Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineMycoWeek
Graduate Student
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USA Flag
Re: Electric cars are impractical. Change my mind. [Re: Buckomcdoogle]
    #27489929 - 10/02/21 03:21 PM (3 months, 23 days ago)

Yep. Unless we go full nuclear or able to extract electricity from good vibe and sun shine, hybrid is the most efficient way for cars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineLoaded Shaman
Psychophysiologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Now O'Clock
Re: Electric cars are impractical. Change my mind. [Re: Buckomcdoogle] * 1
    #27491632 - 10/04/21 02:27 AM (3 months, 22 days ago)

Electric cars are merely the next technological monopoly for corporations that plan on continuing to sell you the idea that you're saving the planet, whilst they continue to contribute 70%+ of all pollution they want to blame on average people for merely existing, etc.

--------------------

"All of humanity's problems stem from man's inability to sit quietly in a room alone." - Blaise Pascal

"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance." — Confucius

InvisibleDividedQuantumM
Outer Head
Male User Gallery

Re: Electric cars are impractical. Change my mind. [Re: Loaded Shaman]
    #27491949 - 10/04/21 11:08 AM (3 months, 21 days ago)

Quote:

Loaded Shaman said:
Electric cars are merely the next technological monopoly for corporations that plan on continuing to sell you the idea that you're saving the planet, whilst they continue to contribute 70%+ of all pollution they want to blame on average people for merely existing, etc.

I think there's a good bit of truth to this. After all, this is a for-profit industry that still has a gigantic carbon footprint.

Offlineparadoxlost
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Electric cars are impractical. Change my mind. [Re: MycoWeek]
    #27492243 - 10/04/21 02:35 PM (3 months, 21 days ago)

Quote:

shintachou said:
Yep. Unless we go full nuclear or able to extract electricity from good vibe and sun shine, hybrid is the most efficient way for cars.

bullshit,

unless you mean hybrid diesal supercapacitor engines

--------------------
[quote]koods said:
Asante, I don’t think we should have any sympathy and should celebrate the deaths of antivax/antimask activists. They are responsible for far more American deaths than al Qaeda ever was. Every time one of them dies ther movement of death is weakened.ut[/quote]

OfflineAnonDevil
:)
Male

Loc: Behind You With a Knife
Re: Electric cars are impractical. Change my mind. [Re: paradoxlost]
    #27506206 - 10/16/21 05:01 AM (3 months, 10 days ago)

Electric cars travel further and this will continue to improve, less mechanical parts which mean fewer points of error & less parts being replaced.

They are the future, it will still take time for countries to adapt the correct infostructure for the i.e Electricity stations, Garages to learn how to fix them... but investment-wise people will buy them. it's just a part of technological advancements, take Cigarettes and Vape for example, DVD CD Stores and Netflix streaming.

Offlineparadoxlost
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Electric cars are impractical. Change my mind. [Re: DividedQuantum]
    #27506265 - 10/16/21 07:57 AM (3 months, 10 days ago)

Quote:

DividedQuantum said:
Quote:

Loaded Shaman said:

I think there's a good bit of truth to this. After all, this is a for-profit industry that still has a gigantic carbon footprint.

You could read their marketing strategy as well and you would come away with the conclusion not that there's a bit of truth in this, more so, oh this is true.

the book is called merchants of doubt.

--------------------
[quote]koods said:
Asante, I don’t think we should have any sympathy and should celebrate the deaths of antivax/antimask activists. They are responsible for far more American deaths than al Qaeda ever was. Every time one of them dies ther movement of death is weakened.ut[/quote]

Offlinejay.ach
Traveler
Male User Gallery

#27523829 - 10/30/21 10:59 AM (2 months, 26 days ago)

Electric cars are impractical for the average consumer but you can make them work if you want to and it's even easier if you are a 2 car household.  I have driven electric for the past 10.5 years (7 years in a Nissan Leaf, 3.5 years in a Fiat 500e) and I have covered 170,000 miles gas-free.  You can't road trip in either of these but my commute is 52 miles (26 miles one-way) and I can handle that, no problem.  I charge at home every week night and rarely have to charge anywhere else. I have never been stranded any where but over the past 10 years, I have forgotten to plug in 3 times.

--------------------
“One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.”  - Henry Miller

Offlineparadoxlost
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Electric cars are impractical. Change my mind. [Re: jay.ach]
    #27524974 - 10/31/21 08:59 AM (2 months, 25 days ago)

Sounds like a replacement for a bicycle in bad weather.

--------------------
[quote]koods said:

Offlinejay.ach
Traveler
Male User Gallery

#27525087 - 10/31/21 10:53 AM (2 months, 25 days ago)

Or for the cardio-challenged.  I am no longer young enough to want to ride a bike 26 miles after a 12 hour shift.  :laugh:  Although, I guess if I had ridden a bike 160,000 miles over the last decade my gut would be flat as a board.

--------------------
“One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.”  - Henry Miller

Offlineparadoxlost
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Electric cars are impractical. Change my mind. [Re: jay.ach]
    #27525484 - 10/31/21 05:57 PM (2 months, 25 days ago)

yea i sold my car, currently doing like 200 miles a week.

--------------------
[quote]koods said:

OfflineBuckomcdoogle
Atypical obsessive.
 User Gallery

#27539670 - 11/11/21 08:18 PM (2 months, 14 days ago)

Don't you think at the end of the day electric vehicles just give tech companies even more power over us?

I once had the power go out for 2 weeks, the one saving grace in situations like that is having technology that doesn't rely on electricity.

--------------------
"Nothing is more dangerous to your creativity than comfort and familiarity"

"Nihilism is the most basic truth in existence,
the only consistency throughout the world, and the universe is
chaos and decay"
"Logic leads to nihilism"

Offlinejay.ach
Traveler
Male User Gallery

Re: Electric cars are impractical. Change my mind. [Re: Buckomcdoogle]
    #27542232 - 11/13/21 09:43 PM (2 months, 12 days ago)

Quote:

Buckomcdoogle said:
Don't you think at the end of the day electric vehicles just give tech companies even more power over us?

I once had the power go out for 2 weeks, the one saving grace in situations like that is having technology that doesn't rely on electricity.

I don't see my electric company as a 'Tech' company.  It's more of a public utility.  When I lived in a house, I always charged at home.  Now that I live in an apartment, I have 4 different places I charge.  But that's not for everyone, the public charging infrastructure has a long way to go.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom