Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OnlineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Clemency for Julius Jones [Re: Psilynut2]
    #27555276 - 11/23/21 04:14 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Psilynut2 said:
Would it be ok for me to kill the person who is trying to murder me  or is my life not worth their chance  at self improvement and a more productive life style ?  If it is ,
  why is it so wrong for someone else to kill them on my behalf later ?

No it would not.

Because, once again, it represents a failure to resolve the situation without killing. You did not run, you did not hide, you chose to kill.

The crazy guy that shoots you dead in the street scenario I proposed, you do not get to react. It is a random dude walking up behind you with a gun and shooting you in the back of the head without warning. You cannot stop him with any form of "self defense". We have reached a point, technologically and second amendment-ly, where if someone wants you to die, you will die and there is nothing you can do about it. This isn't a James Bond villain monologue situation. This is a professional sniper sitting on a roof a mile away situation.

"Self Defense". Reminds me of how the Defense Department spent 20 years Defending themselves in Iraq/Afghanistan. And Iraq. And Vietnam. And Korea. And everywhere else, except the actual US, which they "defend".

Quote:

nooneman said:
Even if you get rid of the death penalty, I think our punishment for murderers should be significantly more severe than it is now. They should never, ever get out.

What do you hope to accomplish through this? If it is simply removal from society, then why not death penalty, or shipping them to an island somewhere?

And, of course, what's the mistake tolerance of your preferred removal method? Because mistakes will be made. How many mistakes, as a number or as a percentage, can we make?

Edited by Kryptos (11/23/21 04:33 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePsilynut2
Stranger

Re: Clemency for Julius Jones [Re: Kryptos]
    #27555525 - 11/23/21 08:08 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

We have reached a point, technologically and second amendment-ly, where if someone wants you to die, you will die and there is nothing you can do about it.

Why does that matter ? It doesn't make a difference to my wife and kids after I'm dead if it was a professional hit man or a  or an amateur armed robber like Julius Jones .
    I don't want my family to feel victimized by the State a second time when they watch them help my killer discover new outlets for his energy .

--------------------

OnlineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #27555581 - 11/23/21 08:56 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Psilynut2 said:
    I don't want my family to feel victimized by the State a second time when they watch them help my killer discover new outlets for his energy .

Why do you see that as a victimization by the state? Or how? That's a genuine question. I want to understand your thought process.

Personally, whenever I am somehow wronged, I don't really think about that person anymore. When actively considering, I can come up with a list of a few names and faces that I would just avoid. But I don't really think about what they're doing, it's just "yeah, fuck that guy". If that guy turns out to be some genius that cures cancer, good for him, but, ya know, fuck that guy. I still wouldn't get a beer with him.

I imagine I'd feel the same way about someone that killed someone I knew. If they do something good with their lives, good for them, as long as they're doing it elsewhere in relation to me. I figure it's the state's job to (a) make productive citizens and (b) enforce the "elsewhere in relation to me" bit if necessary.

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Uncanny Valley
    #27556451 - 11/24/21 02:55 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Psilynut2 said:
Would it be ok for me to kill the person who is trying to murder me  or is my life not worth their chance  at self improvement and a more productive life style ?  If it is ,
  why is it so wrong for someone else to kill them on my behalf later ?

There's a huge difference between taking action to stop someone from being harmed and taking action in retaliation.  Your argument of equivalence is intellectually dishonest, at best.  If you must take a life under exigent circumstances to protect yourself or someone else, that's still homicide, although it's justifiable.  To dispassionately kill someone who is locked away from the public is a whole other ball of wax, and I think you know that.

Also, there's a lot of real estate between not killing someone and helping them find new outlets for their energy.  I'm not sure why you are arguing that it's one or the other.

--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Loc: 'Merica
    #27557251 - 11/25/21 07:25 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Psilynut2 said:
What  would you want for my murderers then ? Since what I would want would be too much for you .

Would depend on a lot of factors.

--------------------

OfflinePsilynut2
Stranger

Re: Clemency for Julius Jones [Re: Enlil]
    #27557512 - 11/25/21 11:12 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Also, there's a lot of real estate between not killing someone and helping them find new outlets for their energy.  I'm not sure why you are arguing that it's one or the other.

I'm not arguing that. I asked the question " what would you want for the person that murdered you ?
  The only answers I got were " new  outlets for energy and fed slowly into wood chipper . ""
  I'm not sure there's anything in between . 

I don't think the death penalty deters crime . You will get killed for killing someone has always been the deal .
  I don't think it benefits society in any way either really .
  To me it's the only way to give people justice in certain cases that are just so extreme and nonsensical .
  I also don't think anyone that kills anyone should get it .  I wouldn't want it for Rittenhouse or Arberys killer either.
  But if what Julius Jones is accused of doing is true then I think he's a good example of someone who is past  due .

--------------------

OfflinePsilynut2
Stranger

#27557556 - 11/25/21 11:35 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Why do you see that as a victimization by the state? Or how? That's a genuine question. I want to understand your thought process.

Personally, whenever I am somehow wronged, I don't really think about that person anymore.

How do you think the family of the person who was killed in the Julius Jones Case feels right now ?  They are obviously pissed the fuck off .
  Jones is a reformed person , who's getting a second chance .

--------------------

OnlineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #27557721 - 11/25/21 02:55 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Psilynut2 said:
Quote:

Personally, whenever I am somehow wronged, I don't really think about that person anymore.

How do you think the family of the person who was killed in the Julius Jones Case feels right now ?  They are obviously pissed the fuck off .
  Jones is a reformed person , who's getting a second chance .

I don't know how they feel. However, if they're anything like me, I don't think they care. I think they would go out of their way to actively not care, just like I would. For me, I don't involve myself with the lives of people that I am pissed off at. I have better things to do with my time.

This kinda vaguely reminds me of how Tubs or choppy or mach come by once in a while and announce that democrats can't stop talking about Trump kinda randomly out of the blue. I guess now that he has been brought up, we are, but I kinda stopped caring about him back in January, when he stopped being president. (outside of specific examples of various personal failings which Trump embodies perfectly)

As an aside, I never actually looked into the case until now. And while my understanding is surface level, I really do like this bit I found:

Quote:

They also told the board that inmate Roderick Wesley was diagnosed as having Antisocial Personality Disorder.

"Lying is a hallmark of ASPD and Roderick Wesley is no exception," they wrote.

"Jordan said to me 'my co-defendant is on death row behind a murder I committed,'" Wesley said in the statement given to the parole board. "He was acting like he was sorry for what he had done but he said that he was not going to jump out there and give himself up to the wolves."

OfflinePsilynut2
Stranger

#27557831 - 11/25/21 05:40 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

I don't know how they feel. However, if they're anything like me, I don't think they care.

You looked into the case ? Do even know the victims name ? Or is he not important anymore
  ?  His family has a website , with allot of compelling info about Jones's guilt , that's been proven over and over . 
  At best , Julius was a career armed robber , who just had the night off  when the poor guy was shot in his car in front of his wife and kids .

I care , allot . My life means allot to me , If someone killed my wife , my kids , or even you I would want to see the dead too .
  Time wouldn't make any difference to me . There are are a few people I knew in high school I'd fight right now if I saw them .

--------------------

Edited by Psilynut2 (11/25/21 05:51 PM)

OnlineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #27557859 - 11/25/21 06:29 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Psilynut2 said:
There are are a few people I knew in high school I'd fight right now if I saw them .

Okay, yeah, this here is a foreign concept to me. I would never risk my freedom, safety, and considering second amendment, life; for someone I don't like.

OfflineMach z 800
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Clemency for Julius Jones [Re: The Ecstatic]
    #27558366 - 11/26/21 11:36 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Psilynut2 said:
Quote:

We have reached a point, technologically and second amendment-ly, where if someone wants you to die, you will die and there is nothing you can do about it.

Why does that matter ? It doesn't make a difference to my wife and kids after I'm dead if it was a professional hit man or a  or an amateur armed robber like Julius Jones .

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
Quote:

Psilynut2 said:
What  would you want for my murderers then ? Since what I would want would be too much for you .

Would depend on a lot of factors.

yep an if its something national an the media spins things the killer will have a go fund me page an will be out as fast as he got in.

OfflineThe Influence
Free Sheeks
Male User Gallery

Loc: Not Wisconsin
    #27558385 - 11/26/21 12:00 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Rehabilitation for certain criminals is appropriate. But if someone without a shred of doubt commits murder (other than self defense) they should be put to death. I don't care if they feel remorseful or could even change their train of thought to not kill again....I would say "that's nice of you, but you should've considered that before doing what you did"

Prison nor the death penalty is a deterrent to most criminals. Doesn't mean that we shouldn't have them. People choose to break the law, unless they are truly mentally handicapped they should have consequences appropriate to the crime committed.

That being said; I have a hard time with the death penalty because of wrongful convictions. Pretty conflicting topic to me.

OnlineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Clemency for Julius Jones [Re: Mach z 800]
    #27558446 - 11/26/21 01:11 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Mach z 800 said:
yep an if its something national an the media spins things the killer will have a go fund me page an will be out as fast as he got in.

Just look at Rittenhouse. Kill two people, wound a third, and you've got a ready-made life in politics.

OfflineMach z 800
Stranger
 User Gallery

#27559306 - 11/27/21 08:58 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Kryptos said:
Quote:

Mach z 800 said:

Just look at Rittenhouse. Kill two people, wound a third, and you've got a ready-made life in politics.

well kyle had his right to defend him self from pedifiles attacking him.

OfflinePsilynut2
Stranger

Re: Clemency for Julius Jones [Re: Mach z 800] * 1
    #27563735 - 11/30/21 07:44 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

It's too bad we can't fight illiteracy with guns .

--------------------

OfflineMach z 800
Stranger
 User Gallery

#27564155 - 12/01/21 04:48 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Psilynut2 said:
It's too bad we can't fight illiteracy with guns .

well its the facts the people he shot were criminals an they got what they deserved. Play stupid games you win stupid prizes.

Lol hey i guess in the woke left world pedifiles are protected an misunderstood people lol.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/californiaglobe.com/legislature/ca-democrats-author-bill-to-protect-sex-offenders-who-lure-minors/amp/

CA Democrats Author Bill to Protect Sex Offenders Who Lure MinorsNo sex offender registry if perpetrator within 10 years of age of the minor

OfflinePsilynut2
Stranger

#27564233 - 12/01/21 07:10 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

well its the facts the people he shot were criminals an they got what they deserved. Play stupid games you win stupid prizes

You can legally shoot someone for throwing a paper bag at you and then shoot the people who try to stop you from running away but I will still call you a fucking coward and a worthless piece of shit , to your face .
  All I saw was a fucking scared little bitch , running away.

Quote:

CA Democrats Author Bill to Protect Sex Offenders Who Lure MinorsNo sex offender registry if perpetrator within 10 years of age of the minor

I think all that law does is give a judge discretion in certain cases . It doesn't protect anyone .

--------------------

OfflineThe Influence
Free Sheeks
Male User Gallery

Loc: Not Wisconsin
    #27564483 - 12/01/21 09:54 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Psilynut2 said:
Quote:

well its the facts the people he shot were criminals an they got what they deserved. Play stupid games you win stupid prizes

You can legally shoot someone for throwing a paper bag at you and then shoot the people who try to stop you from running away but I will still call you a fucking coward and a worthless piece of shit , to your face .

Quote:

I think all that law does is give a judge discretion in certain cases . It doesn't protect anyone .

Another keyboard warrior!!!!!

OfflineMach z 800
Stranger
 User Gallery

#27564546 - 12/01/21 10:36 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Psilynut2 said:
Quote:

Quote:

lol so your fine with sex offenders attacking minors an not defending your self?

OfflinePsilynut2
Stranger

#27564712 - 12/01/21 12:52 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Holy  jewface fucking christ . What in the hell are you talking about ?

--------------------

Edited by Psilynut2 (12/01/21 07:37 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom