Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemallrats
Stranger
Pointers for the newbie?
    #2754175 - 06/01/04 06:06 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I just wanted to get advice from a person who has actually done shrooms. I want to shroom for the first time. I have no prior experience with any other drugs, including alcohol. Can I get some real-world pointers on how to make this a good experience? Also, how much should I be taking, keeping in mind this is my first trip, although I don't want it to be lame and still desire a pretty strong effect. Thanks for your help.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Pointers for the newbie? [Re: mallrats]
    #2754295 - 06/01/04 06:35 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Never done ANY drugs? Tell me, why do you wish to try mushrooms? Wow, never smoked a joint or drank a beer or anything? Well Dr. GDman will perscribe what you need. Start smoking some pot, so you know what it feels like to get high. After you know what that's like, if you wish to try mushrooms eat 2 grams. Smoke some pot with it, if you feel comfortable with pot. Relax, enjoy, go with the flow, be in a nice setting with a good mindset. Make sure you have no obligations the day after, nothing to think about, if you live with them make sure your parents arn't an issue.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
    #2754309 - 06/01/04 06:40 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

First off, why do you want to do shrooms?
I mean, I think it's awesome that you're curious and want to trip. But you have to ask yourself what's intriguing about it, what you want out of a trip.

The best advice I can give you is to look around the FAQ's of this site--it's the best on the net. 
The most importnat things are set and setting.
Set=mindset, your mental preparation for your psychedelic journey.
Setting=when, where, with whom, etc. If you are going to trip with someone, make sure they are trustworthy, and lay out some groundrules as far as changing music, turning on lights, etc. Collective decisions. Also, stay far away from anywhere where you could run into authority figures (parents, police, schoolteachers...)

Find a nice place in nature-a park, a forest, somethin like that.  If not possible, get a comfy pillow, and some nice headphones or speakers and some good tunes (Look around this forum for some great musical recommendations).

REMEMBER: be prepared (Mentally, Psychically, and read up in FAQ's), it's the best way to have the best trip possible.

Any more specific questions?

As far as dosage, I highly recommend getting a digital scale-you definitely want to know what you're eating. If not possible, judge from the bag--if you buy a quarter, eat a little more than a fourth of that and you'll be set :wink:

Good luck young Psychonaut!

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

OfflineGinseng
enthusiast
    #2754311 - 06/01/04 06:41 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I think you should experience some common mind-altering drugs first.

Basicaly do what Dr. GDman prescribed for you...

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
    #2754326 - 06/01/04 06:47 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, GDman says some good things.
Although I had never smoked pot before I tripped, and it was a fucking blast.
Definitely make sure you have no obligations, the rest of the day, or for a while afterward.
Oh, and don't eat for a good 3 hours before you munch the mushrooms.

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

#2754359 - 06/01/04 07:01 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

be sure to stay with us, we have a nice community here, if you ahve a questions, let us know. let me know if you have any questions with any commen mind-expanders or whatever. also let us know when your finally gonna trip, and, most importently, tell us how it went :smile:. I send good vibes.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.

Anonymous

Re: Pointers for the newbie? [Re: gdman]
    #2754372 - 06/01/04 07:08 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I wanted to experience shrooms before smoking weed. I said to myself I would never smoke weed, but I drink. After like 5 months of drinking I just wanted to experience with shrooms and have a blast. But then one night I ended up getting drunk and was offered a hit of weed and took it. Then I started to smoke just a little and 2 weeks later I ate some mushies, then smoked a fat joint. (truly heaven)

Offlinemallrats
Stranger
Re: Pointers for the newbie? [Re: ]
    #2754428 - 06/01/04 07:32 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

The reason I want to trip is because I want to know what it feels like to have everything distorted. I really want to get into it for the intellectual/spiritual reasons. I don't want to try weed before because I have researched it and found that it has many carcinogens. Mushrooms appear to have the least amount of and most mild negative side effects of the hallucinogens, that is why I think it will be really fun because I won't be worrying about getting really paranoid and crazy. I also have two scheduled sitters. We will be driving to Wisconsin, so I'll have one person driving and one in the back with me, will that be a problem? We will have calming and relaxing music on. My friend is taking away my cellphone and anything around that could be potentially dangerous. So can I still proceed to take the 2g if I don't smoke pot prior to the ingestion? Also, how do I make sure I have a good "set"? Yeah, I will report back to see what happens. I'm also having trouble finding someone who deals shrooms around me (Chicago, Illinois, but the suburbs not the big city) considering all my friends are straightedges. So yeah, if you guys could answer my questions, that's be great.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

#2754501 - 06/01/04 07:46 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

oh right, I was talking to you on irc, I  strongly urge you to try pot, it won't hurt you. Belive me, it won't give you cancer and it will help you figure out whjta getting high is all about. Some people bug out whne they get really high and trust me, on mushrooms, you'll get  reallllyyy high. It won't kill you, pot and mushrooms, relax enjoy the finer things in life :smile:. Trust me. Anyway, I can't recomend tripping in a car for the first time, it might be ok, but I think you'll want to walk around a little.

happy trails

--------------------

Offlinemallrats
Stranger
    #2754554 - 06/01/04 07:58 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

How much is pot going for nowadays? So if I don't try pot, are you saying I'll flip if I do shrooms? And is 2g even worth doing because most people are saying it's not enough to get a good effect, but since I'm a n00bie, would it be fine? Thanks

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

#2754565 - 06/01/04 08:01 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

well, you won't nesicerly flip out, you'll be fine, just be happy. pot isn't a "bad drug" though, really it isn't that bad. try it sometime, it's awsome on mushrooms. price can very, useually 10-15 bucks a gram. 2 grams is good for a first time, nothing spectacular, but for a first time without any expiriance with anything, it'll be wicked  :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :grin:. Smile.

--------------------

OfflineandySENSE311
nugget <3
    #2754567 - 06/01/04 08:01 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

gdman420 said:
I think you'll want to walk around a little.

tru that^^
maybe you guys can stop while on your road trip and experience the outdoors . while your in that car youll most def want to go explore.

good luck finding your mush, and have fun.
ill send silly funky shroomy vibes your way!
peace.

--------------------
"waiting for the time that i can finally say; that this has all been wonderful, but now im on my way"

Offlinetripin420
jus chillin
    #2754568 - 06/01/04 08:01 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

i dunno if u want to be cooped up in a car for your first trip

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Re: Pointers for the newbie? [Re: tripin420]
    #2754574 - 06/01/04 08:03 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

it might be too overwhelming with the movement and the lights on the cars and seeing the landscape go by fast.

--------------------

Offlinemallrats
Stranger
    #2754579 - 06/01/04 08:04 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

That's what I hear from some people. So I think I'm gonna make them stop a lot along the way so I can get out and explore. :-) Also, are shrooms expensive? I read like 20-40 for 1/8, but what would 2g probably cost me?

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

#2754582 - 06/01/04 08:05 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

could probably get it for 15

--------------------

OfflineSkinnymofo
lalala
Loc: Seattle
    #2754631 - 06/01/04 08:21 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

i dont know that you could find just 2 grams unless someone you know has extra. id just go with an 1/8 and get 2 doses for 15-20

Offlinetripin420
jus chillin
    #2754644 - 06/01/04 08:26 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

also becarefull if your stopped on the side of the road a cop HAS to its in there book stop and see if your ok even if there in the middle of a chace they have to call for back up to check on u
i know that for a fact

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

#2754662 - 06/01/04 08:33 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

oh yeah, this is another reason why "road tripping" for a first timer might not be great. but keep in mind no matter how you feel while on shrooms, there isn't a sign that says "I'm tripping" over your head. Wear sunglasses  :cool:.

--------------------

OfflineFatVsAsia
missing thehappy days...

Loc: Bolinas, California
    #2754670 - 06/01/04 08:37 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

trip on the beach or in the woods, i personally like tripping in the day, so i say trip in the day, and have some GrEaT mUsIc on!!!

--------------------
Smoke The Weed

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies