Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Loc: Amsterdam
Re: The Guide. A Psilocybin Cubensis B+ grow log [Re: Shroomintune]
    #27490384 - 10/02/21 08:51 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Awesome!  Do you have any suggestions on anything in the original post that is a gap in people's/your knowledge that may help in the future?

I eventually will update this with how I make my lids which are stupid simple(using USPS priority mail envelopes cut into discs as a filter to cover a hole punched through your lid, easy as it gets!)

I wanted to make the guide that I wish I had in 2009 to skip over the pf-tek completely for new cultivators.  I showed this to a friend of mine and he said it filled in holes in his understanding of the cultivation process which is what I want.

Thank you for your posts it means a lot!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShroomintune
Gentleman Farmer
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Outside of the Asylum
Re: The Guide. A Psilocybin Cubensis B+ grow log [Re: PreparationH]
    #27491045 - 10/03/21 12:56 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

PreparationH said:
Awesome!  Do you have any suggestions on anything in the original post that is a gap in people's/your knowledge that may help in the future?

What I found helpful about this thread was that it extracted some key steps from the more detailed Teks and summarized them in an easy to follow sequence.  It helped connect the different Teks together for me.

As a newb, one thing I struggled with is that I'd find a great Tek for say, making agar plates, or prepping grain, but I'd be missing knowledge of key steps to tie the different Teks together, for example:

• How to transfer spores from a print to an agar plate
  • How to clone from a fruit to agar
  • How cut wedges and transfer them to grain jars (where in the culture to transfer from, how big should they be, shake after transfer or not, that sort of thing)

It took a lot of digging in the search engine and reading posts from TC's to get there, and really just some time practicing and experimenting.

InvisibleShroomintune
Gentleman Farmer

Re: The Guide. A Psilocybin Cubensis B+ grow log [Re: Shroomintune] * 2
    #27491167 - 10/03/21 03:01 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

:mushroom2: IT'S HAPPENING. :mushroom2:

Sorry if I'm monopolizing your thread, but I had to share.  Thanks again for your help. Can't believe what happened overnight....

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

#27491216 - 10/03/21 03:50 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Hahaha you're good bro I don't care this is a public forum post away, glad I contributed at all to your success.  Pass it forward!  That's gonna be a sick tub

Offlinekeyesvlm
Stranger
    #27562151 - 11/29/21 04:35 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomintune said:
Just wanted to say thanks again for the inspiration to move past PF-Tek.  My first 11 (!!!) shoeboxes of Clone->Agar->Oats->Bulk are just starting to pin. Looks like the are going to be AMAZING.  I lost one oat jar to contam, and I suspect it was from the plate I transferred off.  It had a little green spot just starting on the far side of the plate, must have spread it's spores around.  Lesson learned.

I used mostly BOD's Teks for prep, and then ShaperDreaming's Shoebox Tek for spawning, both to the letter.

So in ShaperDreaming's Shoebox Tek he uses just Coir, I am wondering how do you modify his tek when using CVG instead? :smile: Asking for a friend, of course...

Do you mix up the cvg and then squeeze out water until it reaches the 'just under field capacity' shaperdreaming emphasizes in his tek? If one wanted to use this tek for P. Natalensis are there any other changes you all would suggest?

InvisibleShroomintune
Gentleman Farmer

Re: The Guide. A Psilocybin Cubensis B+ grow log [Re: keyesvlm]
    #27562192 - 11/29/21 05:37 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Hey, for each 6qt sized shoebox, I used: 

1 quart jar oat spawn (a quart jar 3/4 full-ish = 1 myco-quart)
CVG mix consisting of 3 pints coir, 1 pint verm, 1/4 cup Gypsum
Topped off with 1 pint plain coir.

Recipe came from here:  https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/20469910; Edited my previous post to add it.

Just under field capacity worked fine.  I've never grown P. Natalensis, but from what I've read it grows about the same as Cubensis, and in fact it took DNA analysis to confirm they were actually different species.

As far as yields - from my 11 boxes I harvested just over 450g dry. 40g per shoebox. That's a full pound! First flush was 200g, second 150, third 100, still have a few stragglers going in a 4'th flush. I've got my trips covered for the next year or two.

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

#27564486 - 12/01/21 09:57 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Damn that's awesome, off 8 tubs I think I got somewhere around 16-18 ounces, way more than I really expected.  What I noticed too is the last 4 tubs ended up doing better and I paid less attention to them, opened them less and they seemed to have done better so with these shoeboxes I guess the hands off approach is best.

I plan to update this more and make it a guide someone brand new can just follow piece by piece instead of having to pull from different threads, I'm just doin that for them :cheers:

OfflineINeedAMiracle
Paulie
Male User Gallery
Loc: Ohio
Re: The Guide. A Psilocybin Cubensis B+ grow log [Re: PreparationH]
    #28195362 - 02/19/23 10:16 PM (1 year, 1 month ago)

I am the newbie who you told me to check your link in your signature out it might help me but what do I do if I only have 1 or 2 good jars? Would I do the method how I soak them in a bag for up to 24hrs then put them in a fruiting tub thing or should I do a casing thing

--------------------
New to this world just have 1 grow under my belt and luckily it went by fairly easy with little to no problems and got to experience my first trip with something I grew ! Completely fell in love with this
:mushroom2:. Still really new even though a lot more educated on things but still would love peoples feedback and too keep learning :sporedance:

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Re: The Guide. A Psilocybin Cubensis B+ grow log [Re: INeedAMiracle]
    #28195607 - 02/20/23 05:14 AM (1 year, 1 month ago)

I would let them fully colonize and do what is called a "grain 2 grain" to make more spawn jars.  You can turn one jar into 10 and keep expanding.

Follow exactly what I did in the first post when you're ready to fruit jars.  Buy
a bucket, verm, coir and make the bulk substrate (bucket tek)

I prefer having 10-20 spawn jars before spawning to bulk and fruiting them to get mushrooms though.

You could do that with just 1-2 jars you have but then you're back at square one with spores afterward

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck