Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 1199 | 1200 | 1201 | 1202 | 1203 | 1204 | 1205 | 1206 | 1207 | 1208 | 1209 | 1210 | 1211 | 1212 | 1213 | 1214 | 1215 | 1216 | 1217 | 1218 | 1219 | Next > | Last >
InvisibleBaba Yaga
Fomo Kills The Cat

Loc: Try 'n' Error Boot Camp
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: PsiloPsychIn]
    #27564101 - 12/01/21 03:16 AM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Drboomer said:
I'm excited to see the tubs of pans. What your doing can go far to make pans look more accessible to people who don't want to build a fc.

I've been looking through the thread and it seems pans on agar are usually fluffy and occasionally a more dingy whit than cubes?

I'm starting to get nice even growth and thinking of going one more transfer then to li and lc to expand. Plan on running them pancake style.

Sounds like you got a plan in motion :thumbup:

My cultures go back and forth between tomentose/fluffy and flat/wispy all the time after a new transfer. Running all my plates @ 1% LME.

I'm really excited to see what these 6 clones have to offer although I haven't taken any from grown out fruits but from pins that popped up in
less than ideal conditions. I hope that was the right move to improve results.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHindsight
Mad Scientist
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Baba Yaga]
    #27564414 - 12/01/21 09:21 AM (2 years, 3 months ago)

I have a couple questions, but first, pic tax..... my first two Alabama cultures wouldn't fruit. My second two ARE fruiting. I hope these fruits keep getting bigger. This is obviously a bit sparse but I had an issue with my tent which I will explain in my question below.

I was out of town for a few days and my trays got too dry. Casings were very dry when I got back. I rehydrated the casings and some of the trays are producing pins now but I'm sure it stunted things quite a bit. I find I have to adjust my tent cycles every few days (as JOC has said he has to do as well) to keep things at the ideal levels. If I'm gone for 4 days, there is high risk of poor tent conditions occurring. The other problem is that I find my bottom trays end up wetter than my top drays. I believe this is because the fog tends to spend more time at the bottom of the tent, and because fog and fresh air are both flowing top to bottom, which causes more evaporation and less moisture addition on the top trays. If I'm here, it's easy to just move trays around as needed.

So here are my two questions:

1. Have you struggled with the top too dry, bottom too wet issue in your tent and if so, have you found any fix? I thought about a waterproof DC fan inside the tent to stir the air around but unsure it will really help and also want to avoid strong air currents for fear of drying out fruits.

2. How wet is too wet with pans? The ideal-state target I aim for is for the casing to look as absolutely soaking wet as possible yet see ZERO signs of water pooling at any part of the tray. Here is a pic of a small amount of water pooling in one corner. Question for you guys is - do you think a little bit of pooling (like shown in pic) is ok, or do you aim for my ideal-state target, or do you aim for dryer?

InvisibleMr Piggy
Big Dick Retard
 User Gallery

#27564462 - 12/01/21 09:44 AM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Baba Yaga said:
Sub prep....getting ready to spawn.

Really like the color scheme of this photo!

--------------------
πŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ„°πŸ„Ό πŸ„΅πŸ„ΎπŸ„ΈπŸ„»

OfflineEvertking
TrippingBalls
Male User Gallery

Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Mr Piggy]
    #27564810 - 12/01/21 02:12 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Mr Piggy said:
Quote:

Baba Yaga said:
Sub prep....getting ready to spawn.

Really like the color scheme of this photo!

Just said that to myself.. as a photographer I have to say it's a damn pleasure to look at!! Color can trump composition in some shots and this to me, it's all about the color!

Ok, back to the shrooms.. I suffer from depression and trying all the natural ways before I have to go on meds.. doctor wanted me to start them months ago. But .. from all that I have read Pans are far better at treating depression than cubes and I think Pan's are the answer and can give me my damn life back.

Thing is, I'm a noob and my grow logs in in my signature to see how I'm doing. I been told that it's just like growing cubes, it's just like cubes but you need manure and too hard to bother..

Can someone PLEASE clear this up for me? I have everything to grow cubes now and if it's as easy as going and buying a bag of shit, than I'm all over it. I don't have a tent, a fogger, a damn whatever but what I do have, is a real need for this to work. Anyone with depression knows what I'm talking about.

Thanks

--------------------
My grow diary                                                 

OfflineAdas
Lonely Dreamer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Central EU
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Evertking]
    #27564897 - 12/01/21 03:32 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Pans are easy and fast AF. But better against depression is Tampanensis, IMHO. They are the loveliest of mushrooms, in some sense. And you grow them like Cubes.

InvisibleBaba Yaga
Fomo Kills The Cat

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Adas] * 6
    #27565082 - 12/01/21 05:37 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

I agree with what Adas said in terms of pans being easy.

I grow pans in monotubs and lots of the info about this species is over complicating things IMO. Pans are not as crazy difficult as
some make them appear to be but they are a bit different / not exactly like cubes.

Have a look at the first link in my signature to find out how I grow panaeolus cambodginiensis in tubs. This is my take on them, others
might disagree or do things differently but I like it simple and results are good most of the times, certainly not hit or miss.

There are more people doing low tech grows of pans with different pan species so it it possible to achieve good results going low tech.

Here are the key points that I find important for a successful pan grow:

You need a clean culture and healthy spawn
, cubes can still produce decently with slightly bacterial spawn, but pans are not that
forgiving. Make sure your spawn it spot on.

Manure is probably one of the requirements that will make your pan grow more successful but manure containing compost works as well.
Both will require pasteurization.
I mix my manure or compost with coir. Field aged manure is nicer to work with as it is less muddy once hydrated.
Most people use straw but I don't find it to be essential.

Pans like it wet, providing ample moisture on the surface is one of the most important things IMO. From what I can see in your log it looks like
you are running your grows on the drier side, giving pans the moisture they need might seem way to much compared to what you are doing now but
look at pictures of how other keep their pan surface and read some of the TEKs.

FAE is important too but more so during the first days of fruiting judging from what I experienced. I achieve lots of FAE and high
humidity by leaving the bottom holes on my tubs open and restricting the flow thorugh the top holes and once pins are in I restrict the airflow by
partially taping up the bottom holes, sometimes I tape them up completely with micropore tape.

Colonizing and consolidating your sub is important, don't put your substrate into fruiting conditions straight away and let it consolidate
for 2-3 days after full colonization.

A casing and getting it on at the right time is crucial. You will want to case your substrate with 50/50 peat/verm, adjust pH with
lime or hydrated lime and pasteurize. Some people skip the lime or even the pasteurization of the casing but I keep doing it for now.

When you start out I would try 2 or 3 different species or varieties of pans and see which of the genetics are doing better with what you are doing.

Send me your address via PM and I will send you a print of my genetics. Format it as it has to be for international mail as I'm not US based.

Edited by Baba Yaga (12/01/21 05:50 PM)

Invisiblefungusul
Fungus Kingdom

#27565355 - 12/01/21 09:07 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

:popcorn:

OfflinePsiloPsychIn
PsiloPsychIn
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: up north
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: fungusul] * 2
    #27565364 - 12/01/21 09:22 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

That was really a thoughtful and generous reply Baba Yaga
My hat is off to you - a gentleman and a scholar.  :grampofapproval:

--------------------
What are they saying? Listen carefully, it might be something you need to hear...

Invisiblecambocyan

Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: PsiloPsychIn] * 8
    #27565689 - 12/02/21 05:43 AM (2 years, 3 months ago)

copelandia Jalisco

--------------------

OfflineA.k.aM
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Gaming the system
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Evertking] * 3
    #27565864 - 12/02/21 08:44 AM (2 years, 3 months ago)

I agree, tamps would be best for your situation.

They’re almost impossible to mess up because if you keep it wet you get mushrooms and too dry you get stones.

Plus they have a stimulant effect along with the psilocybin which does a great job counteracting the apathy and sluggishness that often come with depression.

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/22527453

--------------------
LAGM2020

OfflineHindsight
Mad Scientist
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: A.k.a]
    #27566233 - 12/02/21 01:15 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Speaking of tamps, I just knocked up some BRF pucks with a tamp syringe, so here starts the long road to fruiting my first tamps. I am looking forward to tripping on them since I've never had them before. 

My first flush of Alabama from MS. I am not sure if genetics or environment are the cause for them being so small. I have a tray of BVI that is looking like it's going to do the same thing, but with a lot more pins (which I hope won't abort).

Here is the Alabama:

Here is the BVI:

My casing got really dry while I was away last week so that could be responsible for such small fruits... really not sure.

InvisibleBaba Yaga
Fomo Kills The Cat

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Hindsight] * 1
    #27566250 - 12/02/21 01:28 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Might be that what you are seeing now is just a delayed expression of
what the mycelium thought was a sustainable amount of fruits to produce
during that drier period.

Fingers crossed for the second flush .

OfflineHindsight
Mad Scientist
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #27566468 - 12/02/21 04:05 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks Baba. With the really mixed results I've been having, I think I'm going to go the route of only using small 5"x5" plastic trays for any MS cultures I grow. It just feels like such a waste of space and materials to try growing out cultures that either don't fruit, or produce really sad results. This way I can fruit way more cultures in order to find the best ones. I'll save the big trays for clone cultures.

Oh, I swiped some Cambos last night - my first attempt. I'll be interested in seeing how they compare to the ones you have been working with in terms of size and ability to grow in tubs. Tents are really cool but I feel like you have to babysit them a lot more than tubs and when conditions go bad on you, it happens really quickly.

InvisibleBaba Yaga
Fomo Kills The Cat

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Hindsight] * 1
    #27566510 - 12/02/21 04:38 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Oh yes please, give it a shot and the smaller trays for MS make absolute sense.

Just spawned the first two clone jars. I try not to get my expectations up too high but hell I'm excited.
Got 6 clones in a total of 20 jars. I hope I will get them all spawned before Christmas.

Invisibleruawakeyet
 User Gallery

Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Hindsight] * 3
    #27566832 - 12/02/21 08:11 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Sorry I've been absent for a while. I've been busy and didn't have anything to contribute as the questions have been beyond my experience.

My Peace River Florida print has been giving me just as much bacteria as mycelium, so I might be trying my first run with antibiotic agar and attempt some more germ plates.

Hindsight, for some reason small plastic trays have not worked well for me at all. Even when using the same substrate, in the same environment, they hardly produced any fruits, while the large glass trays produced well. Granted, they were different cultures, but I eventually used the PHV 'D' in large trays and it did better. IIRC, Jake has said the same thing. While it makes sense in theory, I have stopped trying to use them.

Here is a picture that shows 3 large glass trays compared to 3 plastic meal prep trays:

InvisiblePastywhyteMDiscord
Say hello to my little friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: ruawakeyet] * 5
    #27566839 - 12/02/21 08:16 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Here is a couple of rather wild (F3) Pan cyan colonies being tortured in coir verm monotubs. 1:2 spawn ratio. Just cased em this afternoon, gonna put em into fruiting either tonight or tomorrow morning. Should be good for lulz πŸ˜‚

InvisibleBaba Yaga
Fomo Kills The Cat

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Pastywhyte] * 1
    #27566862 - 12/02/21 08:36 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Pastywhyte said:
Should be good for lulz πŸ˜‚

Will be interesting nonetheless

:camping:

OfflineHindsight
Mad Scientist
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: ruawakeyet] * 1
    #27566993 - 12/02/21 10:06 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

ruawakeyet said:
Hindsight, for some reason small plastic trays have not worked well for me at all. Even when using the same substrate, in the same environment, they hardly produced any fruits, while the large glass trays produced well. Granted, they were different cultures, but I eventually used the PHV 'D' in large trays and it did better. IIRC, Jake has said the same thing. While it makes sense in theory, I have stopped trying to use them.

I actually wondered if the smaller tray size might be less successful in fruiting - interesting to know that it has caused others problems. I will probably still give it a shot to see what happens but will keep my expectations low.

RE your dirty print, have you thought about germinating on a BRF cake instead of agar? I use those for spore syringes and they work great. When I use the same syringe directly on agar it’s pure bacteria. I hate spore syringes but sometimes it’s all you can get.

Invisibleruawakeyet
 User Gallery

Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Hindsight]
    #27567067 - 12/02/21 11:42 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Using a BRF puck is a good idea that I completely overlooked. I will be doing that tomorrow.

I was wondering how I got away with injecting spores directly into pan cakes, but can't get clean growth on agar from the same print. (I only tried direct spore inoculation once while I was waiting on agar ingredients, and didn't expect anything at all.) I wonder if the vermiculite helps contain bacteria by helping the myc outrun it.

InvisibleNobler Hino
a dojo and a forge?!
 User Gallery

Loc: Deep Ellum Flag
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #27567125 - 12/03/21 01:14 AM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Pastywhyte said:
Here is a couple of rather wild (F3) Pan cyan colonies being tortured in coir verm monotubs. 1:2 spawn ratio. Just cased em this afternoon, gonna put em into fruiting either tonight or tomorrow morning. Should be good for lulz πŸ˜‚

Right on. I always wait until the casing is a little colonized first. I bet you have a great harvest coming!

--------------------

"The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand. I ask them and they answer me.”
– Maria Sabina

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 1199 | 1200 | 1201 | 1202 | 1203 | 1204 | 1205 | 1206 | 1207 | 1208 | 1209 | 1210 | 1211 | 1212 | 1213 | 1214 | 1215 | 1216 | 1217 | 1218 | 1219 | Next > | Last >

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate