Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinethirtygoats
The #1 Nobody
Male
Loc: Ireland Flag
Man sentenced to 25 years in prison for 4 bottles of CBD Vape Oil * 2
    #27565714 - 12/02/21 08:19 AM (1 month, 16 days ago)

https://www.thesun.ie/news/7972334/billy-hood-son-dubai-jail-months-fear/?rec_article=true

Niamh Cavanagh
16:53, 25 Nov 2021Updated: 20:36, 27 Nov 2021

"A HEARTBROKEN mum has spoken out about her agony over her son who has been trapped in a hellhole jail in Dubai for eleven months.

Breda Hood, the devastated mother of Billy Hood, opened up about her fears that she may never see her son again as he pleaded with her not to forget him.

Last month Billy was sentenced to 25 years in prison after police found four tiny bottles of harmless CBD vape oil in his car.

The bottles were left by a pal who Billy had dropped off at the airport.

With that horrifying sentence, it means he will remain in Dubai's most notorious prison until his 49th birthday.

Speaking exclusively to The Sun Online, Breda, from West London, said: "It just feels unreal.

"There is no word in the dictionary to say how I felt [about the sentencing] or what I'm still feeling. It still sticks in my mind.

"He got 25 years? For what? You've taken away his life.

Breda first heard about what happened to Billy at the beginning of February after his friends had reported the football coach missing.

A few days after making enquiries, Billy's pals told his older brother Alex that he had been arrested.

"We sort of thought it wasn't going to be a major thing," Breda explained. "That's why we didn't go public with it for eight or nine months.

"Billy kept on saying 'don't worry about it, it's gonna get sorted.'

"It was stupid. We sort of laughed it off. I know it sounds silly now but that's what we did do. We just thought it was gonna get sorted and he'll be home soon."

But Billy's situation in Dubai went from bad to worse.

After the 24-year-old was handed down his sentence he vanished and lost contact with the outside world.

Billy's family had not heard from him after he was moved from one of Dubai's most notorious prisons.

His family were deeply concerned for his wellbeing after he claimed that he had damning evidence that Dubai cops framed him.

That's when he said 'please don't forget me'. I told him 'I will never forget you son, never'

Breda Hood
But last Sunday, Breda said she spoke to her son to which he explained he had been locked in solitary confinement for ten entire days.

"That phone call Billy gave last Sunday was heartbreaking," Breda said fighting back tears.

"I don't know if they have human rights over there but mental torture is what he has been through.

"Billy said he came close to thinking that was it for him. Ten days with bright lights on you in solitary confinement. It didn't think he was gonna come through."

Billy told his mum that the jail was "like hell on Earth".

"And I'm a mum I had to listen to that on the phone," Breda said.

"You watch prison programs on the telly and you see how they are treated in other countries but when it's your own son, it's so hard.

"And that phone call on Sunday, I will never forget it, I will never forget his words."

As he awaits the verdict for his appeal, Billy will spend his 25th birthday in appalling conditions in the notorious Al Sadr prison." "

Even more evidence of complete ignorance, which could be described as evil. Marijuana laws need to be revoked worldwide. They need to ask the president to request that he be deported from Dubai ASAP... or something. Something has to be done, like the journalist that was facing prison time but was released back to the Usa.

Edited by thirtygoats (12/02/21 08:25 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineSugabearcrisp
Not Your Average Bear
Male User Gallery

Loc: GSSR
Re: Man sentenced to 25 years in prison for 4 bottles of CBD Vape Oil [Re: thirtygoats] * 2
    #27565730 - 12/02/21 08:42 AM (1 month, 16 days ago)

I am sure pres brandon will help him

Offlineparadoxlost
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Man sentenced to 25 years in prison for 4 bottles of CBD Vape Oil [Re: Sugabearcrisp]
    #27565794 - 12/02/21 09:50 AM (1 month, 15 days ago)

if only he already hadn't fired a bunch of staff members for prior cannabis use and the US foreign policy establishes that we only go into the Middle East for oil, not for human rights violations.

i seriously, 100% believe that weed is illegal federally to maintain beneficial oil trading conditions with the Middle East. Like if we legalize it, OPEC will just stop production.

--------------------
[quote]koods said:
Asante, I don’t think we should have any sympathy and should celebrate the deaths of antivax/antimask activists. They are responsible for far more American deaths than al Qaeda ever was. Every time one of them dies ther movement of death is weakened.ut[/quote]

OfflineHarvest Wind
Road Man
Male

Loc: United States Flag
Re: Man sentenced to 25 years in prison for 4 bottles of CBD Vape Oil [Re: Sugabearcrisp] * 2
    #27565843 - 12/02/21 10:34 AM (1 month, 15 days ago)

Guy in article is a citizen of the UK, it's their jurisdiction. Perhaps you should cease sucking off your orange dictator long enough to read an article.

--------------------
"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." Carl Sagan

Like water, the strength of a few words can erode the colossal mountains of the mind to insignificant grains of sand.

OfflineSugabearcrisp
Not Your Average Bear
Male User Gallery

Re: Man sentenced to 25 years in prison for 4 bottles of CBD Vape Oil [Re: Harvest Wind] * 2
    #27565856 - 12/02/21 10:40 AM (1 month, 15 days ago)

Quote:

Harvest Wind said:
Guy in article is a citizen of the UK, it's their jurisdiction. Perhaps you should cease sucking off your orange dictator long enough to read an article.

I was responding to the op's comment, maybe you are the one who needs to take the dick out of your mouth and read a bit more closely :facepalm:

Quote:

thirtygoats said...They need to ask the president to request that he be deported from Dubai ASAP.

OfflineSporeJunkie
Pöåšt Šhïttēr
Male User Gallery

Loc: TheOnlyTenISee
Re: Man sentenced to 25 years in prison for 4 bottles of CBD Vape Oil [Re: Harvest Wind] * 4
    #27565876 - 12/02/21 10:50 AM (1 month, 15 days ago)

Orange dictator? Did you just crawl out of a cave? Biden is the president now. So, they’d have to cease sucking off their child touching, racist dictator.

--------------------
Royale with cheese

InvisibleChemicalSpark

Re: Man sentenced to 25 years in prison for 4 bottles of CBD Vape Oil [Re: SporeJunkie] * 1
    #27566133 - 12/02/21 01:48 PM (1 month, 15 days ago)

:whatyougonnado:

Edited by ChemicalSpark (12/17/21 07:48 PM)

OfflineSporeJunkie
Pöåšt Šhïttēr
Male User Gallery

Re: Man sentenced to 25 years in prison for 4 bottles of CBD Vape Oil [Re: ChemicalSpark]
    #27566244 - 12/02/21 03:24 PM (1 month, 15 days ago)

Yeah idk why anybody would go to that fucking place. I mean isn’t it common knowledge that they don’t fuck around when it comes to drugs? I’ve never even been on a plane and know to avoid that hell hole.

--------------------
Royale with cheese

OfflineSugabearcrisp
Not Your Average Bear
Male User Gallery

Re: Man sentenced to 25 years in prison for 4 bottles of CBD Vape Oil [Re: SporeJunkie]
    #27566296 - 12/02/21 03:59 PM (1 month, 15 days ago)

Most people go for contract work, I knew a couple guys in IT who did this, $250k a year but no drugs or alcohol and pretty much have to stay in the housing they put you up in when not at work.

Offlineparadoxlost
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Man sentenced to 25 years in prison for 4 bottles of CBD Vape Oil [Re: Harvest Wind]
    #27566465 - 12/02/21 06:01 PM (1 month, 15 days ago)

Quote:

Harvest Wind said:

You're just a bad person. I'm sorry.

--------------------
[quote]koods said:
Asante, I don’t think we should have any sympathy and should celebrate the deaths of antivax/antimask activists. They are responsible for far more American deaths than al Qaeda ever was. Every time one of them dies ther movement of death is weakened.ut[/quote]

OfflineThe Influence
Free Sheeks
Male User Gallery

Loc: Not Wisconsin
Re: Man sentenced to 25 years in prison for 4 bottles of CBD Vape Oil [Re: thirtygoats] * 1
    #27566753 - 12/02/21 09:12 PM (1 month, 15 days ago)

This is definitely a sad case; but I'm sure people there are well aware of the laws and the punishments that come with them.

Whether you agree with laws or not they have consequences...this guy found out they weren't fucking around with theirs....hope his appeal works out for him and he leaves that shithole country after.

Invisibledurian_2008S
Cornucopian Eating an Elephant
 User Gallery

Loc: Raccoon City
Re: Man sentenced to 25 years in prison for 4 bottles of CBD Vape Oil [Re: Sugabearcrisp]
    #27567085 - 12/03/21 02:06 AM (1 month, 15 days ago)

With all due respect for not having misadventures in other less-familiar shithole countries, besides where you live --
Quote:

he claimed that he had damning evidence that Dubai cops framed him.

--------------------
Spacebusters said, "You remember school, don't you? That place, where we learned about Pavlov's dogs, in class. Then, the bell rang, and we went to lunch."

OfflineSporeJunkie
Pöåšt Šhïttēr
Male User Gallery

#27567175 - 12/03/21 05:32 AM (1 month, 15 days ago)

Well that’d be a little different. I wouldn’t mind going on a short work trip or something. I’d definitely keep my head on a swivel though

--------------------
Royale with cheese

Invisibledurian_2008S
 User Gallery

Re: Man sentenced to 25 years in prison for 4 bottles of CBD Vape Oil [Re: SporeJunkie]
    #27567549 - 12/03/21 01:50 PM (1 month, 14 days ago)

:heart: Do they frame people?!

--------------------
Spacebusters said, "You remember school, don't you? That place, where we learned about Pavlov's dogs, in class. Then, the bell rang, and we went to lunch."

InvisibleCreonAntigone
Stranger
    #27567562 - 12/03/21 02:04 PM (1 month, 14 days ago)

Quote:

Sugabearcrisp said:
Most people go for contract work, I knew a couple guys in IT who did this, $250k a year but no drugs or alcohol and pretty much have to stay in the housing they put you up in when not at work.

I couldn't imagine not being able to walk around outside at all, like a prisoner. I don't like being cooped up. Essentially it sounds like contractors there have to basically behave like they force women to, never outside unsupervised, domestic prison.

InvisiblePsychoReactive
CocaTea.com
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cocalero
Re: Man sentenced to 25 years in prison for 4 bottles of CBD Vape Oil [Re: durian_2008]
    #27567566 - 12/03/21 02:05 PM (1 month, 14 days ago)

A UK DJ Grrooverider was caught with less than 2 grams of weed in a suitcase which was more like weed dust, and they jailed him for 4 years in Dubai. Only he was lucky, they released him after about 10 months in jail.

Don't take weed or CBD products to Muslim countries.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/whats-on/music/big-night-for-grooverider-73713

This guy is even less lucky:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-512815/Briton-jailed-years-Dubai-customs-cannabis-weighing-grain-sugar-shoe.html

--------------------
https://drivenanddesired.com

InvisibleAmanita86
OTD Admin
 User Gallery

Loc: hades
Re: Man sentenced to 25 years in prison for 4 bottles of CBD Vape Oil [Re: PsychoReactive] * 1
    #27567617 - 12/03/21 02:39 PM (1 month, 14 days ago)

Friendly spot….  Murica ain’t so bad once you start traveling.:themoreyouknow:

--------------------
:mushroom2:Orange clock, pencil:bouncysmoke:
"They threw me off the hay truck about noon...":fishing:
:mushroom2:*Mark 15:34:levitate::mushroom2::blueninja:
Gam zeh ya’avor...:sunny:

Invisibledurian_2008S
 User Gallery

Re: Man sentenced to 25 years in prison for 4 bottles of CBD Vape Oil [Re: Amanita86]
    #27567621 - 12/03/21 02:41 PM (1 month, 14 days ago)

I was going to be taken away from my parents for much less.

--------------------

InvisibleAmanita86
OTD Admin
 User Gallery

Loc: hades
Re: Man sentenced to 25 years in prison for 4 bottles of CBD Vape Oil [Re: durian_2008]
    #27567649 - 12/03/21 03:03 PM (1 month, 14 days ago)

Were you going to do 25 years?

--------------------
:mushroom2:Orange clock, pencil:bouncysmoke:
"They threw me off the hay truck about noon...":fishing:
:mushroom2:*Mark 15:34:levitate::mushroom2::blueninja:
Gam zeh ya’avor...:sunny:

Offlinekanemush
Grumpy
Male User Gallery
Re: Man sentenced to 25 years in prison for 4 bottles of CBD Vape Oil [Re: Amanita86]
    #27567655 - 12/03/21 03:08 PM (1 month, 14 days ago)

I'm not sure why this surprises people Dubai has been doing this for a long time. There actually lucky they didn't get stoned, fingers cut-off, or just plain executed. Considering the place this is a actually a light sentence from there normal justice system.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies