Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Drunvalo Melchizedek
    #2756390 - 06/02/04 12:16 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I know there are probably atleast a few people that would pass off alot of what this guy says are horse shit, but despite that fact..

Has anyone read either of his books? I have rescently read The Ancient Secret of the Flower of Life, and although at a first glance these books are seemingly filled with outrageous claims that don't seem like they would integrate very easilly into rescent cultures popular belief systems, I must say, regardless of the vadility of some of this stuff..these books definitely hit me hard right where I needed it.

Not only did these books back up some of my own past speculations on various things, they have brought new light on other issues I been completely left in the dark with. The sacred geometry stuff literally blew my mind. Reading these books was such a trip for me, I mean, it literally had effects on me mentally similar that associated with the psychedelic experience.

I found these books to be somewhat of a perfect mix of what western culture already seems to accept as truth, mixed up with some of the most far out sci-fi sounding stuff I have heard..mainly those pertaining to our planets & species history. I had to read these books with the quote in the back of my mind "If the 'truth' can be told as to be understood, it will be believed." because alot of it flat out makes sense to me! And I'm usually not one to jump to conclusions and form a belief in something without some degree of personal experience beforehand. For some reason it's just hard for me to take some of this stuff lightly. I'm going to have to read them again, and I'm actually looking forward to doing so.

I know a few people here must have read these books, or have atleast heard of the guy. What are your thoughts?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDoctorJ
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Frogger

Loc: space
Re: Drunvalo Melchizedek [Re: ekomstop]
    #2756518 - 06/02/04 01:12 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Most of the geometric information is valid, but I have a hard time trusting that dude on a lot of other stuff. Methinks he has ulterior motives.

--------------------
peace, pot, and microdot!

OfflineGeeno
    #2756710 - 06/02/04 02:24 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Ive read "Nothing in this book" and that series, which mention Drunvalo and a lot of his things.

Ive also read "Life and Teachings of the Masters of the Far East" And a lot of how they live and teach ties in with stuff from nothing in this book.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Drunvalo Melchizedek [Re: Geeno]
    #2756856 - 06/02/04 03:16 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I have Ancient Secrets Vol. 2 (don't ask why I got that one first) and I love it.
Good stuff. What ulterior motives could he have?

Invisibledorkus
don't look back
 User Gallery
Re: Drunvalo Melchizedek [Re: Shroomism]
    #2833204 - 06/27/04 01:30 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

i've read both ancient secrets and living in the heart by drunvalo together with nothing in this book is true by his flower of life graduate bob frissell... and remain perplexed. Much of it feels like truth, but then again, much feels like far fetched mumbo jumbo.

drunvalo claims to have descended from the 12th dimension. still he had to train under different teachers and use this obscure meditation technique having nothing at all to do with increasing awareness. then again i think it is meant as an energy boost.

the secret geometry makes sense though, and it seems like this man KNOWS his stuff. but then again, i am easily fooled ;;;)

Edited by St_Thomas (06/27/04 01:32 PM)

InvisibleDoctorJ
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Frogger

Loc: space
Re: Drunvalo Melchizedek [Re: Shroomism]
    #2833246 - 06/27/04 01:46 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

What ulterior motives could he have?

could be anything

we don't know

thats why its an ulterior motive

--------------------
peace, pot, and microdot!

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
    #2834069 - 06/27/04 06:44 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Yes, the Sacred Geometry stuff affected me the most as well. I haven't read it in a while, but I've read FOL vol.1 and 'Nothing In this Book...".
While Bob Frissell included much more farfetched stuff, Drunvalo's book seemed to be more at the heart of our species and existence of the universe.

I need to read it again... that book was truely mind-blowing.

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Drunvalo Melchizedek [Re: Blastrid]
    #2834338 - 06/27/04 08:36 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I read Frissell's books soon after reading Melchizedek's and thought they (particularly Nothing in this Book..) were kind of a swiss cheese version of what Drunvalo is talking about..at the time I kind of wished I read Frissell's books beforehand..there was just sort of a lack of the 'excitement' associated with examining new found information because at times I felt like I was mentally filling in the blanks of what he left out as I was reading. Overall though I didn't think they were too bad.

I picked up his other book "Living in the Heart" since creating this thread. It's a good easy read, it basically takes the MerKaBa meditation he describes in The Ancient Secret.. to an entirely new level. It almost sounds like a kind of completion to it, but who knows how deep this rabbit hole really goes..or where it leads..? I've really been wanting to start practicing, but lately I guess I've just been lazy. I have tried to meditate before, but my mind is a real bitch about it. It's not as bad at night lying down..but I don't think his MerKaBa meditation is supposed to work lying down (except underneath the great pyramid..apparently)

I'm definitely going to be reading both books again. I agree his work really does sound like it's comming from the heart. I like his approach to writing without bias of judgements, and I could be wrong to take him seriously to whatever degree, but to me his work just seems to radiate with a certain kind of honesty. Even if he does have any ulterior motives I am willing to bet it is probably with good/non-selfish intention.

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
    #2835539 - 06/28/04 05:46 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Some good points. Bob's book really is sort of a swiss cheese version. I read it first, then picked up FOL. Living in the Heart soungs very interesting, I need to get back into meditation, regardless of what kind.

I totally agree with your last paragraph ekom.

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Offlineobfuscatelesol
journeyman
    #2853452 - 07/03/04 08:23 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I've only read FOL volume 1 and parts of Frissell's books. I like Melchizedek's creation myths, it's like reading a good sci-fi story but it all makes just as much sense as any proposed scientific theories and has just as good "evidence". As for the Mer-Ka-Bah meditation, I practiced it for about two months and it did amazing things for me, but I decided to stop as I started practicing Buddhist and yogic meditations. I think I should start it again though, as I really think it helped give me a greater understanding and awareness of myself and the world.

Invisiblemycopsycho
Tit Inspector.
Male
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Going Nowhere Fast
    #2854837 - 07/03/04 10:25 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

drunvalo is an evil, evil being. there are two types of merkaba: internal/love, and external/science. drunvalo is into external merkaba, which is bad because there's no love needed. i heard drunvalo was teaching people merkaba in a manner that made it easy for him to steal thier energy. i have a spiritual teacher who actually met drunvalo and said that he was really creepy and came off like a skeez.

--------------------
I Am The Sickness.

Diploid: I think adults have a right to make stupid decisions and it's nobody else's fucking business.

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Drunvalo Melchizedek [Re: mycopsycho]
    #2854850 - 07/03/04 10:40 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

If you have read his work, Drunvalo does explain the differences between "external and internal" merkabas..I think you are mistaken that he is promoting the external merkaba. He explains that the external merkaba was the main idea in the philadelphia/montauk experiments, and I could be mistaken, but I think he is pretty much against this.

As far as I know, he is advocating the internal merkaba which is based soley on love and light. I have a good friend that I guess you could consider a spiritual "guru" or teacher who also had the chance to meet Drunvalo at a Mind States conference and he described him as a very well rounded/extremely open minded person. I guess I could see how someone might find him and his ideas a little intimidating but I am pretty sure he is probably not as evil as you might think..

Invisiblemycopsycho
Tit Inspector.
Male
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Going Nowhere Fast
    #2854858 - 07/03/04 10:45 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

i am intimidated by nothing. least of all drunvalo or his ideals.

--------------------
I Am The Sickness.

Diploid: I think adults have a right to make stupid decisions and it's nobody else's fucking business.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: Drunvalo Melchizedek [Re: mycopsycho]
    #2854859 - 07/03/04 10:49 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

the external merkaba is technology and logic based whereas the internal merkaba is light and love based. You can't activate an external merkaba using breathing exercises..

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology