Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Getting "back on the horse"...advice?
    #2755924 - 06/02/04 07:27 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

This weekend I may be tripping for the first time since my overwelming last trip. I was completely unprepared for the experience, and it frightened me badly. I now see it as a valuable learning experience, but there still is a bit of trepidation when it comes to tripping again. Essentially, my goal with the next trip is "get back on the horse" so to speak, to remind myself that shrooms can be fun.

I am thinking about taking 2g's and it will be the lowest that I've ever taken...what are the effects that some of you experience if you take this amount? Is this a good dose to do after you've had a harrowing experience with shrooms previously?

Just general advice about "dipping my toes back into the water" would be nice

thanks guys

*me*

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleChronic7
 User Gallery

Re: Getting "back on the horse"...advice? [Re: MOTH]
    #2756499 - 06/02/04 01:06 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

taking low doses is as much fun for me as high doses almost, makes me a bit giggly just much more control over it

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

#2756687 - 06/02/04 02:15 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

compile a list of music with very positive and upbeat vibes and have that play during the entire trip

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: Getting "back on the horse"...advice? [Re: jux]
    #2757612 - 06/02/04 06:47 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks guys...I was feeling good today so I was even thinking about taking 3 or 3.5 grams this weekend. I don't know...we'll see how it goes this weekend. But after a heavy trip, my instinct tells me to take it slow. At the same time I want to trip like I used to before the "Big Trip," where I could take 4 grams and have a great time. We'll see I guess...

thanks

*me*

OfflineRequiem
More Better

Loc: Hangin' out on the Sealab
    #2759052 - 06/03/04 12:57 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

After my bad trip, I waited 2 weeks then tripped again on a low dose. However, my bad trip was caused form mixing weed and shrooms. My advice is to start on a low dose and when you feel handle that dose, then increase the dose till to find your "zone". I look at it like a learning experience. Test and see what works for you. After two bad trips caused by weed and shrooms, I know not to smoke while tripping.

*Sorry about the grammer and spelling, I'm just got off work and need to sleep.

--------------------

"I want your Soul.
I will eat your soul."
-Aphex Twin

:dancing: :blah: :dancing: :blah: :dancing: :blah: :dancing: :blah: :dancing: :blah: :dancing:

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Getting "back on the horse"...advice? [Re: Requiem]
    #2759199 - 06/03/04 01:39 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I dont think iv ever not smoked weed on shrooms.... itd probley give me a bad trip not too..

OfflineHarbinger
The Power of theRiff Compels Me

Loc: Far Away
    #2759234 - 06/03/04 01:55 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I was in your same position for about three months until the past weekend, you're not alone. On my birthday I ate a high dose and smoked alot of weed (something I don't do while I trip, guess judgement was off :tongue:) and just had a horrible trip. The easiest way to describe it was that I had extremely overwhelming feelings of discomfort that made me want to drop to my knees and cry.  I wondered if I would ever trip and enjoy mushrooms again. For the couple months to come, smoking weed sparked the same anxiety from the trip. This left me wondering whether the bad trip was because of the shrooms or just the weed, or both.

Fast forward to last weekend: For about a month now the anxiety I once got from smoking weed was almost completely gone. It was time to see if I could trip again. I HAD to know. Some friends of mine had gotten some mushrooms and I bought an 8th to see if I could enjoy mushrooms like I used to. I decided to only eat half an 8th, as I didn't think I was ready for a higher dose. I remember holding the stems in my hand for a while being very anxious, just thinking about what I was going to do, so long that my friends asked if I was actually going to eat them. Finally, I put them in my mouth, feeling ready that I was ready once again for the mushroom experience.

It was great. It was like the first time I tripped all over again.  When the thought of the bad trip came in to my mind (believe me, its inevitable) I told myself it was all in the past and I had learned from it. One thing is for sure, I'm never smoking weed while I trip again.

Plan it out, and have something to take your mind off your bad feelings you may get.  For me, playing music is the ultimate relaxer, so find something that relaxes you and make sure you have it with you during the trip (you're a writer correct?) 

The low dose was a great start back into tripping, and I'd suggest starting at the same dose. Only you can know if you will be ready to trip again, and there is only one way to find out. With that in mind, I wish you a pleasent trip. :goodluck:

Offlinedoufus
Stranger
What happened to the hippies? [Re: MOTH]
    #4860482 - 10/27/05 08:10 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

With any luck, some readers might be from that era.

What happened?

Did a whole generation give it up?

Was the exercise pointless?

Here's my naive view: the insights gained were valid, but not
directly applicable to changing the world of politics, self interest,
greed and power. Knowledge is not always useful, although it can
be wonderful in itself.

I wonder if many of them learned what they needed and then took
on ordinary life looking the same as everybody else while still
being different.

comments?

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: What happened to the hippies? [Re: doufus]
    #4860940 - 10/27/05 09:42 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

I've had many beautiful trips since writing this post.

It took more then a year and a dozen more mushroom trips to put the teachings I recieved during that trip into perspective. 

And lots and lots of reading and thinking. 

Now I grasp the secret my soul was trying to let me know during that intense experience. 

I am so thankful for it.  It was truly a life-changing trip.  I have not been the "same" since.  It's like the trip crushed me totally and in this destruction something fresh and healing started to grow.  That's the best I can explain it.  It has been a continual (and ongoing) process, a spiritual evolution. 

I have been preparing to go back for awhile now.  :smile:

But I want to dance with my Saint Peter first.

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery
Re: What happened to the hippies? [Re: MOTH]
    #4861963 - 10/28/05 01:35 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

I'm kinda in the same position.  My last trip was completely insane and I totally lost grip with reality.  I wasn't sure I would come back in any sane fashion.  All I could do was lay there hoping the swirling "Lateralus" eyes and fluctation geometric patterns and whispering voices would eventually fade away.  Well they didn't, I ended up falling asleep at 5am.  It was the first trip of my life where I was totally uncomfortable the entire trip.  No music sounded good, I couldn't get comfortable.  Stretching didn't work.  I knew it was going to be a bad trip when 10 minutes after eating them I threw up all over the backyard.  The whole idea just had bad vibes.

Now I'm really scared to trip again.  I don't know if I could handle another trip like that again.  I know how amazing good trips can be and I would simply LOVE to have another one.  Actually, lately, I've been feeling like I NEED to have one.  I'm kinda scared of the fact that I like to trip alone and that I don't want to absolutley freak out and not have anyone around to bring me back down.  I've been planning on a Halloween trip, like I did last year.  Last year's trip was amazing.

McKennaDMT  :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience