to the equator. You'll get stabbed in Florida but in Maine or Vermont all they do is make small talk. There's also like 4 people in town that mostly keep to themselves so it's not a problem. Here in America people have to have race riots cuz a crackhead got crunched by cops but in Canada they don't even really have black people or cocaine that much. Basically they don't have alot the problems we have because they simpley have never face such difficult problems...yet let alone a never ended onslaught of bullshit like here. Basically it's a big bunch of fucking nothing up there. I can't take more than a ski weekend I need to mix it up at events and shows party like a rock star on all the readily available cheapest most pure drugs.  shit talk and jabber jaw but at the end the day find those deep connections and memories that will last a life time. I'll move up there once shit gets too hot down here for my blood and all the yokles set everything up better for me. :sadyes:

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Loc: 613 Flag
Re: Canadians compared to Americans? [Re: Jokeshopbeard] * 3
    #27565921 - 12/02/21 09:20 AM (2 years, 3 months ago)

A certain amount of Canadian politeness is more like veiled rudeness. People are generally pretty alright though. It’s just the weather that sucks.

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Re: Canadians compared to Americans? [Re: Roflspammer]
    #27565935 - 12/02/21 09:32 AM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Roflspammer said:
I think you need to be there for longer than 4 weeks to make a call.

Work wise; I disagree.

I'm pretty fucking good at reading people; a lifetime of travelling the world has taught me this well, and past experience says I'm rarely wrong based upon my first impressions.

--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

OfflineSugabearcrisp
Not Your Average Bear
Male User Gallery

Loc: maybe I had too much, too fast
Re: Canadians compared to Americans? [Re: Jokeshopbeard] * 2
    #27565938 - 12/02/21 09:34 AM (2 years, 3 months ago)

First off everyone in Rhode Island is pissed off cause they got screwed in terms of territory by Mass and Ct. I mean a large portion of the country couldn't even find Rhode Island on a map or name one famous person from the state. Besides the raunchiest strip clubs and the ostentatious displays of wealth in Newport what else is there?

The rest of the northeast is friendly and warm once you have known them for 20 years and learned to take it and dish it back in kind. I mean we are still better than NYC where they literally step over and around dying people on the sidewalk, we would at least have the decency to cross the street and mention it to the cops at the next dunkies.

obvs being sarcastic... my sincere comment is to remind you about the grass always seeming greener from the other side and of course wish you good luck in your new endevaour even if you are a turncoat

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Re: Canadians compared to Americans? [Re: Sugabearcrisp] * 1
    #27565942 - 12/02/21 09:35 AM (2 years, 3 months ago)

I dunno man; that corridor between NYC and Boston?

Seen some of the nastiest overall behaviour I've seen anywhere on the planet there.

--------------------
--Jac O'keeffe

OfflineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

#27565962 - 12/02/21 09:52 AM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah like I'm basically in the NYC metro area and like the level of witty shit talk is almost second to none only like maybe certain places in the UK can shit talk at the same pace. It's like people from out side this area of new England idk if its like the culture or schools but their fucking brains move slower. I could imagine ordering fast food in a place like Canada. I would lose it and jump across the counter. Just the amount of time wasted from fucking bumpkins is maddening. Over all the whole asshole culture here is to weed out the real ones. Basically it's opposite of the fake Canadian politeness. Like you get that shit in Vermont and Maine and shit too pisses me off so much. People don't say what they feel and are just fake. Here because there's so many people if someone is an asshole you tell them to go fuck themselves and everyone just moves on with thier day. But eventually you find real friends that aren't fake and you know for a fact have your back. Like for example there's not alot howdy doo between strangers but during covid we saw so much solidarity in the community. Everyone came together to help eachother and everyone pretty much seemed to be on the same page. We all followed the guidelines and as such we had the lowest infection rates then now we have like 80% people vaccinated and obviously maintained lowest rates in the country. :sadyes:

OfflineSugabearcrisp
Not Your Average Bear
Male User Gallery

Loc: maybe I had too much, too fast
    #27565966 - 12/02/21 09:54 AM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Jokeshopbeard said:

That isn't really new england. Places reachable by commuter rail or ferry are more of an extension of NY to me. Spend some time in Maine or New Hampshire and you'll find most are pretty friendly, half of them even have canuckian relatives.

OfflineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

Re: Canadians compared to Americans? [Re: CHeifM4sterDiezL]
    #27565970 - 12/02/21 09:56 AM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Also rhode island fucked themselves over during prince Phillips War aka like the most bloody war per capita in the reocrded history the continent which started the whole bad blood with natives and hundreds of years of cycles of war and retribution between them and early settlers. They're lucky to even be a state after CT had bail them out so many time in battles against the natives and then we had bail Massachusetts out after Lexington  concord and the rest the revolution had to invent all the guns that won the west too cuz their malarkey :facepalm:

OfflineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

#27565971 - 12/02/21 09:57 AM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Jokeshopbeard said:

Seen some of the nastiest overall behaviour I've seen anywhere on the planet there.

See this is what it is you don't understand the culture here don't be some pussy cry baby like omg theyre so mean people will eat you alive out here just tell them to go fuck their mother. :youseethisshit:

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Re: Canadians compared to Americans? [Re: Sugabearcrisp]
    #27565986 - 12/02/21 10:02 AM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Sugabearcrisp said:
Spend some time in Maine or New Hampshire and you'll find most are pretty friendly, half of them even have canuckian relatives.

Oh I have mate. Been fucking all over; I'm a rolling stone by nature, not a state near me I haven't spent considerable time in.

Upper Maine definitely a favourite spot of mine, probably cause they're close to those with the beady little eyes and flappy heads (as per South Park) and inherit some of the traits, including the bloody weather.

Quote:

CHeifM4sterDiezL said:
See this is what it is you don't understand the culture here

Yes that's exactly what it is. I just 'don't understand'. Thank you for correcting me, I am now enlightened. Praise Jeebus!!

--------------------
--Jac O'keeffe

Offlinetwighead
mͯó
I'm a teapot

Loc: Glenn Gould's Fuck Windmill Flag
    #27566024 - 12/02/21 10:19 AM (2 years, 3 months ago)

I don't like the NE too much - but then again fuck just about everything east of the cascades :snub:

Lmao I remember living in Idaho and being around bumfuck redneck assholes everywhere most of my life, then driving an hour north into canada and everyone was super nice and the cops even asked me 'if I was warm' on a winter night, instead of harassing me trying to get me to admit my guilt for something for an hour straight.

--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible...
    #27566328 - 12/02/21 02:21 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

I find ironic that you are comparing NE Americans to Toronto Canadians. They couldnt be more different! :lol:

The NE of America os notorious for Americans who are ill-tempered, rude, mean, impatient, hostile, etc. Not all of them of course but a large percentage. I think it has to do with the city life and the huge population densities there.

I know a few Canadians online and they have all been very friendly and welcoming. Is it the culture, the weather, the family genetic backgrounds? I just dont know.

Just recently, i made several friends with people from Seattle, Washington and wow, are they friendly! Similar to your description Jokeshop, these new Washington friends have so many positive attributes that Im thinking of moving there in the future (maybe). Is it the latitude, the culture, the weather? Again, i cant be sure but its an interesting and refreshing trend to discover.

And going back to childhood, i spent 9 months in Montana, and again, the friendliness of the people there was unmistakable and wonderful. Perhaps there is an element of latitude going on (with the exception of NE America of course). I should research more into these personality/cultural geographical trends. :strokebeard:

--------------------
"What you must understand is that your physical dimension affects everyone in the higher dimensions as well. All things are interconnected. All things are One. Therefore, if one dimension is broken or out of balance, then all other dimensions will experience repercussions." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:| Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. Welcome to the Next Great Era of Earth 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | 💧 Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method 💧 | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

InvisibleBikerB
Shucket Bitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Canadians compared to Americans? [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 1
    #27566336 - 12/02/21 02:24 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

If you think Torontonians are friendly, you should visit the Maritimes.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom