Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | Next >
Invisibler3volution.gurl
Female User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Self Sustainability 🌱 is the ultimate solution... [Re: Psilynut2]
    #27562925 - 11/30/21 10:04 AM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Psilynut2 said:
It's really to hard to be self sufficient  if you live in the suburbs . I have chickens , a huge garden , I hunt allot , I have solar . I just gave Elon Musk $250 to maybe build me a car next year sometime .
    I don't feel like I'll ever be anywhere close to that though .
    You can't own that much stuff if you want to have a self sufficient sustainable lifestyle .  You pretty much have to be Amish.

So true, but at least you're trying. You obviously want to be self sustainable and are actively working towards that or you wouldn't be doing/taking care of all that.

I disagree that you can't own that much stuff. It really depends. I'm technically a minimalist right now, but as time goes on, I will need more tools and things to progress towards self sustainability. I think it's about how you shelter your things like are you going to need a big home to fit all your things where you have to worry about heating larger spaces or in sheds that are decently insulated outside for example. Also proper maintenance is important so you can get the best life out of 'things'.

--------------------

"Souls love. That’s what souls do. Egos don’t, but souls do. Become a soul, look around, and you’ll be amazed-all the beings around you are souls." -Ram Dass

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineStrech
El Metalero
Male User Gallery

Re: Self Sustainability 🌱 is the ultimate solution... [Re: r3volution.gurl]
    #27563186 - 11/30/21 01:13 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Not sure what's hard to understand. You stated that modern industry is non sustainable so I'm asking what your doing differently. I asked what things your still consuming that are not inline with sustainability.

I hear and see it almost daily. I want sustainable, organic, etc.... But when you tell them well this or that has to go then sustainability isn't that much of a priority anymore. So if you want to go and do some organic/Regenerative land care go for it. Use  alternative Energy. Just know if your still consuming unsustainable consumer goods your only lying to yourself. Trying to be more sustainable is a great goal for most. Let's be honest to do anything close to full sustainability will take more land then most have at their disposal. Not everyone gets to spend their summers on islands!

InvisibleballsalsaMDiscord
Universally Loathed and Reviled
Male User Gallery

Loc: Foreign Lands
    #27563652 - 11/30/21 06:49 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

You're welcome. For what it's worth, I'm just trying to save you a big waste of time be giving you the benefit of what I know and you clearly have no clue about but by all means, build yourself a distillery and go to town; its no sweat off my balls

--------------------

Like cannabis topics? Read my cannabis blog here

OfflineStable Genius
Radicalised
 User Gallery

Loc: Wide Bay Orstralia
Re: Self Sustainability 🌱 is the ultimate solution... [Re: r3volution.gurl] * 1
    #27563815 - 11/30/21 08:43 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

r3volution.gurl said:
So my question is, what is stopping you from wanting to be self sustainable?

Reality :hatsoff:

Invisibler3volution.gurl
Female User Gallery

Re: Self Sustainability 🌱 is the ultimate solution... [Re: Stable Genius]
    #27563831 - 11/30/21 08:52 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Stable Genius said:
Quote:

r3volution.gurl said:
So my question is, what is stopping you from wanting to be self sustainable?

Reality :hatsoff:

Keyword 'wanting'

Quote:

ballsalsa said: You're welcome. For what it's worth, I'm just trying to save you a big waste of time be giving you the benefit of what I know and you clearly have no clue about but by all means, build yourself a distillery and go to town; its no sweat off my balls

Sure sure bud. Act like you know and care about me.
:douchewink:

Edited by r3volution.gurl (11/30/21 09:56 PM)

Invisibler3volution.gurl
Female User Gallery

Re: Self Sustainability 🌱 is the ultimate solution... [Re: Strech]
    #27563870 - 11/30/21 09:09 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Not sure what's hard to understand. You stated that modern industry is non sustainable so I'm asking what your doing differently. I asked what things your still consuming that are not inline with sustainability.

It would be quite long to go through everything you're asking and I just don't see the point in spending that time listing and explaining everything to you based on your opinion regarding self sustainability.

Quote:

I hear and see it almost daily. I want sustainable, organic, etc.... But when you tell them well this or that has to go then sustainability isn't that much of a priority anymore. So if you want to go and do some organic/Regenerative land care go for it. Use  alternative Energy. Just know if your still consuming unsustainable consumer goods your only lying to yourself. Trying to be more sustainable is a great goal for most. Let's be honest to do anything close to full sustainability will take more land then most have at their disposal. Not everyone gets to spend their summers on islands!

I'm not sure what your point is. All or nothing? Self sustainability is a process, it obviously doesn't happen overnight and probably takes decades to achieve depending on what financial resources and skills one has. I do agree that land is required and not everyone has that opportunity, but that's a problem worth solving in my opinion.

--------------------

"Souls love. That’s what souls do. Egos don’t, but souls do. Become a soul, look around, and you’ll be amazed-all the beings around you are souls." -Ram Dass

OfflineStrech
El Metalero
Male User Gallery

#27563910 - 11/30/21 09:42 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Problem worth solving? How only so much land to go around. You gonna give up some of yours for a stranger?

Invisibler3volution.gurl
Female User Gallery

#27563935 - 11/30/21 10:11 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Strech said:
Problem worth solving? How only so much land to go around. You gonna give up some of yours for a stranger?

If that 'stranger' has the same goals, yes.
You're just being ridiculously negative. There is no shortage of land. Billions of people live sustainably in the third world unfortunately without our comforts(the unsustainable aspect of their living is manufacturing products for the globe and having their resources stolen from first world countries).

Nothing is certain and able to be planned out here and now because this civilization has been functioning unsustainably since it's birth. We missed the boat multiple times to evolve from fossil fuels, over consumerism, industrialization causing harm such as factory farming.

I am doing the best I can like some other people in this thread; working towards the same goal. I do not really care whether someone who isn't even trying to be self sustainable thinks something is possible or not, let alone something I want to do because they aren't fucking doing it, I am.

--------------------

Edited by r3volution.gurl (11/30/21 10:13 PM)

OfflineOz_Salvia
Conservative
Re: Self Sustainability 🌱 is the ultimate solution... [Re: r3volution.gurl] * 1
    #27563997 - 11/30/21 11:16 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

r3volution.gurl said:
I am doing the best I can like some other people in this thread; working towards the same goal. I do not really care whether someone who isn't even trying to be self sustainable thinks something is possible or not, let alone something I want to do because they aren't fucking doing it, I am.

You go girl! :thumbup:

Yep, I can see there's the usual negativity in this thread from the usual townie-urban sorts who have never attempted to live by their own independence. Don't ever let them persuade you down to their self-loathing.

Before I chose to buy a property in SEQ hinterland and get away from the rat race I had no end of negative people tell me their worthless 2-bob on what the stock market is doing and did so for years. None had a dime in. All side liner hacks.             

Fast forward and with the means I choose my days as I see it. Now I have rainforest as my view and horses. I have the same view of not letting negativity cloud my choices and judgements let alone stock choices. Yes, it's absolute and a sure bet that failures will happen in anything one does. That's the norm of success because as you fail you learn quickly and you don't repeat fails. What never works is listening to the negativity of the unsuccessful because they'll never take risks. They haven't the bottle.

The only input the negative sorts will post is: you can't do it; you don't know how; you won't succeed; you will fail; you are not going to get off the grid because you're posting to the shroomery; you're still using modern devices so that's not sustainable; you're not able to learn how to distil; you haven't gone off into the woods with just a knife and the clothes on your back! Ha, the loser-ism of all of that was a right laugh for me today! :grin:

As for distilling, I've made top shelf gin, schnapps and bourbon (corn pig feed and English Oak toasted chips). For the people saying you can't distil, well if you're making fuel ethanol it's dead easy because you don't even need to make cuts. Strips are good enough. Personally I'd just collect waste oil from the many fish and chip shops and run my old paddock basher hilux 4x4. Less of a fire hazard. But given I've only used four fills of diesel in a year it's probably not worth it.

Wealth is about what makes you happy. It's not necessarily about money but it does help to resource one's goals to happiness. Your goal is to live away from the rat race. That's a great happiness to achieve and has many challenges, and yet that is my reality. Seriously, just who sane wants to live in smog, noise, strip malls, car parks, high rises, never sees the stars because of street lights, only fast food and nothing wholesome and unprocessed as their diet, never has nature around them with no bird and frog song and instead police sirens?

Sadly, I don't think we can all get to a sustainable level because too many need their lil'penis held by the grid and fast food drive-throughs to wank it.

For the negative sorts: Remember, success is an attitude, poverty is a choice. :tongue2:

Invisibler3volution.gurl
Female User Gallery

Re: Self Sustainability 🌱 is the ultimate solution... [Re: Oz_Salvia]
    #27564014 - 11/30/21 11:43 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

:leocheers:

Thank you:heart: You made me laugh because it's soo true!!

--------------------

OfflineStable Genius
Radicalised
 User Gallery

Re: Self Sustainability 🌱 is the ultimate solution... [Re: Oz_Salvia] * 1
    #27564039 - 12/01/21 12:45 AM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Oz_Salvia said:
Quote:

r3volution.gurl said:

Yep, I can see there's the usual negativity in this thread from the usual townie-urban sorts who have never attempted to live by their own independence. Don't ever let them persuade you down to their self-loathing.

Before I chose to buy a property in SEQ hinterland and get away from the rat race I had no end of negative people tell me their worthless 2-bob on what the stock market is doing and did so for years. None had a dime in. All side liner hacks.             

Fast forward and with the means I choose my days as I see it. Now I have rainforest as my view and horses. I have the same view of not letting negativity cloud my choices and judgements let alone stock choices. Yes, it's absolute and a sure bet that failures will happen in anything one does. That's the norm of success because as you fail you learn quickly and you don't repeat fails. What never works is listening to the negativity of the unsuccessful because they'll never take risks. They haven't the bottle.

The only input the negative sorts will post is: you can't do it; you don't know how; you won't succeed; you will fail; you are not going to get off the grid because you're posting to the shroomery; you're still using modern devices so that's not sustainable; you're not able to learn how to distil; you haven't gone off into the woods with just a knife and the clothes on your back! Ha, the loser-ism of all of that was a right laugh for me today! :grin:

As for distilling, I've made top shelf gin, schnapps and bourbon (corn pig feed and English Oak toasted chips). For the people saying you can't distil, well if you're making fuel ethanol it's dead easy because you don't even need to make cuts. Strips are good enough. Personally I'd just collect waste oil from the many fish and chip shops and run my old paddock basher hilux 4x4. Less of a fire hazard. But given I've only used four fills of diesel in a year it's probably not worth it.

Wealth is about what makes you happy. It's not necessarily about money but it does help to resource one's goals to happiness. Your goal is to live away from the rat race. That's a great happiness to achieve and has many challenges, and yet that is my reality. Seriously, just who sane wants to live in smog, noise, strip malls, car parks, high rises, never sees the stars because of street lights, only fast food and nothing wholesome and unprocessed as their diet, never has nature around them with no bird and frog song and instead police sirens?

Sadly, I don't think we can all get to a sustainable level because too many need their lil'penis held by the grid and fast food drive-throughs to wank it.

For the negative sorts: Remember, success is an attitude, poverty is a choice. :tongue2:

Lol, you've put a solar system in and some rain water tanks, big whoop... And I believe you're still grid connected, that's some more lol.
Do you drive a car into town? Own a computer? Buy food from a supermarket? Buy your clothes from a shop?
Of course you do.
Give yourself an upper cut and quit with the hubris, you look like a dick.

OfflineOz_Salvia
Conservative
    #27564073 - 12/01/21 02:20 AM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Stable Genius said:
Quote:

Oz_Salvia said:
Quote:

r3volution.gurl said:

Lol, you've put a solar system in and some rain water tanks, big whoop... And I believe you're still grid connected, that's some more lol.
Do you drive a car into town? Own a computer? Buy food from a supermarket? Buy your clothes from a shop?
Of course you do.
Give yourself an upper cut and quit with the hubris, you look like a dick.

Ah, chime the ringing bell for the politics of envy on this board. Jealousy much and other clichés of bitter grapes. I'd rather have my world of having the means do choose what I do every day without being beholden to the drudgery of chasing a dollar. Just about everyone does; hence super funds (i.e. retail, industry and SMSF's) and by all in the endless rat race to escape the rat race. Remember, winners are grinners Mr Sparky. It won't be me crawling in hot roofs wiring for a quid on someone else's dream. :grin:

OfflineStable Genius
Radicalised
 User Gallery

#27564092 - 12/01/21 02:51 AM (2 years, 3 months ago)

:yougoodjob:

Envy? lol, I doubt it.

I could sell my house at the beach and do whatever I want, I choose to work, why hang shit on me for working? I help people like you every day.

Lets look at your 'sustainable hinterland property'.
Did the road cut itself into the bush or was a bulldozer used? Imagine the destruction if we all chose to 'live sustainably' like yourself and carve up the country with a million mile of shit roads?. That's not sustainable.

If you do put batteries on your solar system you'll need a backup generator. Imagine the 'sustainability' if we all chose to disconnect from the grid and needed a squillion backup generators that require diesel. That's far from 'sustainable'.

Utility scale storage is here now. When Ergon starts installing utility scale grid connected batteries early next year us 'townie urban sorts' like myself will have a FAR more sustainable energy system than self absorbed navel gazers like yourself. That's reality.

If the op likes the idea of using more resources than the rest of us to live in the bush that's a choice that'll no doubt make her feel warm and fuzzy, but it's far from sustainable.
Is moving back to Toronto to live in a second house sustainable? I don't think it is.

OfflineOz_Salvia
Conservative
    #27564100 - 12/01/21 03:15 AM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Strech said:

Land, like all commodities, has value based on what the market will bear. You can have whatever you want provided you have the money for it. This is as fair as it gets. No matter your gender, race, religion, or creed, it's money that decides who gets it.

The idea that some random stranger a.k.a a moocher (i.e. the thieving gimme attitudes of Socialists/Leftists) should get freebies is plain absurd.

Work, save, invest (yes, take on risk) and with time leverage you will have choices by having travelled the journey to get there. No one will give you a slice of theirs they earned. Nor should they.

OfflineOz_Salvia
Conservative
    #27564111 - 12/01/21 03:36 AM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Stable Genius said:

Envy? lol, I doubt it.

I could sell my house at the beach and do whatever I want, I choose to work, why hang shit on me for working? I help people like you every day.

If you sell that one property you have (and likely still carrying a mortgage) you'll crystallise loss by ending up renting else where, and if you decide to buy a property you'll face stamp duty. In short you're locked into where you are because of said losses. You also know living away from the rat race will cost you so give this agile haggle the flick. You don't choose to work. You're locked to it by simply not having enough to pull stumps and do what you want. You know it. I know it. The cost of property and living states it.

Yep, this is what gets you so choked up about how others who aren't limited and certainly so if they have the chutzpah of living independent of the costs you can't escape. My water, power, heating is free, and I trade what I grow to get organic meats. Not only does that save on money the produce I enjoy is superior by far to what you get on polystyrene and cling wrap plastic packets. You just can't buy it this good and I have three seasons of summer growing. Blessed. http://www.thearcher.org.au/growing-calendar

Again, enjoy crawling in those hot roofs for others. :grin:

OfflineStable Genius
Radicalised
 User Gallery

#27564156 - 12/01/21 04:48 AM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Ha! Wrong. You'd be surprised if you saw what I own, I'm a bit older than you are boy and spent most of my life in the construction game, ever heard of Bechtel? ODG Electrical? Kennedy Taylor? Norris Stork? I didn't make my money crawling through roofs  :finger:

Heating? this is Qld, we barely need heaters, your grid connect solar STILL NEEDS THE GRID and you have a rain water tank, big deal!

Your arrogance in blowing your own trumpet reminds me of a Byron Bay social media 'influencer' telling everyone to look at you and live their best life  :puke:

I think you need to look up what sustainable means because you're not even close.

:hahthatsrich:

OfflineOz_Salvia
Conservative
Re: Self Sustainability 🌱 is the ultimate solution... [Re: Stable Genius] * 1
    #27564215 - 12/01/21 06:35 AM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Stable Genius said:
Ha! Wrong. You'd be surprised if you saw what I own, I'm a bit older than you are boy and spent most of my life in the construction game, ever heard of Bechtel? ODG Electrical? Kennedy Taylor? Norris Stork? I didn't make my money crawling through roofs  :finger:

Heating? this is Qld, we barely need heaters, your grid connect solar STILL NEEDS THE GRID and you have a rain water tank, big deal!

Your arrogance in blowing your own trumpet reminds me of a Byron Bay social media 'influencer' telling everyone to look at you and live their best life  :puke:

I think you need to look up what sustainable means because you're not even close.

:hahthatsrich:

Oh, going to brag with the "ever heard of Bechtel?" line; well yes, my uncle was a quantity surveyor in Saudi Arabia for many years and worked for them.

To the the heating subject; it goes to show what little you know of the SEQ mesic and montane influenced country being in that urban bubble. :rolleyes:

So tell me Mr 'you'd be surprised if you saw what I own', what bank do you make per day? How much does the bank own on yours? Me, no debt at all. I pull in over $1000 a day and have for over 2 years on the rolling average given the base it grows on. Yep, passive growth with no work required.  Net I'd outclass you, and if you were the genius you claim in name you wouldn't be slogging away now old to be an ol'man. :grin:

PV solar is certainly sustainable in Australia given our sunshine. So what's perverse about using the utility as a battery at night while pulling 20 cents FiT during the day to have bills in credit? Ultimately when battery LCOE gets to 10 cents a kWh that's when to buy. Currently at 17 cents. The experience curve will see it get cheaper. https://www.solarquotes.com.au/battery-storage/comparison-table/

Just because you're soft and live with mouth to teat on the system, don't grow your own and sadly satisfied at being an urban serf of the rat race, and for gawd sake at your age, is your failure. Good to laugh at though. :popcorn:

OfflinePsilynut2
Stranger

#27564217 - 12/01/21 06:40 AM (2 years, 3 months ago)

I have 180lbs of deboned venison in my freezer and  7  squirrels .  Losers .

--------------------

Invisibler3volution.gurl
Female User Gallery

Re: Self Sustainability 🌱 is the ultimate solution... [Re: Stable Genius] * 1
    #27564240 - 12/01/21 07:17 AM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Can you fuck off with your stupid shit lol. I am not gonna entertain and waste energy on the garbage you have to say. At the end of the day you are not doing SQUAT for the planet or nature. You also don't know shit about sustainability or the process of it. It's not easy/profitable instantly or everyone would be doing it. Quit having a penis argument like a fucking teenager. Not asking for attention, I get plenty of that in real life because I'm SEXY and smart. I can have your LIFE$$$ already if I wanted to because I have the networks.  You're not special, neither am I. I lived in Toronto my whole life until two years ago. I live with friends and family in the winter. Do you know what spokesperson means? I don't see anyone else talking about this topic and it's important to people(obviously not you). I'm 27. I got plenty of time. So either add something intelligent or beat it.

--------------------

Edited by r3volution.gurl (12/01/21 07:32 AM)

Invisibler3volution.gurl
Female User Gallery

#27564248 - 12/01/21 07:24 AM (2 years, 3 months ago)

:fistbump:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | Next >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck