Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

a beautiful climax to a week in the woods (trip report)
    #2755420 - 06/02/04 02:06 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I spent last week up in the mountains of the Sunshine Coast at a radical environmentalist/anarchist gathering. THe people there were fantastic, beautiful comrades and the land was (is) spectacular. Much of the week we were rained on but I hardly minded at all. On Friday night it was dry and had been sunny all day, and a comrade shared some of his homegrown cubensis (i'm pretty sure they were cubensis) also, another comrade added a small bit of cyanensis into the mix. Myself and a couple others built a good warm fire beside the "hobbit hole" shelter a few were staying in, and brewed the shrooms in a pot with hot chocolate. About 15 of us sat around in a circle drinking the delicious concoction together. After that we brewed up another pot of shrooms, but this time with herbal tea and lemon juice. I'm not sure the exact dosage level but all of us reached about level 3 or so.

For the build up I and some others sat around the fire while one womyn played guitar and sang. After some time another womyn ran up to the fire and told us that we had to come on a mission with her to see the sky, that she had made a promise to this place she'd found to come back and show it to other people. 4 of us joined her, we did a bit of bushwacking to reach the place. I found bushwacking in the dark, on shrooms, really exciting because it was damn challenging. We spent a couple of hours watching quickly moving clouds swirl around the moon. I should probably mention that there was also a freetechno party happening below the treeline that we had not been interested in going to. From our position in the woods we could see their light projections swirling on the trees which was beautiful. Unfortunately, we could also hear the music which added a slight level of annoyance and the occasional surge of mild anxiety to my experience. We peaked while we were sitting there and got really fucking silly. At one point one womyn said she wanted to go watch the techno kids but was afraid someone would try to talk to her so we joked that she should bring a stick and poke anyone who tried to talk to her away. That image was, at the time, so hilarious that we started thinking about what the city would be like if people walked around with sticks and prodded people away like that, and concluded that people already do that, just not physically.

Eventually our visual fascination with the place wore away and we decided, about 5 times, that we were going to go somewhere else but everyone kept getting distracted. Finally I got everyone up and the one womyn who knew how the hell to get back lead the way. I was really cold (and my bum was wet from the log) so as soon as I found my hobbit hole I broke off from the group to climb into my straw bed and sleeping bag.

This, for me, was the best part of the trip. As soon as I got warm I got much happier, and I was excited to be alone so I could let my conciousness wander on its own without the stimuli of other peoples conversation. As i warmed up I felt as though I was being held in the arms and the womb of my earth mother, that she was pulling me deep inside her and teaching me what I need to learn for this transitionary period of my life. I felt as though I was being sucked down into the roots of trees and pulled underground. I listened as deeply as I could to the sound of the creek trickling behind my hobbit hole, and the sound of wind through the trees. Unfortunately the techno was still blaring and was a constant distraction from the journey I was going on. I kept coming in and out of my communion with my earth mother, and thinking "man, I hope this stops before I come down" although I knew it wouldn't since all the techno kids were on acid and would be higher for longer than me.

Despite the aggravation of the techno, and the stress that being freezing cold caused me this was the best trip i've ever had. I felt a deep connection with the land, that still resonates. That mountain is my spirit home now, and I will go back there again and again. The next day was spent doing actions against the bid on the "cut block". Deflagging and roadblock building. I belong to the mountain. There is no better setting for a trip than wild land that you love.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleKackleDude
transmundaneother

Loc: Close to the Edge, Down b...
Re: a beautiful climax to a week in the woods (trip report) [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #2755459 - 06/02/04 02:14 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

excellent, sounds like a stellar experience. Tripping in the woods while camping is a favorite of mine as well.

--------------------
yeeeahh, it's gonna be well wicked

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience