Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 1198 | 1199 | 1200 | 1201 | 1202 | 1203 | 1204 | 1205 | 1206 | 1207 | 1208 | 1209 | 1210 | 1211 | 1212 | 1213 | 1214 | 1215 | 1216 | 1217 | 1218 | Next > | Last >
InvisibleBaba Yaga
Fomo Kills The Cat

Loc: Try 'n' Error Boot Camp
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Hindsight] * 1
    #27557681 - 11/25/21 02:13 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Hindsight said:
The closest I came to actually understanding this was when I asked a question some months ago and Bod responded. My question was basically: If you take a tissue sample from a fruit and grow it out on agar as a clone, are you guaranteed that the mycelium culture on that plate is the product of just TWO monokaryotic hyphae mating together into a SINGLE dikaryotic mycelium culture. The response was no. Different cultures can work together to produce fruit. IIRC he said they could be genuinely connected (fused together at different points) or simply overlayed and working together. I think this may be a subject that is still not very-well researched, or if it is, not many people understand it fully.

Oh OK, I see cron was talking about mixing spores in the strain crossing OP but is also saying that there is a slim chance that
dikaryotic mycelium can fuse which bod also said. The thing that I see with using spores in your case is that your pheno is not stabilized yet
and going the spore route might be more of a genetic reset than carrying over certain traits.

Probably best to try both ways if you have the time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBaba Yaga
Fomo Kills The Cat

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Baba Yaga] * 5
    #27558128 - 11/26/21 03:48 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Tubs done as usual

Tubs done way differently

Edit: added a bit of explanation to the photos

Edited by Baba Yaga (11/26/21 03:36 PM)

InvisibleMandalaMind
Symmetric
I'm a teapot

Loc: Gaia
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Baba Yaga] * 2
    #27558184 - 11/26/21 06:49 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

@baba

OfflineHindsight
Mad Scientist
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: MandalaMind]
    #27558216 - 11/26/21 07:52 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Still can't believe you get those in tubs Baba. Have you considered using liners or foil duct tape to block light on the bottom and sides of those tubs? I always get side and bottom pins with clear tubs unless I block the light to those areas.

RE strain crossing, great points. I do have plenty of time and will be trying a variety of methods to see if I can stabilize and make it potent.

InvisibleBaba Yaga
Fomo Kills The Cat

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Hindsight] * 3
    #27558516 - 11/26/21 02:29 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Thankfully I don't get that much side/bottom pins if I fruit them the way I'm used to.

This is a quick rundown of the experiments I did and some results, thought I would do it in more detail but life is getting busy at the
moment and I start forgetting things as my mind is occupied with other stuff so out it goes before it's all gone.

3 tubs with h-manure based substrate, thick top layer, fruited at spawn:

• 0.5" bottom layer of coir, 2 tubs with 1 quart of oat spawn mixed in with the coir and
    2 tubs where that quart of spawn was layered on top of the coir.

• on top of that a 1-1.5" layer of h-manure/straw/coir

• fruited at spawn with all holes covered by 1 layer of micropore tape

• cased with 50/50 peat/verm + hydrated lime, pasteurized

As said before this was to see if the tubs start pinning before colonizing the surface and without a casing.
Instead the surfaces colonized just like a choked tub would and was then cased.

What became evident quite early in the process was that first knots would form mostly at the interface between
the mixed or layered spawn and the thick top layer.

The mixed coir/spawn bottom layer was also colonizing first before the mycelium really made its way up the top layer, you can see how much
further consolidated the bottom layer is in the first photo below with thick strands of mycelium, the rest above is more "fluffy".
The 2 tubs also started pinning on the coir first resulting in a crazy amount of side/bottom pins.

The surface was kept moist during colonization with a light mist every 24 hrs and misted heavily once cased but it seemed
like the mycelium had already decided where it wanted to push out fruits and only a sparse pin set developed on top.

1 tub with compost based substrate, thick top layer, fruited at spawn:

Set up and fruited the same way as the 3 tubs above but used compost instead of h-manure/straw with similar results.

1 tub with h-manure based substrate, very thick top layer, fruited completely open air:

• 0.5" bottom layer of h-manure/straw/coir with 1 quart of oat spawn mixed in with the bottom layer.

• on top of that a 1.5-2" layer of h-manure/straw/coir

• fruited at spawn with all holes fully open and lid removed once mycelium had colonized up to 1/2" below top surface.

This tub didn't develop as much side/bottom pins as the others but still a "good" amount. Taking off the lid and keeping the top moist
had actually had actually prevented the surface from becoming overrun by mycelium and fruiting happened as expected but as side pinning
already had happened the top didn't perform that well although the fruits where meaty with nice sized caps with the biggest ones being
between 3 and 4g.

Last the compost based tub which I posted already earlier:

This is the one that was fruited closer to what I usually do and produced the best result.

So this tub is:

• Sieved bagged compost / coir @ 50/50
  • Spawn ratio 1:2.5 with 1 quart of oat spawn
  • Substrate thickness 1.5" + 0.5" top layer

• Temps 70-76oF or 21-25oC
  • Fruited @ spawn / 1 layer of MP-tape over all 4 holes
  • Cased with peat/verm/hydrated lime at full colonization
  • Increased FAE at day of casing, 2 bottom holes not covered, 2 top holes 1 layer of MP-tape.
  • Generous misting once a day for the first three days after casing.
  • Once pin set was in FAE was decreased by covering half of top hole openings
    with masking tape and half of the bottom hole openings with MP.

• Spawned and fruited on 07 Nov
  • Cased on 13 Nov
  • First pins on 15 Nov
  • Harvest on 20 Nov

• Tallest fruits were 5", wet weight 225g.

Edited by Baba Yaga (11/28/21 01:10 PM)

InvisibleBaba Yaga
Fomo Kills The Cat

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: MandalaMind] * 1
    #27558517 - 11/26/21 02:31 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

MandalaMind said:
@baba

Thanks!
Gonna be working hard to earn the "panaeolus 1000" badge :lol:

InvisibleMandalaMind
Symmetric
I'm a teapot

Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Baba Yaga] * 1
    #27558570 - 11/26/21 03:42 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Well then you'll have to make the skill legendary and start from 0 to 100 again, making it legendary again and so on ten times.
Tbh it doens't seem that hard for you to do this :lol:

You actually inspired me to try and make it to 100 using V-teks, something it's telling me it's not that hard, FAE might be a problem but i trust the cambos for fruiting in not so perfect conditions. Maybe the bisporus too? i think i've read here somewhere that they don't need as much FAE as the other pans? also they like it wet? V-teks can hold their humidity pretty well they only lack proper FAE.

Low maintenance teks ftw!

InvisibleBaba Yaga
Fomo Kills The Cat

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: MandalaMind]
    #27558586 - 11/26/21 03:52 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, give it a go for sure, I hope it will work.

I don't now if I mentioned it already to you but try to make your
substrate shakeable which does speed things up a lot. Try a few bottles
that way and see if you like it.

InvisibleNobler Hino
a dojo and a forge?!
 User Gallery

Loc: Deep Ellum
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Baba Yaga] * 4
    #27559853 - 11/27/21 05:50 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

It’s been awhile since I fired this bad boy up. Minor leak around the tub lid I gotta fix but works like a charm. Pan cyan Alabama waiting to pin

--------------------

"The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand. I ask them and they answer me.”
– Maria Sabina

Offlinerockyfungus
dirty
 User Gallery

Loc: Front range
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Nobler Hino]
    #27559926 - 11/27/21 07:10 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Dangit! 4/6 trays turned grey and green as soon as they were cased. I don't think it was spawn as the substrate was beautiful fluff. Day after casing I saw da trich then a day later grey.

Substrate was cold limed.
Used jiffy mix as the casing. Pasteruized in an instapot on keep warm. Well no more lazy pasteurization back to true heat.

Back to spores. Swabs or prints? I'm feeling swabs this time.

OfflineEnDelfisE
Rider On The Storm
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Temple of Demetra
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Baba Yaga]
    #27560121 - 11/27/21 11:00 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Baba Yaga said:
Tubs done as usual

Tubs done way differently

Edit: added a bit of explanation to the photos

wow, it's crazy the vast difference a little environmental change can do! :smile:

Edited by EnDelfisE (11/27/21 11:02 PM)

Invisibleelpico
Stranger

Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: EnDelfisE] * 8
    #27560751 - 11/28/21 01:33 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

First MS test tray on a new variety.  This was a print shared by a generous member of the community here.  Should be F2 from a wild BVI print.  This flush pushed through some bad overlay.  I'm really pleased with the phenotypes I'm seeing; some of the most graceful pan fruits I've come across in awhile. 

I also experimented with the bulk sub.  My regular recipe is horse manure/straw pellets/verm.  I substituted corn cob pellets for half the volume of straw pellets.  The corn cob pellets are way cheaper and fluff up nicely,  without the tendency to ball up like straw pellets.  Next round I'll try CCP w/o straw pellets.

OfflineJakeoncid419
Follow me.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: Basel Switzerland
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: elpico] * 5
    #27562347 - 11/29/21 08:00 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

How’s everyone doin?
Sry for my absence I’ve been moving my whole lab I’m gonna do a video log of my fc rebuild and go over a few adjustments I’ve made. In getting everything moved I found my other camera and am transferring some more pics over here are a few I just transferred.

--------------------
Natural omt/detox
online  pant cult classes available last Saturday of every month go to buymeacoffee.com/jakeoncid to sign up (1 on 1 consultations also available
JOC PAN TEK
CORDYCEPS MILITARIS

EXOTICS
[

InvisibleMandalaMind
Symmetric
I'm a teapot

Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Jakeoncid419] * 1
    #27562606 - 11/30/21 02:46 AM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Hey jake nice to see you again, killer pics as always!

I'm waiting for my bisporus to do something, it's been 8 days since i've put them in the jcm and for now they didn't even knot, i hope they will soon.

There is a good news i have: my tupac culture i've put on V-teks is looking like it wants to pin on agar, which si a very good thing

The bad thing is the growth rate, it's been 2 weeks since doing the V-teks and they grew only this much

I'm expecting this to take around 2 months for colonization, but the invitro pinning on agar is a good sign for V-teks, guess i'll see.

Also my hunting for another good V-tek culture is looking good, my plate germinated yesterday, in a few days i'm gonna do some transfers or just do some V-teks directly if i don't have contamination.

InvisibleBaba Yaga
Fomo Kills The Cat

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: MandalaMind] * 1
    #27563155 - 11/30/21 12:58 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Nice Mandala, how many V-Tek bottles have you got? Try shaking one up
and yeah, would be good to have you kicking around a bit Jake, looking
forward to that v-log.

Just waiting for the clone jars to finish up. Won't be much longer.

In the meantime the subs on the compost pile are pushing out a few clusters,
not being too precious about those fruits, they are mainly slug food.

InvisibleBaba Yaga
Fomo Kills The Cat

Trusted Cultivator
    #27564038 - 12/01/21 12:34 AM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Sub prep....getting ready to spawn.

OfflineAdas
Lonely Dreamer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Central EU
Trusted Cultivator
    #27564046 - 12/01/21 01:06 AM (2 years, 3 months ago)

You work with shit using gloves? Rookie :rofl:

InvisibleBaba Yaga
Fomo Kills The Cat

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Adas]
    #27564068 - 12/01/21 02:11 AM (2 years, 3 months ago)

:lol:

Don't like to mix and squeeze without gloves when it's all sludgy.
Once pasteurized I use bare hands though to mix it up with coir.

It's in the sous vide cooker now. Already made another batch of manure
and one with compost. Coir goes in the cooler tomorrow morning and that
should be enough for ten tubs.

Excited :laugh:

InvisibleDrboomer
The lord magnificent

#27564075 - 12/01/21 02:22 AM (2 years, 3 months ago)

I'm excited to see the tubs of pans. What your doing can go far to make pans look more accessible to people who don't want to build a fc.

I've been looking through the thread and it seems pans on agar are usually fluffy and occasionally a more dingy whit than cubes?

I'm starting to get nice even growth and thinking of going one more transfer then to li and lc to expand. Plan on running them pancake style.

OfflinePsiloPsychIn
PsiloPsychIn

Loc: up north
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Adas] * 1
    #27564077 - 12/01/21 02:24 AM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Ha ha haaaa!
Nice Troll Action Adas! Made me laugh out loud.

I don’t mind workin with Hpoo with bare hands, but the overall experience depends a LOT on the quality and maturity of your turds!  I don’t have much access to Hpoo so I order it on eBay. I lucked out and found someone doing it right for a reasonable price.  Well aged, sifted, bone dry. Hell it practically smelled sweet!  Several orders the same thing. Then I decide, I’m going to stock up and I order 5 boxes. Well crap, they were not sifted, not entirely aged, and some sneaky bastards in the mix were not aged at all! I think twice about doing that work bare handed. 

Then there was this other time my brother thinks he’s doing me a favor and shows up with his pick up truck and about a 160 quart Rubbermaid tote in back. He says he visited a friend who has horses. I help him unload it and it weighs a ton!
Pop the lid and nearly got knocked back on my ass from the smell… the damn thing was filled to the brim with juicy bright green turds!

:cannotunsee:

--------------------
What are they saying? Listen carefully, it might be something you need to hear...

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 1198 | 1199 | 1200 | 1201 | 1202 | 1203 | 1204 | 1205 | 1206 | 1207 | 1208 | 1209 | 1210 | 1211 | 1212 | 1213 | 1214 | 1215 | 1216 | 1217 | 1218 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds