Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: 10,000 Shroomery trees! Let's do this! [Re: Socrateshroom] * 2
    #27553481 - 11/22/21 10:58 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

It kinda looks like a field of Datura :grin: Look at how muich other vegetation is possible when you have trees, and how many more plants ans shrubs are planted except for the trees themselves. So your 25 cent tree will support crop after crop all around them!

Permaculture -- Permaculture integrates land, resources, people and the environment through mutually beneficial synergies - imitating the no waste, closed loop systems seen in diverse natural systems.

Thank you so much, everybody, EVERYBODY! for donating so generously! with 25 cents being a tree as part of a forest gardening oasis, every donation counts!
Y'all are being great, lets keep at this!

$1053 = 4212 trees!!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: 10,000 Shroomery trees! Let's do this! [Re: Asante] * 2
    #27553498 - 11/22/21 11:29 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

A response from Trees.org  Re; my mail!

Quote:

Hi Asante,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us and congratulations on running such an incredible fundraiser thus far! It's been amazing to see your team work together to plant trees and change lives through regenerative agriculture. In just a few days you've almost raised enough money to establish and entire Forest Garden ($1,000) which is truly incredible and will have a far-reaching impact on both people and the planet!

Thank you for letting us know about the Paypal issue... I'll have to investigate and see why that might be happening. Would you be able to share the names of those who were having this issue so I can do a deeper dive? We just recently integrated Paypal into our donation platform so its difficult to say whether this is common. If you send me their names I'll try to figure it out as soon as possible for you all.

If members of your team would like to make a cryptocurrency donation, we can definitely apply them to your fundraising page! You can donate cryptocurrency through the widget on our page: trees.org/crypto. Our widget creates a dynamic wallet address to preserve the privacy of our donors, so you'll have to enter your contact information on the second page in order to create a unique wallet address on the third page. The email you include on the second page will receive the donation receipt, so I highly encourage your teammates to include that information!

If you could ask them to forward their receipt to me with the name they'd like to appear on your page and any message they'd like to include, I can manually upload their donation on my end so it appears on your fundraising page! (you might have seen me do a test with a donation of mine to make sure this works 🙂)

Thank you so much again for taking the initiative to plant trees and change lives with us! I look forward to hearing back from you and seeing the impact we'll be able to make together.

With gratitude,
Alexa

---
Alexa Castellano | (she/her/hers)
Individual Giving Coordinator

Trees for the Future
1400 Spring Street, Suite 500
Silver Spring, Maryland 20910
Tel: (+1) 301-565-0630

EIN: 52-1644869
Plant trees. Change lives.

Since she wrote the we comfortably cleared the $1000 mark, even before matching by the site, so there bow at least will be a whole Forest Garden with our name on it, a whole project thanks to us! You see the enthusiasm, in next to no time at all we have soared past houses of worship and institutions, high up on the first page oif teams. Not to be competitive with them, but it shows that we not just do awesome but we do COMPARITIVELY awesome relative to other donation drives too.

Lets do more! :dizope:

Apparently whole Forest Garden Projects are $1000 a pop, lets do a few of those :manofapproval:

Here's a Farmer Couple in Tanzania amidst their greens:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineMooninite
Amateur Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty South
    #27553821 - 11/22/21 03:50 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

I'm totally in, and incredibly amazed this place does stuff like this! Very cool. Im also a sucker for merch lol

--------------------

.:Jobensis:.

InvisibleAtomsplit
 User Gallery

Loc: SAB
Re: 10,000 Shroomery trees! Let's do this! [Re: Mooninite] * 2
    #27554264 - 11/22/21 10:03 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Do we still get the 3 month membership if we donate anonymously?
:rocket:

--------------------

Edited by Atomsplit (11/22/21 10:24 PM)

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: 10,000 Shroomery trees! Let's do this! [Re: Atomsplit] * 2
    #27554335 - 11/23/21 12:51 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Even if you donate anon, you can still show Geokills proof of your donation in private, maybe even encrypted PM, so that he can set you up.

Its possible with paypal at least to donate using your username instead of your real name, such as I did with Asante Sana.

Not to be a competitive prick but..

God turns endings into new beginnings, death into life, and flesh will cover bone.

If they feel uneasy about this, they can refute this by sending the collection plate around one more time to put words into action. We have Faith in mother nature and the goodness in people and put our money where our mouth is.

All respect to the Temple of course, this is by no means to slight them!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: 10,000 Shroomery trees! Let's do this! [Re: Asante] * 3
    #27554352 - 11/23/21 01:11 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

50 years ago a man bought an environmentally devastated piece of Texas and, by giving nature a chance to take root again, it is a garden of Eden once more, an example of what he calls "working with nature instead of against it", ie Permaculture:

Meanwhile at Trees.org:

When you do monoculture, your crop either fails or succeeds, and you have one pay day a year. With forest gardens, you have several kinds of crops year round so you have more food security and incme security, while all the while having your land be an oasis and haven for many species of plant and animal life.
You got to do the right thing!

$1135 = 4540 trees!!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineMountainYeti
Stranger

#27554365 - 11/23/21 01:45 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Wish I could do my part but having a hard time supporting myself with the SSD people dragging their feet and no one seems to know what is happening.

A community that grows together is more like a family.  See what this underground(pun intended)family can accomplish

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: 10,000 Shroomery trees! Let's do this! [Re: MountainYeti] * 2
    #27554447 - 11/23/21 04:46 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

We got this :supersaiyan: focus on restoring your own balance, you cannot give what you do not have. Get some oatmeal for food security in the tight squeeze.

We're an awesome group of people, that much is clear

Trees.org: we believe in the power of trees

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Onlinespirit_shadow
Beta Crypt 3
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#27554475 - 11/23/21 05:35 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

AWWW SHIT!!!!! yes! I just worked overtime this week and am going to make triple pay Friday! I'm at LEAST doing $50 for my first donation. I FUCKING LOVE TREES! :vibin::rockman::wtfsonic::shroomeryhead::rockon::ancientaliens::wonka::trippinbawelz::chong::mindblown::awehigh:

--------------------
This is the way.....(this account is automated, all posts related to illegal activities or advice thereof are strictly from numerous online sites and are for informational purposes only)- Circa 2011
Ban lotto

InvisibleCrazy_Horse
I’m Rick James, bitch!
 User Gallery

Loc: Hampsterdam
    #27554639 - 11/23/21 08:25 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

I donated!

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: 10,000 Shroomery trees! Let's do this! [Re: Crazy_Horse] * 1
    #27555161 - 11/23/21 02:58 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Shroomerites, you're being absolutely fantastic, please know that every single contribution is treasured, right up to a positive post.

Today mail was exchanged with Trees.org again, the Individual Giving Coordinator liaison was curious about what the Shroomery is about, and of course I went in detail. She was quite positive about our own community:

Quote:

Thank you so much for giving me this insight into your organization! I truly appreciate learning more about the history of The Shroomery and how it's grown over time. I admire how {the Shroomery] started in the early internet days and have continued to educate and inspire mushroom lovers since then, it's truly great to see your growth.

She sees the good, one harm reduction website to another, basically!

She shared a bunch of information about Forest Gardens, perk up your ears guys!

Quote:

The average Forest Garden is 1 acre (4000 sqm, 0.4 hectare) in size. One farmer, or one farming family, will establish and care for each Forest Garden on their own land. The average Forest Garden has 2,500 trees. Most of these trees are planted in the first and second year, along the perimeter of the Forest Garden, which we call a "Living Fence." In the third and fourth years of their training, the rest of the trees are strategically planted where they will be most beneficial to the farmer's Forest Garden.

As I mentioned, it costs $1000 to grow a Forest Garden on average. This accounts seeds, biodegradable nursery bags for seedlings, basic tree planting tools (wheelbarrow, shovel, hoe, watering can and pruning shears), and training from field staff.

All this information, and more, can be found on this document, which lives on the Carbon Calculator page of our website. This recent blog post on our website also includes an incredible picture of Senegalese farmer Saliou's Forest Garden and the many benefits it's provided his family over the past four years.

Look at the state of affairs in a Forest Garden just FOUR YEARS after the process is initiated:

Soo.. these 1 acre/0.4 hectare Forest Gardens average $1000 to completely implement from aardvark to zzyzx. We got one down, hopefully more to come.

Keep at it, fantastic Shroomerites, and if you are on Shroomery derivede sites on Discord, FB etc.. mention it!

We are doing something womderful here, the charity too is very pleasantly surprised and wants to learn hard from whats happening here :smile:

Its great, we all win!

Mother nature wins and those tending to it best, win too, and that goes for the whole family tending to the Forest Garden:

Shroomerites, we're doing something really really good here, helping people and nature who have grown at odds, grow back together again, and the better they do that, the greater the reward.

The Forest Garden(s) we put down will not just sustain themselves but serve as success to emulate by others, and as a source of fresh, diverse seeds of many kinds. People copy things that work, and thats exactly what we all want.

There is an escalating chain reaction effect here, at no cost of resources to the charity and its benefactors.

Be a part of it! Tell a friend! Something special is happening here at the dawn of Thanksgiving and before the holiday season!

Write this legend with us!

$1280 = 1.28 Forest Gardens!!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
    #27555271 - 11/23/21 04:11 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Here's a little graphic I whipped up in case anyone wants to share it elsewhere.
Ythan also setup a redirect to the first post in this thread at: https://shroomery.org/trees :rockon:

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: 10,000 Shroomery trees! Let's do this! [Re: geokills] * 3
    #27556280 - 11/24/21 11:31 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Fantastic work Geo and Ythan, we're all coming together for this one.

My own donation, I made it in memory of Acidic_Sloth - this thread of Shroomerites scrambling to help out, this is the Shroomery of Hearts that the represented.

We're a fantastic bunch of people, united by our interests and goodness :heart:

Shroomerites, spread the word!

Quote:

geokills said:
Here's a little graphic I whipped up in case anyone wants to share it elsewhere.
Ythan also setup a redirect to the first post in this thread at: https://shroomery.org/trees :rockon:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: 10,000 Shroomery trees! Let's do this! [Re: Asante] * 1
    #27557098 - 11/25/21 03:46 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Whoah another phat donastion came in!
Birthday boy sez lets plant some TREES today!

I inquired about the genetic diversity of the trees planted to see whether they prevented Monsantstrocities from spreading, they said:

Quote:

I can't speak for genetic diversity, but I can speak for our seed sourcing! All the trees we plant start as seeds in our in-country seed banks. As you may know, four companies own 50% of the world's seeds, many of which have been genetically modified which decrease diversity and increase the cost to plant, since they usually require expensive fertilizers. We source our own seeds and even buy back seeds from the farmers in our program, which provides a low-cost solution for our farmers.

Since farmers plant trees and crops through the Forest Garden Approach, they are encouraged to plant a diverse number of species which increases biodiversity and decreases the chances of widespread disease and crop failure. I will be sure to reach out to our Director of Training to see if they know more about the genetic diversity of our seeds, though!

Let's keep going! Shroomery is #4 in the team ranking now, about to graduate to #3!

We choose to go to the moon :awecid:

$1489 = 1.49 Forest Gardens!!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineShakedown Street
Friend
Male

#27557974 - 11/25/21 08:54 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

The woods behind my house supply ten thousand more acorns than can grow to maturity on the earth onto which they fall.  This past year, I selected, culled, and germinated more acorns than I have land to plant upon.  So I cast many acorns this past summer intp the creek across from my house.    I know they will grow there with ample water and thrive until they reach the powerlines, when they will be cut down by the power company  (about 40 feet above ground level).    I don't know how many years that will take.  However, I do know from the research done by Greta Thunberg that trees will exude carbon into the Earths' atmosphere every year for the first 15 years of their life, and only after those 15 years will they become a carbon sink.  Where else can I cast them ? ( I will wait until spring. )

Edited by Shakedown Street (11/25/21 09:01 PM)

OnlineNorthernerM
splelling chceker
 User Gallery

Loc: FNQ
Re: 10,000 Shroomery trees! Let's do this! [Re: Shakedown Street] * 3
    #27558022 - 11/25/21 10:15 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Greta isn't a researcher, she's a political and environmental activist. No study ever came from her. In fact, she never finished school. Though she has brought much attention to critical work other people have done.

Young trees grow quickly and pull in carbon rapidly. They breathe in carbon dioxide and breathe out oxygen, after all. Planting trees immediately starts effecting our environment in a positive way.

:sunny:

--------------------
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: 10,000 Shroomery trees! Let's do this! [Re: Northerner] * 1
    #27558234 - 11/26/21 08:23 AM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Pee and Poo and CO2, that and Sunlight makes a tree! :sun:

Its a wonderful system, you plant a tree and driven by solar power it starts attracting building materials to buld itself, digging the roots deep into the soil for water abd nutrients and the brabnches high in the air to catch the sun!

What most people dont realize: a fruit tree often has hundreds of pounds of fruit a year. For instance a coconut palm produces 100 coconuts a year easily.

Trees provide great abundance. if you got a walnut tree, prepare for wheelbarrows full of walnuts! oils, protens, galore.

Got a while"? Here's the award winning animation film of The Man Who Planted Trees:

$1579 = 1.58 Forest Gardens!!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineFleabag Friend
OTD Free Bag Fiend
Male User Gallery

Loc: Niggerville, TX
    #27559049 - 11/27/21 12:32 AM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Check this out tree story

One of the few stories to have truly touched me.

--------------------
"Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things."-Marvin Heemeyer
𝓐 𝔀𝓸𝓶𝓪𝓷, 𝓪 𝓭𝓸𝓰, 𝓪 𝔀𝓪𝓵𝓷𝓾𝓽 𝓽𝓻𝓮𝓮, 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓫𝓮𝓪𝓽 '𝓮𝓶, 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓫𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝔂 𝓫𝓮.

𝓣𝓱𝔂 𝓦𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝓑𝓮 𝓓𝓸𝓷𝓮

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: 10,000 Shroomery trees! Let's do this! [Re: Fleabag Friend] * 2
    #27559654 - 11/27/21 02:51 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

An inspiring story FF, from the rough side of life.

They find purpose in tending to their part of the earth with the last of their abilities.

Let's keep on planting these trees!

$1631 = 1.63 Forest Gardens!!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#27559883 - 11/27/21 06:20 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

A totally awesome $20 gift by Atoms Plit :biggestnuke:  puts the count on

$1652 = 1.65 Forest Gardens!!

Muchas gracias! 3 month supporter account your way!

We are $98 removed from taking the #3 position in the team ranking and it isnt even December yet!

Every cent is welcome guys and will go a looong way in Africa!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds