Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMuppet
Nomadic Jester
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (523) 327-2836
smile
    #2752057 - 06/01/04 02:23 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------

:craven:  Ravings of a Madman  :craven:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRedo
CTA

Re: smile [Re: Muppet]
    #2752074 - 06/01/04 02:34 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Wow, pretty intense. Why didnt they just give the poor man some shrooms to make him smile :blush:.

This should almost be in the Arts boards, its such an odd and (I think) great piece.

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2752102 - 06/01/04 02:53 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

PAL. Big Brother is watching.

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

OfflineMuppet
Nomadic Jester
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: smile [Re: Redo]
    #2752107 - 06/01/04 02:59 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I was actually planning on putting it there at first, but I figured I'd just get a buncha generic responses like "damn that's crazy" or "great animation man...thanx for sharing" (or some other stupid shit along those lines) I think this thing has a lot more potential then that though - so I figured I'd test it out here and see what the intellectual types get outta it

I think I'm gonna hold off on my interpretation for a day or two though
(just to see how many other people initially responded to it the same way I did)

Thus Spake Muppet

--------------------

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #2752157 - 06/01/04 03:43 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

obviously not much.....but damn that was crazy! some cool animation too :rolleyes:

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

InvisibleChronic7
    #2752368 - 06/01/04 07:49 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

ok...weird but wonderful!

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #2753353 - 06/01/04 02:15 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Man, that shit is crazy. I really don't know what to make of it.. no TERRIBLY literal ideas popped out at me when viewing.. I had some thoughts along the lines of how our society functions like a machine.. and how many people are pretty much robots..

that's all I got tho'.

Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
Re: smile [Re: Chronic7]
    #2753355 - 06/01/04 02:15 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

i thought it was good up till the mirror ball drops down and all the gameshow contestants are humping each other. that's just cheesy. that shows you the creator must be a little immature.

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
Re: smile [Re: question_for_joo]
    #2753364 - 06/01/04 02:18 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, I thought that too.. but I also considered that it might be part of whatever message is being conveyed...

Honestly, it was interesting, but too vague to make much of a commentary on anything. If it's supposed to have meaning, any one of us should be able to discern it. If a commentary is too vague, it fails to communicate; thus fails to be a commentary.

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2753428 - 06/01/04 02:32 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

my favorite scene was definately when he's trying to smile with 2 spikes in him.  It looked as though when it came down to it, he valued his life over his pride, but his conforming was too late. SMILE!  that exclamation at the end signals toward more of a command than a suggestion or shouting. 

I dunno about big brother being implied but it looked more like nazi's than anything.  especially the curtains in the background looked like the same type used when the nazi's were in power.  EVen the device that killed whatever that person was, was also a torture device, because at the end the head on the top comes off and you knew they could have ended him quicker than they did. 

very freaky!  :thumbup:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

OfflineBleaK
paradox
Re: smile [Re: kaiowas]
    #2753585 - 06/01/04 03:09 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Smile and shut up while we destroy you and have all the joys of fucking for ourselves.

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

OfflinePanoramix
Getafix
Male

Loc: Everywhere else
    #2754039 - 06/01/04 05:21 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Well, anything that uses music by Godspeed You Black Emperor can't be anything but great. Definately the lack of sound effects added to the eeriness of it all. Yeah, the him trying to smile bit was particularly well-done. I'd guess it's a commentary of societal pressures, particularly amongst them young folk nowadays. Oftentimes even when people who are different try to hide their difference and conform in order to try and prevent aggresion/abuse, they still get ridiculed or smacked around or whatever.

And for some reason it reminded me of Rejected at Bitterfilms.com

--------------------
Don't worry, I'm wrong.

OfflineMuppet
Nomadic Jester
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2754548 - 06/01/04 07:56 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

allright so maybe it wasn't as deep as I thought it was (or maybe it just struck a cord with me because of the family I have) all I know is that when I first saw this thing - I imediately thought of them  :crazy:

you see - my family is very pentacostal

in the pentacostal 'religion' they believe that a person's prior beliefs must first be stripped away before they can be rebuilt back up again...and that's exactly what I was seeing here  :tongue:

it's like they were trying to break down his spirit so they could buid him back up again...only (as kaiowas pointed out) they didn't really want him to be a part of their little clique - they just wanted to torture his ass, and give him the so called 'justice' they felt he deserved

they knew that he wasn't really one of them, and they knew that even if he put on a happy face and played the part - he'd still just be playing the part...he'd never truely be 'one of them'

so they got rid of him  :tongue:

they knew he wasn't gonna survive when they first hooked him up to that machine
they knew exactly what his fate was gonna be
they knew because they were gonna be the ones to dish it out to him

it was obvious to them that he had already chosen his path...and it was obvious that the path he had chosen wasn't the same path that the rest of them were on

they didn't care about WHY he made the descisions that he did - all that was important was that they were right and he was wrong

all that was important was that he got punished for his insolence in exactly the way that their belief system demanded

they felt no remorse for destroying an otherwise innocent man simply because doing so would (in a sense) invalidate their beliefs...and they simply couldn't have that

living in denile is apparently easier then facing the fact that you just might be wrong about something...wrong about something you believe just as strongly as your beliefs that the sun will always rise in the east, spring will always follow winter, and water can not be stood upon without sinking below the surface (unless of course you're some sort of omniscient being...or in the very least - in the presence of such a man)

no...they couldn't be wrong - he had to be destroyed  :sad:

but even more sickening:
he didn't have to simply be destroyed - he needed to be broken first
he needed to be taught that their way was the only way to save one's self

and the second he learned that lesson:
he needed to be put in a position where he couldn't possibly go back to his old ways
he needed to be protected from himself...for his own good

they were killing him (his spirit) in order to 'save' him

the end though (the one that everyone seems to think is so out of place) is crucial

the end shows that underneath all the smiling faces is just a bunch of deep dark desires that are never shown to anyone in the outside world - it shows that the only time they can truely be free is when no one else is around...and that they're really no different then the rest of us (except of course the whole creepy shiney-happy visade they put on all the time)

and most importantly:
it shows that because they keep themselves locked up all the time, when they finally do actually let loose - they take it to the absolute extreme...in exactly the same way the proverbial minister's daughter turns into one of the 'Girls Gone Wild' spring-break types when she does actually give in to temptation
(after all...if you're gonna break the rules - you're gonna break the rules god damnit)

in essence:

on the one side we have a guy that is just being himself...even if 'himself' isn't exactly the model citezen everyone else seems to think he should be

and on the other side we have a groups of conformist that bully the little guy into living life the way they feel it should be lived (regrdless of whether or not 'the little guy' wants that sort of lifestyle)

and in the end:

this solitary free thinker pays the ultimate price...and the sheeple return to their traditional lifestyle (never once having to consider the morality of their actions)

it's sad really  :nonono:

Thus Spake Muppet

--------------------

OfflineMuppet
Nomadic Jester
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2765300 - 06/05/04 01:35 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

this could probably be moved to MA&L now...

Thus Spake Muppt

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #2765859 - 06/05/04 10:22 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

right-o

--------------------

Offlinevade
veteran

Loc: Columbus, OHIO
    #2765890 - 06/05/04 10:38 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

man, that is really intense. It has the whole 1984 kinda feel to it too.

--------------------
I've got this feeling that there's something that I missed...

OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Loc: Billy Howerdel's closet Flag
Re: smile [Re: vade]
    #4056603 - 04/14/05 09:33 PM (19 years, 6 days ago)

I saw this post when I first came to this site...I thought the cartoon or whatever was awesome. I wanted to show my sister...but now the link doesn't work.
Does anyone know where I can find a working link to this animation. I'd appreciate it. :smile:

--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

OfflineBanJankri
FreefallerUpwards

Re: smile [Re: CaRnAgECaNdY]
    #4056777 - 04/14/05 10:17 PM (19 years, 6 days ago)

It works for me.

--------------------
Just let everything flow, just flow right to the center of everything. You gotta turn off your mind and relax, and then just float downstream...

OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Loc: Billy Howerdel's closet Flag
Re: smile [Re: BanJankri]
    #4056922 - 04/14/05 10:50 PM (19 years, 6 days ago)

Ohh, now it works. :smirk:

:laugh:

--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

Offlinelilbilski4life
fear andloathing inbozeman

Re: smile [Re: CaRnAgECaNdY]
    #4057007 - 04/14/05 11:12 PM (19 years, 6 days ago)

i post at that site too, it a bummer no one ever commets, oh well, its all good. :laugh: gj

--------------------
------------------------------------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order